Author Topic: John David Reuben's Son, Max Reuben and HLA  (Read 20187 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
John David Reuben's Son, Max Reuben and HLA
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:12:23 PM »
Max Reuben is the second son of John D. Reuben of "SavingTeens.org" (STICC).  Max was sent to HLA from 2004 to 2008.

His brother, Mike, was sent to SUWS and then to ASR.  Because his real issues were never dealt with at these kiddie prisons, he killed himself last year with an overdose of heroin.  Prior to going to SUWS and ASR, Mike had never been a drug abuser.  He became one after four years of detention.

Did any of you go to HLA with Max?  If so, I'd like to know if HLA allowed him to attend his mother's funeral.

HLA uses family tragedies to gain compliance from their detainees.  They will say things like "If you want to go to your mom's funeral, you better straighten up right now, or you won't go!"  Nothing like mind-raping a kid who just lost his mom, right?

Did any of you know Max well?  Did you meet his dad?  If so, what was his dad like in person?  On fornits he's a little coward 'who' hides behind his supposed anonymity and degrades people who had bad experiences at HLA and ASR, even though his neglect and ASR's abuse led to his son's death.

I just wonder what kind of parent does such a lousy job of raising his kids that they both 'needed' kiddie jail time.

Any feedback is appreciated, especially about how HLA handles Max's mom's death.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful replies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: John David Reuben's Son, Max Reuben and HLA
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »
I was at hla with max reuben, actually his roommate for a few weeks. He was sent to hla for huffing stuff (duster/paint/glue i dont remember his exact poison of choice) along with probably a number of other underlying issues i did not have the time to become aware of. when he arrived he had a scar on his face from when he passed out and a can of something he was huffing froze to his face.

dont attack the reubens. that family obviously has some serious issues, and it is obvious that you wont be changing JDR's mind considering how fucked up his life is. i''m sure they already have plenty to deal with minus fornits.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Max Reuben is the second son of John D. Reuben of "SavingTeens.org" (STICC).  Max was sent to HLA from 2004 to 2008.

His brother, Mike, was sent to SUWS and then to ASR.  Because his real issues were never dealt with at these kiddie prisons, he killed himself last year with an overdose of heroin.  Prior to going to SUWS and ASR, Mike had never been a drug abuser.  He became one after four years of detention.

Did any of you go to HLA with Max?  If so, I'd like to know if HLA allowed him to attend his mother's funeral.

HLA uses family tragedies to gain compliance from their detainees.  They will say things like "If you want to go to your mom's funeral, you better straighten up right now, or you won't go!"  Nothing like mind-raping a kid who just lost his mom, right?

Did any of you know Max well?  Did you meet his dad?  If so, what was his dad like in person?  On fornits he's a little coward 'who' hides behind his supposed anonymity and degrades people who had bad experiences at HLA and ASR, even though his neglect and ASR's abuse led to his son's death.

I just wonder what kind of parent does such a lousy job of raising his kids that they both 'needed' kiddie jail time.

Any feedback is appreciated, especially about how HLA handles Max's mom's death.

Now tell us honestly.  Would anyone believe this posters if they were describing their stay at a program?  This person never even met the Reubens or went to ASR yet they are describing in detail the events which lead up to the sons death.  This is what we are faced with when someone starts saying they were abused in a program.  Are they telling the truth or just trying to make the program they attended look bad like this poster is doing to the Reubens?

Fair question?  Where is the dividion between truth and lies?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »
I think what is posted is a fair depiction.  Two kids in programs = bad parenting, period.  These kids had problems that should have been addressed by real help.  Sadly, instead they were locked up in kiddie jails.  

Mike never had a drug problem, but as soon as he got out of ASR, he started one.  Why is that?  What about his life prior to being parolled from ASR drove him to drugs?  We'll never know now.  He's dead.  Like many other ASR parolees.  

Average age to death for an ASR inmate seems to be around 23-25 years.  That's just the data.  Sorry, but data doesn't lie.  There happen to be lots of corpses surrounding ASR and other teen warehouses.  The correlation is very high.  Facts are facts.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »
I think what is posted is a fair depiction. Two kids in programs = bad parenting, period.
This is very consistent with the thinking on fornits.  So every child in a program is due to bad parenting (100%).  Great thinking!

These kids had problems that should have been addressed by real help.
Some feel the kids don’t have any problems at all.  Which is it?

Sadly, instead they were locked up in kiddie jails.

Hmm.... Jails, okay.

Mike never had a drug problem,
You know this to be fact.

but as soon as he got out of ASR, he started one.

Why is that? What about his life prior to being parolled from ASR drove him to drugs? We'll never know now. He's dead. Like many other ASR parolees.

No links no evidence.  This is why I post here. You speculate and make up stories to suit your agenda.  What are readers to believe here?  In one post you make up stories and in another you are desperate to make people believe you were abused in a program.  Where do the stories end and the facts begin?

Average age to death for an ASR inmate seems to be around 23-25 years. That's just the data. Sorry, but data doesn't lie.

Link, to study?

There happen to be lots of corpses surrounding ASR and other teen warehouses. The correlation is very high. Facts are facts.

Lets see the facts then.  I see the words you write, but no evidence.  This is when you take off and run.
Your post has made my case, thank you.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »
This is very consistent with the thinking on fornits. So every child in a program is due to bad parenting (100%). Great thinking!

Nope just yours. You were a bad parent, so your kid killed himself.

Some feel the kids don’t have any problems at all. Which is it

[citation needed]

Hmm.... Jails, okay

Yes jails. I'm glad you finally come to understand this and accept it.

You know this to be fact

You would. Clear the air for us right now.

You know this to be fact

See the above post.

No links no evidence. This is why I post here. You speculate and make up stories to suit your agenda. What are readers to believe here? In one post you make up stories and in another you are desperate to make people believe these abusive programs are safe. Where do the stories end and the facts begin?

Link, to study?

Why would you care about evidence now? You weren't able to back up any of your own claims.

Lets see the facts then. I see the words you write, but no evidence. This is when you take off and run.
Your post has made my case, thank you

That brings up a good idea. Why don't you start your data base of kids who were murdered by this industry up again. Add your dead kid's name to the top of the list.

Once you're done with that provide the post where you gave permission to have your guest post linked. I'm not letting you off the hook Peter.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:53:47 PM by RobertBruce »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »
I think what is posted is a fair depiction. Two kids in programs = bad parenting, period.
This is very consistent with the thinking on fornits.  So every child in a program is due to bad parenting (100%).  Great thinking!

These kids had problems that should have been addressed by real help.
Some feel the kids don’t have any problems at all.  Which is it?

Sadly, instead they were locked up in kiddie jails.

Hmm.... Jails, okay.

Mike never had a drug problem,

but as soon as he got out of ASR, he started one.

Why is that? What about his life prior to being parolled from ASR drove him to drugs? We'll never know now. He's dead. Like many other ASR parolees.

No links no evidence.  This is why I post here. You speculate and make up stories to suit your agenda.  What are readers to believe here?  In one post you make up stories and in another you are desperate to make people believe you were abused in a program.  Where do the stories end and the facts begin?

Average age to death for an ASR inmate seems to be around 23-25 years. That's just the data. Sorry, but data doesn't lie.

Link, to study?

There happen to be lots of corpses surrounding ASR and other teen warehouses. The correlation is very high. Facts are facts.

Lets see the facts then.  I see the words you write, but no evidence.  This is when you take off and run.
Your post has made my case, thank you.

:flame:  :twofinger:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

Was he allowed to go to his mom's funeral or not?  Simple question.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 10:22:48 AM »
Quote from: "bobpeterson1973"
Nicole Fuglslang of CALO (Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks)

http://www.bergermontague.com/pdfs/Hidd ... plaint.pdf

5. Further, during the Class Period HLA has also enrolled a number of "court-ordered," "violent" or "severely disturbed" students . The enrollment of these children has led, among other things, to several incidents during the Class Period in which students have been violently assaulted by other students -- the precise opposite of the "therapeutic" mission the school tells families it follows.  Indeed, an internal HLA email sent in February 2006 by Clarke Poole, HLA's former Director of Admissions during the period January 2000 through March 2006, to HLA's current Director of Admissions (and Public Relations), Nicole Fuglslang, detailed the exploits of three of these students, including one female student who sexually assaulted another female student, and two male students -- who both reportedly were referred to the school by defendant Buccellato himself despite the clear risks these children posed -- who brutally attacked other students .

I guess John didn't care that there violent sexual offenders mixed in with glue huffers.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
No, I guess not.  But as policy, HLA does not allow kids to go to funerals.  They usually keep them locked up to "keep their thoughts right" like in Cool Hand Luke.  I wonder if that's where their treatment model comes from?  Lock 'em up, work 'em to near death and deprive 'em of any contact with outsiders while the inmates set up the rules and the pecking order.  Lots of similarities there.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
John, when you sent your glue-sniffing kid to HLA, didn't you worry that rapists roam the grounds freely?  That they have opportunities to get other kids alone and out of supervised areas?  Do you tell parents that you are referring to HLA that they accept convicted violent sexual offenders?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »
John, when you sent your glue-sniffing kid to HLA, didn't you worry that rapists roam the grounds freely?  That they have opportunities to get other kids alone and out of supervised areas?  Do you tell parents that you are referring to HLA that they accept convicted violent sexual offenders?

Nah, not worried about rapists.  They use to tell us when we were kids that there were wild bears in the woods to keep us all at the camp site.  Now a days this wouldnt work so they step it up a little and say there are rapists roaming the grounds.  Its been very effective and the programs save on extra staff and fences.
Now actually hiring sex offenders is even more effective.  You dont any kids roaming around at night even in doors.  So there are different levels you can incorporate depending on the flight risks of the kids each individual program accepts.  Hiring sex offenders for the night shift keeps the kids out of the hallways and in their room.  You dont have to lock the doors because most of them lock them from the inside.... Brilliant!!
We save a ton of money on security, plus sex offenders will work for less...win, win.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »

Some people choose to ignore realities like this.  One kid at HLA was diagnosed by Len with pedophilia (among other very disturbing diagnoses) and this was known, obviously, before he was enrolled, again, by Len.  Sticking your head in the sand or pretending this isn't true is pure folly.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:10 PM »

Some people choose to ignore realities like this.  One kid at HLA was diagnosed by Len with pedophilia (among other very disturbing diagnoses) and this was known, obviously, before he was enrolled, again, by Len.  Sticking your head in the sand or pretending this isn't true is pure folly.

There were tons of kids enrolled who were diagnosed with ODD or even ADHD.  If you listen to most of the posters here you will learn that you cant rely too much on the wording of the diagnoses.  Chances are that kid was misdiagnosed, I dont think there was ever any risk.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »

There were tons of kids enrolled who were diagnosed with ODD or even ADHD.  If you listen to most of the posters here you will learn that you cant rely too much on the wording of the diagnoses.  Chances are that kid was misdiagnosed, I dont think there was ever any risk.

I wonder why he sexually assualted another boy then?  There goes the "no risk" theory.  This was the same kid that sexually abused his little brother at home.  Who could have predicted he'd be anything other than risk-free at HLA??
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control