Author Topic: james shirey,learns to denounce self at Daimond ranch  (Read 636 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
james shirey,learns to denounce self at Daimond ranch
« on: April 26, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
Level Advancement Speech: Graduate by Jim Shirey

When I first arrived at DRA I was really negative and I tried to manipulate people to do what I wanted them to do.

I was trying to fight the program in homeless. I wouldn’t eat, drink, or count. I was so foolish to think this would work. I started to change and I learned that this place could help me.

I used to be the kind of person who wanted people to feel sorry for him to make friends, but as I went through my program I realized that making people feel this way about me is just going to make me look bad and it will make many problems in my life and relationships.

When my first hotel visit came I was struggling to get along with my family and that made me want to try to build better relationships.

Later when I got Director I was a really goofy kid, but I realized that is what’s going to keep me from becoming a leader, so I started to work on that.

When I had my first home visit I was getting along with my family better and I made better relationships with them. I came back here and it was hard but I knew that it would help me better myself.

. I’ve come from a negative, lazy, selfish person all the way to a positive, proactive, helpful and responsible person and I will keep improving in my program. This is why I am ready for Graduate. Thank you for listening to my speech.

What is the term for when thought reform prisoner starts being willing to vocalize the principles or slogans of his tormenters in order to end his torment it's called "the possibility of..."
cant remember the rest of the phrase.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: james shirey,learns to denounce self at Daimond ranch
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 12:47:35 AM »
LINK puhleese godalmightly.. and google will NOT recognize "DAIMOND Ranch".. girl, get ahold of yourself and learn some self-discipline if you want your posts to have any meaning or impact..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: james shirey,learns to denounce self at Diamond ranch
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/ourj ... ponsored=1

all of the material I've posted comes from his memorial.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: james shirey,learns to denounce self at Daimond ranch
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 01:15:40 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
LINK puhleese godalmightly.. and google will NOT recognize "DAIMOND Ranch".. girl, get ahold of yourself and learn some self-discipline if you want your posts to have any meaning or impact..
more important would be screen saving as these things tend to dissapear...