Author Topic: AARC Gala  (Read 8495 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: AARC Gala
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
There is no question that the methods used in AARC are helpful. They are derived from the same therapies used in other approved settings such as Hazelden, and then replicated in a group setting. AARC also uses a peer group to help the individual to overcome personal obstacles. Studies of these methods have demonstrated a tendency to produce long-term abstinence from drug and alcohol in those individuals who partake in the process. These techniques were used by AA but on a much smaller level and in an uncontrolled setting. Its easy to see why AARC has stuck with their current process which is yielding an 85% success rate.
1. The clients are assessed by qualified personnel to diagnose the condition AARC treats.
2. AARC will not accept any person unless they are  suffering from addiction.
3. The Wiz and his staff are highly qualified to perform the interventions used at AARC.
4. A variety of disorders present in AARC clients can be treated under one roof as the staff is capable of addressing the multiple needs of the clients.
5. The methods used in AARC are not harmful.
6. There is evidence as to the number of clients in AARC who remain abstinent after graduating AARC which exceeds 85% after four years.
7. The program is supported by contributions and donations from local businesses and large corporations such as Rolex.
8. The host home system used in AARC is unique and critical to the success of AARC clients.
9. The methods used at AARC conform to all accepted standards of practise used by mental health professionals to treat mood disorders, and have been highly successful.
10. Clients at AARC are informed that they are expected to work hard on their own sobriety and will be released from the program if their participation wanes.
11. The ongoing behaviour modification at AARC is conducted by practioners belonging to a professional body, thus the staff are subject to all standards of professional ethics."
12.  The founder is often referred to as “The Wiz” because he has the uncanny ability to show clients that they have the strength within to heal themselves and in the end the client gets credit for their own success not AARC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
"There is no question that the methods used in AARC are harmful. They are derived from the attack therapy used in Synanon, and then replicated in the Seed, Straight Inc., and Kids. AARC also uses a peer group to confront, humiliate and coerce the individual to produce conformity. Studies of these methods have demonstrated a tendency to produce long-term psychological damage in the those subjected to the process. These techniques were used by both the North Koreans and the North Vietnamese to extract false confessions from American servicemen for use in propaganda campaigns. It's anybody's guess as to why they are being used in AARC.
1. The clients are not assessed by qualified personnel to diagnose the condition AARC claims to treat.
2. AARC appears to diagnose clients as suffering from addiction when they are not.
3. The Wiz and his staff are not qualified to perform the interventions used at AARC.
4. A variety of disorders present in AARC clients go untreated as the staff is incapable of addressing the needs of the clients.
5. The methods used in AARC are harmful.
6. There is no evidence as to the number of clients in AARC who remain abstinent after graduating AARC.
7. The program takes in a vast amount of money that does not correlate with the services provided by AARC.
8. The host home system used in AARC is dangerous, and puts clients at risk of an array of abuses.
9. The methods used at AARC do not conform to accepted standards of practise used by mental health professionals to treat mood disorders, and are thus experimental.
10. Clients at AARC are not informed that they are experimental subjects, and do not provide consent to be used as such.
11. The ongoing behaviour modification experiment at AARC is not conducted by practioners belonging to a professional body, thus the staff are not subject to any standard for professional ethics

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 09:37:52 PM »
There is no question that the methods used in AARC are helpful. They are derived from the same therapies used in other approved settings such as Hazelden, and then replicated in a group setting. AARC also uses a peer group to help the individual to overcome personal obstacles. Studies of these methods have demonstrated a tendency to produce long-term abstinence from drug and alcohol in those individuals who partake in the process. These techniques were used by AA but on a much smaller level and in an uncontrolled setting. Its easy to see why AARC has stuck with their current process which is yielding an 85% success rate.
1. The clients are assessed by qualified personnel to diagnose the condition AARC treats.
3. The Wiz and his staff are highly qualified to perform the interventions used at AARC.
4. A variety of disorders present in AARC clients can be treated under one roof as the staff is capable of addressing the multiple needs of the clients.
6. There is evidence as to the number of clients in AARC who remain abstinent after graduating AARC which exceeds 85% after four years.
7. The program is supported by contributions and donations from local businesses and large corporations such as Rolex.
8. The host home system used in AARC is unique and critical to the success of AARC clients.
9. The methods used at AARC conform to all accepted standards of practise used by mental health professionals to treat mood disorders, and have been highly successful.
10. Clients at AARC are informed that they are expected to work hard on their own sobriety and will be released from the program if their participation wanes.
11. The ongoing behaviour modification at AARC is conducted by practioners belonging to a professional body, thus the staff are subject to all standards of professional ethics."
12.  The founder is often referred to as “The Wiz” because he has the uncanny ability to show clients that they have the strength within to heal themselves and in the end the client gets credit for their own success not AARC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »
So far, as many as 176 people may show up to protest AARC's Gala on June 4th.

http://www.aarc.ab.ca/fundraising/_Gala ... ip2009.pdf

AARC Makes a Difference  

Teen addiction is a societal issue that affects everyone.  Without AARC these          
adolescents may become financial, legal or moral liabilities to our communities and,
over time, huge financial burdens to our government and non-profit social systems.

The Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre (AARC) is a unique  :roflmao:  long-term treatment centre
for teens addicted to drugs and alcohol.  Since we began operations in 1991, almost
400 young people have graduated and our clinical staff have worked with over 1,000
family members in treatment of this highly destructive but treatable condition. The
lives of our parents have been devastated while searching many avenues to help their
child.  Knowing that 85%  :roflmao: of our graduates are today sober, in school or working and
reunited with their families, gives our families hope.  

We can’t do it without your support.  :twofinger:

Protest:
Thursday, June 4, 2009
4:00pm - 6:00pm
Hyatt Regency
700 Centre Street SE
Calgary, AB

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Here's my favorite.  The Wiz, lying through his teeth as per usual, avoids directly answering any specific criticisms of AARC.  
1. The clients are not assessed by qualified personnel to diagnose the condition AARC claims to treat.  
2. AARC appears to diagnose clients as suffering from addiction when they are not.
3. The Wiz and his staff are not qualified to perform the interventions used at AARC.
4. A variety of disorders present in AARC clients go untreated as the staff is incapable of addressing the needs of the clients.
6. There is no evidence as to the number of clients in AARC who remain abstinent after graduating AARC.
7. The program takes in a vast amount of money that does not correlate with the services provided by AARC.
8. The host home system used in AARC is dangerous, and puts clients at risk of an array of abuses.
Too tough indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA6jKIf5 ... re=related
Doctor and preacher?  Well, he's certainly not a doctor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2009, 09:42:14 PM »
I wonder if they'll have graduates speak again, or if Josh Penner ixnayed that idea because he thinks they all sound "brainwashed and stupid."
Can't say I blame you Josh, judging by the posts I've seen from AARC supporters:

"Time after Time. My Loyalty is to Dr Vause and It always will be, he has always stood right beside me and I will do the same for him. I trust him with my life and anyone close to me, I trust every word he says to me without a doubt my loyalty is to him 100 %"

"What AARC gave to me was the biggest gift of my life. I was a straight Ghetto Punk lookiing at life in jail, AARC took me through the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anoynomous, which is nothing more then a design for life. My opinion is that they are life skills so simple that they can better anyones life who applies them, Addict or Not. My life is good today because I use the tools given to me by AARC in my daily life and not to mention some help from my higher power... I felt like putting a big piece of shit in that chicks mouth, what a liar."     - What fantastic life skills you have!  AARC clearly turned you into a better person.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2009, 09:42:27 PM »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »
Keep me updated.  I will be logged on early, just working from home thats all.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »

Yeah, thought for sure Ajax would hang in for another couple hours with the same post.  I might owe you lunch

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

Yeah, thought for sure Ajax would hang in for another couple hours with the same post.  I might owe you lunch
Ya gotta love the guy though, huh, hes got heart.  but so predictable like a light switch.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »

Ya gotta love the guy though, huh, hes got heart.  but so predictable like a light switch.

Oh, no, I think you might have put him into a rage.  Hope he didnt destroy his keyboard (or worse)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2009, 09:55:18 PM »
Can we ban the samefag yet?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Sounds like Whooter's been talking with himself again, lol.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2009, 10:23:03 PM »
Can we ban the samefag yet?
Nah, Ajax is harmless.  I think he is having a bit of fun on a saturday night.  Lets not start Banning people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2009, 11:15:44 PM »
"There is no question that the methods used in AARC are harmful. They are derived from the attack therapy used in Synanon, and then replicated in the Seed, Straight Inc., and Kids. AARC also uses a peer group to confront, humiliate and coerce the individual to produce conformity. Studies of these methods have demonstrated a tendency to produce long-term psychological damage in the those subjected to the process. These techniques were used by both the North Koreans and the North Vietnamese to extract false confessions from American servicemen for use in propaganda campaigns. It's anybody's guess as to why they are being used in AARC.
9. The methods used at AARC do not conform to accepted standards of practise used by mental health professionals to treat mood disorders, and are thus experimental.
10. Clients at AARC are not informed that they are experimental subjects, and do not provide consent to be used as such.
11. The ongoing behaviour modification experiment at AARC is not conducted by practioners belonging to a professional body, thus the staff are not subject to any standard for professional ethicsGuest