Author Topic: Letter from HLA  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Letter from HLA
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »
This is a recent letter parents allegedly received from Buccellato. Have parents received any other communications? It's also rumored that Buccellato is trying to make the students stay their until November or he won't release their transcripts/allow them graduate. Would any current parents care to comment? I know from my own experience that this is something they would do in order to squeeze every penny out of the parents.

May 15, 2009
Dear Parents and Consultants:
As you know, Hidden Lake Academy (“HLA”) began operating in 1994. HLA provides a unique approach to working with adolescents experiencing serious struggles with emotional and behavioral issues. HLA continually strives to provide its students with a superior academic, counseling, and therapeutic environment. During the last three years, HLA faced a severe legal attack on its ability to continue its mission. The litigation alleged various contractual related claims. As a result of this litigation, HLA incurred substantial legal fees that were not covered by insurance. During the litigation, student enrollment declined because HLA’s referral base was faced with voluminous discovery requests. This caused the referral base to incur legal fees and reduced their willingness to refer students to HLA. During this difficult time, HLA always maintained its unique educational, counseling, and therapeutic services. The good news is the parties reached an agreement resolving the litigation. Additionally, HLA has reestablished itself with its referral base, which is once again, solidly supportive of HLA and its educational mission. HLA continues to work through challenging financial situations caused by both the financial burden of litigation, and the overall downturn in the economy. At this time, HLA has worked diligently to resolve many of the financial burdens that resulted from the litigation. However, HLA has been unable to resolve issues with one of its lenders. HLA elected to take a proactive approach to resolve its issues by filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to reorganize its affairs. Chapter 11 is a business reorganization process. HLA will continue to operate both during and after the reorganization process. HLA will continue to provide the highest quality educational, clinical, and therapeutic services on an uninterrupted basis to its students. HLA is engaging in ongoing negations with potential lenders and is confident in its ability to address its financial issue. I know that each of you remains concerned about your child’s education and well-being. Let me take this opportunity to reassure each and every parent that everyone at HLA remains fully committed to continuing to provide the same superior academic, counseling and therapeutic services to its students it has since 1994. Our commitment is and will remain steadfast. I would like to personally thank each of you for your continued support during this challenging time. I am sure that this process will go smoothly and that your child will continue to thrive and excel at HLA.

Sincerely, Len Buccellato, Ph.D.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Letter from HLA
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »
Bucchi, you little cocksucker. You would choose to lie even when the truth would sound better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:25:29 PM »
Upon reading this, my friend just said to me, "crazy poeple like this, make you think you are crazy and imagining this bizarre behavior"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »
I have received this letter along with several others. I am expecting an e-mail and phone call from the bankruptcy attorney's to discuss HLA's long-term plan. They have been diligent in keeping us informed of everything that is going on and we are confident that they will have a plan in place to address our sons needs before the summer is over. We absolutely love HLA and all of the wonderful things that they have done for our child. He has been there for 18 months, just graduated his program and is staying on as a post grad. Their therapeutic approach has been the best thing to ever happen to our son and our family. The changes that he has made over the past year and a half have been remarkable. Whereas he was not able or eligible to participate in sports at his public school, he has been involved in wrestling, track and soccer at HLA and thrived. He's starting the equestrian program this month and absolutely loves it. During graduation weekend, one of his graduating peers and their parents came to our house for a cook out. Everyone of us in peer group 96 have had nothing but great things to say about HLA. We are all baffled by the slanderous things that have been said about this program. Everyone of us struggled for years to help these kids and where we failed, HLA succeeded. Academically he has thrived and though his grades are in the C's, at least he's passing and does not feel "stupid" like he did at the public school. He has grown, matured and for the first time in his life has made real friends. His only complaint has been the food and his fear that the school will close and then where will he go. His main goal in life is to graduate from high school and he knows that HLA has been equipped and prepared to help him remediate the classes he failed in public school and make high school graduation a reality. Without them, we do not know what our options will be. HLA provided us with the best options for our son close to home and the thought of him moving to another school, out of state, where he has to start all over and loose the emotional connections that he has made at HLA with the staff and his peers, is frightening. We truly owe his success and our family growth to Dr. B. and all the staff at HLA.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:01:24 PM »
Quote from: "Tami"
I have received this letter along with several others. I am expecting an e-mail and phone call from the bankruptcy attorney's to discuss HLA's long-term plan. They have been diligent in keeping us informed of everything that is going on and we are confident that they will have a plan in place to address our sons needs before the summer is over. We absolutely love HLA and all of the wonderful things that they have done for our child. He has been there for 18 months, just graduated his program and is staying on as a post grad. Their therapeutic approach has been the best thing to ever happen to our son and our family. The changes that he has made over the past year and a half have been remarkable. Whereas he was not able or eligible to participate in sports at his public school, he has been involved in wrestling, track and soccer at HLA and thrived. He's starting the equestrian program this month and absolutely loves it. During graduation weekend, one of his graduating peers and their parents came to our house for a cook out. Everyone of us in peer group 96 have had nothing but great things to say about HLA. We are all baffled by the slanderous things that have been said about this program. Everyone of us struggled for years to help these kids and where we failed, HLA succeeded. Academically he has thrived and though his grades are in the C's, at least he's passing and does not feel "stupid" like he did at the public school. He has grown, matured and for the first time in his life has made real friends. His only complaint has been the food and his fear that the school will close and then where will he go. His main goal in life is to graduate from high school and he knows that HLA has been equipped and prepared to help him remediate the classes he failed in public school and make high school graduation a reality. Without them, we do not know what our options will be. HLA provided us with the best options for our son close to home and the thought of him moving to another school, out of state, where he has to start all over and loose the emotional connections that he has made at HLA with the staff and his peers, is frightening. We truly owe his success and our family growth to Dr. B. and all the staff at HLA.

Often it takes a few years for the unraveling to begin. I hope for your son's sake that this will be minimal in your family's case, but... be forewarned. These "changes" you currently see may well be naught but superficial ones. The social environment at HLA is not exactly based on reality.

Do keep in mind that ... thought coercion always has its price. It may be small, it may be large. In some cases it has been an irrevocable and terminal one.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 04:19:29 PM »

This is a joke...This is pure HLA goon. Their baaaaaack.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
I have received this letter along with several others. I am expecting an e-mail and phone call from the bankruptcy attorney's to discuss HLA's long-term plan. They have been diligent in keeping us informed of everything that is going on...

This is the first I've heard of "several letters," not to mention the extensive updates alluded to. Perhaps you are the only one being so solicitously informed. Care to share any of that material, Tami?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

Do keep in mind that ... thought coercion always has its price.

it's not coercion. it's forced modification. not unlike clockwork orange, just without the eyelid separators and experimental drugs.