Author Topic: THE FAMILY FOUNDATION SCHOOL IN HANCOCK .!!Please Read!!!  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
THE FAMILY FOUNDATION SCHOOL IN HANCOCK .!!Please Read!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »
On 2005-07-21 20:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No problem Anti - it is just the law that protects kids rights to an education as long as needed or until 22 if they are living with a disability....  I wanted you to understand, I was actually shocked you didn't.

`a"

My god! In this context, that's just morbid! I remember the very hour when Straight announced the formation of the 7th Step society (their aftercare program) It was extremely difficult to maintain that blithe, mindless grin. I just wanted to scream. And I remember when I got word that my mom was selling the house and moving to Sarasota to be closer to the "program". I don't know what in the world I would have done if some altruistic idiot had stepped in to "protect" my "right" to "education" for another couple of years. I probably would have seriously hurt someone in a bid to escape into the prison system.

I turned to speak to God, About the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there.
--Robert Frost, American poet

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
Its FuriousGeorge again

Bullshit, they're children! They're not masters of anything yet.

HA.  You'd be surprised what 17 year olds have accomplished.

If you think that kids arent capable of manipulating their parents you are entirely incorrect.  Either your kids are angels, or you have just never spoken with a troubled teen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
On 2005-07-22 04:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I didnt want anything military or anything too religious for my blood, and I was pleased to see some things. The kids make their own food and do their own luandry, most of them for the first time in their lives. When they say jump, the kids respond "How High".

For you to think that the Family School is not too religious, proves just how ignorant and unobservant you are.  

Like the guy who posted after you said its based on 12 steps.  If the kids are talking about Jesus its because they chose to.  That rock you said they would be dragging up the hill, that can be their higher power if they want it to be.  Mass is Catholic one day, and its a Jewish synagogue the next.

I would entertain an argument that 12 step programs dont fix adults, but with kids they have been shown to significantly lower recidivism rates AND THATS REAL.

BTW, what other school does longitudinal studies about the welfare of their children after graduation.  Do some real research and get back to me.

And maybe we do live in a world taken over by brattism.  But you don't think there's any other solution that may not involve handing over thousands to some private prison.  But the brat in a soup kitchen.  Make them do charity work.  Tons of opportunities, just that these parents are too lazy to do the real work.

you made my point with the last sentence.  only its not cuz their lazy all the time, tis cuz their scared of their manipulating brat who plays on their fears and emotions.

And believe me, the students that are hand picked to lead the visitor's tours are the chosen ones, the ones who rat out everyone else for brownie points.  

Uh huh, that explains why the second kid on my tour was made to carry around a plaque to remind himself why hes there.  He was only there for 6 months.  Do i realize that they arent aloud to blast the school?  Yes.  Should a kid who hits his parents have any say opinion on the matter?  No.

AND BTW, we got their two hours early and they accomodated us, thats how choreographed it is.  We were allowed to go into any building we wanted, talk to any student we wanted, and listen in on any interaction.

And how disturbing is it that everyone is chanting in unison, "Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed."  I'm sure that someone is that group is having a bad day, and yet they have to lie about it, or face punishment.  The place is a cult, plain and simple."

Its more disturbing when that same brat is failing classes on purpose because summer school is a great way for him to get high without his parents finding out.

Like I said before, these kids just want to know what the rules are so they can breakem.  The fact that when the school jumps they say "How High" sounds great to me.

A cult?  You make it sound like 90% of the kids who go in there dont come out better than when they went in.  This school works on a basic principal (besides the 12 step) that parents dont understand.  When your kid screws up you shrink his world and you make him earn everything back.

The fact that these kids are trying to earn something and chanting on command just shows me they learned a lesson life was gonna teach them the hard way soon enough.

And to the misguided fellow who said these kids are just 17 and can't be masters of anything:

17 year olds have been chessmasters, sports champions, serial murderers, and the founders of billion dollar corporations.

The brattiest of them direct all this potential to stopping their parents from raising them right.  When the parent says they are grounded and can't go out they kid says he's gonna hurt himself and the parents let him go.  If that doesnt work the kids dont actually go trough with hurting themselves, they just find a way to hurt their parents.  These kids are provided everything their entire life for free, and now they think their parents dont have a right to raise them.  Ive seen what happens when teenagers raise themselves and its not pretty.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
Ok, you're right. Though they can't vote, enter into contracts, drink, hold jobs w/o parental consent, rent an apartment or really do anything w/o parental consent, the kids have all the power. We poor, hapless adults are at their mercy. It's kill or be killed!

Oh, and while were at it, all the money and power in the drug trade is controled by 16yo boys w/ dark complexions. All we have to do is keep rounding them up and throwing them in cages to solve that problem, right? Never mind the rich white guys making millions off of either end of that deal.

You're not very bright, are you?

We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth...
For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth;
to know the worst, and to provide for it.

--Patrick Henry

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
The funniest part of this story, in a dark humor sort of way, is how short sighted are the troubled parents who buy into this line of bullshit.

Don't you understand that, one day, you'll be old and feeble? Who do you suppose will care for you, who will decide whether to put you in a home? Who will choose the home? Who will visit you? Does it occure to you that, if you're treated badly, your grown ofspring might just snicker and tell you you're imgagining things when you try to tell them about it?

Sucker!

Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.
--Bastard Administrator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
On 2005-07-22 11:02:00, Antigen wrote:

"Ok, you're right. Though they can't vote, enter into contracts, drink, hold jobs w/o parental consent, rent an apartment or really do anything w/o parental consent, the kids have all the power. We poor, hapless adults are at their mercy. It's kill or be killed!

Oh, and while were at it, all the money and power in the drug trade is controled by 16yo boys w/ dark complexions. All we have to do is keep rounding them up and throwing them in cages to solve that problem, right? Never mind the rich white guys making millions off of either end of that deal.

You're not very bright, are you?

We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth...
For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth;
to know the worst, and to provide for it.

--Patrick Henry

"

way to change the subject when backed into a corner.  the legal rights of the child have NOTHING to do with the power he wields in the household.

btw, there is a reason kids cant do all these things w/o parental permission.  some crazy lawmakers determined a 46 year old may make better descisions than some teenager.

and the way you ended your post by an attack on my intelligence:  magnifique.

its like arguing with a child...  oh wait i get it now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »
On 2005-07-22 11:05:00, Antigen wrote:

"The funniest part of this story, in a dark humor sort of way, is how short sighted are the troubled parents who buy into this line of bullshit.

Don't you understand that, one day, you'll be old and feeble? Who do you suppose will care for you, who will decide whether to put you in a home? Who will choose the home? Who will visit you? Does it occure to you that, if you're treated badly, your grown ofspring might just snicker and tell you you're imgagining things when you try to tell them about it?

So assuming I'm a parent with an out of control kid (which im not), I should just let him run his own life, fail outta school, not go to college, hang out with his loser marginalized friends who do the same thing, live with me till he's 35, and THEN hes really gonna be able to afford to put me in a good nursing home.

what you will realize when you grow up (the only excuse for your opinions are a>  that you are a child or b> that you have no real experience with messed up children) is that in the end, your parents were really looking out for what was best for you.  they were young once too, and most of them can tell the difference between teenage rebellion, and a kid who is gonna be 18 soon and has the values and maturity of a 12 year old.  Believe me, there are MANY out there.

you are probably right that in a world where children were given more rights they would be forced to grow up quicker, but the fact is that even at 18, the way our society is set up these kids ARENT adults.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
i really dont want to get into an instulting match with you, we are having a civil conversation in other threads, but i was surprised when i looked at this one to see you calling me ignorant.  you are really civilized with me (for the most part in the other threads) and your points seem better (im not taking a shot at you there) but i could be wrong.

you gotta admit though: a lot of these kids really do wield a lot of power in their household.  parents love their kids so much that they allow the kid to win out over them and eventually it becomes too late.

almost all kids go through a phase at 16 where they hate there parents, i certainly did, ironically behind drug usage, but when my mom used to threaten me with "military school" it was always about my grades, not the skunky smell on my jacket.

i never cared for high school, but i managed to get into a pretty decent school eventually and i was able to "turn it on" academically for mom and dad, even if it was only at first to prove to them that i could handle being away from them and handeling my business,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
Anti-
I don't want kids rights ever violated, and please get educated on IDEA and Special Education some kids need more time, and extra services in order to be succesful as adults their rights are not taken away, and IEP and Special Education can keep a student in school till 22 if deemed neccesary but when they are over 18 they have to agree to it, unless of course they are unable to do so, such as MR etc. it has proven to be helpful to a lot of kids who appreciated it.  Again, if you were educated on some of the good protections in place for kids who need them and was able to get past your own anger you would see not all of us are bad people.  By the way we are working on pulling together a huge press conference for next week against Brat Camp with some parents, advocacy groups, and providers hoping it will get national attention.  Root for us I will keep you updated.
`a

Offline Anonymous1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »
for the mother who has her son there but doesnt agree with it: My parents did not agree on me being sent there. They are divorced. My Dad is the one who didnt want me there. The truth is even though he did not have custody of me, he could have just came and got me out whenever he pleased to, but didnt. Ive seen it happen to quite a few students. So regardless of what anyone says u can just go get ur son. My parents and FFS are still going to court about this even though i graduated last june.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
Ya'll, I haven't been following the FFS threads, but I note that they keep coming up on top. Anybody think I should give ya'll your own forum?

Last couple of times I did this, I just sort of did it and ppl got lost and confused for awhile. This time, I think I'll do it differently. If half a dozen people, or a few less than that who feel very strongly about it will kindly pick through the archives for threads that should move to a new Family Foundation form, I'll do the chore.

Contact me via http://fornits.com/comnt.php w/ that and a name and description if intd.

so long as the priest, that professional negator, slanderer and poisoner of life, is regarded as a superior type of human being, there cannot be any answer to the question: What is truth?
--Freidrich Nietzsche, German philosopher