Author Topic: A CALO response by Ken Huey  (Read 13394 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: A CALO response by Ken Huey
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2009, 12:44:47 AM »
Quote from: "Sad State"
Failing to get a child's consent is at the very heart of abuse.

Yup.  That be the core of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2009, 12:53:10 AM »
They can hate those of us who support it all they want. They'll be hating us when they are free.

Hell once they are free they'll even be able to do something about it.

But at least they'll be free.

Unlike now.. where they are probably being jacked up in a PCS double wrist hold or worst.

Like it or not this entire thing has brought more people to the table of the anti-CALO team. They aren't posting publicly, but they are acting privately.

While it irks me that it comes down to something like this to get people to act, they are none the less beginning to act.

So kids, when you are free.. feel free to send me all the nasty comments you want at my posted Email.

You'll at least be free to do so.

And god.. freedom will never taste so sweet.

don't bother with on.nimp.org links.. I already know about them.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2009, 01:25:38 AM »
Do you people seriously think this site is "objectifying" these kids by posting their names?

Do you think the police are objectifying the teens who have gone missing by hanging fliers up around the neighborhood?

Do you think the thousands of people who were been victimized, injured and killed in the many brutal world/ civil wars are objectified because their names are mentioned?

No...? Then why is this ANY different?

I think the principal is the same here, there are hundreds and thousands of kids being "objectified" in programs as we speak, I don't understand the opposition to putting a name to a few of those victims.

I can only assume the intention was to draw attention to these kids as individuals, not to refer to them as objects. Furthermore the possibility that one of their friends or an adult advocate could likely google their name and through that posting find out that the child was in danger and act on their behalf to have them removed is well worth the risk, don't you think? Maybe the parents stumble upon it, and are prompted to do some research and ask us some questions... I don't understand the harm in that.

I can understand the issue of consent, but considering their right to consent was violated the moment they were entered into this school I think minorly encroaching on their consent in the process of advocating for them is a risk worthy of taking. I'm also sure that if a child on this list were to ask that their name be removed they would be obliged, but I have a feeling most would be grateful, I know I would.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:16:25 AM by FemanonFatal2.0 »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2009, 09:20:41 PM »
I'm also sure that if a child on this list were to ask that their name be removed they would be obliged, but I have a feeling most would be grateful, I know I would.

From a survivor no less.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
When people ask do the ends justify the means ? by naming
students that are being held in such a place as k-low  ?
they need to read up
 http://www.caica.org/index.htm
and ask themselves if the REAL  end means --- >>>another child possibly DEAD
with the tragic incident ( and names included) plus the  treatment centers ( some even still in operation )and  responsible .
That is   the whole point of why
people are in this battle to begin with .
WHEN is enough enough ??
For me knowing there are parents out there who have to live with this
and no recourse , you would think more sensible people would see the battle is worth saving
a Life of any child .

Being a survivor is not always a luxury . Thats Reality !

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »
Let me just tell you all this, when I was locked up I could only fantasize that a dedicated friend, family member or advocate would notice my absence, find out what happened to me and demand to be able to speak to me, which could give me the chance to beg for help. But the reason that could have only been a fantasy is because at the time I was incarcerated, Fornits or any other watchdog community didn't exist and the fight for my rights and safety hadn't been established. Perhaps our proceeding survivors were too concerned with "ethics of consent" to do anything that might have potentially saved me from an experience that resulted in a life time of physical, social and emotional scars. Personally I would have owed my life to some one who had started a campaign in my name, and took a concerted risk to facilitate my rescue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Let me just tell you all this, when I was locked up I could only fantasize that a dedicated friend, family member or advocate would notice my absence, find out what happened to me and demand to be able to speak to me, which could give me the chance to beg for help. But the reason that could have only been a fantasy is because at the time I was incarcerated, Fornits or any other watchdog community didn't exist and the fight for my rights and safety hadn't been established. Perhaps our proceeding survivors were too concerned with "ethics of consent" to do anything that might have potentially saved me from an experience that resulted in a life time of physical, social and emotional scars. Personally I would have owed my life to some one who had started a campaign in my name, and took a concerted risk to facilitate my rescue.

AMEN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
Nobody is going to do anything to help any of those kids in real life. Their names weren't posted as a favor to them, they were posted by people trying to piss off a program, trolling 'in real life', if you will. Some of you sound like you are packing your bags and heading over to pick some kid up from a program, get real for a minute, please. Posting on fornits doesn't do anything to help kids in programs, sorry to burst the bullshit bubble guys and gals. Messing with programs online is great and all, but don't lose perspective, it's not like this board is a bunch of mother theresa's.

