Author Topic: Who's Got the Answer?  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Who's Got the Answer?
« on: June 20, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »
Anyone been to a T.C. (therapeutic community)?

I attended one called Daytop for a shot while when I was 16, as I got caught going to school a bit inebriated..lol..( hey, I was young)
Anyhow, I was very suprised by the things that went on in this place. To me it seemed like a cult. I've spent some time looking around the net and found that there are a lot of TC's. Some are "Straights", "Elan", and there are a bunch of others, and they all seem to have some really messed up practices- most worst then Daytop. I was just wonderring if anyone else had had bad experiences with a TC.

This question is on Yahoo Answers at :  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 806AA2VC8Y

Here is a good opportunity for anyone who wants to to tell a bit about their experience and put it in a place where other people who are looking for answers about TCs will find it.  let's say that you were considerring going putting your child in a TC, so you go to yahoo answers and search the questions.. Sure enough this question comes up, along with a bunch of answers about the horrors that people have experienced.  You still gonna send your kid.. At the very least think twice.

If you have a yahoo e-mail , or are a part of any yahoo message group, you can sign in to yahoo answers.  If you wish to be anonymous, you can make up a yahoo ID just for this purpose. It only takes about 5 minutes.

You dont have to go into extreme details.  I think it is a good idea to include the name of the program in your answer.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »