Author Topic: Current HLA Staff  (Read 26084 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Current HLA Staff
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:15 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Its okay, thewho, Bruce never read Jills posts and emails.  Let him believe what he wants, he is happier that way.

You don’t have to tell me, Bruce posts for an entirely different reason then the rest of us.  Fact finding is not high on his list.

There are countless times that I have been on a similar path of discovery and when the facts begin to show that they are not going to support their particular agenda then they bailout or derail the thread.  People ask why I spend time here and this is one of the reasons.  I try to cut through all the hearsay, bs and axe grinding to get to the facts and some times they are supported and many times they are not.  But I think it is important for fornits own credibility to pursue the facts as far as they lead and let the facts determine the outcome, not someone’s spin or a random anon posts out of the blue which will satisfy their need to make the program look bad.

Could someone find an instance when HLA was in noncompliance as far as the meds go?  Of course I believe it has happened.  If a nurse gets sick or gets a flat tire on the way to her job at a public school and when the bell rings at 8:15 then the school is without a nurse for awhile and they get by.  No one goes to jail or gets written up.  If a teacher gets sick and they call in a substitute teacher who is not certified do we light our torches and try to shut the school system down?

HLA showed they hired many nurses and pharmacy technicians.  When there were changes and nurses were fired they notified the parents as was evident in the correspondences from HLA to the parents.  I am not saying HLA is an ideal place but so far the evidence of medical distribution doesn’t seem to be criminal based on the facts to date.

This is a bold faced lie as pertaining to when our children were there .  We were not informed the nurse was fired.  No one would have ever known.  The letters were sent out because of all the EXPOSED mishaps with Meds, pressure from advocates and respective families  - it was no different than what transpired with the Spec. Ed. teacher.  The point of the letters was to inform people such as you, that it depended on who was writing them as to who was dispensing meds.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »
Quote from: "Guest99"
What do you want a link to? Call Kit Wallace at DHR/ORS and asked her to send you a copy of the report.
There are reports from Ridge Creek as well in which the kids told the state officials exactly what was going on.
You have been given the POCs to obtain the data; either go get it and get the facts or stop wasting our time with the same moronic question - "Link?"

Guest99,  I have been following your posts.  I understand that you were told that a nurse would be distributing the meds and instead an unlicensed person was doing the job.  As a parent I would be mad too.  I may even pull my child if I had one there.  That is why we have been having this conversation.  We have researched the laws and found that there was no license required to dispense medication, which surprised me.  You only needed a person with a GED with oversight which was not clearly defined.  Does this mean a procedure for each med written by the pharmacist?  A direct report to a licensed person? Or someone who can read labels off the medication jars?  This is where we are at.  HLA did have several nurses and a pharmacy technician at various times there.
Was HLA in violation at any one point?  Probably, that is what inspections are for.  They detect and uncover violations write them up and give the violators time to respond, resolve the issues and implement corrective action.  If the school continues to ignore the laws than they lose their license.

But so far there doesnt seem to be any evidence that any laws were broken (on the issue of dispensing drugs).
AND IF YOU DID NOT HAVE A CHILD AT HLA, HOW DID YOU COME ABOUT  YOUR FABRICATED KNOWLEDGE OF UMTEEN NURSES AND PHARMACY TECHS...
lET'S NOT FORGET THE NIGHT STAFF THAT HANDED OUT MEDS.... The ORS can write them up until the cows come home, nothing will be done until a child dies at one of Buccellato's 'camps'.  We know his colors and his spots, he will continue on this path, until he is stopped and so will the ORS.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »
Quote from: "Guest99"
I believe we all expected that in this day and age Georgia would have strict laws governing who can dispense prescription medications in Residential Child Care Facilities. What we have discovered, quite painfully and at the expense of our children, is that Georgia is backwards and does not protect the children in their state with simple, concise laws and regulations. We've also discovered that people such as Bucci will exploit every weakness to his advantage to get his greedy paws on a dollar and it will be at the expense of your child's health and well-being.

I specifically asked about the medical staff and how medications were administered/dispensed and was told HLA had a full-time nurse on staff. I was led to believe the full-time nurse was a requirement because of some Georiga law. Boy were we wrong. Unfortunately we didn't find this out until AFTER incidents starting occuring and HLA was called out on the carpet for these incidents. Ah, but disclose an issue at HLA and all of sudden you're labeled as being difficult and not working with the program. What's even more unbelievable is staff there trying to deny medications were dispensed incorrectly or that kids ran out of medications and went without them for days. We were also led to believe that HLA was a LICENSED therapeutic boarding school - the state of Georgia does not license or recognize TBS's. Imagine the shock when we called the state to inquire about licensure and found out the only rules/laws/regulations that applied to HLA could be those that applied to say a tent & awning company because HLA was only registered as a regular business AND, most important to remember, is that HLA fought licensure for years until we all stepped in and threatened legal action against the state for failing to protect these children.

The bottom-line is HLA marketed themselves as having top-notch staff who would provide excellent care and treatment for our children. There was a high expectation from my perspective that HLA would provide what was promised, but they failed miserably. Did they break any laws? I would actually say no because those laws never applied to them because they were never licensed. If anything good has come from this it is the fact that we have helped put measures in place to ensure the safety and well-being of any child who may be placed in one of Bucci's programs. It won't stop there though - that I will promise you.

I am sorry you had to go thru that 99, I was fortunate that my daughter received very good care at the program she attended.  They lived up to what they marketed.  If that was not the case and she was damaged in any way by I would be feeling the same way you do.  

I tend to agree with you that no laws were broken, although they were not honest with the parents.  There are enough people here on fornits ready to jump on them for the slightest infraction and if HLA did cross the line we would see the HLA board light up here.  Like I mentioned I wouldn’t send my child to HLA after what I have learned about it here on fornits from hearing stories from people like yourself and Jill Ryan.   I don’t think it does anyone any good to lie about what they experienced and stretch the truth in obvious desperation to discredit HLA at all costs like some posters here do (not mentioning any names).  

What goes a long way in exposing damaging programs is being consistent and truthful in each person story and experiences.  When the stories don’t match up it really throws doubt onto what to really believe, in my opinion.  Getting the word out that HLA and their leadership staff has not been honest with the parents and treatment of their children will go a long way in raising the awareness needed to dissuade other parents who may be considering placement at HLA or Ridge Creek School.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 27, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »
You bring up a good point John, it's important that in holding these places accountable honesty is always paramount. Other than the numerous ones you've told, what lies do you think were told on here concerning HLA really stand out the most to you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »
Hidden Lake Academy is a fine school made up of highly qualified personell who are there for one purpose: TO RAISE CHILDREN WHEN THE PARENTS HAVE FAILED TO DO SO. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot. Plain and Simple.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2009, 09:01:23 AM »
Quote from: "NICOLE"
Hidden Lake Academy is a fine school made up of highly qualified personell who are there for one purpose: TO RAISE CHILDREN WHEN THE PARENTS HAVE FAILED TO DO SO. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot. Plain and Simple.

Nicole, Hidden Lake Academy is no longer.  Your 'hero' has re-opened as Ridge Creek School.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
Quote from: "NICOLE"

Did you mean to say: "highly qualified personnel"? It would help if you could spell, but that's probably from that "fine" education you received at HLA.  :beat:

The "highly qualified personnel" you speak of are anything but. You can check the facts for yourself, but I guess that's just what we "idiots" do when we seek the truth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »
Can anyone give me some information on Anna Jones?  In our past (in the past thank god) we have found her to be a dispicable lier and just a front "man" to cover up what is really going on.  I am sure she is at Ridge Creek School since the name has changed only to protect the pocketbooks.  Also, what steps can be taken to stop the lies about RCS, since they are using all the HLA photos and testimonials.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »
Quote from: "infopls"
Can anyone give me some information on Anna Jones?  In our past (in the past thank god) we have found her to be a dispicable lier and just a front "man" to cover up what is really going on.  I am sure she is at Ridge Creek School since the name has changed only to protect the pocketbooks.  Also, what steps can be taken to stop the lies about RCS, since they are using all the HLA photos and testimonials.

I'm not sure where Anna Jones is these days...

Please write Mr. Keith Bostick, who runs ORS's Child Caring Institutions: https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverifi ... laint.aspx

I would also recommend calling the Secretary of State's office directly and the Attorney General's office.