Author Topic: Did Cedu Runing Springs make you perform humiliating "skits"  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Did Cedu Runing Springs make you perform humiliating "skits"
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Did Cedu Runing Springs make you perform humiliating "skits"?

In which years did this occur?

What were they like?

Did all detainees have to participate in these "skits"?

thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Did Cedu Runing Springs make you perform humiliating "skits"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
Not sure what you mean by skits.

We  had lugs, and then we had stretches. (aka the party) Lugs were introduced in the brothers keeper, stretches were in the summit.

A post on stretches:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24465&start=0

About as detailed as you can get. It's ganked directly from a summit notebook.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 10:36:47 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"

We  had lugs, and then we had stretches. (aka the party) Lugs were introduced in the brothers keeper, stretches were in the summit.

A post on stretches:

I started reading that and became literally sick, literally nauseous, and had to stop. I'll take up again tomorrow in the morning light.
What I am asking is did CEDU running Springs, in the 90s, or whenever, force kids to perform "skits," as in forcing them to dress costumes act out a part that supposedly represented what they were, like liar or whore.

I guess the stretches things were like that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "try another castle"

A post on stretches:

I started reading that and became literally sick, literally nauseous, and had to stop. I'll take up again tomorrow in the morning light.
What I am asking is did CEDU running Springs, in the 90s, or whenever, force kids to perform "skits," as in forcing them to dress costumes act out a part that supposedly represented what they were, like liar or whore.

I guess the stretches things were like that?

I just read what MBA forced the kids to do---dress in french maid outfits, etc, which were referred to by the participants as skits? that's were i get the term

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »
oh, and sorry, I forgot to specify that I was in Idaho, although the exercises Im talking about, re: lugs and stretches took place on both campuses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »
I think what you are referring to is the Values Challenge.  It is a perfromance done by everyone in the peer group that just finished the values Workshop (3rd to last...done about 9 months before graduation).  It is a talent show format.  The performance you have to do is assigned by the staff.  They assign something that will get you "out of your square."  Quiet loners had to do the I have a dram speech or write and perform a stand up comedy act.  Loud people had to not talk for several days leading up to the performance then recite a poem on stage.  Being somewhat of a man's man, I had to wear tights and choreograph and perform a dance to a cheesy girl song.  No one was scarred by these performances during the time I was there, it was something people where proud of after it was over.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I just read what MBA forced the kids to do---dress in french maid outfits, etc, which were referred to by the participants as skits? that's were i get the term
Same stuff at Benchmark Young Adult School (Now Benchmark Transitions) in the Friendship Workshop.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 08:48:30 AM »
Quote from: "guest4"
I think what you are referring to is the Values Challenge.  It is a perfromance done by everyone in the peer group that just finished the values Workshop (3rd to last...done about 9 months before graduation).  It is a talent show format.  The performance you have to do is assigned by the staff.  They assign something that will get you "out of your square."  Quiet loners had to do the I have a dram speech or write and perform a stand up comedy act.  Loud people had to not talk for several days leading up to the performance then recite a poem on stage.  Being somewhat of a man's man, I had to wear tights and choreograph and perform a dance to a cheesy girl song.  No one was scarred by these performances during the time I was there, it was something people where proud of after it was over.
What you mean to say is that you weren't scarred and that you don't see it now as abusive.  You have no way of knowing how it affected other people, especially in the long term.  Let's not forget that participation in this ritual humliation or skit, depending on how you see it, is not optional.  There was no possibility of saying "i'm not comfortable doing this" and having it listened to.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
I think what you are referring to is the Values Challenge.

Oh yeah, those.

I would have made it to the second round but Simon Cowell said that it was the worst performance he had ever seen.

What a big mean jerkface.

Offline Loli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
The skits were not harmless.  Often, they picked a scenario they knew would cause you the most humiliation and pain.  For example, if you were a 300 pound drawf, they might make you parade around in a bathing suit and pageant sash.   It was a derisive, compulsory activity. You could not leave the propheet or level up, or frankly escape emotional beatings unless you performed your skit regardless of its demeaning qualities. Where is the emotional growth in this?  

The entire "therapeutic" program of raps and propheets were so reliant on predatory emotional abuse I cannot fathom anyone who condones them. Emotional growth cannot ever accrue after being humiliated, verbally abused, and emotionally exploited repeatedly on a daily basis. Let's not even discuss the attendant anxiety caused in daily anticipation of these activities.

Could you imagine if someone told you "You're may get your ass kicked to a bloody pulp today, tomorrow, and every day for the next two and a half years." Would you thrive in that environment? With Cedu,this is the anxiety inherent in daily life.  It may not have been your ass being kicked - just your self worth, self esteem, and any possible feeling of emotional safety. This is why so many program graduates have traumatic dreams still.

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »
There was some semblence of a costume and a performance in the Summit, as well.  This, too, was an exercise in humiliation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:11 PM »
HERE YOU ARE.....SO, COME ON START UP A CONVO WITH ME. YOU LIKE COMING TO THIS SITE SO MUCH...NOW YOU ARE RUNNING AWAY. WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME.