Author Topic: Program songs  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Program songs
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:36 PM »
(1) I am Straight... I am invincible
(2) Good ole Rocky Top - John Denver
(3) Yesterday Morning - James Taylor
(4) Gilligan's Island

Please continue to list the screwed up songs we were forced to sing like trained pets

Botched
:peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Program songs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:46:56 PM »
(5) "Do Lord" (this heinous piece of shit was ghey with a capital "gh.")

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »
Zippity Fucking Do Da......a simple Disney (Uncle Reamus I think) song forever stained/soiled....sad kinda. It is one reason I am glad I never spawned...so many of the songs we sang were ones sung to children. Gawd it must be horrible to hear a gleefull child come home singing Zippity Do Da and HAVE to sing it, so not to disturb a child....my guts would be in knots.

Pick a Bale of Cotton Not a song one would hear on the top40 or Americam Idol. I recal once we had a black member in our group. I once thought he was the first, but found out he was not the first black person in Strtaight Inc. Any way, Liz Casidy was enamoured with him, her brother was his OC...Anyway, she had him sing the song infront of the group doing some sort of soft shoe. At the time, it brought a bit of levity to the group....But how degrading. He would have alot to discuss with the NAACP. One black child in a ware house with 350-375 white children and then made to sing and dance for all the white folk.....Oh man and Ms.Pete paraded him around like he was the fucking golden child...but looking back he could have just as well had a chain on his neck and Ms.Pete had an organ grinder...Dispicable

Amazing Grace. Now I am not of the christan faith, but this song has in the past caused quite a stir in ny internal landscape. I remeber sitting at a friends wedding and the song was sung (beautifully). The duplicity was unnerving as hell. A truely well written song, gorgeious voice and she might as well been raking her fingers acros a chalk board. Why all the internal fuss? I dont really think I need explain.

Grand Ole Flag ugh

This land is your land

If your happy and ya know it See this kinda shit is just fucking wrong on soooo many levels. Forced to sing a song that says if your "Happy and ya know it your face will surely show it"....Oh Gawd!!! faces that hadn't seen the light of day iin months, dehydrated, starved, sleep deprived, sitting in our on swill and squaller in the  middle of August. Zits the size of quarters, eyes sunken back in dispair. Truely pathetic. Make sure ya stomp your feet!

This ole light of mine see above.

Do you see what I see In short no.

Oh Holy Night X-mas season is a rough time...I hate it, I don't go into stores because muzak playing always plays this song and others like it. I mean I am not christian but I would like to enjoy the season....But oh nooooooo!

Hey bend me over Don't remember the real name of the song, just remnants of how we butcherd it. This was a favorite to butcher "Hey bend me over and hand me a beer" It kinda summed up so many things A)I felt bent over B) although I never really drank, a beer sounded great 24/7

Now THE BEST SONG ever sung IMHO (as if) was the day 85 Day Jerk stood up and recited Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Word for word he simply stood there and recited the entire song. Myself and I think the entire group just sat there simply stunned. He as I recall wasnt asked to do it and if I recall properly it was in the middle of a rap. Probably one of the most surreal moments in my Straight Inc. memory. Off topic, but one of the funniest things 85DJ would do, with impacable timing, out of no where, in the middle of a rap or not, he would belt out "Guys Medication" in an instant 1/3 of the guys side would stand up and head towards the end of the rows of chairs. I recall seeing certain staff members faces at the moment he would say it. Ya could jyust see it on thier faces "Who/What the Fuck!" must of the guys new what was going on, but for a short time, staff hadnt a clue. Seems it went for a week or so before he was busted.

One of the most fascinating noise's I heard the group I was in, was a thing a staff member (Shit, can't recall her name)
She went down the rows and asigned each a letter of the alphabet. All at once each of us were instructed to say the assigned Letter we were given. We did as instructed...it was phenominal. In seconds the group sounded exactly like a tropical rain forrest. We did it once and one time only.

Another sound that I hear from time to time, and its only a sound, not a song. The sound of the doors opening, those big ass bay doors that opened up the side of both warehouses I was in. Several times I have been to places of buisiness that have those kind of doors and all of a sudden they open one of the doors. It's difficult to describe how that effects me the instant I hear that sound. It's even more difficult to explain how I am effected for the rest of the day.

The absolute worst sound I ever heard, a sound I feared and would make my bowels feel weak, was, my own name called out followed by "STAND UP". And believe me, there is nothing sweeter to me than my own name! Imagine, no, on second thought ya dont have to imagine it...ya lived it to....Being in a place for days, weeks, nonths, years and afraid to hear your own name called out followed by "STAND UP".

It amazes me how simple sounds can trigger such a responce so much latter. The damage runs that deep.

Nothing is worse than having a song stuck in your head, and isn't it odd that we know all the words to the songs we hate the most. Interesting post BP, so far I havent had the repetition of Zippity Do Da running thru my brain. But I would bet my last doughnut that someone will have one of "THOSE SONGS" stuck in a loop tween there ears before to long.

I hope you can sleep at night  with that on your councious LOL

Much Healing
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:37:55 PM »
Quote from: "Crucifucker"
Do lord, oh, do lord, oh, do you remember me?  :twofinger:

Ya owe me a doughnut Botched!!! :roflmao:

Much Peace
woof

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »
Broadway in St.Pete(Rodgers and Hammerstein defecating in their caskets)
1)Oh,what a beautiful morning!(I've got this wonderful feeling....that I'll never be getting the fuck out of here)
2)My favorite things(I left them all behind....now all I got is this place and my painted on smile)
3)Do Re Mi(Doe,a deer,a female deer....I'd do one of them if nobody was watching,eighteen years old and sixteen and a half months of no female contact,nothing is safe)
4)Climb Every Mountain(just being told my time was up and I could feel free to visit a Circle K would be fine by me)
5)If you're happy and you know it(lie if you're not or you're going on a refresher)
6)Wish we'd all been ready(who remembers this morbid piece of shit?)
7)Jingle Bells(every day you're straight is like christmas,which pretty much screws it up for me)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 01:29:26 AM »
What if God Was One of Us
Little Lies
Cocaine
anything by Sarah McLaughlin  ::puke::

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 05:35:40 AM »
You Light up my Life...What was this dong in my head just as I opened my eyes and put my feet on the floor @ 5am this morning....WHY????

Woof

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
You Light up my Life...What was this dong in my head just as I opened my eyes and put my feet on the floor @ 5am this morning....WHY????

Woof

Probably because you were dreaming about Straight, Inc.[/b], Woof!   It's true, Woof, Straight lights up all of our lives........

Love ya!

Have a seat..........
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »
As I age(not so gracefully),I grow to appreciate the sounds of "old Blue Eyes" Frank Sinatra.Frank made "High Hopes"famous.I have to click off that little novelty on my Sinatra collection as it keeps reminding me of bathroom breaks at you-know-where.Everyknows that ants can't move a rubber tree plant,but can one misguided soul get that freaking place out of his mind?

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »
We did this a couple years ago too.. some eerie memories are attached to those songs. And it always reminds me of being restrained on the floor (as if that wasn't every day).... I was the only misbehaver that didn't know any rock songs to try and yell out between the giant disgusting hand covering my mouth......

Anyhow here goes:

You are my Sunshine
Country Roads
Straight is it
Row, Row, Row, your boat
take me out to the ball game
We don't have a barrel of money, we may look ragged and funny.. just going along singing my song.. (something)
Gilligan's Island
(and several TV songs)
Hey Look me over, lend me a hand...(or  something)
Crocodile rock
Time in a Bottle

That's all I got for now

Peace2uall!

PS: I got an A + bonus points on my paper for English about Programs like Straight. Now Human Anatomy and physiology is grr... tough! But, I finally feel like I am able to identify myself through my present self and abilities.... instead of all the horrible things I had been through over my life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
lunchroom muzak nightmares
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
I'm on the...top of the wo-o-o-orld lookin'  ..down on creation..  ::puke::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 03:45:15 PM »
Alice the Camel...in honor of that ugly bitch Alice Bowen Rollins