Author Topic: new wwasp front group?: Teen Intervention  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
new wwasp front group?: Teen Intervention
« on: April 17, 2009, 12:27:10 AM »
new wwasp front group

This links from Micheal Carter's , Dayton Ohio, page:

Its a non profit donation organization that seemingly gives its proceeds to a for-profit agency? Isn't that ilegal? Wouldn't the IRS care?
http://www.intervene4ateen.com/ti_aboutus.php
 About Us  Parent Support Services  Educational Resources  Giving  

Company Info
Corporate Headquarters
Teen Intervention, Inc.
109 Muffin Ct. SE
Leesburg, VA 20175

Phone and Fax
703-779-4748 (voice)
571-223-1971 (fax)

Email
[email protected]

Approved 501(c)3
Non-Profit Corporation
Federal Tax ID: 74-3172498
Contact Us
When Time is Running Out…
National Statistics are staggering! In the next 30 days alone more than…

•  3,250,146 teens will use drugs

•  43,170 teens will attempt suicide

•  105,180 teens will run away

•  8,298 teens will drop out of high school

•  20% of all 7th grade students in America have experimented with Huffing, resulting in deadly consequences.

•  10% of all 8th grade students have played or witnessed the “choking game”.

•  An estimated 3.3 million children between 12 and 17 year of age will start drinking alcohol each year.

•  18% of teenagers between 13 and 15 in the U.S. smoke cigarettes compared to the worldwide average of 14%. Only 56% say they want to quit!

•  20% of 8th graders have tried marijuana. 49% of 12th graders have. This is the proven gateway drug.

Funds Raising Support for Residential Treatment Program Teens
Residential Treatment Programs are most successful when the entire family can participate in all aspects of the program. Most importantly, a teen needs to graduate the program. Many families face the hard decision of pulling their kid before they are “fully baked” and the results can be less than desirable. We offer Fund Raising opportunities for parents and support groups of all kinds who what to help keep a teen in their program to the end. The kits we provide take the guess work out of creating a successful fundraiser. By participating in a Teen Intervention Fund Raiser, you can directly help a teen and indirectly help thousands of other teens who are at risk now, or could become at-risk without intervention.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Re: new wwasp front group?: Teen Intervention
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »
As Mr Carter is working so hard to recruit for his cult, maybe the IRS should look into how much success he has had and whether or not he reported his kickback income.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/ ... 78,00.html

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »
Did you know that %90 of these statistics are literally pulled out of Dianne's ass?

this shit had me ROLLING!!! the "choking game"? Is that REALLY an excuse now to put your child under an intervention? What will they come up with next?
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Did you know that %90 of these statistics are literally pulled out of Dianne's ass?

this shit had me ROLLING!!! the "choking game"? Is that REALLY an excuse now to put your child under an intervention? What will they come up with next?

Why is it so many people here get so threatened whenever statistics or facts are brought up for discussion?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"

Why is it so many people here get so threatened whenever statistics or facts are brought up for discussion?
Because they almost never come from an independent source.  Programs say 97% of our students graduate bla bla, and we're supposed to trust them on that?  Statistics are bullshit without hard data to back them up along with independent verification of that data and it's methods of collection etc, etc...  Similarly, why are we supposed to believe anything else they say?  It's in their interest to scare up customers.  What is keeping them from exaggerating the dangers of growing up?  Where are their sources?  This sort of thing isn't marketed towards parents with troubled kids.  It's marketed towards parents so they'll see their kids as troubled.  Big difference.

I can show you statistics to show that 97% of the benchmark students I can remember by name from when I was there did *not* graduate.  Still... I don't expect anybody to just take my word on that.  It's based off my memory of student's names, my memory of what happened to them, and there is no independent verification other than that which you trust I have done.  That's just common sense.  I state how I know what I know or why I believe what I believe.

On the other hand, programs make rediculous statements of fact in regard to statistics which they know full well to be false or misleading, and they do so with the express intent of luring parents into making decisions which in reality might not be the best.  You want proof?  go call up teen help with a fictional kid... make up some real rediculous issue (like "my kid says he's gay") and see if they refuse him.  Do it a bunch of times and report back with a statistic of precisely how many kids they reject...  because when it comes down to it, programs don't really care whether a kid has a problem or not, but whether or not they can make money off easy, desperate, marks.  It's a con game.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Hi guys,
first of, hellop my favorite fornitsters, fem, buzz, and fem. thank you for all you do. I have to correct you on one thing though, I don't think Diane runs this org. I just think they link here from there page. I don't know what there involvement in it is

And psy is right. These figures are made up

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 07:10:12 PM »
let's pull apart this example on the "choking game" for instance.  I'm picking this as it's less controversial than some others.  Teen help appears to source their research from this paper.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5706a1.htm

From the paper:

Following are two examples of cases of choking-game deaths.

Case 1. In February 2006, an adolescent boy aged 13 years came home from school in a good mood and had dinner with his family. He then went to his bedroom to do his homework. Approximately 1 hour later, his mother went to check on him and discovered him slumped in a corner with a belt around his neck. His face was blue. The mother began cardiopulmonary resuscitation while one of the other children called an ambulance. The boy died at a local hospital 1 hour later. No suicide note was found. The county medical examiner ruled that the death resulted from accidental asphyxiation by hanging. In the weeks following his death, multiple teens told the director of a local counseling agency that the choking game had been played at local parties.

Could be a result of the choking game... could not be.  Maybe the kid watched a movie that had choking in it.  Must be the movie's fault as well.  Maybe it was grand theft auto!

Case 2. In April 2005, an adolescent girl aged 13 years was found dead, hanging from a belt and shoelace made into a noose on the door of her bedroom closet, after her brother went to her room to see why she had not come down for breakfast. No suicide note was found. The medical examiner determined that the teen had died at 9:30 p.m. the previous night. After the teen's death, the family learned that the girl had confided in a cousin that she recently had played the choking game in the locker room at school and that a group of girls at her school had been suspended for playing the choking game.

When somebody hangs themselves from a door with a noose, they're not playing the choking game.  They're trying to die.  Nobody is that stupid and if they are, they're doing humanity a favor by removing themselves from the gene pool.  Darwin in action, kids.

All this is besides the point.... This is the best example the CDC can come up with for the dangers of the "choking game"  :-  ?!?!?!  Some new fangled danger to our children and they can only find two piss poor examples to put in their report??!!?

God bless the government!

Also keep in mind that the report relies almost entierly on either instances of "chokign game" in an automated search or instances of choking deaths reported by the media.  No bias there i'm sure, as the media has no interest whatsoever in sellign scare-du-jour for ratings.

And yet Teen Help tries to make it seem like "the choking game" is some new fad, that all the kids are doing it, and that if your kid does it, he just might DIE (so send him to us so we can make sure that won't happen!)

Please for the love of jefferson tell me that you people aren't that stupid.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »
Also keep in mind that the above report cites this report for it's survey (see page 28) which in itself cites a website.

Warning Signs for the “Choking Game”

Common names for this game – Blackout, Fainting Game, Space Monkey, Dream Game,
Suffocation Roulette, Pass-Out Game, Flat Liner, California Choke, Space Cowboy, Airplaning,
Purple Dragon, and many more

Suspicious mark on side of the neck sometimes hidden by wearing turtlenecks, scarves and  
       up-turned collars
 Changes in personality, such as overly aggressive or agitated
 Any straps, rope, or belt lying around without any reason
 Headaches
 Loss of concentration
 A flushed face
 Bloodshot eyes
 A thud in the bedroom or against a wall
 Any questions about the effects or dangers of strangulation

(Source: Choking Game Education, www.deadlygameschildrenplay.com)

NO... I did not make that shit up (but they probably did!)

That domain is registered by a Domains by Proxy, which means whoever owns it doesn't want anybody to know...

But guess what it tries to lure people into:
http://deadlygameschildrenplay.com/en/involved.html

DARE.

Yes... it appears to have some association with that particular one of Betty Sembler's pet projects.

Oh yes... and no suprise, they try to sell you shit too:

http://www.deadlygameschildrenplay.com/ ... tions.html

No profiting off nonexistent problems to create fear to drive an industry here...  nope.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »
AND they even advertise for programs:
http://www.deadlygameschildrenplay.com/ ... groups.asp

Mountain Youth Homes Ranch... a program Dr.* Phil recommends!

* (not actually a doctor)

Good golly!  So if your kid has any of the above symptoms (headache, strange noises in bathroom, suspicious marks on neck or scarves) it must be choking... so send him to a fucking program pronto!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
AND they even advertise for programs:
http://www.deadlygameschildrenplay.com/ ... groups.asp

Mountain Youth Homes Ranch... a program Dr.* Phil recommends!

* (not actually a doctor)

Good golly!  So if your kid has any of the above symptoms (headache, strange noises in bathroom, suspicious marks on neck or scarves) it must be choking... so send him to a fucking program pronto!

If you read one the "a-z" of teen drug use. Two "drug addiction" characterisitics that stood out for me were "quirky behavior" and "xenophobia"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:50:32 AM »
What ever the Stats, I think that increase in number of these issues resulted only due to non-effective parenting method. Parents now a days have more option than of before. There are home based intervention program like The Total Transformation or Home Intervention System that will help you deal with a wide range of problems that children often encounter including; anger, substance abuse, school issues, self-esteem, arguing, motivation, interacting with family, and more. Effectively applying these methods definitely brings positive behavior modification in a trouble teen.
Source: http://http://homeinterventionsystem.com

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: HOME INTERVENTION SYSTEM
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »
Quote from: "Aterita"
What ever the Stats, I think that increase in number of these issues resulted only due to non-effective parenting method. Parents now a days have more option than of before. There are home based intervention program like The Total Transformation or Home Intervention System that will help you deal with a wide range of problems that children often encounter including; anger, substance abuse, school issues, self-esteem, arguing, motivation, interacting with family, and more. Effectively applying these methods definitely brings positive behavior modification in a trouble teen.
Source: http://http://homeinterventionsystem.com

This spammer must have honed in on the word "intervention" in the thread title; however, I'm not so sure that this is run by WASP folk.

There would appear to be a number of these "home-based programs," all of which have a collection of CDs that you purchase, along with a time-limited access period to a "coach" as per your contract. I think most of the "coach" access is via email, though there is probably an option for phone access along with a higher-priced purchase plan.

The Total Transformation is run by an old Daytop grad from the NYC metro area who is now in Maine, and is separate from the Home Intervention System, as far as I can tell... (very similar setup and philosophy).

According to Network Solutions, the above linked website for Home Invention System is registered to a Utah address:

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about HOMEINTERVENTIONSYSTEM.COM
    <a href="http://www.aboutus.org/HOMEINTERVENTIONSYSTEM.COM">AboutUs:
    HOMEINTERVENTIONSYSTEM.COM</a>

Registration Service Provided By: Netscraper WebServices
       +1.4356356801
       Fax:
       50 South State Street
       La Verkin, UT 84745
       US

Technical Contact:
       Netscraper WebServices
       Netscraper WebServices ([email protected])
       +1.4356356801
       Fax:
       50 South State Street
       La Verkin, UT 84745
       US

Registrant Contact:
       Netscraper WebServices
       Netscraper WebServices ()

Fax:
       50 South State Street
       La Verkin, UT 84745
       US