Author Topic: Outlaws  (Read 682 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Outlaws
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:40:41 PM »
There is no question that the staff at AARC are breaking the law every day when they provide their particular brand of "treatment".
This is the regulation and the proscribed penalties.  The only thing standing between the AARC staff and criminal prosecution is the statute of limitations in this legislation, which prohibits prosecution two years after the date of the offence:
"Restricted activities
2(1)  The following, carried out in relation to or as part of providing a health service, are restricted activities:

(p)    to perform a psychosocial intervention with an expectation of treating a substantial disorder of thought, mood, perception, orientation or memory that grossly impairs

(i)    judgment,

(ii)    behaviour,

(iii)    capacity to recognize reality, or

(iv)    ability to meet the ordinary demands of life;

Offence

4(1)  No person shall perform a restricted activity or a portion of it on or for another person unless

(a)    the person performing it

(i)    is a regulated member as defined in the Health Professions Act, and is authorized to perform it by the regulations under the Health Professions Act,

(ii)    is authorized to perform it by a regulation under section 3,

(ii.1)    is authorized to perform it by an order under section 3.1, or

(iii)    is authorized to perform it by another enactment,

or

(b)    the person performing it

(i)    has the consent of, and is being supervised by, a regulated member described in clause (a)(i), and

(ii)    is permitted to perform the restricted activity under a regulation made under section 131(1)(d)(i) of the Health Professions Act by the council of the college of the regulated member referred to in subclause (i),

and there are regulations made under section 131(1)(d)(ii) of the Health Professions Act by the council of the college of that regulated member respecting how regulated members must supervise persons who provide restricted activities under this clause.

(2)  Despite subsection (1), if no person who is authorized under subsection (1) is available to perform the restricted activity or a portion of it, a person may without expectation or hope of compensation or reward provide a restricted activity or a portion of it to provide physical comfort to or to stabilize another person who is ill, injured or unconscious as a result of an accident or other emergency.

(3)  No person, other than a person authorized to perform a restricted activity under subsection (1)(a), shall or shall purport to consent to, provide supervision of and control of, another person performing the restricted activity or a portion of a restricted activity.

(4)  No person shall require another person to perform a restricted activity or a portion of a restricted activity if that other person is not authorized in accordance with subsection (1) to perform it.

Penalty

5(1)  A person who contravenes section 4 is guilty of an offence and liable

(a)    for a first offence, to a fine of not more than $5000,

(b)    for a 2nd offence, to a fine of not more than $10 000, and

(c)    for a 3rd and every subsequent offence, to a fine of not more than $25 000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than 6 months or to both fine and imprisonment.

(2)  A prosecution for an offence under this Schedule may not be commenced more than 2 years after the date on which the alleged offence occurs.

Burden of proof

6   In a prosecution under this Schedule, the burden of proving that a person was authorized to perform a restricted activity by section 4(1) is on the accused."
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/574.cfm?page=g ... 0779739479

The trick here is to file a prosecution against a staff member and naming a current AARC client as being subjected to the Activity named in Section 2 Subsection (1)(p)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Outlaws
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:29:41 PM »
I'm sure ajax is just making this all up. Everything above is just his opinion, a threat and a lie. Downright attack if you ask me.

Josh, I hope you don't mind, but I just love this post so much, I wanted to make sure nobody missed it...

"I've seen a number of people expressing their willingness to "die on the hill" for AARC. This is great, and much appreciated I'm sure. There are a few things you should remember while you're "going to war" for the good guys:

-Rambling off 110% undying support for ANYthing is not a good idea. It makes you look very stupid and it makes you an easy target for anyone who believes AARC is a cult. You can do more harm than good.

-You're being observed by people with ZERO familiarity with the program, people who don't know anything about addiction, people who believe addiction doesn't exist and people who believe in harm reduction. Therefore, if you aren't qualified to speak on a subject, don't. If you do not possess the proper information to conclude a debate in a successful fashion, do not get into the debate.

-Just because you're passionate and emotional, doesn't mean you need to carry the burden of defending something in an emotional manner. This never and will never work. Clear and concise thinking will always reward a person if their beliefs and values are being held to ridicule.

-AARC is not perfect, they know that and have made revisions to the program that reflect their willingness to change and/or evolve.

^This means that you're probably the only one saying that the organization can do no wrong. If you claim to be representing the program, you've just made a good lot of people look like a bunch of over-emotional occult idiots who lack intellect and the proper tact to address questions coming from the general public.

Basically, if you cannot back up your statements with fact and examples, I might suggest sitting out of any debates regarding AARC altogether. You may just end up giving more ammunition to the camp who wants AARC to close.

I've yet to see any of those people make a valid arguement when they've been forced to reconcile with someone who knows the program inside and out.. they usually resort to threats, ad-hominem attacks and lies.

Let them lie. Each and every one of you who's lives have changed for the better as a result of AARC is it's success story and there is no denying it.

There are more of us that support AARC than not. Lets think a little bit before we declare our undying love in an open forum.

-Josh"

1.5 years of treatment in AARC... $70,000
4 years of therapy for PTSD after AARC... $10,400
Josh Penner telling his fellow cult members they sound brainwashed and that their testimonials are stupid and illogical... priceless.  :rofl:

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I'm sure ajax is just making this all up. Everything above is just his opinion, a threat and a lie. Downright attack if you ask me.

I wouldnt say that he made it all up, but Ajax typically quotes or states laws that dont apply and therefore trys to decieve the readers in that fashion. The attacks on peoples weight and whether or not they played hockey in highschool etc. are just outward cries of frustration.  We do understand it is an uphill battle to try to discredit an institution when you have no facts to back yourself up.  So he needs to resort to calling people fat or ugly.  Most readers spot this right off.
The quoting of random laws can be effective in deceiving people too as long as the readers dont read too much of the provided links.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:53:46 AM »
I've read enough on this forum to see that a myriad of facts, links and laws have been presented to discredit AARC. I have not seen any facts presented to support the legalities of AARC, the validity of AARC staff's credentials, and have not read a single coherent rebuttal.
We don't need to resort to name calling (such as calling victims of abuse liars?), but I will speak for myself when I say that the debates I've had with AARC supporters have been some of the most frustrating conversations I've had in my life, and I wouldn't blame ajax for losing his patience with some of you. At first, the facts are "lies," then the facts "don't matter."  You are masters at dodging questions and circular reasoning.

"The quoting of random laws can be effective in deceiving people too as long as the readers dont read too much of the provided links." Please provide one example of this, and point out the discrepancies in the links.