Author Topic: WWASPS Success Rate 97.4%  (Read 3884 times)

Offline spots

• View Profile
WWASPS Success Rate 97.4%
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »
" I was in LA and San Diego for the seminars and the letter writing to the schools has never been a part of this. "

The following link is on the Casa by the Sea official page.  It contains 12 Letters of Appreciation, with several accompanied by pictures of the writers.  All are posed singley in front of a potted plant in a hotel corridor-type setting...pretty obvious it's right after a seminar.  All letter-writers are from California, most from within 100 miles of San Diego.  

http://www.casabythesea.org./images/pag ... lades.html

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »
anon -
I don't know what PURE has up and what it dosen't. I pulled the links off intrepid net, and the dsperate messures sites, both of which I have saved in my favorites, as they often come in useful.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »
Darlene you wrote:
"It's (attending seminars) not about the program..."

How can you say that?
If it's not about the program, then why are seminars required in order to get out of the program? Why aren't seminars optional? Why are parents "forced" into WWASPs brand of personal growth?

What's the financial arrangement between WWASP and Gilcrease? I've read that Gilcrease designed the seminars specifically for WWASP. If they are for the public, was that a lie?

Why is Gilcrease listed as a defendent in lawsuits against WWASP?
http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Mar/03012003/utah/34117.asp

Why do program parents STAFF seminars, collect the letters? Do WWASP parents also receive a fee for referring non-program parents to seminars?
Are non-program parents who wander in off the street, refered to WWASP if they happen to have an "at-risk" teen. Is this part of the arrangement?

And:
"Counselors are confrontational."

Counselor is a professional term that can not be used by persons who do not possess a degree. Are the confrontational "counselors" at WWASP facilities licensed? Are the confrontational "counselors" in the seminars licensed?
Everything I've read indicates that they aren't.

Pretty hefty price tag for non-professional, confrontational "advice".

http://www.resourcerealizations.com/files/cpamphlet.pdf
"The coaching process stimulates clients to seek answers to questions such as:  What do we want to create as a family?"

Family? How do you create anything as a family when one member of the family isn't present, not even available by phone? How do you resolve things with your teen under these conditions? Communication is key in resolution, and seems impossible given you might not speak to your but 2 or 3 times during their sentence.

Re: the Ontological coaching:
Is it divulged to participants that they are participating in a methapysical program? Are the WWASP parents who are forced to attend, made aware of this?
May not matter, but what IF it happened to conflict with their personal or religious belief?

Deborah

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The Dangers of Isolation, Coercion and Torture
http://www.jinxmagazine.com/cia_torture.html
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2003, 12:07:00 PM »
Deborah - To my knowledge parents do not receive any referral fees for the seminars.

You are correct about the use of the title counselor. The seminar facilitators know better than to use that title. To my knowledge, Lou Dozier is the only facilitator with any credentials. She has a masters in psychology.

Judy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »
Darlene, When did your child graduate? How long did it take? Do both of you still attend seminars? If so, have you found them to be helpful? Are they only available in Ca?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »
The state of transition from childhood to adulthood is, and has always been, wrought with danger. The term "At-risk teen" is redundant. Fact is, anyone who's got a teenaged kid and who's gullible enough to buy into the WWASP world view is a good mark as far as they're concerned.

Time's fun when you're having flies.
--Kermit the Frog

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »
Ginger,
That was great!!
You should make that one of the "random quotes".
Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
So who was that independent study done by for WWASPS?  How did they get 97.4% adn some say 98%, I have seen 96% on some of there stuff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »
I HATE THE PROGRAM I GRADUATED AND I WENT THROUGH HORRIBLE THINGS TO LIVE MY LIFE.  THIS PROGRAM FUCKING SUCKS I HATE IT!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »
Ryan why do you always have to use such bad language?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »
RYAN WHO? WHERE DID IT SAY RYAN? IT SOUNDS LIKE A KID OR FORMER INMATE THAT SUFFERED FROM WWASPS. HOPE HE/SHE CALLS HURON LAW GROUP. 310-284-3400. TAKE THAT ANGER TO THE JUDGE. JUDGEMENT DAY WILL COME SOONER THAN YOU THINK. :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »
isnt this funny, WWASPS and success in the same sentence.  i wonder if any of the straight people can tell us if straight had bogus success rates too. it seems there are many similiar patterns what about this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »
On 2003-08-15 09:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Darlene, When did your child graduate? How long did it take? Do both of you still attend seminars? If so, have you found them to be helpful? Are they only available in Ca?"

My "child" graduated in early 2001.  As for how long it took - it took not one day less than was needed.  To be more specific - 14 months.  We don't staff seminars on a regular basis, but have twice this year.  I staffed a Visions, and he staffed a Focus at his former school.  We staffed a Discovery together recently.  Do they help?  I know I wouldn't be living my life the same way if I hadn't experienced them.  Again, they are open to the public so sign up, go and enjoy.

Someone said the seminars are required.  The only one that is required is the first one and only if you want to join your child for the parent/child seminars. I sometimes think it's because it sends a clear message to your child you're also willing to let go of what hasn't been working for you personally and within the family.  If your life is perfect and everything is working out great, there's no reason to waste your time. If it's against their beliefs, then they need to choose a program that doesn't base it's philosophy on personal growth.

To my knowledge the facilitators don't call themselves counselors.  Their life experience speaks volumes and all the degrees in the world won't change that.  Anyone that has been in a seminar with them will be better for it if they choose to be. I don't even think the first one should be required.  Let the parents see what they're missing when the are face to face with their child.

Gotta go - Darlene

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »
SPOTS - that's 10 or so out of the hundred + that were there.  Did other seminars do this on the spot or was there a staff member attending the seminar that wanted to take some photos back to the kids and got a little happiness from the parents tp post on their website in the process?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2003, 10:00:00 PM »
On 2003-08-15 10:09:00, Antigen wrote:

"The state of transition from childhood to adulthood is, and has always been, wrought with danger. The term "At-risk teen" is redundant. Fact is, anyone who's got a teenaged kid and who's gullible enough to buy into the WWASP world view is a good mark as far as they're concerned.

Time's fun when you're having flies.
--Kermit the Frog

"

So one teen get pissed at their parents for not letting them drive the car, dabbles a bit in drinking or smoking, grades slip now and then, lies some.  That is normal teenage growing and learning.  

On the other had you have one that is destroying property, hitting the parents, running away, hooked on drugs, quitting school, stealing on a regular basis, gets arrested or kicked out of school, the parents can no longer enforce rules of any kind...are you saying this is okay and that a wwasp or similar program wouldn't benefit?

Betsy