Author Topic: R.I.P. - Carol Anne Brown  (Read 10007 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
R.I.P. - Carol Anne Brown
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »

Carol Anne Brown
Date published: 4/14/2009

Carol Anne Brown of Spotsylvania County died Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009.

She is survived by her parents, Todd and Michelle Brown; her sister, Erin; and her brother, Sean, all of Spotsylvania; her maternal grandparents, Eddie and Patricia Sprouse of Louisa County; and her paternal grandparents, Daniel and Elizabeth Brown of Hilton Head, S.C. She also leaves behind several cousins, Shelby Sprouse, Jack and George Brown and Dylan Farmer; and her aunts and uncles, Christopher and Stacey Brown of Arlington, Lisa and Michael Farmer of Louisa and Michael Sprouse of Charlottesville.

Carol Anne was vivacious, outgoing and genuine. Her hugs were extraordinary and her smile was boundless. Her quick wit took many by surprise and she accepted people for who they were. She never met a stranger.

Born June 1, 1990, in Culpeper County, Carol Anne was a graduate of Stuart Hall, a college prepar- atory school in Staunton. She also attended Riverbend High School in Spotsylvania and Hyde School in Maine. As an elementary school student, she was a member of the first class at Epiphany Catholic School in Culpeper. She was an accomplished equestrian, cheerleader, lacrosse player, actress and avid Soap Box Derby racer. She enjoyed playing guitar and piano. Her lead role as Marian the Librarian in "The Music Man" while attending Stuart Hall was a highlight in her life. She served proudly as a founding member on Culpeper's Soap Box Derby Junior Committee and recently spoke extemporaneously to more than 200 business leaders supporting the Troilo family at the Culpeper Good Scout Award ceremony. She loved all animals and loved serving the handicapped. She had more than 300 community service hours before beginning college at James Madison University and Germanna Community College.

Carol Anne died on Easter and her body has been resurrected through organ donation. She spoke passionately that if she ever died, others should benefit.

On the day following Easter, someone was given new life through Carol Anne's strong donor heart. Another was given breath through her powerful lungs, and countless others will enjoy the gift of transplantation through Carol Anne's selfless generosity.

Despite her incredible attributes, Carol Anne suffered from the destructive illness of depression and bipolarism.

The Brown family encourages everyone who recognizes that their loved ones are suffering from this dreaded illness, especially teenagers during these most fragile years, to seek medical and consultative attention immediately.

There will be a Christian wake service at 6 p.m. Friday, April 17, in the auditorium of Eastern View High School, 16332 Cyclone Way, Culpeper, with visitation following in the school cafeteria.

A Mass of Christian burial and celebration of life will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 18, at Precious Blood Catholic Church, 114 East Edmondson St., Culpeper. Father Leo Zonneveld will conduct the services. A time of fellowship will follow the services on Saturday at Fawn Lake Club House, 11300 Longstreet Drive, Spotsylvania. Black clothes are optional; bright colors are preferred.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Culpeper Soap Box Derby, Carol Anne Brown Memorial Fund, Box 82, Brandy Station, Va. 22714.

Copyright 2009, The Free Lance-Star Publishing Co. of Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: R.I.P. - Carol Anne Brown
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:37:15 AM »
Sadly yet another time the victim list (European version) was updated. The US version will follow.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:58:12 AM »
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Culpeper Soap Box Derby, Carol Anne Brown Memorial Fund, Box 82, Brandy Station, Va. 22714.

Here is their website: http://www.culpepersoapboxderby.com/

If 2007-2008 stats still hold, they are the 2nd largest Soap Box Derby in the world (I imagine most of them are in the United States). I couldn't find any pics of Carol Anne on their website, though there are some of her younger brother Sean. Apparently all three of the Brown kids competed happily in this event over several years. In 2007, they each placed second in their respective divisions!

Here is an old article I was able to find in the bowels of Google re. Carol Anne winning the Sportsmanship Award in 2007:

Competition pairs with sportsmanship
SHANE METTLEN / CULPEPER STAR EXPONENT
Published: June 23, 2007

After spending so much time watching sporting events where winning is the top - and sometimes only - priority, covering the 2007 Soap Box Derby of Culpeper was a welcome change of pace.

Don't get me wrong, the spirit of competition and my own intense nature were the primary forces that drew me into sports, first as an athlete and then as a journalist. In my parents' home there's still a picture hanging over the hole I punched in the wall as a teenager after my favorite team lost a basketball game. Not my proudest moment.

But I couldn't help but be amazed at the sportsmanship on display on Blue Ridge Avenue Saturday. After about seven hours of watching the drivers race I didn't witness one kid with a bad attitude. Out of 112 racers, only three eventually won the big prize - a trip to the Soap Box Derby World Championships in Akron, Ohio - but if any of the drivers that didn't finish in first place pouted afterward, they did a good job hiding it.

"There is competitiveness," said Tony Troilo, the president of the Culpeper Soap Box Derby Committee and official race starter. "But on the same token - and this is what really brings it home - is when you see two drivers sitting side by side, ready to come out of the starting block and they look across at each other and say good luck. That tells you that there is some sportsmanship and with these kids we have a lot to be thankful for."

Carol Anne Brown, a 17-year-old who has competed in the Culpeper Derby in each of its five years of existence, finished her Soap Box Derby career Saturday by winning the sportsmanship trophy. That award is given each year and voted on by all the drivers. The oldest driver in the field set a good example for youngsters in attendance, making it all the way to the Super Stock Division finals, where she finally lost to Hunter Chapman.

Through it all, about nine hours and seemingly endless trips up and down the hill, Brown's smile never left her face. But she wasn't the only one in that Super Stock final setting a good example. When the race was over and Chapman had pulled out a victory by the tiniest fraction of a second, the 2005 Masters Division champion said he was excited to make a return trip to Akron, but sad he had to beat Brown to do it. Seventeen is the maximum age for Soap Box Derby drivers and in Chapman's moment of glory he was thinking about the fact his competitor wouldn't be able to race next year.

Perhaps that graciousness isn't too surprising when you consider Chapman won the sportsmanship award at last year's derby.

Nobody but the vote counters know what the final tally was, but I have to believe when it came to sportsmanship award a bunch of drivers had ballots cast in their favor. There certainly was no shortage of deserving candidates.

Shane Mettlen can be reached at 850-0771 ext. 127 or [email protected] .

Culpeper Star-Exponent  ©2009 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
Here is the OP in a thread apparently started by a parent of one of Carol Anne's former classmates (which school, I do not know). This is from a forum associated with what appears to be some sort of couples / family / parenting site (The Knot -> The Nest -> The Bump), if I gauge it correctly...

We may need therapy after this weekend...
Hinessn | 04-14-2009 at 5:43 PM

Talk about a crazy crazy weekend coming. We've been super busy with work this week and then this Friday we will be attending H's high school/family friends wake in Fredericksburg, Va; then the next day another high school friends wedding which i'm photographing in NC; then delivering two babyshow cakes I made this week AND photographing the babyshower on Sunday back in Richmond.

A wake, a wedding, and a babyshower all in three days. Our emotions are going to be off the freakin charts.

PS - thanks to all those who sent well wishes our way. H's friends death has impacted so many people. H isnt having a good day, spent a lot of time looking through her photos, but I know he'll come around. Her name was Carol Anne Brown and she was only 18. She did save 7 lives through organ donation so despite it all everyone is very proud of her for that. Everyone has been informed to wear bright colors to her wake and funeral, and to have fun if thats even possible.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »
Commemorative on YouTube:

Only The Good Die Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly6Vd95CgNA

Rest In Peace Carol Anne Brown. June 1, 1990- April 11, 2009.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »
Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 1-20, from Legacy.com/Richmond Times-Dispatch)

April 14, 2009
    May God Bless The Brown Family in Their Loss. Carol Anne was a great person, she will be missed greatly.

~ Wayne Hickman
April 14, 2009
    I did not know this beautiful, young woman; however, it is obvious that she was a wonderful, loving and caring person. May God be with her family during their time of grief.
April 14, 2009
    So sorry to hear of Carol Anne's passing. She had done so many wonderful things in her young life and we remember her as a very sweet, earnest young lady. Our prayers are offered to her family and all those who knew her and will surely miss her.

~ Linda Kassel,
Aiken, South Carolina[/list]
April 14, 2009
    My heart goes out to your family at this sad time. May God be with you.

(Jeff Alther's sister)

~ Sandra Brown,
Culpeper, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Our hearts go out for the entire Brown family. May God give you strength and peace to get through this difficult time.

Connie and Monica Jenkins

~ Connie Jenkins,
April 14, 2009
    Todd and Michelle Carol Anne was a great 4-H'er and made everyone very comfortable. It was a great pleasure to have a young lady who saw only good in the world as a member of the club during the time I served as a leader. Krystal and I send our love and condolences. May God bless and keep your family in his arms.

~ Barbara Anne & Krystal Day,
April 14, 2009
    We are so sorry and will keep you in our prayers

~ Pat and Bill Gravely,
April 14, 2009
    I don't know how a thing like this is borne, but if it is any solace to you at all, I believe you will see her again.

~ Matthew,
Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time of loss. Our wish is that the Lord will bless you, and keep you, and grant you His peace during this time.

~ John and Elizabeth Plunkett,
Louisa, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Know that you are in our thoughts at this difficult time. Carol Anne will truly be missed.

Mike, Caryn, Dustin, Kyle and Bailey

~ The Olinger's,
April 14, 2009
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So sorry for the loss of Carol Anne. Know that your family and friends are here for you in your time of need.

Aaron & Kelly Ward
    Wesley, Pippin, Hayden

~ Kelly Ward,
April 14, 2009
    I am from just a few miles away from the Stuart Hall school and even though I do not know this family my heart goes out to you. She seems to have been an amazing young lady even with her illness. I thank the parents for thinking of others through the organ donorship and also making others aware of this illness. Depression is silent but deadly and so many times not understood. My heart goes out to this family for their loss. May GOD bless you

~ Karen,
Waynesboro, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Carol Ann was a fun,comical,witty,intelligent,wonderful girl. We loved her as our own. She will be so so very missed.
    Love,Joan,Oliver and our entire family
April 14, 2009
    I did not know Carol Anne but she sounds like she was a very giving and loving young woman. My heart goes out to the family and friends. Remember, The arms that welcomed Carol Anne into heaven are the same arms that hold your hearts today.

God Bless each and everyone

~ L Cook,
Wakefield, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Let the Lord give you strength and peace.

Dennis & Sheri Mercier
April 14, 2009
    God Bless Carol Anne, her family and all those whose lives were touched by her.

Jody, Amanda, Ashleigh, Adam, Bryan

~ The Ramey's,
April 14, 2009
    I did not know Carol Anne or her family but after reading this beautiful obituary about your loved one it touched my heart this morning. To the families that received your loved ones organs what a very special gift you decided to bless them with after your loss. May you know your daughter is shining down on you with a smile on her face.

~
mrs. smith[/list]
April 14, 2009
    I did not know her personally but scanned her heart and it was strong. She gave someone else the gift of life. My condolences goes out to the Brown family in this time of sadness.
    ~
    Marian Mattis-Cooke,
Richmond, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    We were so sorry to hear of your loss. The thoughts of many are with you at this time of sorrow.

~ Jenny & Yvette Premier Physical Therapy,
Fredericksburg, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Our hearts break for your family. We have such fond memories of Carol Anne during all the 4H years and horse shows. She was a beautiful girl inside and out. Thank you sincerely for sharing her memories. With love and deepest sorrow, Donna Mallory, Justine & Rachel Weaver

~ Donna Mallory,

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:31:54 PM »
Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 21-40, from Legacy.com/Richmond Times-Dispatch)

April 14, 2009
    I will remember Carol Anne forever. From a tiny little girl to a beautiful young lady. My thoughts and prayers are with Todd, Michelle, Erin and Sean. You have a huge amount of support.

~ Anne Lindsay Hurt,
Virginia Beach, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Dearest Todd, Michelle, Erin and Sean;

Words cannot express feelings of grief over the loss of Carol Anne. Please know that our hearts are always open to you when you need us. We will forever keep you in our prayers, and pray that you find comfort in each other. Our prayer for Erin and Sean is for patience, love and understanding from others as they express their emotions of grief. Our prayer for Todd and Michelle is for forgiveness and strength.
    Carol Anne will never be forgotten, she will live on in each of you.
    All our love and prayers,

Ernie, Taina and Jonathan

~ Bottoms Family,
Quinton, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Although I did not know Carol Anne I feel like I did. I also have a child with Bipolar. My heart goes out to her and the family. Hold comfort in the fact that she lives on in others through her genorisity of giving life to others. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

~ Mary Fitzgerald,
Mechanicsville, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    I am thinking of you all each and every day, Todd, Michelle, Sean and Erin. I am so sorry to hear about sweet Carol Anne. I pray that God will give you peace and strength to help you through this very sad time. Carol Anne is at peace now, watching down on you at all times.

~ Marianne Sloan Seiler,
Austin, Texas[/list]
April 14, 2009
    We are praying for you during this difficult time. Our hearts are full of sorrow.

~ The Geesaman family,
Rixeyville, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    I'm so lucky i got the chance to be friends with Carol Anne, she was such a sweet, bubbly girl. I know she flew to heaven on the wings on angels, and I know shes smiling down right now. I love you Carol Anne, enjoy heaven, and stay beautiful. Rest in Peace Babygirl, I can't wait to see you again, until then, I'll be missing you! I love you CAB!

~ Lauren Schefflien
April 14, 2009
    Dear PAT
    I DID NOT KNOW YOUR GRANDCHILD BUT
    WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. SINCERLY

~ SANDY PLEASANTS,
RICHMOND, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Please accept our deepest and heartfelt sympathies.

Dan, Nancy & Jonathan Wilkerson
April 14, 2009
    I was so sorry to read of Carol Anne's death and so gratful to read of the donation of her organs. You are all in our prayers and thoughts in your time grief.

~ Becky Bostwick,
Tybee Island, Georgia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Todd and Michelle and family, we are so sorry for your loss. Our hearts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. What a beautiful child. May your hearts be stronger with faith.

~ Pam, Randy, Walker Prindle,
Washington, District of Columbia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Todd and Michelle,

I was heartbroken to hear about Carol Anne. My family and I are praying for you, Sean, Erin and the rest of your family.

~ Tad Butler,
Boston, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    I used to babysit Carol Anne and her sister Erin when Carol Anne was a little girl. I have wonderful memories of those times. I will continue to pray for her and her family.

~ Kathryn (Beattie) Stocco,
Winchester, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    I have fond memories of Carol Anne and was priveleged to get to know her more when I photographed her for senior images. She is a lovely, attractive girl who had a real positive attitude about life- and people- may God comfort and bless her grieving family.

~ Elizabeth Bailey,
April 14, 2009
    Our hearts are broken. May Our Loving Savior give you all his peace. We think and speak of you all often. Carol Anne will forever be in our prayers and hearts.God bless you all.

~ Francis, Michelle, Mary and Annamaria Alcaro,
Ramsey, New Jersey[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Didn't know this beautiful child, my heart goes out to her family, God Bless

~ Carolyn Schmidt,
Newark,, Delaware[/list]
April 14, 2009
    My thoughts and prayers are with the Brown and the Sprouse Families. I have not seen Carole Ann in years but she grew in to a beautiful young lady. I was heartbroken to hear of your loss and I am keeping you in my prayers.

~ Kathy Dmytryszyn,
Bumpass, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Todd, Michele, Erin and Sean,
    Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your entire family. Carol Anne was a beautiful person inside and out. We pray God gives you the strength through this diffecult time. She will truely be missed.

Eddie, Jason and Matthew Smith

~ Smith Family,
April 14, 2009
    Michelle, Todd and family, I am so sorry to hear about Carol Anne's death. She was such a beautiful young lady that I know you will have wonderful memories of her. Michelle, I use to work with you at Loadmaster and our daughters were born just a couple months apart. Please know that my heart and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

God Bless,
    Brenda(Zones)Brumfield
April 14, 2009
    We have been through what you are going through and you are in our prayers.
    Mary Ann & Leonard Cowherd

~ Len Cowherd,
April 14, 2009
    Dear Brown Family,

I was so lucky to know Carol Anne and have her as a childhood friend. It grieves me deeply to hear about your loss. I have trouble thinking back without being brought to tears now. I will keep your family in my prayers.
    God Bless.

Carol Anne Brown. You were most terrific friend anyone could ask for.

~ Helen Dawley,

° ° °

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
Ursus reminded me that Frank McGill went to 3 TTI programs.

MBA, Hyde & SLBTS.

Hyper saturation in random "Left field", "1 size fits all"  quack therapy can't be good for someone needing specific treatment for a specific condition.

A respectable university needs to research the suicide rate for bi-polar and/or "addiction prone" indiviudals that attended TTI programs.

This will be the 1st step.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
I could not agree more.  This is my main philosophical problem with my Alma Mater.  IT is not the "successes"  that go off and lead high functioning if slightly deluded lives, it is the kids that really need help and don't get it.  I am reticent to use my real name only because I hate to be googled and have hit show up associated with Hyde.  Both of these kids looked like such sweet children.  It is crime.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »
Quote from: "almost my real name"
IT is not the "successes" that go off and lead high functioning if slightly deluded lives, it is the kids that really need help and don't get it.

What about the kids that don't really need much help before they get to Hyde, yet are walking basket cases by the time they leave? I say those families got screwed. Of course, what else can you expect from a program that envisions turning the American educational system into one colossal string of LGATs as its God-given mission?

But I digress...

I must say, as I copy and paste these Obit entries, I am struck by how many people wrote in that did not even know Carol Anne Brown or her family. Choosing to donate her organs to those who really need them as a final tribute to who she was, as well as articulating that so movingly, has really affected a lot of people.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:30 PM »
Back to some more...

Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 41-60, from Legacy.com/Richmond Times-Dispatch)

April 14, 2009
    Todd, Michelle, Erin and Sean,
    My heart goes out to each of you. Your beautiful Carol Anne touched the lives of many people and we will miss her very much.
    Love, Cindy Coleman and family, Eric, Lindsay, Alexandra Coleman and Dave Wallace

~ Cindy Coleman,
Phoenix, Arizona[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Our deepest simpathy for your loss.
    Our prayers are with you

Joe & Nancy Gilbert

~ Joe & Nancy Gilbert,
Staunton, Virginia[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Todd,Michelle,Sean,& Erin-
    We are deeply sadden. We are praying for your family in this difficult time. GOD will give you your strength.

~ Alan and Stephanie Moy,
April 14, 2009
    Dear Brown Family, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of our dear Carol Anne. I will always cherish the countless wonderful memories and experiences I had with her and our familes. She was a beautiful person inside and out and she will always be close to my heart. I love you all and please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    Lindsay Coleman (Como)

~ Lindsay Coleman,
Phoenix, Arizona[/list]
April 14, 2009
    Michelle,Todd and family, My deepest sympathy is with you and your entire family in this time of deep loss.What a beautiful young lady.My heart goes out to you.

~ Butch Spicer,
Glendale, Arizona[/list]
April 15, 2009
    Michelle and Todd,
    My heart aches for you and your family tonight...after almost losing my son last Saturday night to a brain hemorrage, I can only imagine the pain you are in right now. Although the years and miles have separated us, please know that I have been in prayer for your family since I heard the sad news. God will give you strength to deal with your tragedy. Please know that my family in Glen Allen has been praying for you and your precious daughter. When I saw her picture, she reminded me so much of you, Michelle. Beautiful, vibrant, and so involved! I know words cannot console you right now, but I pray for your family, your understanding, and your strength to get through the days ahead. Be strong, lean on God, and let him lead you through these most darkest of days. He will be there for you and will provide you with the strength you need to get through each day. If there is ever anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me......I love you both....May God be with you, your children, and the rest of your family.
    Love,
    Robin (Martin) Boyer
April 15, 2009
    Tod, Michele and family,
    I am sad for your loss. Carol Ann was a delighful young woman. I think of her with her head tucked into her derby car determined as she started down the hill a few years ago. Thank God for her goodness and beauty. I lost a son and know your sorrow. I pray that you will find peace.

~ Boo Ingram,
Brandy Station, Virginia[/list]
April 15, 2009
    I don't know Carol Anne but she has lived a beautiful life and has touched so many hearts. She will always be remember. To her family you must have done a beautiful job raising her. My prayer are with you. She will always be with you. Be strong and God Bless you.

~ Deborah,
April 15, 2009
    I have never before responded to someone I did not know but your beautiful daughter must have been an extraordinary young person and God's gift to your family. I too have a daughter who suffers with Bi-polar and my heart aches for each of you. May you have the comfort of God's arms and blessings. what a beautiful legacy your daughter has left and what a shining example to the world.
April 15, 2009
    Todd, Michelle, and family. I was so very sad to hear of your devastating loss, your beautiful daughter. I pray God's immense healing powers will give you the needed strength and comfort to get through this extremely difficult time. My prayers will be continual for you all.
    With deepest sympathy,
    Stephanie Morgan Jones

~ Stephanie Jones,
April 15, 2009
    I was so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

~ Wendy (Whiteman) Rainville,
April 15, 2009
    Michelle and Todd -
    I didn't know your daughter, and Michelle, I haven't seen you in years! I feel compelled to reach out to you, from one parent to another. What a beautiful girl inside and out. Carol Ann's tribute was very touching. My heart breaks for you in trying to make sense of it all. I'm praying for you.

~ Linda (Headley) Peay,
April 15, 2009
    Dear Michelle, Todd, and family,

What an amazing and loving tribute to a truly beautiful, young woman! Love and understanding and a celebration of her life premeate the words of this tribute and make Carol Anne's generous spirit real for all of us who did have the pleasure to know her. I am holding you and all who knew and loved her close in my heart. Your gracious generosity to others in need and your strength and courage in such a difficult time are inspiring.

~ Karen Garr Reece,
April 15, 2009
    April 15, 2009

Todd, Michelle, Erin and Sean,
    Our deepest sympathy to you all. May God hold you close to him in the coming months. Carol Anne was such an uplifting person. We know first hand how much she helped form the Soap Box Jr. Committee. Brandon has benefited from this great organization that you and your family have helped create. We will forever be greatful for her leadership. We hold dear the wonderful memories of the 2008 Culpeper Race when Brandon drove her car. They had a great time together. Thanks for sharing your very precious child.
    We will keep you all in our prayers
    Our Love,
    Charlie, Sue and Brandon Feagan
    Richardsville, Virginia
April 15, 2009
    Dear Brown Family,

I have never had the pleasure of meeting any of your family but I wanted you to know that my prayers and thoughts are with you all during this difficult time. May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ comfort you and give you peace in the days to come.

~ Culpeper County Resident
April 15, 2009
    The Brown Family
    You are all in our thoughts and prayers. We did not know your family personally but our daughter has raced with the Culpeper Soap Box derby the past 2 years. Carol Anne always had a smile and encouraging words for all the drivers. She will be greatly missed.

The Goad & McMillion Family
    Ricky, Georgi, & Jackie

~ Ricky & Georgi Goad,
April 15, 2009
    Michelle and Todd,

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Carol Anne sounds like a wonderful young women. Be strengthen that her gift of organ donation has helped others live and she will live forever in your hearts.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth Cloninger Harper

~ Beth Harper,
Glen Allen, Virginia[/list]
April 15, 2009
    Dear Michelle, Todd, and family,

My heart is filled with sadness and compassion for your family. I was not privileged to know your Carol Anne, but she must have been a remarkable and lovely young woman.

Holding you in my thoughts,

~ June Garr,
April 15, 2009
    Todd and Michelle,
    I just wanted to express my deepest sympathy for your loss. From what I have read about your daughter it seems she has touched many lives and will continue to with her organ donations. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time in your lives.

~ Kaky (Wilson) McDonald,
Greenville, North Carolina[/list]
April 15, 2009
    Although we did not personally know Carol Anne, our thoughts and prayers go out to your family in this time of deep sorrow and tremendous loss. God bless you for the gift of life you have bestowed upon so many other families through your generous donation of her organs. Her legacy and spirit live on!

Adair Rubeling
    Daniel and Katie Kelling

~ Adair Rubeling,

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »
Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 61-80, from Legacy.com/Richmond Times-Dispatch)

April 15, 2009
    Todd & Michelle: You may recall i was working in Culpeper during the time Carol Anne was born. Darlene Tucker and I came to see Michelle and Carol Anne as a new baby shortly after she came home from the hospital to the apartment on Hendricks St. Hard to believe so much time has passed yet it is obvious that her life ended much too soon. Her contributions during her time here were immense and everlasting. I thank God for the privlege of knowing your family and pledge to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for all the years to come. May God's peace, which passess all understanding be with you as you move forward during this time.
    God bless,
    Faye Coates (and Delma too!)
April 15, 2009
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Carol Anne was a beautiful child. My fondest memory of Carol Anne is her showing Marbles at the State 4-H Horse Show many years ago and kicking butt!! You have wonderful memories of her that will help you through this horrible time. Hold onto them

~ Janet Bly,
April 15, 2009
    Michelle, Todd, Sean, and Erin,

I am so very saddened by your loss. My daughter, Mariah Wood, went to Stuart Hall with Carol Anne and they were very close friends. I had the pleasure of knowing Carol Anne, both from school and through Mariah. She was a beautiful, sweet, talented, young girl with a lovely voice and personality to match. You are so fortunate to have had such a special daughter. She touched our lives in the short time we knew her and she will be greatly missed.

~ Susan Davis,
Norfolk, Virginia[/list]
April 15, 2009
    Todd and Michelle, I was so upset to hear about Carol Anne. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting her, she sounds like a wonderful girl. She has done so much for so may in her short lifetime. I cannot even imagine what the two of you are going through. I want you both to know that you are very much in my thoughts and prayers and I love you both very much. Stay strong for Erin and Sean in their time of need as I know you both will.
    God Bless you all.

~ Beth Brooks,
April 15, 2009
    Michelle and Todd,

We were so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Julie, Tony, Brittany,
    Kendall and Michael Akers

~ Julie (Bartle) Akers,
Radford, Virginia[/list]
April 15, 2009
    Todd and Michelle, How precious she was, I am deeply sorry for your loss. After my sister stopped watching her we didn't get to see much of her but I can remember her sweet smile oh how we loved that little one.

Susie Clatterbuck
April 15, 2009
    Todd & Michelle,
    We are so saddened to hear of the loss of your most precious daughter. Reading of her contributions in her short life brought tears to our eyes. What an amazing young woman to want to always help others, even as her life ended. And how amazing that the two of you, even in your deepest grief, are thinking of others in your beautiful tribute to Carol Ann. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. May God hold you in his arms and comfort you during this time of profound sadness.

~ Pat & Bill Sanders,
Culpeper[/list]
April 15, 2009
    Dear Michelle, Todd, and Family,
    It was with great sorrow that we read of the untimely death of your daughter to so cruel a disease. We were among the first to meet you when you moved to Culpeper. We had the great good fortune to watch as you grew as a family. Carol Anne's death while a great loss has given life to many others. I heard it said that "Why do people die out of turn?" The answer is they never do. What some may take many years to accomplish, others do in just a very few years.
    May God's love and support be with you all now and in the days to come.

~ Mary & Al Burgess,
April 15, 2009
    Todd, Michelle, Lisa and Mr. & Mrs. Sprouse,
    I wanted to express my deepest sympathy for your loss. Carol Anne reminds me so much of you, Michelle when you were young. I know you all are very proud of all her accomplishments. I am sure she will be greatly missed, but forever adored and loved by her family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this difficult time. Please give out hugs to Lisa and your parents for me.

God Bless,
    Susan Faas McNamara

~ Susan McNamara,
April 15, 2009
    I have such sweet memories of Carol Anne and Erin when they were small and I baby sat them. You are such a wonderful family and I pray that you are able to find peace in your time of sorrow.

Love,
    Marie Lee
April 15, 2009
    Todd and Michelle,
    I am so deeply sorry for your loss of Carol Ann. She was a wonderful young lady and a joy to be around when we showed together in 4-H. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers in this sad time. Carol Ann will truly be missed everyday.

~ Krista Hayes,
April 15, 2009
    carol anne and i were close friends last year. i have so many memories with her i couldn't even begin with our best one because everyone was so wonderful. carol anne meant a lot to me and i wish i made time to see her this year. i love her dearly and i feel your pain. my mother shared the same disorder so i have strong empathy for you. you are in my thoughts. stay strong.

~ alex hendren,
staunton, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    Todd and Michelle,
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

~ Glenn Newcomb,
April 16, 2009
    I feel bad that the first time I hear about you or contact you is under these circumstances. I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

~ Michelle (Nix) Johnson,
Ashland, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    Todd and Michelle,
    Sorry for your loss. We have been praying your family. We pray for comfort and healing.

~ Tom and Eva Jones,
April 16, 2009
    Todd and Michelle, We are saddened to hear of your loss. Kathy came by the other day to share her memories of playing with Carol Anne when they were little. Our thoughts are with you, Erin, and Sean as you journey through this time of sorrow.

~ Joe, Lisa, Christina, Kathy Lenig,
April 16, 2009
    Please accept our deepest and heartfelt sympathy in the loss of your beloved daughter. May it help in some way to know that friends are sharing the sorrow in your heart. Let your memories be a source of comfort at this time.

~ Sandy and Bob Whiteman,
Glen Allen, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    Todd, Michelle and Family,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we hope that you can find some comfort in the outpouring of support from those she has touched.

~ Tony and Mary Jane Reed,
April 16, 2009
    Todd, Michelle, Erin, and Sean, I am so sorry to hear about Carol Ann. I remember her when she was just a little girl. I never got the pleasure of seeing her as such a beautiful young lady. May God be with you in this difficult time.

~ Lauren Soedler Lane,
April 16, 2009
    Todd & Michelle,
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

~ Sarah Dziuba Baltz

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 08:02:50 PM »
Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 81-100, from Legacy.com/Richmond Times-Dispatch)

April 16, 2009
    Dear Todd, Michelle, & Family,
    I am devestated to hear of the loss of your beautiful and amazing daughter. I pray God will wrap your family in His Gentle Love, Compassion, and Understanding. As you struggle with trying to understand this most inconceivable of tragedies, know that your family is being prayed for and so much Love is being sent to you across space and time.
    May God Bless You and keep you close in your time of need.

~ Robin Dowdy Crouch,
Williamsburg, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    We remember Carol Anne riding at Oliver's and with the hunt - always with a beautiful smile one her face. Heaven is more beautiful now with Carol Anne walking with the Lord.

~ Don and Fran Lyles,
Warrenton, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    Dear Michelle, Todd and Family,

We are so devastated by your loss. We will always hold close to us our memories of Carol Anne fox hunting with Virginia and Mason and all of her enthusiasm. Praying and thinking of you in your time of great loss

~ Sara and Donald Maley,
Amissville, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    When I think of Carol Anne, I remember her from when I knew her best--a tiny little girl with giant eyes who I am pretty sure learned to swim almost before she could walk. It is one of my most vivid and favorite memories of the Rec Club. I treasure it and I feel fortunate to have known such an amazing child. Todd & Michelle, you all have always held a special place in my heart and I am thinking of you, Erin, and Sean during this tragic time.

~ Beth (Frederick) Sewell,
April 16, 2009
    Dear Brown/Sprouse Families
    You probably dont remember me, but I was in Chris' grade @ Henrico. I am so sorry for the pain your families are going through. As I read a few of the entries, Carol Anne sounds like a wonderful person. She seems to have touched many. I hope the recepients of the organs know how lucky they are. I pray that your faith can help you all with dealing with such a tragedy.

~ Jody Lavin Young,
King William, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    Dear Michelle and Todd,
    I am so devastated to hear of you loss. I can not begin to imagine the pain that you are going through at this time. I will continue to pray for you and your family and that your faith in God will see you through this difficult time.
    You daughter seems like such an amazing person and the donating of her organs is such a wonderful gift.

~ Karen (Bartle) Walker,
Beaverdam, Virginia[/list]
April 16, 2009
    Dear Todd and Michelle, Erin and Sean,
    We are very sorry about your great loss. Our prayers and thoughts go out to you.

James, Rita and Karla Johnson

~ Rita Johnson,
April 16, 2009
    Emotions cannot be expressed, but Carol Anne will always hold a special place in our hearts, as will Erin and Sean. Our prayers are with you all. She will truly be missed.

Love, Joe, Julie, Lauren, Sophia, Rachel and Kacie

~ Julie Brakowiecki,
April 16, 2009
    Carol Anne was such a sweet and caring person. She was nice to be around and even though I don't have a LOT of memories with her, the ones I do have I will treasure always. Carol Anne will be missed by many and she is loved very much. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Brown family.

~ Lizzie Wheeler,
April 16, 2009
    Todd and Michelle,
    It sounds like your daughter was a very special person--beautiful both inside and out. I hope her memories will help your healing since no one ever expects to lose a child. God Bless.

~ Linda (Johnson) Adams,
April 16, 2009
    ~ Richard Blake,
sandston, Virginia[/list]
April 17, 2009
    Todd, Michelle & Family
    We are so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

~ Kyle Smith & Family,
April 17, 2009
    Dear Todd & Michelle and Family,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss of Carol Anne. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Om Shanti,
    Raksha

~ Raksha Kapil,
Baltimore, Maryland[/list]
April 17, 2009
    Michelle and Todd, I am so sorry! I just heard and can only imagine what you must be feeling. I'm seldom at a loss for words, but none could possibly be enough.
    My Love to you and your families

~ Jeff Atkinson,
Henrico, Virginia[/list]
April 17, 2009
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fran Michael (Hilton Head, SC)
April 17, 2009
    I am so unbelievably sorry to hear about your daughter, Carol Anne. Having a daughter the exact age, I can't help but reflect upon what a tragedy this is for you all. My prayer is that God will walk with you, guide you and hold you during this time as well as years to come. I am sure the pain you feel now is unbearable and words have little comfort. However, I will pray for you all and the rest of your family.

~ Linda Halenda (Wetzler),
April 17, 2009
    May God bless your family and give each one of you strength during this difficult time. Know that his peace will soon be on your way.
    Please know your family is in my thoughts and prayers and so is Carol Anne. May she continue to be the shining star in Heaven that she was here on Earth.
    God bless you all.

~ B Smith,
Boston, Virginia[/list]
April 17, 2009
    No bond is as great as that between a parent and child. My deepest condolences are with you as you grieve

~ Jennifer (Gregory) Hague,
Midlothian, Virginia[/list]
April 17, 2009
    Michelle and Todd, my heart is just breaking for you two and the family.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers...you are loved and supported by all.

~ Sherri Allen' Hall,
California[/list]
April 17, 2009
    Dear Brown Family,
    I was devastated when I heard of Carol Anne's passing. My only memories of her were as a beautiful, intelligent, precocious little girl and I can imagine that those terrific qualities blossomed even more during her adolescence. I am truly sorry for your loss and wish nothing but the best for you all during your time of sorrow.
    Sincerely,
    Megan (O'Connor) Burrows and family

~ Megan (O'Connor) Burrows,

° ° °

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
Despite her incredible attributes, Carol Anne suffered from the destructive illness of depression and bipolarism.

The Brown family encourages everyone who recognizes that their loved ones are suffering from this dreaded illness, especially teenagers during these most fragile years, to seek medical and consultative attention immediately.

Pretty fucking disgusting they turn a kid's death into a marketing opportunity... and they don't even bother to get the disease name right.  Who in their right mind would trust their kids with these people...  any of them.

Sometimes, i feel sorry for the depserate parents for genuinely getting conned.  Other times, I just feel sorry for the kids for being born into a house of total fuckwits who get thrown into a panic whenever they turn on the news.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »
exactly