Author Topic: HLA Facebook Groups  (Read 31127 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Facebook Groups
« on: May 19, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »
"Anti-HLA" Group - 276 members
"Neutral" Group - 164 members

It says a lot.  These are interesting groups with lots of wall posts and discussions.  Good read.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HLA Facebook Groups
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »
I have a child at HLA right now and I wish I would have seen this information a long time ago.  My child graduates soon and can't wait.  This guy is a fraud!!!
Just to let you know, HLA has cut therapeutic staff considerably, property is up for sale on June 2nd (nearly 200 acres) and the walls are coming down!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 06:34:39 PM »
You wouldnt by any chance have the email Len sent out to all the parents would you? We're all interested to see how he's spinning this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
Quote from: "mad mom"
I have a child at HLA right now and I wish I would have seen this information a long time ago.  My child graduates soon and can't wait.  This guy is a fraud!!!
Just to let you know, HLA has cut therapeutic staff considerably, property is up for sale on June 2nd (nearly 200 acres) and the walls are coming down!

Dear MADMOM,
I would be curious to find out how you found Fornits and as RobertBruce, I would also be interested to know how you found out about the bankruptcy...which is under another topic in this thread.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »
From one of "my kids" who was at HLA fifteen years ago:

"I'm doing well. Like most of the others, I left HLA much worse for the wear. I got into drugs really soon after, and ended up strung out on heroin and homeless within a year of leaving. Then, I woke up one day and got my shit together. Got clean and went back to school. I was working in real estate in (REDACTED) for awhile, and decided I didn't want to work in an office anymore, so I got a teaching certification in ESL and now I get paid to travel around the world making ridiculous money (by local standards, anyway) and work 20 hours a week.

I'm in (REDACTED) now, which I love. Trying to get a job at a university which will allow me to get my masters paid for. Cross your fingers for me!

I just wanna say thank you for doing what you did. Not only getting the place shut down, which will save soooo many kids from having to live through that shit, but for being one of the good counselors there. I don't know if you guys realize how much those of you that treated us like human beings and not total fuck ups helped us make it out with at least some semblance of sanity left. So, cheers."

And we're supposed to believe these "bad" kids were "helped" by HLA?

I'm still sad, angry and confused about how this place was allowed to ruin so many lives.  But each one of "my kids" who leads a happy, successful life in spite of HLA fills a small hole in my life.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »
Sure do.  

May 15, 2009
 Dear Parents and Consultants:
As you know, Hidden Lake Academy (“HLA”) began operating in 1994. HLA provides a unique approach to working with adolescents experiencing serious struggles with emotional and behavioral issues. HLA continually strives to provide its students with a superior academic, counseling, and therapeutic environment. During the last three years, HLA faced a severe legal attack on its ability to continue its mission. The litigation alleged various contractual related claims. As a result of this litigation, HLA incurred substantial legal fees that were not covered by insurance. During the litigation, student enrollment declined because HLA’s referral base was faced with voluminous discovery requests. This caused the referral base to incur legal fees and reduced their willingness to refer students to HLA. During this difficult time, HLA always maintained its unique educational, counseling, and therapeutic services. The good news is the parties reached an agreement resolving the litigation. Additionally, HLA has reestablished itself with its referral base, which is once again, solidly supportive of HLA and its educational mission. HLA continues to work through challenging financial situations caused by both the financial burden of litigation, and the overall downturn in the economy. At this time, HLA has worked diligently to resolve many of the financial burdens that resulted from the litigation. However, HLA has been unable to resolve issues with one of its lenders. HLA elected to take a proactive approach to resolve its issues by filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to reorganize its affairs. Chapter 11 is a business reorganization process. HLA will continue to operate both during and after the reorganization process. HLA will continue to provide the highest quality educational, clinical, and therapeutic services on an uninterrupted basis to its students. HLA is engaging in ongoing negations with potential lenders and is confident in its ability to address its financial issue. I know that each of you remains concerned about your child’s education and well-being. Let me take this opportunity to reassure each and every parent that everyone at HLA remains fully committed to continuing to provide the same superior academic, counseling and therapeutic services to its students it has since 1994. Our commitment is and will remain steadfast. I would like to personally thank each of you for your continued support during this challenging time. I am sure that this process will go smoothly and that your child will continue to thrive and excel at HLA. Sincerely, Len Buccellato, Ph.D.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
This man is a piece of work.  He is totally insane.  We have spoken with several educational consultants, who have spoken to other educational consultants and so on, and this man is nuts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »
Is Buccellato delusional??

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 04:40:08 PM »
HLA is engaging in ongoing negations with potential lenders and is confident in its ability to address its financial issue.

Transcription error? ...Or Freudian slip, on the part of Buccellato?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »
Quote from: "guest33"
This man is a piece of work.  He is totally insane.  We have spoken with several educational consultants, who have spoken to other educational consultants and so on, and this man is nuts.
He is not only nuts, he is desperate and dilusional; and most of the ed cons are beginning to finally admit it. There are still some die-hards, like Nancy Cadwallader and Martha Kolbe, to mention a few, who will support him to the end. But the end, ladies, is near. Nancy and her 110 year old mom continue to send kids there out of stupidity, and the nice kickbacks they used to get when Bucchi was flush. What's your excuse, Martha?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 05:07:56 PM »
At this time, HLA has worked diligently to resolve many of the financial burdens that resulted from the litigation.

Well, since 2005, I have worked diligently to nail your sorry ass to the wall...and it is far from over...

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

"I'm doing well. Like most of the others, I left HLA much worse for the wear. I got into drugs really soon after, and ended up strung out on heroin and homeless within a year of leaving. Then, I woke up one day and got my shit together. Got clean and went back to school. I was working in real estate in (REDACTED) for awhile, and decided I didn't want to work in an office anymore, so I got a teaching certification in ESL and now I get paid to travel around the world making ridiculous money (by local standards, anyway) and work 20 hours a week.

I'm in (REDACTED) now, which I love. Trying to get a job at a university which will allow me to get my masters paid for. Cross your fingers for me!

I just wanna say thank you for doing what you did. Not only getting the place shut down, which will save soooo many kids from having to live through that shit, but for being one of the good counselors there. I don't know if you guys realize how much those of you that treated us like human beings and not total fuck ups helped us make it out with at least some semblance of sanity left. So, cheers."

I'm still sad, angry and confused about how this place was allowed to ruin so many lives.  But each one of "my kids" who leads a happy, successful life in spite of HLA fills a small hole in my life.

Almost missed this.  HLA would be glad to get that feedback, also, I would bet.  I know the kids think they have succeeded in spite of the place and that’s okay. The important thing is they are doing well.  Its not easy getting thru those years and even harder going thru the program.  But in the long run it pays off as is evident when we get feed back like in the above letter.
Thanks for sharing that.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 06:54:32 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

Almost missed this.  HLA would be glad to get that feedback, also, I would bet.  I know the kids think they have succeeded in spite of the place and that’s okay. The important thing is they are doing well.  Its not easy getting thru those years and even harder going thru the program.  But in the long run it pays off as is evident when we get feed back like in the above letter.
Thanks for sharing that.

Why would HLA be glad to get feedback of a kid falling on her face and becoming a heroin addict after the program when she never touched drugs in her life before that?  What she said is that the program hurt her very deeply, but in time she overcame the damage done to her by Bentz, et al, but that her only glimpse of hope was the one staff member who was different - kind, supportive and caring.  You've misread this woman's narrative.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »
Yes, that's true.  She has told me that "the program" ruined her life for many years, strained and broke her family relationships and led her into very severe drug addiction.  I don't think that's the kind of press HLA is looking for (call me crazy).  But, to be fair, there were a couple of other good staff too, but they got sqeezed out by the hacks from CEDU, like Rudy, Jill, Dean, Lauralyn, the phony "Dr. Sisk" and Len himself.  I am really proud of this woman, though, and have a lot of respect for her, too.  Plus she happens to be really cool and that doesn't hurt!
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
...or maybe all the above posts are just a bunch of made up BS. It's a shame that people take unverified dicussion post banter as gospel.  "15 years ago" someone was screwed up by HLA. Gimme a break!  I don't think the school is even that old.