Author Topic: HLA Facebook Groups  (Read 31027 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HLA Facebook Groups
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
You really need to get a life - apparently all that jogging has affected your cranium...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "John Reuben"
So Lacey, I think it is awful that that had to happen to you.  I do not condone that treatment.  I dont think all schools would do the same thing and I actually know they would not.  I dont condone harassment. I do believethat if the rape occured post program you would be in a stronger position to deal with it then you were before hand.  
But you cannot honestly believe that spreading or allowing the spread of misinformation is going to have any long term lasting effect against these places.  They need to be exposed for what they are and back it all up with facts and data.  If you try to fool people with lies then the whole site loses its credibility.

Okay thewho or John.  How do you explain this post?  You failed to answer how going to HLA helped Lacey deal with her rape.
Stay on topic program pusher

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »
Quote from: "quest"
So Lacey, I think it is awful that that had to happen to you.  I do not condone that treatment.  I dont think all schools would do the same thing and I actually know they would not.  I dont condone harassment. I do believethat if the rape occured post program you would be in a stronger position to deal with it then you were before hand.  
But you cannot honestly believe that spreading or allowing the spread of misinformation is going to have any long term lasting effect against these places.  They need to be exposed for what they are and back it all up with facts and data.  If you try to fool people with lies then the whole site loses its credibility.

Okay thewho or John.  How do you explain this post?  You failed to answer how going to HLA helped Lacey deal with her rape.

Thanks guest , the trolls are out in full force.

If you read back you will see that Lacey never said her stay at HLA helped her with her rape (at least I couldnt find where she stated that).  You would have to ask her if the program helped her get through it or not.  What I said is that kids that attend programs fair much better with what life has to throw at them then before the program (and better than kids who never attended a program).  So if Laceys raped occurred post program she would be better equipped to handle it emotionally then if it occurred before the program.  The programs teach you that you are in control of your own life and that you can make of it what you want.  You don’t need input from others or approval from others to succeed.  Kids mature and grow emotionally at a much faster rate during their time there and learn a great deal about themselves.  This inner strength allows them to more easily fight off some of the rough patches along the way.  Those of you who have completed the program know what I am talking about.  Anyone who has ever worked in a crisis center knows how traumatic a rape or personal violation/abuse can be on a person especially a young person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »

She never mentioned any rape. You're the one that specifically brought a hypothetical rape in the future in to your twisted commentary.
John, that's an understandable one for you to try and backpedal away from. You can't.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »

She never mentioned any rape. You're the one that specifically brought a hypothetical rape in the future in to your twisted commentary.
John, that's an understandable one for you to try and backpedal away from. You can't.

If you think I am the one who brought it up then show me the post and we can examine it.  I stand behind what I say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »
...while it's in the middle of the quote...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
Read what you wrote. I know you write a lot of shit and it stinks to have to slog you're way through it. Hint boldunderlinedlarge
Wanna see it in technicolor?
Stay on the topic you raised of how you think these programs help kids hypothetical future rapes with humiliation and degradation.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »
I already responded to that  Response

If you read back you will see that Lacey never said her stay at HLA helped her with her rape (at least I couldnt find where she stated that). You would have to ask her if the program helped her get through it or not. What I said is that kids that attend programs fair much better with what life has to throw at them then before the program (and better than kids who never attended a program). So if Laceys raped occurred post program she would be better equipped to handle it emotionally then if it occurred before the program. The programs teach you that you are in control of your own life and that you can make of it what you want. You don’t need input from others or approval from others to succeed. Kids mature and grow emotionally at a much faster rate during their time there and learn a great deal about themselves. This inner strength allows them to more easily fight off some of the rough patches along the way. Those of you who have completed the program know what I am talking about. Anyone who has ever worked in a crisis center knows how traumatic a rape or personal violation/abuse can be on a person especially a young person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2009, 09:18:27 PM »
Quote from: "guest"
So Lacey, I think it is awful that that had to happen to you.  I do not condone that treatment.  I dont think all schools would do the same thing and I actually know they would not.  I dont condone harassment. I do believethat if the rape occured post program you would be in a stronger position to deal with it then you were before hand.  But you cannot honestly believe that spreading or allowing the spread of misinformation is going to have any long term lasting effect against these places.  They need to be exposed for what they are and back it all up with facts and data.  If you try to fool people with lies then the whole site loses its credibility.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »
I do believethat if the rape occured post program you would be in a stronger position to deal with it then you were before hand.
[/size]

Yes,I wrote that and Yes, I do believe that kids are better prepared for what life throws at them post program.  I think that you keep missing the response.  I stand behind what I say. If this isnt the answer you like then write your own and sign it "theWho" . It works well for other people, give it a try.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
Care to explore in depth the fact that you posted your shitty commentary following her testimonial about the humiliating and degrading abuse inflicted on kids regarding their trauma history?
Or (since you’re rearing up on you hind legs and all)…the part where yet again you try to imply that another survivor is lying when they speak out about abusive treatment in programs.
hint it's right after the bold underlined brightly colored hypothetical rape in your quote

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2009, 09:36:49 PM »
being in a program in no way helps people through rough patches later on. In fact, programs focus on and imbue a sense of powerlessness if absent a strong authority, or under fire by an authority figure. it's almost clockwork orange-like. HLA really drives in the notion that one is powerless to change oneself and must rely on a higher power; that higher power psychologically imprinted into HLA student's minds as being HLA itself. Through tactical use of the restrictions and fallout systems, the notion that HLA is god himself is subconsciously imprinted into every kid's mind. HLA becomes a force which controls every aspect of the kid's life; please it and you will be rewarded, anger it and you will be punished, and sometimes just as with the real god, you are subject to random acts of cruelty.

one of the lasting effects of programs is chronic psychological damage. PTSD and related anxiety disorders seem to be most common, followed by depression induced by program-connotated triggers.

Some of my friends from the program have developed serious issues with anxiety directly as a result of their experiences at HLA. anytime they are put into a position of powerlessness e.g being yelled at by someone bigger or more powerful than they are, or when doing something an authority figure disapproves of, they break down into an extremely paranoid and anxious state. one kid i know even has an ulcer developed almost entirely from constant, baseless fear and paranoia imprinted into his mind at HLA.

quite a few people i know cannot function independently. they require constant attention and routine along with a strong authority presence in their lives. without it, they kinda wallow around drinking and doing drugs like russians after the fall of communism.

so your point about kids being more in control of their own lives as a result of the program is mute. They may have a tougher skin as far as their ability to withstand abuse; they are masters of "checking out" - they did so for 18 months -  but they are most definitely not better off.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2009, 09:38:37 PM »
Quote from: "guest"
So Lacey, I think it is awful that that had to happen to you.  I do not condone that treatment.  I dont think all schools would do the same thing and I actually know they would not.  I dont condone harassment. I do believethat if the rape occured post program you would be in a stronger position to deal with it then you were before hand.  But you cannot honestly believe that spreading or allowing the spread of misinformation is going to have any long term lasting effect against these places. They need to be exposed for what they are and back it all up with facts and data.  If you try to fool people with lies then the whole site loses its credibility.

or you could go back to "warning her into silence about the possibility of being trolled
We all know thewho the hell you are John.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
Care to explore in depth the fact that you posted your shitty commentary following her testimonial about the humiliating and degrading abuse inflicted on kids regarding their trauma history?
Or (since you’re rearing up on you hind legs and all)…the part where yet again you try to imply that another survivor is lying when they speak out about abusive treatment in programs.
hint it's right after the bold underlined brightly colored hypothetical rape in your quote

The problem is you jumped into the middle of a conversation and are trying to make sense of it.  Read the posts leading up to it try to grasp what we were talking about.  Everyone else who followed along understands.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
Quote from: "ai wrong"
being in a program in no way helps people through rough patches later on. In fact, programs focus on and imbue a sense of powerlessness if absent a strong authority, or under fire by an authority figure. it's almost clockwork orange-like. HLA really drives in the notion that one is powerless to change oneself and must rely on a higher power; that higher power psychologically imprinted into HLA student's minds as being HLA itself. Through tactical use of the restrictions and fallout systems, the notion that HLA is god himself is subconsciously imprinted into every kid's mind. HLA becomes a force which controls every aspect of the kid's life; please it and you will be rewarded, anger it and you will be punished, and sometimes just as with the real god, you are subject to random acts of cruelty.

one of the lasting effects of programs is chronic psychological damage. PTSD and related anxiety disorders seem to be most common, followed by depression induced by program-connotated triggers...

Some of my friends from the program have developed serious issues with anxiety directly as a result of their experiences at HLA. anytime they are put into a position of powerlessness e.g being yelled at by someone bigger or more powerful than they are, or when doing something an authority figure disapproves of, they break down into an extremely paranoid and anxious state. one kid i know even has an ulcer developed almost entirely from constant, baseless fear and paranoia imprinted into his mind at HLA.
Well at least this portion is based on a true story.

Quote from: "ai wrong"
quite a few people i know cannot function independently. they require constant attention and routine along with a strong authority presence in their lives. without it, they kinda wallow around drinking and doing drugs like russians after the fall of communism.

so your point about kids being more in control of their own lives as a result of the program is mute. They may have a tougher skin as far as their ability to withstand abuse; they are masters of "checking out" - they did so for 18 months -  but they are most definitely not better off
Cognitive dissonance