When the kid is applying for a job in five years, and the HR person google's their name, are they going to appreciate it then?  :timeout:

Take a look at that list and notice if any of the names are unique, non - ordinary. This thread will surely follow them through life, as people routinely google each other.  :blabla:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2009, 10:30:06 PM »
Nobody is going to do anything to help any of those kids in real life. Their names weren't posted as a favor to them, they were posted by people trying to piss off a program, trolling 'in real life', if you will.
Some of you sound like you are packing your bags and heading over to pick some kid up from a program, get real for a minute, please.
Posting on fornits doesn't do anything to help kids in programs, sorry to burst the bullshit bubble guys and gals. Messing with programs online is great and all, but don't lose perspective, it's not like this board is a bunch of mother theresa's. When the kid is applying for a job in five years, and the HR person google's their name, are they going to appreciate it then?  :timeout:

Take a look at that list and notice if any of the names are unique, non - ordinary. This thread will surely follow them through life, as people routinely google each other.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Nobody is going to do anything to help any of those kids in real life. Their names weren't posted as a favor to them, they were posted by people trying to piss off a program, trolling 'in real life', if you will.
Some of you sound like you are packing your bags and heading over to pick some kid up from a program, get real for a minute, please.
Posting on fornits doesn't do anything to help kids in programs, sorry to burst the bullshit bubble guys and gals. Messing with programs online is great and all, but don't lose perspective, it's not like this board is a bunch of mother theresa's. When the kid is applying for a job in five years, and the HR person google's their name, are they going to appreciate it then?  :timeout:

Take a look at that list and notice if any of the names are unique, non - ordinary. This thread will surely follow them through life, as people routinely google each other.

^^Thewho

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2009, 09:03:48 AM »

^^Thewho

Yes, The Who.  Father to a pretend daughter and a dead son.  That's him.  And he neglects to mention what he knows full well: several kids have been 'leveraged' out of these shitpits by Fornits' members and many more by Fornits' content.

This post goes o-for-two.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »
I think it goes without saying that Fornits is not the solution but the catalyst... it always has been. This non-physical, un-organized, biker-bar of a forum can't DO anything... its PEOPLE that can make a difference, people like friends, family, therapists or advocates related to these children that should be prompted to take action based on the information they were able to gather here at fornits, from which they were flagged because these names were posted.

The one and only reason this strategy makes sense is because it registers that name to google so that anyone who is attempting to act on behalf of this child WILL be able to find out what happened to them, where they are and that they are in immediate danger.

So the argument that this tactic may in the future cost this person a job is a far cry to the possibility that it may save their life in the first place. but in any event, I'm in support of pulling these names down in a few years... if thats something well proxied is willing to do, just in good faith I guess. I think once we can verify that these kids are out, we should oblige them their privacy concerning this matter.

I'm setting up a myspace for CALO survivors... Ill do my best to find these kids, assuming they create myspaces upon release, and update you all on THEIR opinion in this matter. Until then I think its safe to assume for the time being, this strategy has its place, and Fornits has done its job by just existing.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:59 PM »
I think it goes without saying that Fornits is not the solution but the catalyst... it always has been. This non-physical, un-organized, biker-bar of a forum can't DO anything... its PEOPLE that can make a difference

Correct.  This forum performs a necessary function: a place to talk, organize, and network without boundaries, censorship, or any sort of authoritative direction.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
you are 200% correct FemanonFatal2.0

In Fact word has it ---- they already have such a group Organized.

That in and of itself SHOULD be telling people.....

NO-ONE WOULD CALL THEMSELVES SURVIVORS

IF THEY DID NOT FEEL THEY ARE /WERE VICTIMS ......

I can't imagine how surprised all THE K-LOW TEAM WITH THEIR

INFAMOUS HERO RED FLAG LEADER will become as with all

their threats ,,,  IT MAY SURPRISINGLY  come back to BITE them in

THE ASS........ by a Class -Action Lawsuit by such VICTIMS .

Kids grow -up and become their own people , no longer restrained
to dish out their own justice  through the Legal System .
Bench Vs Crawford is testiment to that . Any Help streering
such people in the right direction is exactly why
Fornits is a GOD SEND , for truly caring for the right reasons ,
Unlike those who CHARGE $$$$ for HELP.

The Real Show will start when the Victims get the
chance to tell  MR.RED FLAG TOUCHY ....to FUCK OFF  :jerry:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »
Do you people seriously think this site is "objectifying" these kids by posting their names?

Do you think I would be objectifying my dead grandmother by posting "In loving memory of Jean Filer" on the internet?

Do you think the police are objectifying the teens who have gone missing by hanging fliers up around the neighborhood?

Do you think the thousands of people who were been victimized, injured and killed in the many brutal world/ civil wars are objectified because their names are mentioned?

No...? Then why is this ANY different?

I think the principal is the same here, there are hundreds and thousands of kids being "objectified" in programs as we speak, I don't understand the opposition to putting a name to a few of those victims.

I can only assume the intention was to draw attention to these kids as individuals, not to refer to them as objects. Furthermore the possibility that one of their friends or an adult advocate could likely google their name and through that posting find out that the child was in danger and act on their behalf to have them removed is well worth the risk, don't you think? Maybe the parents stumble upon it, and are prompted to do some research and ask us some questions... I don't understand the harm in that.

I can understand the issue of consent, but considering their right to consent was violated the moment they were entered into this school I think minorly encroaching on their consent in the process of advocating for them is a risk worthy of taking. I'm also sure that if a child on this list were to ask that their name be removed they would be obliged, but I have a feeling most would be grateful, I know I would.

How about "in loving memory of Jean Filer who lived her final days in a lock-down psych ward of a nursing home, placed there by her neglectful and sadistic family, the Little Filers..."