Author Topic: John D. Reuben and SavingTeens.org  (Read 51844 times)

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
Re: John D. Reuben and SavingTeens.org
« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2010, 03:36:40 PM »
It takes a heartless and callous profiteer to raise funds off his dead kid while "fabricating" a whole new family to hold out as a "program success story."  It's disgusting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 15, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
It takes a heartless and callous profiteer to raise funds off his dead kid while "fabricating" a whole new family to hold out as a "program success story."  It's disgusting.

Yup.....and I really do think this is a huge part of why he keeps up so strongly.  I wouldn't view my child's death as a business opportunity.  He really seems to.

Quote from: "Whooter"
Whenever something is going terribly bad try to think about how you can profit by it and turn it around into something good.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 18, 2010, 10:10:05 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Peg Sympson"
First off I’d like to say you post a good argument and if you are the same poster on the other threads I agree with you mostly.  But I would like to say that I have been reading here awhile and know for a fact that Dysfunction Junction is a good guy at heart.  He just gets out of hand sometimes when he loses an argument.  He worked in a program years ago and believes them to be abusive but isn’t articulate enough to express what he is feeling so he resorts to violence and name calling when he loses an argument.  I saw the post where he wanted to punch you out, but again this is a result of his frustration in lack of communication skills.  He has gained credibility here by telling everyone that he is a mental health professional but we all know that professionals in this field don’t resolve their differences through violence and name calling.
Give the guy some space and understand that he is frustrated and angry towards the industry.
  He is not a bad guy and is just looking for people to understand what he went thru.

Thank you Peg, I think you nailed him, although, I dont think he is a mental health professional as you stated.  He may work in the field but not in a professional capacity which is obvious by the way he handles conflict and communicates.  He is just upset because no one wants to meet him in California, the job market is down, most people disagree with him and HLA is coming back under a new name.  So, I agree with you that we all need to give him some space to vent and he then he will go back to his job search soon enough.

A friend of my son was this way.  He always wanted to settle an argument by hitting people and this carried over into his adult life.  To this day he cannot handle it when he is proven wrong or when people disagree with him.  Violence is just ingrained in some people.  Like I said I dont think this Dysfunction Junction is a bad guy he just doesnt know what to do with his anger or how to properly direct it.  It is good to see people like you on here who can keep their cool.

Whoops!  Whooter has another son!  This one must be the real one.  Unless he fabricated two of them.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »
Another son, huh?  Well well well.  What do we have here?

:roflmao:

First off I’d like to say you post a good argument and if you are the same poster on the other threads I agree with you mostly.  But I would like to say that I have been reading here awhile and know for a fact that Dysfunction Junction is a good guy at heart.  He just gets out of hand sometimes when he loses an argument.  He worked in a program years ago and believes them to be abusive but isn’t articulate enough to express what he is feeling so he resorts to violence and name calling when he loses an argument.  I saw the post where he wanted to punch you out, but again this is a result of his frustration in lack of communication skills.  He has gained credibility here by telling everyone that he is a mental health professional but we all know that professionals in this field don’t resolve their differences through violence and name calling.
Give the guy some space and understand that he is frustrated and angry towards the industry.
  He is not a bad guy and is just looking for people to understand what he went thru.

Thank you Peg, I think you nailed him, although, I dont think he is a mental health professional as you stated.  He may work in the field but not in a professional capacity which is obvious by the way he handles conflict and communicates.  He is just upset because no one wants to meet him in California, the job market is down, most people disagree with him and HLA is coming back under a new name.  So, I agree with you that we all need to give him some space to vent and he then he will go back to his job search soon enough.

A friend of my son was this way.  He always wanted to settle an argument by hitting people and this carried over into his adult life.  To this day he cannot handle it when he is proven wrong or when people disagree with him.  Violence is just ingrained in some people.  Like I said I dont think this Dysfunction Junction is a bad guy he just doesnt know what to do with his anger or how to properly direct it.  It is good to see people like you on here who can keep their cool.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 18, 2010, 05:40:39 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

It appears to be another child; a son.  We're not sure yet if it is a flesh and blood child or another fabricated one.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Just more lies and fabrications from Whooter.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 06, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
Quote from: "John D. Reuben"
"In 2004, when I found out Michael had drug problems, I founded Saving Teens in Crisis Collaborative to help disadvantaged youths participate in programs too expensive for them."

John, when you discovered Mike had a drug problem, instead of founding STICC to help other kids, you should have supported your son by getting him medically-based treatment for his drug problem.  Why would anyone faced with this situation start a business instead of focusing on their own child's problem?  Don't you see that your refusal to get directly involved in Mike's life is what drove him to drugs in the first place?  Then your solution to this was to have him locked up instead of put into scientifically proven therapy?

John, is this one of the "STICCy results that last a lifetime"?  I guess it is if "lifetime" means "22 years."

This marketing spin makes me nauseous.  We're talking about HUMAN BEINGS here, John.  I know the conscienceless, like yourself, see children as commodities, but this is WAY out of line.  You disgust me, sir.

Of course you are nauseous.  That is because you are weak and lack foresight like most people. See the problem is you miss the bigger picture.  You think small and think problems can be solved by hugging people.  People and kids dont need hugs they need solutions, they need to know someone is in control and can make them feel safe.  Most parents jump in and try to save their child by getting involved in their lives.  But the truth is it is too late at this point to save them by this approach because they have traveled too far down the path.  The parents should have been more involved all along.  So instead of taking the road everyone else was taking another option was to start a business around the problem.  This way you not only get help for your child but you find you are able to raise money for other kids to be placed and after the smoke settles 2 things occur:

1.   It doesn’t cost a dime for treatment and
2.    You can actually reverse the flow and have a few coins end up back in your pocket to boot.

You need to always keep a level head and look for opportunity when others are panicking.  This is key and is the Hallmark of successful people.  Whenever something is going terribly bad try to think about how you can profit by it and turn it around into something good.  I have always been a firm believer that there exists a silver lining in every situation.  It is our jobs to find it and utilize it or someone else will.

As far as trying to find something scientifically proven, that is hogwash.  By the time any good set of studies are completed the treatment is outdated and people have moved on to something more "leading edge".  Hell they still cant figure out how bees fly but that doesnt prevent us from enjoying the honey.

Let's be honest, people.  These programs are very profitable.  Why you get upset that I make money is beyond me.  I don't begrudge you your living. lol  Your lives went down the toilet and made programs necessary.  Just because I choose to turn that need into a great living doesn't give you the right to lie about me all the time.