Author Topic: Current HLA Staff  (Read 26035 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Current HLA Staff
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 11:35:20 PM »
Perfect, advertise all the 'dressing' sans  the 'meat'.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 11:45:55 PM »
that list is definitely incomplete.

HLA has an infrastructure that must be maintained. Who cooks the food? who does maintenance? night supervision? i know theres no more night staff at the dorms, but surely there has to be at least one person on campus at all times... How about washing sheets? it's illegal for the kids to do it themselves, if they are still washing the entire campus at once. they used to have hick woman w/ a beard sitting around washing the sheets all week. how about administration? finances? coaching?

how exactly are these kids getting a high school education? i see only one person that could be considered a teacher - hawley. sam tanner maybe, but my 11th grade geometry with sam was just a review of 6th grade arithmetic with shapes. and i got to sleep on the floor when i was done with my two minute worksheet every day.

where is the so called "supervision" and "accountability" HLA loves to talk about?

one of these two are true:
1. HLA is lying about their staff, and omitting anyone non-essential, unqualified, or hick-looking.
2. thats really all the staff they have, and the kids are tearing each other to pieces. massive anal hemorrhaging caused by mansausage rape is occurring at night to the weakest links.  HLA was bad enough with at least two staff for every fifteen or so  kids in any given location. when i was there, there were almost 200 kids and nearly that many staff. are there like five kids left or something? i hope so.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 11:50:14 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
But at Hidden Lake Academy, you get meat in your mouth all day long.

Especially with all the stories of molestation and sodomy...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
Quote from: "believe what you want"

HLA has an infrastructure that must be maintained. Who cooks the food? who does maintenance? night supervision? i know theres no more night staff at the dorms, but surely there has to be at least one person on campus at all times... How about washing sheets? it's illegal for the kids to do it themselves, if they are still washing the entire campus at once. they used to have hick woman w/ a beard sitting around washing the sheets all week. how about administration? finances? coaching?

how exactly are these kids getting a high school education? i see only one person that could be considered a teacher - hawley. sam tanner maybe, but my 11th grade geometry with sam was just a review of 6th grade arithmetic with shapes. and i got to sleep on the floor when i was done with my two minute worksheet every day.

where is the so called "supervision" and "accountability" HLA loves to talk about?

1. HLA is lying about their staff, and omitting anyone non-essential, unqualified, or hick-looking.
2. thats really all the staff they have, and the kids are tearing each other to pieces. massive anal hemorrhaging caused by mansausage rape is occurring at night to the weakest links.  HLA was bad enough with at least two staff for every fifteen or so  kids in any given location. when i was there, there were almost 200 kids and nearly that many staff. are there like five kids left or something? i hope so.

and how about the mail room? a NURSE? (for giving out the meds and other necessary tasks, duh). how about the dentists office in the back of the gym? or did they sell that equipment? in that case, who drives the kids on medical visits? how exactly do they manage to teach both 8th and 9th graders, along with seniors and post-seniors with that many staff? do they put 8th and 12th graders in the same english class? math class? is there even any schooling going on there? is there even a librarian left? a registrar?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »
Quote from: "believe what you want"

I am sure you are right there must be more employees,  some places just list their professional staff members.  As far as kids not being allowed to wash sheets that must be a Georgia law.  We always did laundry when we were growing up and general cleaning.  Is there a health hazard associated with doing sheets specifically?  Can kids wash other items like their own clothes?

You have to remember that most of these kids had access to a very good education system prior to HLA and refused to even show up. So any parent would be happy to have their kid in a class room even if they just slept on the floor.  It has to be better than not being there at all.

2. thats really all the staff they have, and the kids are tearing each other to pieces. massive anal hemorrhaging caused by mansausage rape is occurring at night to the weakest links. HLA was bad enough with at least two staff for every fifteen or so kids in any given location. when i was there, there were almost 200 kids and nearly that many staff. are there like five kids left or something? i hope so.

I would guess they are not listing all the employees, plus with the turnover rate it would be a task to keep the web site current.  I cant figure out from your post whether you think having a hick (as you call it) doing the sheets and food or having the kids doing it is preferable.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
I am sure you are right there must be more employees, some places just list their professional staff members. As far as kids not being allowed to wash sheets that must be a Georgia law. We always did laundry when we were growing up and general cleaning. Is there a health hazard associated with doing sheets specifically? Can kids wash other items like their own clothes?

Except they always listed all the staff in the past. There really isnt a reason to list maintenance staff for the school as the kids are forced to do all the work anyway. As for sheets, during my own incarceration there we always did our own. Not sure why the policy changed, unless some kids just weren't doing it.

You have to remember that most of these kids had access to a very good education system prior to HLA and refused to even show up. So any parent would be happy to have their kid in a class room even if they just slept on the floor. It has to be better than not being there at all.

Most of them? I'd like to see a basis for that claim. Further how is the "no fail" in place at HLA conducive to a higher education? How is a kid who leaves and returns to public or private school by any means prepared since he's already so far behind. Even better, how is such a kid prepared for college? Two minute work sheets and then nap time? Not at the college I went to.

I would guess they are not listing all the employees, plus with the turnover rate it would be a task to keep the web site current. I cant figure out from your post whether you think having a hick (as you call it) doing the sheets and food or having the kids doing it is preferable.

So what are your thoughts on them not having a nurse now? Still not an issue?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »
about the sheets:
it's not illegal to do your own sheets. it's illegal to make kids handle other people's sheets as they are biohazard - kids being kids would wack off all week into their sheets. when i was there, every saturday you would dump all the sheets in the common room and restrictions would pick them up in big bins, and carry them down to the maintenance shack by the SAC. there they would pick up bins of clean sheets and carry them to the dorms. there were two sets of sheets for every bed in each dorm, and they would rotate every week.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »
Quote from: "tsk"
about the sheets:
it's not illegal to do your own sheets. it's illegal to make kids handle other people's sheets as they are biohazard - kids being kids would wack off all week into their sheets. when i was there, every saturday you would dump all the sheets in the common room and restrictions would pick them up in big bins, and carry them down to the maintenance shack by the SAC. there they would pick up bins of clean sheets and carry them to the dorms. there were two sets of sheets for every bed in each dorm, and they would rotate every week.

Interesting,  if it is a bio-hazard issue then the kids really should not be doing any of the laundry that isnt their own, not just sheets.  Who did the laundry in the maintenance shack?  Was it kids on restriction?  How did the kids clothes get cleaned?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 01:43:10 PM »
there were laundry rooms in each of the dorms, around ten washers and ten dryers. kids washed all their own clothing.

the sheets and towels were done by a maintenance staff in a separate laundry room in the maintenance shack, in bigger heavy-duty commercial machines. the staff wore gloves, aprons, and surgical masks when handling the dirty sheets.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »
I wonder why they changed it? When I was there we all did our own. If a kid didnt do it, or didnt do his own laundry he was placed on restrictions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »
probably beacuse it was a burden on everyone.

1. they had to pay for extra staff to do it.
2. from my understanding, the maintenance shack by the sac/lake was turned into a pool?
3. restrictions had to carry the sheets up the hill. given the load is 100+lb per bin, even with two kids per bin the load was tremendous considering they had to walk up that hill and the bins barely had handles.
4. doesnt it just make more sense for kids to wash their own shit?

i guess they have streamlined their operations. with the legal expenses and low attendance, they cant afford the same cushy and superfluous extras they had circa 2004 anymore. having 120 staff doesn't make sense  when you have 15 kids on campus. i bet things are all sloooooooowwwwww on campus now, like things used to be over the breaks but worse.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2009, 03:09:10 PM »
Quote from: "tsk"
there were laundry rooms in each of the dorms, around ten washers and ten dryers. kids washed all their own clothing.

the sheets and towels were done by a maintenance staff in a separate laundry room in the maintenance shack, in bigger heavy-duty commercial machines. the staff wore gloves, aprons, and surgical masks when handling the dirty sheets.

Maybe it has to do with the sheets being interchangable where as your clothes are just worn by you so there is no cross contamination. Or maybe they need to insure the sheets are clean so they do them separately, maybe there is a state requirement that kids need clean sheets periodically and this is the only way to insure this by having them strip their beds.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
When has Buchi ever cared about state requirements? The only reason he would have changed the policy was if he was forced to, or if it somehow benefited his bottom line. When I was locked up we had washing machines all in the dorms. I'm not sure what was later refered to as "the restriction shack", but we definitely didnt have a pool. There was a tennis court that no one was ever allowed to use. Right next to it was a converted green house that had been used for restrictions until it was decided that was too comfortable, so an open air pavilion was built on the opposite side of the lack where the kids could be kept out in the elements, regardless of weather. Somehow this too was deemed more theraputic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »
when i was there, there were two buildings down at the lake.

one was a larger building (~2000sqft) which was originally a dorm, then converted to an indoor pool, then back to a regular building again because the pool was too high maintenance. that building was called the SAC (Student Activity Center) and had a tv, some game tables, some arcade machines, and a jukebox. there was a shack next to it (~300-500 sqft) closer to the tennis court which housed landscaping equipment, tennis equipment, fishing equipment, and the sheets laundry. the pavilion at the lake there was never really used for restrictions, it was used as a lounge area on weekends for the student body, and for events like a watermelon-eating contest.   the current pool was built somewhere near the lake where the SAC was, but i'm not sure whether or not and which buildings the pool replaced.

there were three other areas that were used more extensively by restrictions: lower left field, where the stream diversion was built and the kids gradually cleared the field further to the "left" of trees to make room for more field space. problem was they didnt count on the field swamping up sans the trees eleven months out of the year. There was a shack with no insulation - just a plywood box with a roof and windows along with a fireplace, that was located by lower left when taking the trail up to RCI, but making a right around the lake. further down that trail was a pavillion in the woods that was used for restrictions also; both structures were there for isolating the bad kids during grandparents day, graduation, dogwood fest, and any other events or emergencies where members of the 'public' were on campus.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »
The problem with  HLA is unlicensed persons  dispensing narcotic drugs to minors.