Author Topic: Christopher Columbus of Cults  (Read 5409 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Christopher Columbus of Cults
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »
I would definitely beg to differ about your assertion that 85% of the first 100 graduates from AARC are educated, successful social drinkers.  Let's look at a sampling:
David Grant, former AARC employee, perpetuated criminal abuse consisting of unlawful confinement and performing acts restricted by law to licensed health care workers, staunch AA advocate and peddlar of AARC propaganda
Andrew Morton, former AARC employee, perpetuated criminal abuse consisting of ulawful confinement and performing acts restricted by law to licensed health care workers, involved in other abuses of female AARC clients while on staff
Colin Brown, AARC employee, perpetuated criminal abuse consisting of unlawful confinement and performing acts restricted by law to licensed health care workers, current Clinical  at AARC, recent education including Masters from US-based Seventh Day Adventist college
Bryan Campbell, AARC employee, perpetuated criminal abuse consisting of unlawful confinement and performing acts restricted by law to licensed health care workers, current Clinical at AARC, suspended from Mount Royal College for involvement in hate crimes, holder of BA from Union Institute, mail order college with almost thirty year link to Kids/AARC
Tanya Wesley, former AARC employee, perpetuated criminal abuse consisting of unlawful confinement and performing acts restricted by law to licensed health care workers, education unknown
Richelle Hall, former AARC employee, perpetuated crininal abuse consisting of unlawful confinement and performing acts restricted by law to licensed health care workers, education unknown
Dave Smidt, drug dealer

This is a tiny campling and does not include the graduates who are dead, of which there are at least two out of the first one hundred, and the multitude who suffer the long-term psychological damage from the abuse perpetrated in AARC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
Yes, but they are clean and sober.  They might have rejoined their intial path in life after AARC but they have stayed clean and sober.  A percentage of any graduating class will pass away over time.  I didnt read if these deaths were due to an overdose or not but that would be interesting to look at also.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »
The 85% can still be a valid number.  There leaves for 15 graduates to not be happy and there were only 7 listed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I would definitely beg to differ about your assertion that 85% of the first 100 graduates from AARC are educated, successful social drinkers.

Calm down, I said it was a guess. I appreciate the fact that you're taking my statistics so seriously, but I never claimed to have done an external evaluation or anything like that.
That's just what I see. In my guess, I wasn't counting the people who never left AARC. The way I see it, the people who went through treatment 10 years ago and have worked there ever since are life-long clients at AARC. Most of the people I've met - who have moved on and made an effort to deprogram themselves are social drinkers/doing okay - despite being in AARC, not because of it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »
How many out of the first hundred graduates remained involved with AARC?  How many are dead?  How many became long-term substance abusers after suffering severe psychological damage in AARC?  One study showed that the Synanon attack therapy produced several psychological damage in 9% of the people subjected to it.  We can reasonably assume then a similar number for AARC.  Add to that the group of former clients who remain AARColytes, and those AARC grads who were suffering from disorders prior to admission to AARC, and the perhaps 10% of AARC client who do suffer from a substance abuse disorder upon admission, and you do not have 85% of former graduates educated, successful and drinking socially.  The notion that 85% of graduates who were all subjected to an illegal mind control experiment that entailed unmonitored amateurs having both physical and psychological control of subservient minor charges emerged to be successful members of society is just ridiculous.  AARC fucks kids up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
The notion that 85% of graduates who were all subjected to an illegal mind control experiment that entailed unmonitored amateurs having both physical and psychological control of subservient minor charges emerged to be successful members of society is just ridiculous.  AARC fucks kids up.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying that 85% of grads are not affected by AARC, by any means. I graduated almost two decades ago and I'm still trying to undo the damage. I doubt I'll ever will. All I'm saying is that most graduates who leave A.A. don't end up heroin addicts on Hastings. If I were to guess, I'd say that 85% of the kids who have been through AARC were abusing drugs, but were never addicted to drugs. So, my guess was that 85% of us can quite easily stop drinking before we black out. Many of us live healthy lifestyles and contribute to society. Do I think that being in AARC exacerbates anxiety, depression, addiction, suicidal/homicidal ideation? Absolutely. Maybe I should have worded my post better, because I'm on your side with this.