Author Topic: legal options  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
legal options
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:09:54 AM »
Legal Options for Survivors

I was abused at XYZ program. Can I file a lawsuit against the facility?
Absolutely. As a victim of abuse, you have the right to demand compensation for pain and suffering.

Is there a time limit for filing?
In most states, the statute of limitations requires that lawsuits be filed within a few years of the time you realize you were harmed. State laws vary widely so a lawyer in your state can best answer this question.

What type of lawyer should I contact?
A personal injury lawyer would probably be best. Many offer 30 minute free consultations.

I want to sue and I have a strong case, but I can't afford a lawyer. What can I do?
You still have a good chance of filing a suit. Many personal injury lawyers require no up-front payment. If you are awarded damages, their fee will come from that.

The facility I was in is not located in my state of residence. In which state should I hire a lawyer?
This is where things get complicated. Based on our experience, you will need to find a lawyer in the state where the facility is located. Again, a lawyer in your state can best answer this question.

I told my parents I was being abused at the facility, but they left me there anyway. Can I sue them?
The law says those who know about abuse, and do nothing to stop it, can be held liable for damages. That includes parents. We have heard that one survivor successfully sued his own parents. As soon as we have more details, we will post them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: legal options
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »
Is it not abuse and is it not something that can be  brought to the  courts attention no matter how long ago  something took place, i mean it is like being murdered, and years finally later someone finds a clue, how could there be a limit on abuse???? Or is there a limit on abuse??? Confused and willing to sell car to go to court.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »
yes, it is a crime.

all one has to do to file an action is prove they are still damaged, and they only recently discovered they are damaged.

easy to do.

you get a doctor to say so. that is all.

then all other people -- in a class action would then be brought in as parties to the action.

that is how the catholic church got sued. that is how you bring old actions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »
Stack can I sue you? - cause you are giving me the red ass.  Is there a statute for that?

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »
Guest,

Stop that.  Are you scared of being sued or are you just being nasty for the sake of being nasty?
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »
guest is a perfect example of one who has been destroyed by the seed.

if you read guests posts, they waiver back and forth -- both vehemently attacking the seed, and then attacking those that attack the seed.

a clear sign of being mentally and emotionally destroyed.

think patty hearst, kidnapped, tortured, total victim, and then brainwashed and part of the plo.

sadly for guest - who doesn't even use a name -- is clearly a mentally disturbed victim of barker.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »
I am willing to do anything to see justice.......

Offline Cyndeelouwho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
Sign me up now

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 10:43:31 PM »
Sign mine in my blood please, You have my permission to use my name anytime any place.