Author Topic: peer group 80..question  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
peer group 80..question
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:28:25 AM »
if this place gets sued for strip searches i expect to see some money. this place was trashy, and mark keith is a piece of trash. the things he did, interventions, the old school ones not the easy ones, were awful. I hope he rots in hell. Lance Henson finally quit and realized being able to tell kids what to do does not actually make him a powerful person. And Lee Parham is still working there...wow...that guy was hilarious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: peer group 80..question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:02:06 AM »
they are being sued. you are waay behind. and no, you wont be getting any money. youre a little late to sign the documents. by like two years. The school is on the brink of foreclosure, in case you didnt hear.

If you think the "old school" interventions were bad then you're a fuckin pussy. I was on the very first one, the hardest one. mark keith is one of the few decent people working there. he may be a little rough, but he's a highly decorated army ranger, what do you expect? What you went through on the intervention is a stroll in the park for him and his buddies. think about that - maybe it's not him that's fucked up, it's you thats weak. the interventions were one of the few good things there, as hard as they were, they were very helpful. quit whining about someone making you hike a few miles in the freezing rain on a couple hours of sleep and MREs. it's not that bad. i do that shit for fun now any chance i get oftentimes alone. at least in RCI they would check up on you every day, every couple hours and ensure you are medically OK; unlike alot of other programs. Before the intervention i didnt think i was capable of alot of things, including finding my way through miles of mountainous bush in the dark during a snow/ice storm. You're just spoiled and would rather sit inside playing computer games all day long. good for you. there were messed up things going on at HLA and RCI but mark keith and the interventions were not one of them.

Lee Parham is a piece of Ham. does he still get drunk everyday around 3pm? Lee was also one of the few slightly good people there. not good, but not bad either. unless you consider working there makes you bad....which would mean that Hawley Stevens and Richard Prow among a few others are also bad which i would have to disagree with. there are bad people there....Klee hall, rob hyde, hollowhead, bucci, John mcmillon (oooh i'd love to punch his fakeass face in one day), among others. Lee was not nearly as bad as them.

The problems were not with the strip searches. Nor with the powertripping staff. Anybody, including (and probably especially) yourself, will end up on a powertrip if you started working there. the problem is with the crooked administration, crooked finances, crooked intake procedures, lack of real education, bad nutrition, and the general structure and ideology behind the "theraputic" side of the program e.g forcing people to admit to addiction when they are not addicts, the fallout system and everything that goes along with it, the philosophy ("break you down make you submit") behind earth element, feeding people lies in ATOD, confrontational therapy, disclosure therapy, etc etc. the strip searches are just an accessory, kinda like a hair pin or handbag on one big fat ugly overfed on fried chicken southern big bertha thing-woman aka HLA. dont go after the handbag, go after the person wearing it, know what i mean?

I can tell you just got out. wait a few months the haze of bullshit they forced on you will lift and things will change for you. hopefully it wont take too long for you to realize what was and what was not bullshit, and to let go of your immature grudges and attitudes. HLA froze you where you were in your development when you got there and created this whole new persona for you; which i can tell you every single HLA grad/dropee is angry about. but you have to let go of that anger, along with forgeting about everything that happened to you and was taught to you at HLA if you want to move on and live a functional life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:11:02 AM »
Quote from: "guestie"
one big fat ugly overfed on fried chicken southern big bertha thing-woman aka HLA.

one word. one name.

AFTEN.
 :cheers:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Some More Recent Message Board Posts
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 03:05:45 PM »
http://amazingforums.com/forum/BS4/323.html

BLT  posted 2/23/07 6:03 PM    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I intend to get involved with this lawsuit asap. This school needs to be shut down. The people who work there are sick and anybody who defends it is just as sick. So much shit goes on there and it needs to stop. I wouldnt wich HLA upon my worst enemy. Luckily my parents realized what this school was up to and pulled me.  
RAMBO  posted 6/21/07 6:19 PM    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLA WAS BUILT FOR ONE REASON; MONEY! THE FOUNDERS KNEW THEY COULD USE (MANIPULATION) TO CONVINCE DESPERATE AND EXHAUSTED PARENTS THAT HLA COULD SAVE THEIR CHILDREN. BROCHURES MAKE IT OUT TO BE A SUMMER CAMP. IN REALITY ITS A BOOTCAMP. I NEVER GOT PHONE CALLS FROM MY SON AND WHEN I DID THEY WOULD ABRUPTLY INTERRUPT AND SAY HE WAS HAVING TROUPLE EXPRESSING HIMSELF, SO ON AND SO ON. HE LATER SHOWED ME LETTERS I HAD WRITTEN HIM WITH MARKER LINES THROUGH WHOLE PARAGRAPHS. THE INTENTION OF THE STAFF HAS ALWAYS WORRIED ME. MONEY AND CONTROL SEEM TO EXCITE THESE PEOPLE. HMMM. THE COUNSELORS WOULD CALL AND LIE EVERY PHONE CALL. EITHER HE IS BAD AND THATS WHY HE NEEDS THE STRUCTURE. OR HES DOING GREAT AND THATS WHY HE SHOULD STAY, HES GROWING. I WAS NEVER INFORMED OF RESTRICTIONS OR CHALLENGES, WORK PROJECTS, SMOKE SESSIONS, FALL OUTS, ISO. IF YOU PULL YOUR CHILD YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR DEPOSIT AND FORGET ABOUT TRANSCRIPS. HLA'S BIGGEST ALLY IS BY FAR THE EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANTS. THEY HAVE FINANCIAL AGREEMENTS BETWEEN EACHOTHER. BASICALLY IF SO AND SO GOES TO HLA BECAUSE OF A CERTAIN ED CONSULTANT RECCOMENDATION THAT CONSULTANT GETS PAID WITH YOUR CHILDS TUITION. ALSO HLA FITS MORE OF A MOLD FOR EMOTIONALLY DISTURBED CHILDREN, CUTTERS SUICIDALS ETC. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY YOUR CHILD CAN ATTEND. THEY ACCEPT ANYONE AND EVERYONE. THEY HAVE DO AND WILL MANIPULATE THE FAMILIES. THAT IS THE EXACT THING THEY ACCUSE THE CHILDREN OF. THEY LIMIT CONTACT WITH THE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES SO THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON, ONLY WHAT THEY TELL YOU IS GOING ON. IF YOU TRULY DISLIKE YOUR CHILD SEND THEM TO HLA, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HELP THEM RE-EVALUATE YOUR OPTIONS.  
MS  posted 6/12/08 7:45 AM    
I went to HLA and I have more physical and
psychological problems now than I have ever had in
my life. I had to get on medication for stomach
problems, anxiety and panic attacks, and another
disorder I wish not to mention. I now attend the
University of Florida, and I have had close to a 4.0
GPA my entire life. So, I am not some person who is
rebelling and sending out hate messages to
everyone that worked there. All I know is that place
does more damage than anyone who didn't go
there could possibly understand. It's illegal. It's
sadistic. It's just wrong to treat kids that way. I
know people that came out of there just fine, but
for people like me who had a pretty damn good life
going into that place, the end result is very VERY
sad.  
concerned  posted 7/26/08 8:15 PM        
Do not believe the horror stories. Do not believe the kids who say they were mistreated or harmed. Kids there go to class, hike, play music, see movies, have three basically nuturitional meals, have group therapy. They laugh, enjoy each other and have some excellent teachers and counselors. On the other hand the administration is incompetent, greedy, unethical, and twisted. Fortunately most of that does not trickle down to the students directly. What does is the lack of equipment, materials and the level of competency of teachers. There are not enought text books, but the administration hires a developent director to plan fund raisers for unneeded items. No one knows how much money is raised, so there is no accountability. Competent people are fired when they realize what is going on and those who stay are complicit in the misuse of funds, the mismanagement of records and the napoleonic leadership of the president.

Justin Hamilton  posted 7/31/08 0:56 AM    
I agree totally with the last statement and will add that the school has a provisional license and falsifies information to maintain accreditation. It has also covered up an sexual abuse problem with a counselor who resigned and then helped the male student with whom he had a relationship run away from the school. The counselor had been allowed to take the student off campus numerous times without other staff supervision. They falsify information to make the school look more successful than it is.  
JC  posted 8/13/08 9:27 PM    
Understanding your frustrations please take some time to cool down and grow up. Being a part of PG47 I have had first hand experience of what HLA can bring an individual. Stephanie and I can confirm many horror stories, such as limited of food intake during “restrictions” or beatings that occurred during nightfall. Due to extreme conditions HLA was forced to evaluate every candidate on an individual basis. These being a side note I still consider myself a success because of HLA. If my parents didn’t care enough about me to send me to a place like HLA I would either be dead or working a dead end job. As of today I am an aeronautical engineer designing cutting edge technology on a military contract for Lockheed Martin. No I am not in the military but I develop super sonic aircrafts for the government. With that said I am also a sponsored Body Builder hoping to go pro in the next few years. None of this would be a reality if it weren’t for people such as the counselors’ at HLA or especially my family. So all you little kids who are still trying to figure out how to grow up, HLA provided the tools, it’s whether or not you use them for you’re benefit.  
Mary  posted 8/27/08 3:55 AM    
Whoa!

First of all, to the "Mother" who thought it appropriate to call posters 'little brats' that 'sicken' you: nice mouth lady. You come across as super maternal and caring...Christ.
Second of all, the "horror stories" are probably a mixed bag of truths and hyperbole, but some of them ARE true, and as long as you're willing to send your kid somewhere like HLA it is your responsibility as a parent to take them all seriously... unless your child's safety ranks low on your priority list. It seems a bit strange that some of you are claiming the program works wonders on one hand, while accusing the students on whom these wonders were worked of lying and manipulating on the other...
Third, survivors: If you have a story to tell and want to be taken seriously at all, you really need to express yourselves with civility and maturity... and spell check. Why did you post here? To bitch and threaten and use profanity to the point where it carries no meaning? OR, did you post here to educate some people, maybe get your point across to a confused parent, and hopefully save some kids from going through what you went through?
Finally, while it is obviously not literally the worst place in the world, the truth is this: HLA IS a horrible place where mentally, if not physically traumatic events occur.
Heres another hot tip: Soylent green is PEOPLE

mj  posted 9/5/08 10:24 PM    
I think it is very sad when a parent gives up on their
child and sends them to a place like HLA. I know of
a child who was sent there and I am very scared for
them after reading all of the posts. This child was a
good kid, his parents(dad) expected way too much
out of him and didn't want to be bothered. Its a lot
easier sending a check every month than parenting.
I only hope and pray this kid makes it out of HLA
o.k  
MN  posted 9/24/08 3:15 AM    
Philip Zimbardo: How ordinary people become
monsters ... or heroes
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/philip_zimbar
do_on_the_psychology_of_evil.html
"TED Ideas worth spreading"
http://www.ted.com  
MN  posted 10/9/08 4:56 AM    
PBS- Discovering Psychology-Constructing social
reality
Part 1-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=pMxbnrxM1o8&feature=PlayList&p=27A1F8DFD
AD77088&index=57
(look below the video under "video responses" for
the next part)  
paul frazell pg 79  posted 10/9/08 5:33 PM    
i went to HLA and i was in PG 79.. lookin back i can agree that it wasnt that bad.. but i cant understand any one who would hand over parenting responsibilities to a company. these parents who claim that all the abuse, physical and mental, that is reported is false have 2 be out of their minds. listening in on phone conversations to monitor what is being said, not allowing visits, its all ridiculous. im from california and unlike most families that send their kids there mine isnt wealthy. my parents came for a visit and it was denied. how can a company tell a family that they cant see their son or daughter. i had a councilor tell me to my face that i wasnt going to do any thing with my life. that doesnt sound like the advice a grown man should be telling a 16 year old. so me and a friend from 78 ran away and make it back home. dont believe their shit i never went to a lock down or jail and i graduated from high school and now play college basketball and live in an apartment with some of my teammates. things with my family have never been better and it not from sending me away to a place that does the parenting for you. its from kids and PARENTS taking resosibility for their choices. these people who send their kids there seem to be under the impression that its their kids fault but, it works both ways. i cant pawn my responsibilities on any one else so why do these parents think its ok for them to do so.  
Cuminhand  posted 2/19/09 10:57 PM    
I went to hidden lake academy and recently graduated. One time when I had done nothing wrong and passed a drug test they later came back and made it so I falied for marijuana they gave me no reason for this and I was punished as if I had done drugs on campus.  
hla  posted 3/30/09 8:10 AM    
I have been a student at hla for over a year and will
be graduating next month. While being at hla has
raised my gpa (im a straight A student), I have not
learned a single thing in school. Class periods are
spent sleeping or reading magizines. no teaching
occurs. when an education consultant come in to
tour our school we are all told to "Sit up and
pretend to be learning smething" until they are out
of the building. it is sad how misleading the tours
are. I took a tour of hla before i was enrolled there.
They told me that students go on trips every
weekend. In the year that i have been there, i have
been taken on one off campus trip
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »
welcome back, DJ.  Nice seeing you around again.  Long time no see.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)