Author Topic: Trust  (Read 576 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Trust
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:46:58 PM »
Is it a good thing?  How does one define it?  Is it defined as mutual self interest resulting in predictable behavior, or something deeper... and if it's something deeper, can it ever be relied on, or should it?  It seems to me that a person can go a lifetime "knowing" and "trusting" another person only to find out they're completely not who they appeared to be.  Seems to me that blind trust can be a liability.  My dad assures me there are benefits to such a thing... that without it true love is impossible...  Does love really rely on blind faith?  If humans are flawed, what is the point in relying on a flawed product where their self interest might not necessarily result in predictable behavior...   such as in a marriage, where one partner might grow tired of the other and...  well... human nature happens.  What then, is the benefit to trust, where when relying on humans, the principle can also be "trusted" to blow up in your face at the worst possible opportunity?  The people I know and trust I can also count on because of their coinciding interests.  In this way, they're predictable...  but if there interests weren't in line with my own, could I still trust them?

What do the Fornits think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Trust
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »
I trust that someone here will provide an adequate answer to this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Trust
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:41:09 AM »
“We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy”