Author Topic: Cedu meant 2 induce mental illness  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: meant 2 induce mental illness
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 03:10:36 AM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
AWAKE

Outstanding.
Seconded.
Quote from: "Awake"
…The “I and ME” seems to have been taken from Rogers’ theories, but they twisted the concept to fit Rogers’ description of psychopathology by creating a self concept that is incongruent. I think all the tools were for that purpose, to create a split in self concept then fully polarize the parts by imparting the belief that you could banish, or exorcise one of them. Furthermore they kept us in an environment in which positive regard was highly conditional upon behavior, which Rogers says cannot support self actualization. I’m sure you can see how Maslows hierarchy of needs was a tool cedu used to control people with their system of rewards and punishments. All in all I think it was elaborately set up to be exactly what Perls calls it, ‘The Famous Self Torture Game’.

We were served from different punch bowls, but ultimately programs are serving up only slightly altered (toxic) concoctions of the same strange brew.

You’ve packed quite a lot of interesting information into your posts.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27710  
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26994&p=327260#p327260
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis