Author Topic: tough stains to wash out  (Read 1378 times)

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
tough stains to wash out
« on: October 09, 2002, 06:33:00 AM »
Remember all the crap about how straight saved our lives and it's alot tougher on the streets. Tough love, never trust them, they will always be druggies. Maybe 15 years ago, when i did my stench at 33rd street, while walking to my cell, I saw an old straight newcomer of mine by the name of Steve, he gave straight so much hell that they sat on him his whole stay. While in jail I found out steve was giving them trouble and basicly was in lock down, while mowing the jail's yard I heard a thump on a window, looked in and another straight victim Matt was incarcerated. Well, jail felt like heaven compared to straight, why is this. I hate jail and most of all really hate straight. Whenever I think life is at it's worse, i think of straight and feel better. Hey, at least they gave me that. All my druggie friends say i changed after straight, i know i did and for some reason it is hard to change. I will always have a little bit of straight in me unfortunately, i hate that place. We all band together to stick it back to them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
tough stains to wash out
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 11:19:00 AM »
Straight seems like a splinter you keep trying to dig out. What's so weird is that my so called druggie friends are very successful adults today, and are nice people...Come to think of it, I'm hard-pressed to find anyone my age who didn't do some type of drug back in the 80's. Very few and far between.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 01:59:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:59:28 AM by shaneunc »

Offline enough

• View Profile
tough stains to wash out
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2002, 05:11:00 PM »
I really like the splinter analogy.

The real key, in my opinion, is to get past the whole drug thing. What happened inside the program had little or nothing to do with drugs persay.

The program existed as a grand social experiment, an attempt to change the way that people think and behave. It was a backlash against the liberalism of the 60's.
It represented a very few people's resentment that their kids were listening to rock music and wearing black tee shirts.

The drug aspect of it was cover for the intended purpose- to grow the political base of the neo-con movement. Once you come to this understanding, once you see that you were a pawn in a larger game, that your own drug use was of little or no importance, then the issue changes a bit.

And the resentment and rage grows.

Want to make a real difference? Get the Bush Family out of politics- vote against the bastards. They have no bigger supporters than the neo-cons that were at the top of the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: tough stains to wash out
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 02:37:11 PM »
The same thing is happening at AARC today

:peace:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: tough stains to wash out
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: "enough"
I really like the splinter analogy.

The real key, in my opinion, is to get past the whole drug thing. What happened inside the program had little or nothing to do with drugs persay.

The program existed as a grand social experiment, an attempt to change the way that people think and behave. It was a backlash against the liberalism of the 60's. It represented a very few people's resentment that their kids were listening to rock music and wearing black tee shirts.

The drug aspect of it was cover for the intended purpose- to grow the political base of the neo-con movement. Once you come to this understanding, once you see that you were a pawn in a larger game, that your own drug use was of little or no importance, then the issue changes a bit.

And the resentment and rage grows.

Want to make a real difference? Get the Bush Family out of politics- vote against the bastards. They have no bigger supporters than the neo-cons that were at the top of the program.

:tup:

I would say the Bush family are just the most obvious buffoons here. The worst of that cabal are out of the limelight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile