Author Topic: Reputation Defender & Clients Get Sued for Slander  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Reputation Defender & Clients Get Sued for Slander
« on: April 20, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
http://http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/yale-law-students-get-sued-libel-slander-frivolous-filings

Reputation Defender has long been tied to the practice of using shady clients and tactics for free media attention.  This time, the company’s tactic may have backfired.

The company and two of their clients, Yale Law School students Heide Iravani and Brittan Heller, have been sued in Federal Court for charges including: libel, slander, filing frivolous legal papers, and more.

According to the extensive federal complaint, Reputation Defender encouraged Iravani and Heller to

*lie to major media outlets about the damage that unflattering internet posts about them had caused
*file questionable paperwork alleging Copyrights they may not have owned
*file a lawsuit knowing that one of the defendants (plaintiff Anthony Ciolli) was innocent of the charges of other defendants.  
*stoke a false and unethical whispering campaign about plaintiff Ciolli, designed to malign his reputation and cost him a job.

This last charge is ironic, if true.  Iravani and Heller retained Reputation Defender because of online posts they deemed damaging to their reputations.  Iravani was alarmed about online speculation about her chest-size as well as the revelation that her father was a convicted embezzler and felon.  Heller was upset about false speculation regarding a low LSAT score.  Yet it’s since been revealed that neither Heller or Iravani faced any trouble securing employment.  

Even more ironic are their activities to “defend” their reputations by slandering Mr. Ciolli’s professional standing.
Of course, Reputation Defender watchers are long accustomed to such subpar ethical action.  

The question now is: how well will Iravani, Heller, and Reputation Defender’s reputations fare once all the facts of Ciolli’s lawsuit are made public.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Reputation Defender & Clients Get Sued for Slander
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »
:roflmao:
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
What goes around comes around!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
I simply must get a hold of Ian O'Shea for the creation of one of his lovely Sue's hand videos.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I simply must get a hold of Ian O'Shea for the creation of one of his lovely Sue's hand videos.

Only if he has ice cream.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 07:36:28 AM »
The one where Sue's hand poured Ian a fresh mostly rum and very little coke was a nice touch as well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »
What was Sues beef with WWASP? Judging by her website, she should be its great supporter.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
What was Sues beef with WWASP? Judging by her website, she should be its great supporter.

Ah, but once upon a time, she was a great supporter, BIG-time even... I'm no Sue Scheff expert, but if I'm not mistaken, it was through WWASP's parent referral program that Sue first garnered her taste for blood money. She's a born hustler, and she was good at it. So good that WWASP balked at shelling out the full amount at some point, and hence the big feud got started. Check out psy's site sueschefftruth.com or PM BuzzKill for more info. Others too; most people here know more than I do about this woman's ongoing psychodrama with the world, I don't mean to leave anyone out...

-=•0•=-

Note that not even the abuse of her daughter Ashlyn at one of their programs was enough to put a damper on Sue's "helping" other parents find their way to WWASP's door. She continued her referral work 'till well after those incidents came to light. It was only when they would not pay her the full amount she expected to be paid, that the bad blood began to boil.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »
It makes me so angry and depressed. Reading her site and the "attorneys, authors, ect” who support her is like observing installation art depicting the obtuse thought processes and heartlessness of the people who brought us the Holocaust.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »
Wonder if they'd like to make this a class action? Looks to me like Scheff took all the same advice - and we can provide evidence in the form of her blogs featuring many of us.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
Wonder if they'd like to make this a class action? Looks to me like Scheff took all the same advice - and we can provide evidence in the form of her blogs featuring many of us.
I'd certainly be willing to write a declaration in support of the plaintiff if it would help.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)