Author Topic: Sorenson Ranch School  (Read 7518 times)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Sorenson Ranch School
« on: June 20, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »
http://sorensonranchschool.com/

anyone heard anything? any experiences? just tried to visit www.Heal-online.org (i know i must have entered that wrong, i think i put .com instead) and it came up with this.... can you guys help me do some research in case we need to put this place on our radar?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Sorenson Ranch School
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
http://sorensonranchschool.com/

anyone heard anything? any experiences? just tried to visit http://www.Heal-online.org (i know i must have entered that wrong, i think i put .com instead) and it came up with this.... can you guys help me do some research in case we need to put this place on our radar?

I would imagine it's already on the radar, at least here. Do a Search on fornits, there's too many threads for me to just list. Here's some to get you started:

Sorenson's Ranch
What do I do
sorensons.org - the truth about srs
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:20:21 PM »

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 07:14:11 PM »
sweet, weird that i never heard about it before, guess I've just been out of the loop too long.

Thanks for the links!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
sweet, weird that i never heard about it before, guess I've just been out of the loop too long.

Thanks for the links!

They are a bit litigious. That tends to squelch the rumble of discontent, 'till a critical threshold is reached...

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »
hmm wonder why?... lol

So are you saying they have sued survivors who have spoken out?

I think its about time to create a Sorenson Ranch Survivor's myspace and get the real story...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »
hmm wonder why?... lol

I think its about time to create a Sorenson Ranch Survivor's myspace and get the real story...

There was a Sorenson's MySpace and they got sued. There was also a Sorenson's - Truth site, and that kid got sued. I don't know what is up on the net these days.

I think info on both of those lawsuits is included in my links above. I know that at least the MySpace lawsuit has also been mentioned on the Fornits Wiki (link to Wiki on the first page of the Sorenson's Ranch thread, but perhaps not functional).

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
hmm wonder why?... lol

There was a Sorenson's MySpace and they got sued. There was also a Sorenson's - Truth site, and that kid got sued. I don't know what is up on the net these days.

I think info on both of those lawsuits is included in my links above. I know that at least the MySpace lawsuit has also been mentioned on the Fornits Wiki (link to Wiki on the first page of the Sorenson's Ranch thread, but perhaps not functional).

All the more reason to do it!

I'll make sure to keep the tone of the account manager's opinion neutral including the "about me" section however its the comments from the survivors that will ring true, they can't sue them all.

We might need to do a survey as well... that way the info can be collected and reported in an un-slanderous way.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 02:30:35 AM »
I guess that it is time to update the wiki datasheet. I went on google maps and you can actually with street view locate yourself inside their facility.

One problem we have faced is that there is no myspace / facebook group after they sued mysspace.

Another program is that they gave the state of Utah af beating after they won the right to hire one of their troubled sons with a criminal past as staff on the ranch.

I think that we will let one of our people scan the net once more for additional info next week.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 02:36:10 AM »
posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=27754

SORENSoN’S RANCH SCHOOL

In utah

Also see "Sorenson's Ranch: Abusing Your Kids for Over 30 Years!"

One Parent’s Story
By Anonymous (for more info, e-mail: [email protected])

Everything in my statement is true.  I give HEAL permission to use my statement.  

I WAS FIRST HOSPITALIZED FOR THREE MONTHS WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED AS I DID NOT GET ALONG WITH THE 'GUARDS' SO THEY HAD 12 OF THE LARGER KIDS (I WAS 16 AND SKINNY WHEN I ARRIVED, BUT I REFUSED TO BE TRAMPLED) BEAT ME AT ONE TIME CRACKING MY RIBS AND BRUISING EVERY INCH OF MY BODY. I TRIED TO LET MY FAMILY UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS HAPPENING, BUT THE MAIL OF COURSE WAS CENSORED AND I WAS BEATEN AGAIN BUT MANAGED TO FIGHT BACK AS I HAD NOT LEFT THE WEIGHT ROOM. I KNOW KIDS WERE RAPED, BUT I NEVER HAD THAT PRIVELEDGE, THANK GOD.

I ESCAPED 3 TIMES, BUT WAS CAUGHT TWICE BY THEIR BOUNTY HUNTERS BRIBING FICKLE HALF FRIENDS... AND TURNED MYSELF IN THE THIRD TIME WHEN I REALISED I DID NOT WANT A LIFE ON THE RUN. LUCKILY THEY WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SPOTLIGHT, AND HAD ME RAPIDLY EVICTED FROM UTAH FOR LIFE - OH DARN.

I WAS ALSO SENT ON THE IDAHO SURVIVAL PROGRAM THAT WENT HAND IN HAND WITH SORENSONS. I ALMOST DIED THERE, BUT TWO GIRLS FROM SEATTLE SAVED ENOUGH FOOD TO SEE ME THROUGH UNTIL THE NEXT WEEKLY FEEDING. I DON’T REMEBER THEIR NAMES, I HAVE TRIED TO FORGET THIS PERIOD IN MY LIFE, BUT I OWE THEM MY LIFE AS I DO KNOW TWO KIDS WERE ABUSED TO DEATH THE MONTH BEFORE OUR 'EXCURSION'.

THEY INVENTED TORTURES FOR ME ESPECIALLY, INCLUDING TWO WEEKS ON A DIRT MOUND IN MY BOXER SHORTS WITH TWO BOWLS OF RICE DAILY AND NO HUMAN CONTACT, I WAS MADE TO SLEEP IN A CHAIR AT THE END OF A HALLWAY AT NIGHT, THEN BACK TO THE MOUND, WHERE 'FELLOW STUDENTS' WERE ENCOURAGED TO THROW CLODS AND ROCKS AT ME. THEN IN WINTER I WAS MARCHED DAWN TO DUSK BACK AND FORTH IN THE SNOW WHERE I DEVELOPED FROST NIP AND MY RIGHT FOOT IS STILL DEVOID OF FEELING. ONCE AGAIN A BOWL OF RICE FOR BREAKFAST AND ONE FOR DINNER - THEY FINALLY RELENTED WHEN I WAS IN HIGH FEVER AND TALKING TO MYSELF, AS I LATER WAS TOLD.

SOMEBODY SMUGGLED DRUGS IN, AND Again i was TORTURED IN SIMILAR FASHION UNTIL I ADMITTED AFTER 3 WEEKS JUST TO MAKE IT STOP. THE HEAD OF LEGAL AFFAIRS EVEN RISKED HIS JOB TO EXPLAIN 'COERSION' AS HE KNEW I WAS NOT GUILTY BUT A SCAPEGOAT FOR THEIR INABILITY TO FIND THE TRUE CULPRITS. HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER ATTEMPTED ANY HELP, BUT I FEEL HE WAS ONLY FEARING THE CONSEQUENCES IF DISCOVERED.

THE WAY THEY FOUND OUT ABOUT THE DRUGS WAS A BEAUTY IN ITSELF, A BOY WAS SO HIGH HE ADMITTTED HIS 'LOVE' FOR A CERTAIN COUNSELOR, AND WAS BEATEN TO WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE WHILE THE GUARDS 'DIDNT NOTICE' OF COURSE.  I AM PROUD OF WHO I AM AND EVERY THING THAT MADE ME THIS WAY, EXCEPT THIS PERIOD. I GREW UP IN HAWAII, WAS PRETTY INNOCENT, BUT FOR A GOOD THREE YEARS AFTER I WAS EXPELLED FROM UTAH I WAS INCREASINGLY VIOLENT AND BECAME ADDICTED TO HEROIN, A DRUG I HAD NEVER TRIED BEFORE UTARD.

I WISH I KNEW OF THE FOUR YEAR PERIOD, BUT ITS BEEN ALMOST 18 YEARS NOW. SO I GET TO SUFFER MY MEMORIES WITH NO OUTLET. I OFTEN THOUGHT OF GOING BACK AND FINDING CERTAIN OF THE WORSE BASTARDS, AS I AM SURE THEY ARE SNUG IN THEIR LITTLE VILLIAGE, RELATED TO THE COPS AND JUDGES IN RITCHFIELD AS ALWAYS.

I WAS SO DESPERATE TO ESCAPE THE FIRST TIME I WALKED THE 18-23 MILES TO RITCHFIELD IN A SNOWSTORM WEARING A FLANNEL SHIRT AND CONVERS - AND STOLE A CAR, THE FIRST TIME I BECAME A TRUE CRIMINAL.

THAT NIGHT I WOULD RATHER HAVE DIED IN THE COLD THAN GET CAUGHT, I JUMPED INTO SNOWBANKS WITHOUT A THOUGHT OF THE HORRIBLE COLD EVERY SET OF LIGHTS THAT CAME DOWN THE ROAD SEARCHING FOR ME. I TRIED SUICIDE SIX TIMES, BUT WAS UNSUCCESFUL DUE TO BEING WATCHED AND FORCE FED. I AM A FAMOUS ARTIST NOW WITH NO CRIMINAL RECORD, OUT OF LUCK FOR THE FIRST THREE YEARS OF FREEDOM, AND OUT OF MY NATURE FOR THE NEXT FIFTEEN.

THE HEROIN ADDICTION IS ALSO 13 YEARS PAST, I AM NOT AN ADDICTIVE CHARACTER, I WAS 'SELF MEDICATING' AND TRYING TO FORGET BEING IN THE PIT OF HELL AND THE DEMONS I SAW THERE.

I HEAR STORIES OF PEOPLES SOB TALES, BUT I KNOW 88-89 WAS FAR WORSE THAN ANY TIME SINCE THEN. THAT WAS WHEN THEY WERE 'IMPECCABLE' AND COULD RUN RAMPANT WITH THEIR SICK AND TWISTED CHILD ABUSE AND SEX FANTASIES.  SHORTLY AFTER MY DEPARTURE IS WHEN THE FIRST ACCUSATIONS AND DISMISSALS SURFACED, I HEARD FROM MY FRIEND TRACY ZAHORYN, WHO WAS SEVERAL YEARS YOUNGER, ALLOWED TO LIVE OF CAMPUS IN A GUARDS HOUSE, AND LATER BECAME A FAMOUS MODEL IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT.

I HOPE TO GOD WHAT I FEAR HAPPENED TO HER DID NOT, SHE WAS SO SWEET WHEN I MET HER, AND SO JADED WHEN SHE CAME BACK TO THE REAL WORLD.

THERE IS SO SO MUCH MORE, BUT THESE FEW MEMORIES MAKE ME WANT TO SCREAM AT LIFES INJUSTICES, BUT I CAN DO NOTHING BUT HURT MYSELF.

Survivor Story #2

By Mike Horgan

Everything in my statement below is true. I give HEAL permission to use my statement.  I was "being reformed" at Sorenson's Ranch School in 88 - 89.  

I read this other persons (Alumni) letter and felt obligated to write my fair warnings as well.  I wanted to cry while reading the other alum's words.  The sad thing is the types of things the person described in their report happened allot and to so many kids.  I realized I have repressed a lot of shit inside over the years and have not wanted to think about those big abusive Mormons.  Judgmental, Prejudiced, Cruel, but at the same time they truly believe in their cult and think they are doing the right things to help.  At my low, I also helped steal a car and try and break out, 2 attempts, I also marched through the wilderness program in Idaho with a bunch of fucking heroin addicts from around the country, some big black guy from Compton broke my nose… I had religion stuffed down my throat, forced to do allot of shit...  But what was bad was the night time… we hurt people.. for the first 6 month's I got beat down a bit, I was 14, some kids were 19 even one 20 year old (court ordered).  So with the time you stop getting beat and you start beating others.  Fuck it right, it was sink or swim.  I remember being strip searched, repeatedly, they (Staff) were always looking for contraband.  We did have some good weed on occasion...  They would call it "restraining" us... if you sat quietly and refused to follow an order the staff would slam you on the ground and whoop your ass.... this happened often and I couldn't figure out what good it did.   I am aware of sexual abuse.. there was allot of bad shit going on... but like I said the Mormon Cult truly believes they are saving us poor little bastards.  Too any of my friends who happen to run into this letter, sorry for any bad memories.. I turned out well, hope you made it out ok the same…  And there were definitely some good "counselors",    There were also some devious fuckers… I love my kids way to much to send them to a place like that...

P.S.

Learned how to be really fucking sneaky and manipulating…

love you all,

Mike Horgan 1988 - 1989

www.organiccrackrecords.com

Survivor Story #3

By Liz

Everything in my statement is true. I give HEAL permission to use my statement.

I read the testimonials on here, and wanted to respond... I was first sent to SRS in 1990. Things did get better from 1989 to now, but not by much... I remember all too much, things I wish I could forget. There were still so-called counselors with nothing more than a high school diploma and their "SICK AND TWISTED CHILD ABUSE AND SEX FANTASIES," as O.M. put it. I was there, with a short break for about a year, from 1990-1994. I have since found recent survivors and heard that there are still horrible abuse stories coming out of there. As a former resident of the school, I can attest to the horrors endured by many including myself. Those physical restraints they were doing in 1989 and when I was first there, were actually illegal as they didn't have a license to be doing them. They've since obtained one and are still performing them, but then? I watched them kill a teenage boy with one of their "restraints." He was beaten to death by at least 3 overgrown, overweight men. His head was split open, and he never returned from the hospital. Before it was a school for the more privileged of children (monetarily speaking), it was home to kids who were a ward of the state, and often not even the state of Utah. I was under the impression for many years that it had been cleaned up, and was now a good school. How they could have fooled me, after enduring what I did (as I know to be true for recent survivors as well) I'll never know.

If there are any parents out there considering to send your child to Sorenson's Ranch School, PLEASE contact me first. I promise to put you into contact with other survivors, both past and present... This is not a place for a child. If you love your child and are fearful for their safety, this is NOT the answer. My parents sent me away because of a "bad attitude," and when I returned I was much worse. After watching my friends get handcuffed and shackled to the school's fence for hours, even days and weeks (sometimes in nothing more than their underwear and a sleeping bag in the snow for fear they would try to run away), being fed nothing more than rice cooked in chicken broth only ONCE a day, having been tortured by "counselors" while on their camp-outs, raped repeatedly by someone I/we should've been able to trust, I was returned to my parents ready to try everything I had learned while attending SRS. I was quickly sent back as my parents were unequipped to handle what they had paid to create. Don't let this happen to you... You will undoubtedly be racked with the guilt my parents are still unable to face. Don't let this happen to your family. If you think things are bad now, I can guarantee Sorenson's and places like it will only make it worse.

SRS Survivor 1990-1994

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 02:37:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 02:53:14 AM »
http://www.funadvice.com/q/should_i_sen ... _sorensons

Hello my name is jason.I was sent there from 98-2001.It was the WORST enviroement and treatment I have ever had in my entire life to this day.I never had a criminal record...that is untill I went to sorensons ranch! I broke into a house,destroyed it and stole a 4wheeler in their garage and tried to get away but was caught.I even told the cops to just keep me,for I did not want to return to that hell hole.One day while in ISOLATION,( WHICH IS WHERE you SIT ON THE END OF your BED FROM 6AM-10PM LIGHTS OUT..no outside and they even tell you when to shower and use the bathroom,and when to even drink water,I was even told one time I was thirsty after a shower that I should have drunkin the shower water and to go sit down! And the most shocking that happened to me in isolation is when my back hurt sooo bad from sitting up(MIND YOU I WAS IN THERE FOR NEARLY 2 MONTHS FOR MY AWOL INCIDENT),I was told yo sit up by a man named JR SORENSON,I complied with a lil moan and groan and the next thing I knew I was being chocked by both his hands on the bed and being shakin up and down,mind you the other 2 staff memebers turned their head away.When I tried to tell my parentsa on the phone..they dissconnected the call and I was sent back to my room.Another incident is when I didnt have my shoes and I borrowed my friends from my cabin..once again JR sorenson,saw those werent my shoes and sent me outside BAREFOOT along the fenceline to stand... IN THE SNOW IN 13 DEGREE WEATHER.I've seen about everything from kids being restrained for saying no.. meaning they bend the shiit out of your wrist untill your quote " CALM". When she continued to cry,he pushed harder and told her to stop crying.I was denied the right to see the doctor and go to bed during activites while I had the flu because they thaught I would go awol.PEOPLE I HAVE MANY STORIES ABOUT SORENSONS Rnch. PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL! Fun mail me

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 03:51:31 AM »
Thank you for the testimonies!

Ill get working on a myspace, I'd really like to gather more survivor stories.

I noticed a new thread mentioned there should be a truth site set up, (for all intensive purposes I'll redirect that conversation here) what do you all think about this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 05:03:21 AM »
Thank you for the testimonies!

Ill get working on a myspace, I'd really like to gather more survivor stories.

I noticed a new thread mentioned there should be a truth site set up, (for all intensive purposes I'll redirect that conversation here) what do you all think about this?

You are so great..I don't know. maybe this could be taken up by the "anti troubled teen alliance websites" that had a "secret forum" a while back. A "sorenson's ranch truth" site with SWORN survivor testimony, calling the FEDS or disabilities people with complaints from survivors in a methodical way (yes I know they don't do anything, but it gets sorenson's on the "map")

You are so great..I don't know. maybe this could be taken up by the "anti troubled teen alliance websites" that had a "secret forum" a while back. A "Sorenson’s ranch truth" site with SWORN survivor testimony, calling the FEDS or disabilities people with complaints from survivors in a methodical way (yes I know they don't do anything, but it gets Sorenson’s on the "map")

This is what I think would be good, from my incompetent, sickly person standpoint. A “truth” site, or maybe even a fornits forum (though I guess we have too many forums already, so maybe not) so that TORTURE goes on at Sorenson’s goes to the top of the google list. I’d bet Sorenson’s is using reputation defender, as they’ve managed to obscure their HEAL site AND sure victims and myspace into submission

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 11:46:55 AM »
Regarding the law suit. It was Shaun Sorenson, a plumber and maintenance worker, provided none of those services and can keep his job, the court ruled.Sorenson was convicted in California for drunken driving in a hit-and-run crash.

From; Felon can keep his job at school, court says Deseret News, The (Salt Lake City, UT) - December 14, 2001

It is not known whether they still dress youth on runaway risk in orange jumpsuit as it is described in this article Teens Deseret News - Google News Archive - Jan 10, 1996