Author Topic: curious  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »
I'm waiting to hear from you...........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »
Aaall-right:
I'm still waiting.
you still chicken?
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »
Listen Racheal, when you were in AARC i saw hope in your eyes. Maybe not to be sober but definitley for a new life. You were sad and you needed help.You cant deny that you saw peoples lives change. i know you saw my life become meaningful and you were proud. How can you say this is PROPAGANDA??? You know that this place has worked in so many peoples lives. You cant deny it Racheal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »
Wow sounds like someone is trying to have a rap here and picking a target. I guess you think that if you tell her enough times that she is wrong and aarc is right then she'll believe it? Or are you trying to convince yourself? You don't seem to be argueing whether or not she blonged there or confessing and "making amends" that it was wrong to lock someone up who was never addicted. You say that she was "sad"? Who wouldn't be sad when locked up against their will for no legitimate reason? I don't understand what you get out of trying to tell a non addicted person that they shouldn't tell their story about being wrongly held hostage by a rehab!

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »
Well here we go again. If "Racheal" would like this post removed please PM me or post here. I can also provide the necessary information for you and the contact you'll need in order to trace this post. If the post was made by a staff member you can hold them responsible for it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
curious
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »
On 2003-06-19 16:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wow sounds like someone is trying to have a rap here and picking a target. I guess you think that if you tell her enough times that she is wrong and aarc is right then she'll believe it?

It's sort of funny, isn't it? I mean, it's a little sad too. But also funny in a vindictive sort of way.

See, when you're involved in a cult, emotionally and psychologically, you really do believe that the philosophy and world view make sense. The trouble with trying to make it true for people outside the cult is that we can do things like walk away, seek out opposing views, take a moment to think about it or just decide to think about it later without either accepting or rejecting the idea. When you're inside, these options are not available.

Yeah, the Program changes people. I don't think anyone ever walked away from an intake, no matter the outcome, without having some bit of their world view and/or self concept altered somewhat. The question remains, though, whether or not we were all changed for the better. If you've been brow beaten into accepting the Program view that we were all worthless, pitiful creatures before the hour of intake, then it would seem reasonable that we were all changed for the better. But if you have the time and freedom to examine that premis, it just don't hold water, friend.

WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION  
-- Ethiopian Proverb

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »
WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION. That is what AARC is doing with ADDICTION

I was admitted to AARC in the year 2000. That is as specific as I will get. I was admitted against my will just as our friend who ran away after 5 months. Unlike her, I finished the program and have a completely different view of the program because my eyes have been opened wider than hers. I also was present as AARC while she was undergoing her treatment if anyone would like an outside view of what she was like inside. The staff were a bit skeptical of whether she was truly an Alcoholic/Drug addict or not - which is not a regular occurence, (AARC is almost always sure that people are addicted before they are admitted. If they aren't sure, some people are kept for a longer assessment to determine the severity of the addiction over a longer period of time). She was given opportunity after opportunity to be honest as to the extent of her drug use and more importantly the way she felt during those times and was not pushed one way or the other. People simply stated what their stories were and related them to hers. But before AARC could truly assess her condition, she decided to run away. They never heard from her again and apparently she is loving Ontario. Back to me for the statistics. I was in AARC for 13 months before I completed the program. The sad part is that I only used drugs for less than a year and it took more than that to rehabilitate me. At the beginning of my treatment, I did not like the people at AARC nor did I agree with the program. This was not because it was ineffective or abusive but because I was the target and the spotlight was on my life and me which I was very ashamed of. I was ashamed of the things I did to others and to myself because of my addiction. I was such a hurting individual and contemplated killing myself daily but was too scared to carry it out. AARC was not in the wrong. I was angry because for the first time in my life I was forced to look at myself because I was left with nobody else to blame, not even my parents because I wasn't allowed to see them. That was also rightly so because I treated them like absolute crap. However I would have denied that fact when I entered treatment because I was blind and in the denial that only an addict can have. As I moved through the program and looked at myself, I started to feel that freedom. Today I am over 3 years sober because of the kickstart AARC gave me into sobriety. Before I came in to AARC one of my siblings had been in there so I knew what was coming to me if I used a lot of drugs but I couldn't stop because I was horribly addicted. I returned home after 8 months (pretty long by AARC standards) and from there I went hard and cruised through the rest of the program. I love AARC, I love the people, and I am no longer sick like some of the people who are in this forum. You see, sick people cannot see the bigger picture, they can only see the sickness. I have been in both spots, the darkness and the light. I like the light. So many people critisize AARC but it is not to be critisized. Miracles happen there every day. Lives are saved. It's like the Bible, you either believe or you don't and it is hard to switch sides. AARC's program works for the people who use it. For some who don't use it, they tend to fall into their sicknees and start hate forums and things like that. All I know is that I sometimes start to cry when I think about how I used to feel every day and how I feel now. This was partly because of hard work but AARC lead me to this place. I have a job and I am going to College. I have a great relationship with my parents and an AWSOME, BEAUTIFUL girlfriend. I never thought I would have these things because I used to have NOTHING. I used to hate myself. I hope you can all feel the way I do today someday because it is truly the meaning of freedom.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »
A five month long assesment to see if she was addicted or not? Does that sound a little strange to you? Putting someone in the developemental stage of the teen years through regressive therapy (over usage of regressive therapy) for five months straight IS to be critisized.

Please just try to step outside of yourself and read your post through the eyes of someone outside of AARC. You're saying that AARC is like the bible and AARC is light and everything outside of it is sick and dark. You also say that life was so dar before aarc and you were so horribly addicted but it was only one year out of your life. I think it's a little early to decide whether or not your addicted when you'd only been drinking or using drugs for one year. Especially considering you are a youth and your life will take many turns from here on. I hate to brake it to you but depression is a normal part of puberty, and unfortunately in this day and age drugs are available for teens to use. Just because you struggled with depression and didn't handle it well as a youth doesn't determine that you'll be on a downward spiral for the rest of your life. It's not a "miracle" for a teenager to change their mood in the course of a couple of years.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
curious
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »
Still nobody has contacted me.  -- see earlier posts, this thread.
uote of the Year