Author Topic: what is up with the wasserman rancor  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
what is up with the wasserman rancor
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
What am I missing?

I do not understand all the rancor around Mel's kids.   Really.   I imagine that their life must have been rough.    Their father started the school when they were young.   Experiences that should never be normalized were consistently presented as normal.   We only did a few years at a cedu-esque school, but they did a childhood followed by a young adulthood.   Stories of horrific abuse never reported to the authorities.   Imagine growing up and hearing another teenager talk about the crap we heard and said in raps or propheets.   Yuck!     Or what about trying to have a normal teenage friendship and explaining to them Cedu. Let alone adhering to the normal healthy boundaries.   I suspect they did not host many sleepovers.

I can imagine that their father must have been hard to contend with.   Were their motives questioned for the simplest normal teenage action, like refusing to do a family activity?  Or not doing chores on the timeliest basis?  God forbid, they get a bad grade at school.  

Also, how much time did mel spend with his children instead of at the school?

On the money front, who the fuck cares.    If they have some money from the schools, so be it.  I do not think there is any amount of money that would make me want to spend the first half of my life in a CEDU environment.   From the article just posted, I guess Stacy is living in Spokane   Last I checked Spokane is not the height of culture or opulence.   Are there even any good restaurants in that town?  

It feels easy to say that the Wasserman's are responsible for our fucked up experience.  But I believe that his kids were just as much as a victim as we were to a society that does not protect teenage and children rights.    To a system that places parent's so called choice ahead of the rights of adolescence.  [or how about simple decencies: like not having to submit to repeated strip searches without provocation]  To a society that would rather see a nonconformist  pushed to wayside rather than celebrate the difference.    

Our collective energy would be better spent on closing the facilities, on advocating for non-cookie cutter solutions to challenging family dynamics, and most importantly, on ways to  make sure victims are not victimized again through dysfunctional, unregulated, weird-ass institutions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: what is up with the wasserman rancor
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
Quote from: "no naming"
What am I missing?

I do not understand all the rancor around Mel's kids.   Really.   I imagine that their life must have been rough.    Their father started the school when they were young.   Experiences that should never be normalized were consistently presented as normal.   We only did a few years at a cedu-esque school, but they did a childhood followed by a young adulthood.   Stories of horrific abuse never reported to the authorities.   Imagine growing up and hearing another teenager talk about the crap we heard and said in raps or propheets.   Yuck!     Or what about trying to have a normal teenage friendship and explaining to them Cedu. Let alone adhering to the normal healthy boundaries.   I suspect they did not host many sleepovers.

I can imagine that their father must have been hard to contend with.   Were their motives questioned for the simplest normal teenage action, like refusing to do a family activity?  Or not doing chores on the timeliest basis?  God forbid, they get a bad grade at school.  

Also, how much time did mel spend with his children instead of at the school?

On the money front, who the fuck cares.    If they have some money from the schools, so be it.  I do not think there is any amount of money that would make me want to spend the first half of my life in a CEDU environment.   From the article just posted, I guess Stacy is living in Spokane   Last I checked Spokane is not the height of culture or opulence.   Are there even any good restaurants in that town?  

It feels easy to say that the Wasserman's are responsible for our fucked up experience.  But I believe that his kids were just as much as a victim as we were to a society that does not protect teenage and children rights.    To a system that places parent's so called choice ahead of the rights of adolescence.  [or how about simple decencies: like not having to submit to repeated strip searches without provocation]  To a society that would rather see a nonconformist  pushed to wayside rather than celebrate the difference.    

Our collective energy would be better spent on closing the facilities, on advocating for non-cookie cutter solutions to challenging family dynamics, and most importantly, on ways to  make sure victims are not victimized again through dysfunctional, unregulated, weird-ass institutions.
No, our efforts should be aimed at justice for victims of CEDU, ie. kids driven to suicide, or kids too messed up to function. Staff of CEDU should be in jail and all monies from CEDU should be disrtibuted to suffering victims.

:soapbox:

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
How much effort would it take for Stacy to issue a 2 sentence public apology acknowledging the fact that her father royally screwed the pooch?

She's an intelligent woman. It's the right thing to do.

Helass, the infinite atonement she faces for the yelling and mindfucking she did in the 80's will overwhelm her with guilt/anxiety and prevent her from doing the right thing.

I couldn't stand Stacy, and her brother in Law the Rookmeister.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »
Transference much?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
Seems to me that most of these program founders' offspring that you hear about, are always more or less in sync with the program philosophy. The ones that aren't ... find a way to disappear and you never hear about them. Maybe they change their names. I'm not saying that this is always the case, but it does seem to be the general rule.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:46:48 PM »
I don't have any personal experience with either of these people. However, it seems to me you can find fault with them for plenty of things other than what daddy Mel did. The sins of their father shouldn't be theirs to carry. Hopefully they are no longer CEDU kool-aid swillers, but my hopes are set that high.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »
What exactly do you classify as rancor? That one post I made about Stacy?

I just remember a few buds of mine online and off occasionally have those "wonder what they're up to?" moments regarding specific staff. I stumbled on that recent article, saw that she wasn't involved in the program, and said "hm. ok." That's all. Jeez.

Although you bring up questions that I have certainly wondered about. i.e. relationship with Mel, custody/time spent, interaction with synanon, if any, interaction with early cedu, all that crap.

I personally hold stacy more accountable than many staff there, as she was a damn sight smarter than most of them, and should have known better.