Author Topic: Bellefaire JCB in Cleveland, Ohio?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bellefaire JCB in Cleveland, Ohio?
« on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »
Does anyone know about/have personal experiences with Bellefaire JCB's troubled teen program?  I'm asking because I was sent there for nine months when I was thirteen-fourteen, and...well...it messed me up.  I'm not sure if there's real bad stuff going on there, or if it's just me being oversensitive or vindictive, so...anyone?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Bellefaire JCB in Cleveland, Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
Bump.  Anyone?  I'm sure someone's heard of something.  Anything.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:52:53 AM »
I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't. Perhaps you could share with us some of your experiences?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »
Their website: http://www.bellefairejcb.org/

They're based in Shaker Heights, Ohio. One of those "old school" social service organizations. At least, that's how they apear to have started out.

They do some community stuff, adoptions, foster care, and also have residential care of various types (or degrees of control). They seem to specialize in autism. From their Residential Care page:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Residential Treatment

Bellefaire provides four levels of residential treatment: intensive treatment, intermediate treatment, transitional living, and independent living. All or our residential programs utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to address the complex needs of each child and to build upon his or her strengths. Our clients are faced with a variety of challenges resulting from abuse, neglect, chemical dependency, and mental health concerns.

Referrals for placement at Bellefaire are made by a variety of sources from across Ohio and the nation. Referrals include public child welfare agencies, parents and/or legal guardians, juvenile court systems, hospitals, and schools. Families and placing entities are considered members of our treatment team and play a key role in a client's treatment while at Bellefaire.

An assessment of strengths, as well as emotional and behavioral needs, leads to treatment that is individualized, goal-specific, and provided in the least restrictive Program. Services in all units include individual and/or group therapy; group counseling and partial hospitalization; psychological evaluations; psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring, as indicated; and chemical dependency assessment and treatment. Nursing and well-child care are provided on our grounds. Educational services, including special education, are provided in collaboration with the Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District.

To learn more, call Intake Services at Bellefaire JCB.
Cleveland area: 216-320-8502
Toll free: 800-879-2522
Or email [email protected]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
See also the following thread for some personal testimonies, as well as discussion of the case of a 15-year old that committed suicide there some years ago: