Author Topic: John D. Reuben and SavingTeens.org  (Read 51946 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
John D. Reuben and SavingTeens.org
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:54:05 AM »
John D. Reuben is a wanna-be EdCon 'who' started a business making referrals to known abusive programs.  He has linked up with some of the most familiar bogeymen of the TTI such as Lon Woodbury, Martha Kolbe and many others, like NATSAP and Aspen Education.

John's son, 'who' was forced into two abusive programs, SUWS and ASR, did not receive the help he desperately needed from the unlicensed, unseducated staff of SUWS and ASR, but he was able to make it through, getting out at age 18.  Since the boy's legitimate psychological issues were never addressed while he was detained by for-profit quacks, his family bond was destroyed and when he came home from ASR he estranged himself from John and went back to his old behaviors (as almost every teen does after being detained by quacks) and got much more deeply into much harder drugs, turning to heroin to get his fix and escape from his terrible problems that his father refused to seek legitimate treatment for.

Eventually Michael Joshua Reuben overdosed on heroin and died due to his father's neglect in his time of need.

John's son Max H. Reuben is also a program veteran, but John declines to say which program.

Please lend your support in researching John's connections to the TTI and those of his firm STICC.

John, if you had followed sound medical advice, Mike would still be with us today.  Max, although still living, is deeply scarred by his experiences that you forced him into.  Now you want other people to follow your example which leads to psychological destruction or even death.  John used paid death notices in newspapers accross the country to draw attention to STICC and to get donations to send other kids to SUWS and ASR, a particularly misguided and disgusting thing to do.

Thank you to Mike's roommate [name withheld] who sought me out to tell Mike's story here and ask us here at Fornits to try to cripple STICC as a referral source to programs that verifiably kill children and are 100% ineffective.

R.I.P., Mike.  Your dad let you down, but your friends love you eternally.   :peace:

Please add your thoughts to this topic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: John D. Reuben and SavingTeens.org
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »
previous discussion on this topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26615

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:12:42 AM »
Quote from: "John D. Reuben"
"In 2004, when I found out Michael had drug problems, I founded Saving Teens in Crisis Collaborative to help disadvantaged youths participate in programs too expensive for them."

John, when you discovered Mike had a drug problem, instead of founding STICC to help other kids, you should have supported your son by getting him medically-based treatment for his drug problem.  Why would anyone faced with this situation start a business instead of focusing on their own child's problem?  Don't you see that your refusal to get directly involved in Mike's life is what drove him to drugs in the first place?  Then your solution to this was to have him locked up instead of put into scientifically proven therapy?

John, is this one of the "STICCy results that last a lifetime"?  I guess it is if "lifetime" means "22 years."
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Putting A Face on TheWho
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:42 AM »
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
TheWho's Marketing Business
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »
Using Mikey's obit as a marketing tool for STICC:

REUBEN, Michael Joshua Age 22, of Sudbury, MA. Beloved son of John D. Reuben. Brother of Max H. Reuben. Musician, artist and sales executive. We will miss our child and the young man he became. Addiction was the illness that took him, but never the essence of who he was. Also survived by his loving grandmother, and numerous dear aunts, uncles, cousins and friends, including the Abreu and Reuben/Glanzman families of Somerville and the Frias family of Hudson. Donations may be made in his memory to: Saving Teens in Crisis Collaborative, a non-profit organization founded by John Reuben to assist troubled teens and their families struggling with substance abuse and other emotional issues. www.savingteens.org <http://www.savingteens.org/> P.O. Box 441363, West Somerville, MA 02144

John ran several paid obit's accross the country, each one used as a donation portal for the TTI.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: TheWho's Marketing Business
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
TheWho's Current Business

He left this job after less than a year, right after Mikey killed OD'd.

TheWho's Professional Profile

He did mention several times here that he is not good at "holding down a job" and that appears to be true.  The longest he ever held a job was five years and that was twenty years ago.  Since then he hasn't been able to keep a job longer than three years.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 11:16:32 AM »
The identity, significance, and activity of this person has been known by others on this forum for quite some time.

The actual larger circumstances and tragedy in this family is far more complex and tragic than you apparently have any clue about, maybe something you would know if this fictitious roommate you bring up were actually real.

While the circumstances certainly warrant - and would not have escaped - discussion on fornits, there is such a thing as "appropriate timing," even if for no other reason than to honor the memory of Mike Reuben, who did love his dad, btw. The kid is barely cold in the ground and already you are castrating the father.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »
I understand what you are saying, but his father deserves no quarter.  He has relentlessly harrassed many survivors of programs he refers children to on this site, as if the pain and torment of losing one child couldn't sate his appetite for destroying other children's lives through railroading them into the TTI.  So, regardless of how people feel about his topic, it's important to understand this man and why he has spent over four years here trying to revictimize people who have suffered the same abuse as Mike did.

This really has nothing to do with Mike, it is all about this father, TheWho, who feels such strong compulsion to abuse abuse victims.  What on God's earth possesses this man to spend quite literally thousands of hours over half a decade making fun of tortured and abused people here?  What gives him the right to degrade survivors while he pushes more kids into the sausage grinder that tore up both of his boys and killed one of them?

I'm sorry, but in my eyes, this man is sociopath that needs to be kept away from children, not feeding them into The Machine.

TheWho should have thought about this as an eventuality rather than a slight possibility.

If pointing this out is disrespectful to Mike, how would you characterize John's behavior then?

All we can hope to do now is to honor Mike's death by preventing John's being an accessory to further abuse, torment, suffering or death.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
http://www.myspace.com/savingteens

Here's their MySpace page, run by John's sister, a partner at SavingTeens.org.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
From: John Reuben [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:16 PMTo: [email protected]
Subject: Passing Away Of My Son Michael

Friends & Associates,Many of you may have already heard about the passing of my son, Michael, this past weekend as the result of substance abuse related issues. As much as I have tried these many years, I could not help Mike escape the grip of his drugs of choice. And now I am faced with a void in my life that will be impossible to replace.Substance abuse is a horrid disease, a plague on our society. In 2004 I realized that my son had this problem and looked for a constructive way to channel my energies from worrying about my son. I formed a non-profit called Saving Teens In Crisis Collaborative (STICC) to help disadvantaged families with their children.

This is when TheWho's research into teen programming really began.  He trolled Fornits as a way to avoid "worrying about (his) son."  Somehow I doubt all of this trolling will bring any kind of resolution for TheWho.

Anyway, this is the timeline for TheWho's arrival on Fornits, which became full-blown incessant, vapid trolling soon thereafter, culminating in directly attacking a kid who was abused at HLA, a favorite program of his key associate, Martha Kolbe, who continues to refer children to the abusive teen shitpit to this day.

Personally, I wouldn't be seeking help from a man with no conscience or morals, like John.  Reading his posts here make me cringe and some make me feel sick to my stomach from the rationalization of hurting kids to 'help' them.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
The identity, significance, and activity of this person has been known by others on this forum for quite some time.

The actual larger circumstances and tragedy in this family is far more complex and tragic than you apparently have any clue about, maybe something you would know if this fictitious roommate you bring up were actually real.

While the circumstances certainly warrant - and would not have escaped - discussion on fornits, there is such a thing as "appropriate timing," even if for no other reason than to honor the memory of Mike Reuben, who did love his dad, btw. The kid is barely cold in the ground and already you are castrating the father.

How did you know this? Why didn't you say something before?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »

John's son, 'who' was forced into two abusive programs, SUWS and ASR, did not receive the help he desperately needed from the unlicensed, unseducated staff of SUWS and ASR, but he was able to make it through, getting out at age 18.  Since the boy's legitimate psychological issues were never addressed while he was detained by for-profit quacks, his family bond was destroyed and when he came home from ASR he estranged himself from John and went back to his old behaviors (as almost every teen does after being detained by quacks) and got much more deeply into much harder drugs, turning to heroin to get his fix and escape from his terrible problems that his father refused to seek legitimate treatment for.

Can we just add, we don't know that this boy killed himself because he failed to get help? In all likelihood, he killed himself because he was abducted, imprisoned and tortured and brainwashed for many years. Any "normal" person would be profoundly dehabilitated by this lobotomization, deprivation and torment and whether he failed or succeeded to get help would not be the mortal wound.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »

Can we just add, we don't know that this boy killed himself because he failed to get help?

No, it was his father's responsibility to get him real help.  Medical and psychological help, but daddy was too busy trying to break himself into the Teen Hurt business.  So he sent Mike to SUWS and ASR, both of which are abusive programs populated by staff with no education that act basically as correctional officers.

Just look at daddy's words above.  He wanted to forget about his son's problems, not get involved with them.  So he sent him to a behavior mod facility instead of a treatment center or outpatient center.  Believe me, TheWho is all about himself and nobody else.  Here, look at this shamelss plug and product placement.  Plugging SavingTeens.org on an orthodics website?

TheWho's shameless plug
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 12:58:10 PM »

I think pounding his fist again and again while shouting a dozen times at RB to "Post Mike's obit, then!" was a fine opening and the appropriate timing, IMO.  It's not my fault that he didn't like what he asked for after he got it.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control