Author Topic: Teachers Blame Parents in UK  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Teachers Blame Parents in UK
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »
http://http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/apr/05/schools-behaviour-teachers-parents

I'm surprised UK branch of the SS/social services aren't rounding these dastardly teachers up and gassing them for voicing this opinion. Still, in my opinion, it is long overdue. Teaching, used to be, a respected vocation. Now most teachers last less than five years due to over-crowding of class rooms, spoiled little brat kids, and parents blow steam out their asses.

Seriously... Make the parents teach for a day. That ought to shut them up the next time they vote now for a school levy or howl and complain when the school says they have to cut funding for the football team to buy math textbooks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Teachers Blame Parents in UK
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:01:46 PM »
Clemsworld in the comments wins this one:

Oh look. Another "all kids are bad"article. Similar to "the world's going to hell in a basket" article, or a "we've never had it so bad" article.

There are an awful lot of thoroughly decent children of all ages and from all backgrounds out there. I'd go as far to say they are even in the majority. But far be it for us to focus on them and offer them some praise and positive media, let's focus on the problem children again but talk glibly as if all children are like this.

He was completely ignored by the other posters, but that's standard fare on fearmongering like this.

And it comes from a fucking teacher's union, which should be enough to send it into, as the British say, "the bin".

The real solution: Make expulsion easy and toss the ones who don't want to be there out the door, saving time and money for the ones that do. No hard feelings, no alternative schools, no penalties for 'truancy', just "Okay, leave. We don't care." But then the parents of the remaining students, seeing an opportunity for actual free public education instead of the pretense, would demand better teachers and then this bitch would be out of a job.

I estimate TheWho will be around to compare public schools to intentional torture on Monday.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:12:35 AM »
Sad but true.

Core issue:

Children are now arriving at school socially undeveloped,
increasingly unable to dress themselves,
unable to use the toilet properly
and unused to eating at a table,  
Instead of taking responsibility themselves, too many parents expect teachers to control their children's behaviour and wellbeing, she adds.

This degeneracy makes the outsourcing of parental duties obligatory.

How is a degenerate, ill repute, parental tsunami deserved of my taxable income?

Band aid  everything ?

Yes

Everyone gets paid....

no one gets fixed
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:05:12 AM by dishdutyfugitive »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:33:58 AM »
Here in Denmark the social services can force parents to let their children attend nursing homes and kindergartens if they discover that children are not talking Danish about age 3, so they can start in school with a least the spoken langauge as basis for friendships, but some slips through the radar and when they start in School they also have to learn a language beside all the other school work.

My kids suffers from a disease which makes it harder for him to keep his balance. It is an aftermath from a illness. The schools in our town share a special P.E. consultant, which takes him and other kids out of classes for special training. Beside my son several kids are being trained by her in dressing because some kids has service-minded parents who failed to let the kids take on their clothes on their own.

While both my kids eat and do their homework in their own room I have always maintained evenings where we all eat together because I feel that it is important that kids can behave good in public settings while they eat. I even took them out in restraurants early so they can learn how to sit still in such an environment instead of running around between the other guests.

A lot of the social training is a parenting job. I understand who the double-income society makes some parents believe that the school should raise kids in those matters, but I dissagree with them. My kids should use their school like a job. You work there and communicate with your co-workers with respect for each other. In some jobs you have to act in special way, but once you leave your job you can go home a live your life as you prefer. Once they are confirmed (aged about 15), they can take a co-worker over for a beer as it is common for every other job.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 02:58:18 AM »
Translation

When you fuck some broad and make offspring

Man up and raise them.

Seriously, your job isn't that important. What are you some sort of genius? A crux in the progress of western civilazation?

No you are not.

You are simply your childs creator.

Give your child the care she deserves.

If you stare at her and shake in your boots whilst you piss your pants - walk away.

Adoption is the only answer.

Don't give a half hearted effort

when shit hits the fan don't hand over your retirement fund so that Aspen can do the rest for your impotent self.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »
I didn't sense much fear mongering from the Teacher's Union as I did total and utter annoyance. Coming from a family of professional educators, and being a semi-professional educator myself, I can understand their aggravation. For way to long western parents have taken it for granted that teachers will raise their children for them.

No longer is education a valued public service either. I grew up in a traditional farming community where teachers were still more or less respected. My parents, for all their flaws, still insisted I respect my teachers. Mind you, my old man before turning to farming had gotten his degree in education, had definite expectations of my teachers as well.

He expected them to teach and to be fair.

My grandmother, a UK trained Educator, taught in various schools for over 32 years. She is the one who taught me that it is ok to challenge the veracity of a Teacher's claims in the classroom. She didn't mean be rude about it either, and nor did she imply it was fine and dandy to challenge a teacher's information unsupported.

This of course landed me in hot water in my public high school, but the end result was my World History teacher, a fairly cool old dude, pulling me aside and telling me to approach him after class if I wanted to argue with him about a various point of disagreement. Which I did, fairly often, and with much enjoyment. To some extent I think he enjoyed it as well as it kept him on his toes a bit.

Education today, in America, is a band aid to a slew of social issues.

No daddy at home, well go to school for your male guidance.
Can't read properly, no worries we'll make special time for you despite over-crowding.
Don't want to speak English, no worries.. Ebonics, Spanish, or Lower Slobovian assistance is avaliable.
Don't feel like doing your homework because you are a semi-moronic football player.. no worries.. we've always found ways to cheat.

Personally, if I had a child I wouldn't send them to a public school for more than half a day. I'd find some damn way of working out my schedule so that either myself or the missus is at home doing a half days worth of schooling in something useful. Given the modern computer driven era we live in I'd have no qualms about resorting to online college courses either to push the kid ahead of his/her age group.

I would still have the kid go to public school for half the day as I don't want them thinking they are growing up in a cult-lunatic family of gun loving rednecks with a siege mentality. I would really prefer the wee one to have some friends and maybe play a sport or two.

I draw the line at theater though. No kid of mine will ever dress up in leotards and do Peter Pan. Well.. depends when they ask.. If I'm on the piss I'd probably say yes and regret it later.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I would still have the kid go to public school for half the day as I don't want them thinking they are growing up in a cult-lunatic family of gun loving rednecks with a siege mentality. I would really prefer the wee one to have some friends and maybe play a sport or two.

You are thinking of some stereo types from a movie that you might have seen.  Homeschooling actually gives the child a better sense of socialization.  The kid isn’t sitting at the kitchen table from 8:30 until 3:00pm like many think. He/she is out visiting museums, beaches parks and seeing shows etc. they are exposed to more levels of socialization than the child in school.  The real world doesn’t consist of interacting with just people their own age.  Home schooled kids are exposed to people of all ages like real life.  Also there are homeschooling groups where kids can meet other kids their own age.

Sports you can pick up anywhere, schools, local clubs etc. where kids interact with their peers also.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »
Depends where you live on the availability of such options. If they exist I'll be happy enough letting the kid go with them, if not off to public school for half the day they go.

Where I grew up home school wasn't well heard off and those things didn't exist. Such resources probably still don't exist their either. Considering I have zero desire to live in a major city once I return to the US I doubt I'll be moving to a place that  has those to begin with.

It all comes down to availability. Be kind of cool if the kid could just hit the after school programs for sports or god help me theater and so forth. I wonder if school districts let home schoolers do that?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 02:12:43 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Depends where you live on the availability of such options. If they exist I'll be happy enough letting the kid go with them, if not off to public school for half the day they go.

Where I grew up home school wasn't well heard off and those things didn't exist. Such resources probably still don't exist their either. Considering I have zero desire to live in a major city once I return to the US I doubt I'll be moving to a place that  has those to begin with.

It all comes down to availability. Be kind of cool if the kid could just hit the after school programs for sports or god help me theater and so forth. I wonder if school districts let home schoolers do that?

Theater is great for kids and helps build self esteem.  Ballet is a much more strenuous sport (or workout) than football.
I sense you may be a little homophobic?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

CHE?  Homophobic?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

No.. lol..

Plus.  I don't see what theater has to do "teh gay".
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

No.. lol..

It wasn’t this post which lead me to believe he may be homophobic.... in a previous post Che mentioned:

"I draw the line at theater though. No kid of mine will ever dress up in leotards and do Peter Pan. Well.. depends when they ask.. If I'm on the piss I'd probably say yes and regret it later."

btw I am not trying to label anyone.  I was making a curious observation.  Otherwise extremely open minded People become homophobic when it comes to their own kids.  A friend of mine pulled his kid from a daycare situation (just last month) when he became the only male child with 5 other girls.  He didn’t want to take the chance that he would be playing with dolls all day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:14 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

No.. lol..

It wasn’t this post which lead me to believe he may be homophobic.... in a previous post Che mentioned:

"I draw the line at theater though. No kid of mine will ever dress up in leotards and do Peter Pan. Well.. depends when they ask.. If I'm on the piss I'd probably say yes and regret it later."

btw I am not trying to label anyone.  I was making a curious observation.  Otherwise extremely open minded People become homophobic when it comes to their own kids.  A friend of mine pulled his kid from a daycare situation (just last month) when he became the only male child with 5 other girls.  He didn’t want to take the chance that he would be playing with dolls all day.

Or like my friend who freaked when his 5 year old son wanted an E-Z bake oven and kitchen set!
I told him he was crazy as his son could grow up to be one of the best chef's in the world and here all he could think about was that an E-Z bake oven might " turn his son gay"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »
Football is way gayer than Theater.. Seriously...

A bunch of men playing grab ass in the showers after a game of groping and grabbing each other?

My objection to Theater is I always fall asleep in the middle of a play or production. I'll admit that the Vagina Monolugues had me awake for longer than most, but invariably in the midst of, "VAGINA!" I started snoring.

So god help me if I'm going to have to start popping speed so I'm not the cretin of a father how has a hand shoved down his pants, drooling on the person next to him, and snoring at full volume whilst my offspring is prancing around the stage trying not to cry because daddy is a fucking bastard who can't stay awake.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »
Despite the fact that I most assuredly believe that no teen should ever be put through the punitive system of the troubled teen industry, I also most assuredly believe that a great majority of teens are little bastard aliens that most people don't know what to do with. Some worse than others.

My best friend is a high school science teacher and he often comments to me about what a fucking godsmack nightmare the remedial class is. Most of the kids in there are thugs, several are already hooked up with some punk-ass-bitch gang, (I fuckin hate gangbangers. goddamn pussies with their fucking guns. living in norteno territory has made me terribly bitter.) and the worst part of it is that there are kids in the remedial class who truly want to learn, and the other shit heads are fucking that up for them. He says that most of the time, all he can do is kick them out of the class so that the people who want to learn can do so.

I was actually a remedial student my freshman year in high school, and I certainly could qualify as having had a serious attitude problem. I got kicked out of class, suspended, I cut often, I even knocked down a teacher, and even though I went through that myself to some extent and have seen that side of it, I still say that if those little bastards dont want to learn, then kick them the fuck out of class, absolutely, cause its not fair to the people who want to be there. I personally feel that the way high school administration treated me was more than generous.

I draw the line at theater though. No kid of mine will ever dress up in leotards and do Peter Pan.

What about if the production that year is Grease? Then at least he's *kinda* manly. Unless he's playing Frenchie. Roz should be OK, though.

Agreed about Peter Pan. Besides, I have yet to know of any production where a male played that role. It's always done by some spokeswoman for wheat thins.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »
I've only stayed awake for one entire play ever in my life. That was because I was in it and had to stay awake. So no for theater I can't handle the trauma of remembering myself having to be friggin peter pan ever again.

God damn 3rd grade.