Author Topic: BANKRUPTCY UP-DATE  (Read 7886 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: BANKRUPTCY UP-DATE
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 04:15:29 PM »
Quote from: "Guest99"
Here is the list of creditors from HLA's bankruptcy filing. Notice how the amount owed to Thorton Morris just happens to total $400K, which is the amount of the settlement? So Bucci signed over his house and some of his acreage to Thorton Morris only to declare bankruptcy. Nice way to stick all of your creditors with the settlement costs Bucci personally guaranteed to pay. I bet he's thinking he can transfer the property back to himself for $1 after the bankruptcy goes through... I will write and call whomever necessary to prevent him from absolving himself of responsibility.

I didnt read where Bucci was filing for bankruptcy, just HLA, I dont think any of this could affect Bucci personally.  Technically he is only an employee of the corporation(s) (like the guy that cuts the grass) and he is protected in his non profit entity, so he still continues to draw a pay check for managing the businesses.  So the worst thing that could happen is he may have to miss a bonus or two but his personal wealth will not be affected.
As long as HLA has assets then they can be exposed for potential dissolution to pay off any debt.  If they can somehow dissolve HLA and transfer the remaining physical assets over to the new company then they will enjoy some protection from the courts and be able to move forward.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 02:10:31 AM »
Quote from: "Ripped off"
In 1997 I enrolled my child in HLA.  For 1.5 years it was a nightmare dealing with HLA & the insurance company.  I paid 10's of thousands of dollars to HLA.  When my child graduated, I stopped payments because I learned (only then) the councilors were not certified.  HLA came after me legally; I obtained an attorney (a very poor one) and lost my case.  HLA placed a lean on my house.  In 2008 they drained my bank accounts and are now forcing me to sell my house to satisfy my debt to them.
I am flat broke and could use some help from someone.

let me get this straight......
You entrusted the care of your child to an institution that you failed to research thoroughly enough to know that your kid would not be receiving proper care. You only find out, because you were too ignorant, about this AFTER he graduates. you let your kid sit in a school for 18+ months and only after the fact you decide to pry enough to find out the truth? then you stop payments without any legal qualification to do so, against an institution with much deeper pockets than yours, and then come to fornits to complain about how they fucked you?

and also, you never said you had to pay penalties of damages. If you were able to afford HLA in the first place, you would not be in this financial position at all. You would not be in "debt" if you had the money to pay for the school in the first place.

sorry. you fucked yourself. no wonder the judge ruled against you. ever heard of "buyer beware"? When i was looking for a new HDTV, i spent countless hours researching the ins and outs of various product lines and reading up on reviews over the course of a month. That was for a $1500 purchase. Same applies to anything i buy. I dont just walk into any random store and pick up the first piece of junk that pleases my eye then believe the salesman when he says it's a good product... that would be idiotic. except you didnt do it with a TV. you did it with a living, breathing, feeling, human being.  

it also sounds to me like you were absolutely desperate to have your kid warehoused and off your hands. If you really wanted to help him, you would have researched your options better. you sent your kid to a school that was barely open for three years, had no reputation, without even researching it, and took a loan out (right?) to pay for it on top of everything. Sounds like a classic case of "i want what i want when i want it and i want it NOW!" syndrome. You were happy with HLA while your kid was there, you were living in la-la land ignoring the fact that your kid was being abused, ignoring the lack of credentials, failing to look into anything, and thinking life will be just honky-dory forever because your kid was not around to annoy you. then he graduates, and you're faced with the fact that life aint so honky-dory afterall. you dug yourself your own grave.

just to be clear, i'm as anti-program as the rest of you. i'm an ex HLA student. it's just that people like you piss me the fuck off. you fucked yourself and your kid just because you made a hasty and selfish decision. You are not innocent. this is karma, bitch. I just hope your financial situation hasnt dragged your kid down with you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
In 1997 I enrolled my child in HLA.  For 1.5 years it was a nightmare dealing with HLA & the insurance company.  I paid 10's of thousands of dollars to HLA.  When my child graduated, I stopped payments because I learned (only then) the councilors were not certified.  HLA came after me legally; I obtained an attorney (a very poor one) and lost my case.  HLA placed a lean on my house.  In 2008 they drained my bank accounts and are now forcing me to sell my house to satisfy my debt to them.

how utterly pathetic.

When your kid comes to fornits and testifies that either you deserve to be helped, or that you have dragged him down with you and HE needs help because of you, then i might start to consider thinking about just considering to help you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:29 AM »

I bet your kid came back, started acting out, and you got upset because they ripped you off. they didnt fix him. You stopped paying same way you would have if you took your car to a repair shop, got it back still broken, and later find out the repair shop isnt properly licensed and use that to prove you dont have to pay them.

i've got news for you:
Hidden Lake is not a repair shop and your kid is not a defective piece of mechanical equipment.

what you are, though, is a piece of shit parent who treats her kids like objects. you are the reason schools like hidden lake exist. You are their target market. you are obviously by no means reformed or remorseful, you're pissed about the money, not how they treated your kid. Worst part about it is that your present financial state proves how truly shallow and demented you are. You're the reason the economy tanked - you bit off more than you can chew because everyone else was eating and you wanted a piece of the pie.

Thankfully, i bet some of that money drained out of your bank account will be used to pay for the settlement, a portion of which will appear in my mailbox in the near future. And no, you wont be getting any of it. I'll send you pictures of me wasting it on stupid shit if you want though.

Offline Ripped off

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 10:04:17 AM »
I'll be polite here.  These responses (pg49 & Guest) are incredibly rude and baseless.  Yes, I did research HLA.  No I didn't "drag my child down with me".  My child was enrolled in HLA on the advice of education counselor, after other solutions didn't work out.  When you have a child who is acting out and failing school, a good parent will do what ever they have too to help them succeed, and now my child is well on their way to do just that.   It appears your parents did the same, but maybe you need some retraining.  I have always been there for my child and still am.  I’ve gone above and beyond what most parents have done for their children.  My child has matured and is leading a good life, better than you I suspect.  My beef was the way HLA handled the insurance company, by lying to them, and then having the insurance company tell me about the non qualified counselors.  My biggest mistake was the poor attorney I selected.  My financial state was not totally caused by HLA; however the added stress by their actions isn’t making life any easier.  
To pg49 & Guest, I suggest you mature a lot more before you make senseless and rather stupid comments.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 11:25:03 AM »
I'll be polite here.  These responses (pg49 & Guest) are incredibly rude and baseless.  Yes, I did research the repair shop.  No I didn't "drag my car down with me".  I put my car in the repair shop on the advice of my salesman, after other repair shops couldnt figure out the problem.  When you have a car that is swerving randomly in and out the lanes, a good driver will do what ever they have too to fix it, and now my car is well .   It appears your car had the same treatment, but maybe you need to send it back to the repair shop for another stint.  I have always been there for my car and still am.  I’ve gone above and beyond what most drivers have done for their cars.  My car has matured and is leading a good life, better than yours I suspect.  My beef was the way the repair shop handled the insurance company, by lying to them, and then having the insurance company tell me about their lack of certification.  My biggest mistake was the poor attorney I selected.  My financial state was not totally caused by repair shop; however the added stress by their actions isn’t making life any easier.  
To pg49 & Guest, I'm a better driver than you, even though I drove my car around like a maniac in the late 90's.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »
I'll be polite here.  These responses (pg49 & Guest) are incredibly rude and baseless.  Yes, I did research HLA.  No I didn't "drag my child down with me".  My child was enrolled in HLA on the advice of education counselor, after other solutions didn't work out.  When you have a child who is acting out and failing school, a good parent will do what ever they have too to help them succeed, and now my child is well on their way to do just that.   It appears your parents did the same, but maybe you need some retraining.  I have always been there for my child and still am.  I’ve gone above and beyond what most parents have done for their children.  My child has matured and is leading a good life, better than you I suspect.  My beef was the way HLA handled the insurance company, by lying to them, and then having the insurance company tell me about the non qualified counselors.  My biggest mistake was the poor attorney I selected.  My financial state was not totally caused by HLA; however the added stress by their actions isn’t making life any easier.  
To pg49 & Guest, I suggest you mature a lot more before you make senseless and rather stupid comments.

Obviously, you didnt research HLA well enough. Obviously, you made a poor and hasty choice. Obviously, you listened to a salesman without getting advice from an unbiased third party. Obviously, you allowed your kid to be abused in a corrupt institution. Obviously, you were desperate and selfish, wanting what you want when you wanted it. Obviously, you sucked at being a parent to begin with, and HLA didnt change anything. Obviously, you're poor choices (of school, then attorney, as a parent) prove that you just want the easy way out of things and have little forethought. You were swindled not because you you're a poor random victim and it could happen to anyone; you were swindled because you made yourself a target. You have not been there for your child, and you have not gone above and beyond, based on the simple fact that you chose to send your kid to HLA and kept him there ignorantly the length of the program. also, for some reason, the line "My beef was the way HLA handled the insurance company, by lying to them, and then having the insurance company tell me about the non qualified counselors." just doesnt make any logical sense to me. So they lied to the insurance company....and the company (AND YOU!) failed to investigate HLA's claims until it was too late? that doesnt sound like something an insurance company would do...companies are pretty on point about making sure their claims are legit from the beginning.

I will repeat once more: you dug your own grave. You're a piece of shit parent that did not think through their actions thoroughly enough in the desperate attempt to save your child that you fucked up to begin with. If you were a good parent, you would not have had to send your kid away, and you would not be in this situation.

and by the way, i'm doing just fine. Just because i use bad language and grammar when i'm angry at imbeciles on a web forum doesnt mean i need to be "retrained". I attended HLA around the time your son did, I now work in one of the top 10 law firms in the country. with my salary combined with my investments, i could pay all of your debts off ten times over and still have enough to buy a mansion for every member of my family. I could also take on your case and probably win it, i specialize in tort, but i have no desire to do so because it's your own damn fault. I have two toddlers, and they are doing just fine. And i will never, ever send them away anywhere unless they start smoking crack (which they never will, because i know the right way to prevent that, and it's not total abstinence and imposed stigma on all drugs..), and without investigating the living shit out of wherever they are going. If my kid is acting out and failing school, i'll know how to deal with it without shelling out a hundred thousand odd dollars to some rednecks in north georgia, or anyone anywhere for that matter. It's not a tough problem, as long as you dont shoulder all the responsibility on your kid and change the way YOU, as a parent behave, treat and support your kid. I will never have a need for a kiddie-repair warehouse because i am educated and responsible enough to know how to raise a kid on my own, and deal with their problems as they come along.

It's not the troubled teen industry. it's the troubled parent industry. the troubled parent industry makes their money by convincing troubled parents that it's all the kid's problem, the kid's fault. I'm not trying to say the kid is not responsible for his own actions, they are, but the actions come around as a direct result of bad parenting. In my opinion, if thats not the case....then we might as well get rid of the laws regarding minors and the age of consent, and allow anyone at any age to vote, sign contracts, etc. You are/were responsible for your kid's actions until they turn 18, practically and legally.  the sooner you get that through your head, the better.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
Yeah, except that HLA says all counselors are licensed, as almost every one of these facilities advertises.

Whooter, you spent the better part of FOUR YEARS arguing here that program staff (counselors) were licensed at ASR.  Aspen admitted you were lying.  Now you act as if you were never saying this.  Flip-flop, flip-flop, defelct, dissemble, outright lie.  That's your MO, buddy.  Nobody believes anything you say anymore because you've contradicted everything yo uever claimed to be true.  Sorry, but EPIC fail on this one, too.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Yeah, except that HLA says all counselors are licensed, as almost every one of these facilities advertises.

Whooter, you spent the better part of FOUR YEARS arguing here that program staff (counselors) were licensed at ASR.  Aspen admitted you were lying.  Now you act as if you were never saying this.  Flip-flop, flip-flop, defelct, dissemble, outright lie.  That's your MO, buddy.  Nobody believes anything you say anymore because you've contradicted everything yo uever claimed to be true.  Sorry, but EPIC fail on this one, too.

no, epic fail for you, paranoid jackass.

I'm not the who, neither is "ripped off", pg49, or the other guests, you would notice if you actually had any reading comprehension skills, and what you say has no bearing on the current conversation. If you havnt noticed yet, no one here is pro-program. were just anti-idiot.  The issue is not weather or not counselors are licensed, nor does this have anything to do with aspen or swift river. The issue is with the parent's lack of forethought and research regarding their kid's placement.

instead of just reading what rippedoff said and taking it at face value, read between the lines. think about what kind of people would say what in certain situations. You'll quickly realize this parent is not remorseful for anything HLA did to her kid; if you havnt noticed she still supports HLA and claims it helped her son. She's not here because she hates the school for what they are, she's here because she hates the school for lying to her about a technicality which resulted in her being responsible for all the expenses out of pocket. If the insurance wasnt going to pay for the tuition, she would not have sent her kid there in the first place....BUT, she failed to look into the issue enough to know that they wouldn't pay, and dragged her feet for a year and a half. The information regarding certifications and licenses is available online (even in 97') and through other public channels. All she had to do was make a five minute phone call to the right organization or agency and she would have known the HLA counselors wernt licensed and the insurance wouldn't pay; like an idiot she just had blind faith in the salesmen because they gave her so much relief, reassurance, and immediate gratification.

Oh, and by the way - rippedoff - you said you were referred by an educational consultant. lets do some quick thinking. How do you think ed cons make money? Do you really think, given the way ed cons make their money, even if they are not any school's payroll, that they would give you an honest assessment and referral? think about it. All they want is to get you in and out of that office and get that check as quickly as possible. Also, given their line of work, do you really honestly believe they only get their money from parents? who do you think they are more worried about keeping a good relationship with, the schools or the parents? given this, what makes you think consulting an edcon would be a good choice to figure out where to put your kid? what makes you think they wont lie to you? I think that despite your age you dont have shit for experience in life, you are a perpetual victim. you will continue to get ripped off the rest of your life, with anything you do, as long as you keep taking things at face value and not looking deeper into things and reading between the lines.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 01:56:15 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Oh, and by the way - rippedoff - you said you were referred by an educational consultant. lets do some quick thinking. How do you think ed cons make money? Do you really think, given the way ed cons make their money, even if they are not any school's payroll, that they would give you an honest assessment and referral? think about it. All they want is to get you in and out of that office and get that check as quickly as possible. Also, given their line of work, do you really honestly believe they only get their money from parents? who do you think they are more worried about keeping a good relationship with, the schools or the parents? given this, what makes you think consulting an edcon would be a good choice to figure out where to put your kid? what makes you think they wont lie to you? I think that despite your age you dont have shit for experience in life, you are a perpetual victim. you will continue to get ripped off the rest of your life, with anything you do, as long as you keep taking things at face value and not looking deeper into things and reading between the lines.

Ripped off: read the berger&montague's legal complaint, the part regarding Leslie Goldberg. Leslie was one of the most well-known educational consultants in the country up until a few years ago. She was THE benchmark all other consultants were judged against. If you CCed her in an email application to a college administrator, you were pretty much guaranteed to get in. If she said you're getting in, youre getting in. Bucci understood this, and utilized her. She did alot of business with HLA. why did she do business with HLA? because Bucci paid for all of her travel expenses - if she needed to be in atlanta for any reason, even if she was not there because of HLA, bucci would pay for everything. He also paid for a few of her vacations, even one to hawaii. The school rubs the ed-con's back and the ed-con rubs the school's back in return, thats the way the business works. ever since that complaint was published, she's become a nothing, a pariah of the academic world. she lost half her business and her entire reputation, as did the rest of the ed con industry. If the educational consultant was simply a counselor employed by your sons previous school, than that's even worse. The school counselors do not have the best interest of the kid or parent in mind; they have the best interest of the school in mind. If your kid was a problem for that school, they would do anything to sell you off to another school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
I have two toddlers, and they are doing just fine. And i will never, ever send them away anywhere unless they start smoking crack (which they never will, because i know the right way to prevent that, and it's not total abstinence and imposed stigma on all drugs..), and without investigating the living shit out of wherever they are going. If my kid is acting out and failing school, i'll know how to deal with it without shelling out a hundred thousand odd dollars to some rednecks in north georgia, or anyone anywhere for that matter. It's not a tough problem, as long as you dont shoulder all the responsibility on your kid and change the way YOU, as a parent behave, treat and support your kid. I will never have a need for a kiddie-repair warehouse because i am educated and responsible enough to know how to raise a kid on my own, and deal with their problems as they come along.

Guest: I can't wait until your naive fairytale world comes crashing down on you. And based on your pompous and oh-so foolish attitude your kids will be  prime candidates for Bucci in a few years.

You think you're the perfect "Teflon" parent? You're fucked and so are your kids. I wish them well with a fuckstick like you as a parent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 10:50:14 PM »
I think everyone is coming down a little hard on rippedoff. If the story is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, she was ripped off, just like hundreds of other parents have been by Bucchi and his crew. Parents often come to these schools in an emotional turmoil, desperate to try anything. They see an attractive webpage presentation promising miracles, they talk to admissions people who lie through their teeth, they tour the facility and don't realize how choreographed everything is, and hear more lies and bullshit from staff and kids who are programmed to hue the company line and know what will happen to them if they don't. At this point, a parent will believe just about anything that holds hope for turning around a recalcitrant kid. Sure, they should do research, but when an ed con, who is supposed to be knowledgeable and ethical, recommends a school, and everybody at the school seems likable and believeable, what are they supposed to do? This decision is driven by emotion, not logic. How 'bout a little empathy, folks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »
Quote from: "Another guest"
I think everyone is coming down a little hard on rippedoff. If the story is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, she was ripped off, just like hundreds of other parents have been by Bucchi and his crew. Parents often come to these schools in an emotional turmoil, desperate to try anything. They see an attractive webpage presentation promising miracles, they talk to admissions people who lie through their teeth, they tour the facility and don't realize how choreographed everything is, and hear more lies and bullshit from staff and kids who are programmed to hue the company line and know what will happen to them if they don't. At this point, a parent will believe just about anything that holds hope for turning around a recalcitrant kid. Sure, they should do research, but when an ed con, who is supposed to be knowledgeable and ethical, recommends a school, and everybody at the school seems likable and believeable, what are they supposed to do? This decision is driven by emotion, not logic. How 'bout a little empathy, folks.

So many of us were in Rippedoff's shoes so we can sympathize and empathize. I hope those coming down so hard on Rippedoff NEVER have to go what we went through, but when you stand in judgement of other people without walking in their shoes just remember the old saying, "What goes around, comes around."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »
Operating reports have been filed for July and August now...so it appears the little 'push' from the US Trustees office worked.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »
Comes now the Georgia Department of Revenue by and through counsel Attorney General Thurbert Baker  has filed a motion to dismiss Chapter 11 or convert to Chapter 7 citing  that the Debtor is  "completely ignoring the responsibilities imposed by the Georgia Revenue Code".  Is someone waking up?  So now there are two entities(U.S. Trustee Office) that have filed to dismiss or convert.

This is really thoughtful of Georgia.   Buccellato owes them money.  They wouldn't shut him down to protect the children, but now here they come, all screaming about
the way he conducts his finances..."He's operating all the other schools on the property" and they all want "accountability  'NOW' ???   From Buccellato?