Author Topic: BANK SEEKS TO FORECLOSE ON HIDDEN LAKE PROPERTY - A-GAIN?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BANK SEEKS TO FORECLOSE ON HIDDEN LAKE PROPERTY - A-GAIN?
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »
Rumor has it that Buccellato sent his staff a letter this morning, stating that the bank was going to start foreclosure proceedings this week and to get their resumes together.  Since Buccellato neglected to inform his staff and parents the last time, allowing them to find out through reading the Dahlonega Nugget article, perhaps there is merit to the 'rumor'.  Buccellato pulled out of the IECA conference in California, sending more rumors flying.  He will not cooperate fully with the court regarding discovery of his financial dealings and what they did provide, along with excuses, was laughable.  I have no idea what is with this Judge O'Kelley, but this is a mockery of 'his' court.  It is time to come down on this meager excuse of a human being.

For the Educational Consultants -Time will tell.  Obviously if Buccellato informed his staff of the imminent foreclosure proceedings this week, one would think he would inform the Educational Consultants and parents of incoming students, yes incoming.  If this is true, I find this egregious, deplorable and unethical, to say the least, but not beyond Buccellato's capabilities.  Simply put 'cash' in 'his' pocket...and that is alot of cash.  Tuition possibilities:  total pre-paid, 3 months deposit, 1st month, last month, uniforms, computer access...then foreclosure...and the new families join the alumni of families that never received the pre-paid tuition or deposits back.  This is reprehensible. What kind of human being does this?  There is no excuse possible..."oops, I forgot about the 'in-take' today" - well that doesn't cut it!  

If this is true, current staff if you still  have a conscience, anonymously, whatever, call the family/families to stop payment on their check and go get their child... this is criminal... If you knowingly allow this, you are no better than Buccellato.  Educational consultants - if you are sending any child to HLA this week,
you have an ethical responsibility to the family/families.

Suggestion - Call BB&T regarding their possible foreclosure of HLA, check the Legal notices in the Dahlonega Nugget this Wednesday, before you write a check or send a child to HLA...  If this is all true, and you feel you have been defrauded, you can contact the Federal District Attorney Nahmias in Georgia, it is a start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: BANK SEEKS TO FORECLOSE ON HIDDEN LAKE PROPERTY - A-GAIN?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »
Imagine it. Just imagine it...

A kid gets driven to HLA by his parents. They're about to drop him off, he doesn't know what he's in for, but...

"What? It's closed?"

OWNED!!! I'd pay to see that on hidden camera.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »
Any news? The only mention of Hidden Lake Academy that I could find is this story about Matt Aiken's plant.

http://www.thedahloneganugget.com/artic ... torial.txt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:54:38 PM »
No, legal notices haven't been up-dated .  Also,  BB&T may have not published 'notice' yet.  Sweet article by Matt however...a parody?  At first I thought the plant was HLA, it died, because the owner bled the place.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 12:30:09 AM »
Quote from: "guest9"
No, legal notices haven't been up-dated .  Also,  BB&T may have not published 'notice' yet.  Sweet article by Matt however...a parody?  At first I thought the plant was HLA, it died, because the owner bled the place.

Funny you should pick up on that too... My thought was that it might be a metaphor for troubles brewing there, perhaps a warning? Kind of an odd title to pick: "Trouble at the old plant," particularly his usage of the word "at" (as opposed to "with")...

Wouldn't want to read too much into it though, lol...

Is Mr. Aiken, perchance, not especially fond of Mr. Buccellato and/or HLA?

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

Trouble at the old plant
By Matt Aiken
Published: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:42 AM EDT

There is a small miracle sitting on top of my office desk.

To the casual observer, it may look like nothing more than a simple ivy-filled houseplant.

But here's the miraculous part: I own it, and it's not dead.

See, I bought this plant way back in 2004 when I arrived in Dahlonega with the intention of teaching English at Hidden Lake Academy.

This dream died halfway into 2005, but the plant lives on. And it survived the short move to The Dahlonega Nugget office a month later.

There it has sat ever since.

But in order to truly understand the miraculousness of this plant you must know the history behind it.

See I've spent the past half a decade trying to kill it. It hasn't been a conscience effort so much as accidental deprivation of everything that makes it possible for a plant to grow. Namely water.

As a result, it's had many close calls. For example, I once went close to a solid month without noticing that it had turned into a pile of brown leaves. Finally a concerned coworker, Betty Giffin, sent me an email.

It was simply titled "Dying."

Understandably I clicked on it first, even though my inbox contained what appeared to be a pressing message from the Prince of Nigeria.

"Matt," she wrote. "I think I can hear your plant dying."

That was all.

Point taken. Like an unfit parent I was shamed into action as I dumped a large cup of water into the dry soil. I then went about my work of replying to emails, deleting spam and writing columns about very important issues.

(Now what was I talking about? Ah, yes, my house plant.)

Well within a few days the miracle plant had sprung back to life. And I, in turn, learned a valuable lesson about the mystery of plants. They apparently need water to live.

My mastery of greenery doesn't stop at the office either.

In fact, last year I grew a couple of tomato plants in a pot on my back porch. They eventually produced a pretty big crop and I spent the summer putting them on various salads and sandwiches. However, each time my wife Katie tried one, she'd get a concerned look on her face and quietly say something like: “Why do they taste like this?”

I acted as though I had no idea what she was talking about.

“That's how tomatoes are supposed to taste,” I'd lie.

In truth they did have a certain amount of, um, extreme tartness to them. Which I now assume has something to do with the acidity level of the soil, or some other factor too complicated for a guy who's house plants are regularly on life support.

I suppose this is one of the reasons why I've never planted a real live vegetable garden. Because no vegetable deserves such treatment.

And so it was on this note last weekend that I went to cover the annual opening of the Dahlonega Farmers Market.

Yes on Saturday morning Hancock Park was filled with the types of skilled green thumbed townsfolk that seem to have no trouble making things grow.

In other words, they're showoffs.

Ah well, some people are meant to grow their own food. Others are meant to buy food from the people that grow their own food.

However you'll be glad to know that my office plant is currently in excellent shape.

It's bright, green, healthy and has actually expanded to the point that an ivy vine has has begun to creep across my desk.

So perhaps this means its days of near death experiences are behind it.

Or maybe it's just looking for revenge.

Copyright © 2009 The Dahlonega Nugget
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:50:11 PM »
I tell ya, Len Buccellato would ha' done well ta align hisself with a big powerful corporation, instead of hoggin' it all to hisself! That's the best way ta git some stayin' power in this business, har har! In ma half-century o' being The Educator, I know a thing or two 'bout stayin' power, har de HAR HAR HAR!!!

Rollin' my eyes an' shakin' ma head,
Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator