Author Topic: going to rehab for ptsd?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
going to rehab for ptsd?
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »
i cant sleep and been having a tough time. i dont have any money but im hoping i can find some kind of rehab or something because ive also developed a bad alcohol habit. i dont think therapy will work because i think i need to live in a new place with people who are helpful . need to know if anyone has found success in treatment after the program?????????????????????????
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: going to rehab for ptsd?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »
That was a pretty lame attempt at a joke, but one of the symptoms of PTSD is a lack of a sense of humor, so I'm going to give you a break. It's quite common for people to try to make light of things that scare them. I think it's pretty clear that those who mock and demean victims of abuse are usually battling their own demons.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
That was a pretty lame attempt at a joke, but one of the symptoms of PTSD is a lack of a sense of humor, so I'm going to give you a break. It's quite common for people to try to make light of things that scare them. I think it's pretty clear that those who mock and demean victims of abuse are usually battling their own demons.

What is *not* funny, however, except in a sick sad way, is that 12 step now has groups for survivors, such as rape and incest survivors anonymous, etc.

Yes, I think these people are already in touch with powerlessness as it pertains to their trauma, thank you. What exactly kind of chip do you get for that, anyway?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:35:52 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
What is *not* funny, however, except in a sick sad way, is that 12 step now has groups for survivors, such as rape and incest survivors anonymous, etc.

Yes, I think these people are already in touch with powerlessness as it pertains to their trauma, thank you. What exactly kind of chip do you get for that, anyway?

Buffalo chips? · · ·  :seg: · ·
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
Step 2 might also be a challenge. "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
If God is so omnipotent and omniscient that he will "restore these people to sanity" on request, where the hell was he when they were getting raped by their dads on a regular basis? Oh, that's right, I almost forgot about "Footprints"... during those years they lived in terror in their own homes, crying themselves to sleep every night, it was then God was carrying them.  ???
I read a really disturbing statistic that 46% of incest survivors are abused by their therapists. You just know those 'victims of abuse' meetings will be swarming with sick perverts and pedophiles on the hunt for vulnerable prey.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:03:05 AM »
Step 2 might also be a challenge. "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
If God is so omnipotent and omniscient that he will "restore these people to sanity" on request, where the hell was he when they were getting raped by their dads on a regular basis? Oh, that's right, I almost forgot about "Footprints"... during those years they lived in terror in their own homes, crying themselves to sleep every night, it was then God was carrying them.  ???
I read a really disturbing statistic that 46% of incest survivors are abused by their therapists. You just know those 'victims of abuse' meetings will be swarming with sick perverts and pedophiles on the hunt for vulnerable prey.
     While reading the Perennial Philosophy (A. Huxley), it occurred to me that “the god within” might just be an unhealthy introject. For info on abusive therapists...
http://website.lineone.net/~vex/How%20T ... 0Abuse.htm
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:30:54 AM »
Quote from: "lit8942"
i cant sleep and been having a tough time. i dont have any money but im hoping i can find some kind of rehab or something because ive also developed a bad alcohol habit. i dont think therapy will work because i think i need to live in a new place with people who are helpful . need to know if anyone has found success in treatment after the program?????????????????????????

http://wellspringretreat.org/index.php
You might find that interesting.  It's a retreat for survivors of cultic abuse and abusive 12 step groups.

Others on fornits swear by TBPITW (the best pot in the world).  Your results may vary.  Worked well for me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »

Others on fornits swear by TBPITW (the best pot in the world).  Your results may vary.  Worked well for me.

Hell yes! TBPITW not only helps but also actually CURES Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder/Syndrome!  In fact, smoking marijuana is the ONLY WAY to successfully overcome PTSS/PTSD that was induced by Straight, Inc.   I don't know about PTSD caused by other programs, but if you were in Straight, then THE ONLY HOPE IS DOPE..............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
Quote from: "lit8942"

http://wellspringretreat.org/index.php
You might find that interesting.  It's a retreat for survivors of cultic abuse and abusive 12 step groups.

thanks for the info, i had never heard of that place before... it looks pretty nice. i have to say though i can't afford this type of retreat (as wellspring calls themselves on their website) but wish i could. i think the only rehab i can get into because of lack of health insurance and money is some kind of community run program. but seriously thank you so much for your research that was way cool of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

as far as tbpitw being a cure, i wish i had enough but i dont have enough money to maintain a steady supply... id grow it myself but i fear being placed in a state run adult program for naughty druggies (jail).. then i'd be at square one all over again.

if people dont like this subject or whatever then we can change this thread more into a thread where people discuss things that help them not to dwell and relive the past constantly. sometimes i feel like my current life isn't real.. like i died way back when and this is just a dream. or maybe i never woke up from that ego destroying shroom trip way back when.. guess ill never know.

thanks though everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :seg:  :cheers:  :waaaa:  :notworthy: