Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »
Quote from: "Lacey"
I had some down time at work today, and was looking back through some old info posted on here. Things like the Clarke Poole emails, the fire, the things that led up to the lawsuit... How could this have just died? I understand they settled. That is dissapointing to me. I'm probably just naive, and unknowing about how these things work... But how did this just go away? What changed? Who was held accountable? As a former student, has anything been done that would give me the least bit of satisfaction? Where did everyone go? Deb, DJ, RB, and all the other regulars that I used to get on an read and FEEL their outrage... Again, as a former student, it used to be so validating to follow their arguments, and their research and know someone was out there fighting for us. I can't help but feel a little abandoned. Maybe there were things that took place that I just don't know about. My parents chose not to be part of the lawsuit (yet again, them just wanting evidence of their terrible decision-making to go away) so I was for the most part left out of the loop. Please someone explain this to me...

Sorry you feel abandoned Lacey.
Fornits provided a venue for many to share their stories and expose the truth about HLA. It was pretty quiet in the early days, but I kept the fire stoked and others joined. Many friendships were formed. Things happened. And are still happening, it's just not actively discussed here.

I personally left because Fornits began to resemble the programs they detest. I apparently got on the bad side of the powers-that-be who were ramrodding the site in Ginger's absense, for supporting Federal legislation and regulation of the industry. I never expected to be publicly attacked by so-called peers/advocates, or scapegoated for Who's banning, but that is indeed what happened. After six years of supporting Fornits and contributing a massive amount of information to the site. It was quiet shocking.

As you mentioned, there is a lot of value in the archives of Fornits, for as long as this site remains up. I think people should continue to share their stories. You never know who is reading and how they may benefit. I always enjoyed your participation !!

Regarding the "settlement". O'Kelley's refusable to class the suit left few options to plaintiffs. It was not their desire to settle. Truth is, it should never have been a class because you can't bring the abuses suffered by individuals into a class. Whether the settlement is every paid or not, the desired outcome appears to be manifesting.

Deborah
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
Kudos to you Deb!:)  An enormous apology is owed you...Unfortunately we were not allowed to post during the class suit, to support you.  When you were moderating, Fornits had  more clout and was more respected . There is such an enormous amount of information here, which I continually tell agencies.  Hell Berger and Montague wouldn't have had 3/4 of their case if it wasn't for Fornits and our little network of 'friends'.  It takes a rocket scientist to get the damn confirmation codes right!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »