Author Topic: R.I.P. - Carol Anne Brown  (Read 9979 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: R.I.P. - Carol Anne Brown
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 05:11:01 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Despite her incredible attributes, Carol Anne suffered from the destructive illness of depression and bipolarism.

The Brown family encourages everyone who recognizes that their loved ones are suffering from this dreaded illness, especially teenagers during these most fragile years, to seek medical and consultative attention immediately.
Pretty fucking disgusting they turn a kid's death into a marketing opportunity... and they don't even bother to get the disease name right.  Who in their right mind would trust their kids with these people...  any of them.

Sometimes, i feel sorry for the depserate parents for genuinely getting conned.  Other times, I just feel sorry for the kids for being born into a house of total fuckwits who get thrown into a panic whenever they turn on the news.

It's kinda hard to determine at this point, just where the parents were coming from. Suffice it to say, that they undoubtedly feel pretty shattered right now. Btw, I honestly didn't see this as a marketing ploy; just an earnest and very heartfelt warning to other parents to err on the side of caution, vis a vis depression during the teenage years.

I also feel compelled to point out that Carol Anne did not graduate from Hyde School, but from a place called Stuart Hall. For whatever reason, at some point, Carol Anne's parents saw fit to remove her from Hyde and enroll her closer to home. I like to think that they at least recognized how destructive a place like Hyde can be to someone who has some serious depression issues... And bipolar disorder? Hyde does NOT take it seriously.

If I'm not mistaken, Stuart Hall may well be this Episcopalian prep school, but I could be wrong. If I have identified it correctly, it's a bit churchy and moralistic, judging from their Inside Stuart Hall page, but probably more tolerant and certainly a lot more reality-based than Hyde could ever be.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »
I see John Romac weighed in on this batch...

Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 101-120, from Legacy.com/Richmond Times-Dispatch)

April 17, 2009
    Dear Michelle and Todd and family,

We are heartbroken for your loss. We are thankful for the strength you have that allowed you to write such a beautiful tribute to Carol Anne, so that those of us who never met her could know what a beautiful and giving person she was. We wish you all continued strength and eventual peace.

Love,
    Anne-Marie, Derek, and Philip Leake
April 17, 2009
    Dear Michelle and Todd,

May your family and loved ones be granted God's Peace that passes all understanding during this season in your lives. Allow the Lord to wrap his loving arms around you during those aching times when only He can comfort you.

~ Tracey (Glasper) Rinaldi,
Virginia[/list]
April 17, 2009
    Please accept our heartfelt condolences on your loss of Carol Anne. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this very difficult time.

~ The Rioux family,
Fredericksburg, Virginia[/list]
April 17, 2009
    Dear Michelle and Todd~

I am very sorry to hear about your daughter Carol Anne. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Tracie and Dave Hollis

~ Tracie Hollis,
New Kent, Virginia[/list]
April 18, 2009
    I didn't know Carol Anne but was struck by her beauty when I saw her photo. As I read her amazing writeup, my heart fell. I have suffered with depression most of my life & now, sadly, have a very young nephew who suffers with worse. For those who have never experienced it, it is incapacitating and impossible to put into words how painful it is. I can only imagine adding bipolarism to it. As sad as this is, I have warmth in my heart knowing this beautiful girl is no longer suffering and is at peace. I know the pain her family and friends are feeling is unbearable and I pray for peaceful healing for all. It breaks my heart to know how much she suffered here on earth. I did not know her, but I have felt her pain, and I will never forget her. Anonymous

~ J. C.,
Virginia[/list]
April 19, 2009
    Dear Michelle, Todd and family,

Please accept my sincere and heartfelt condolences on the loss of Carol Anne. I am shocked and saddened to hear of your great loss and know that time and faith will heal all. What a beautiful tribute to know that she has helped so many others and lives on through her donations of life. I benefit daily from the gift of a kidney from a courageous young man from Wyoming as does my father from a woman from Richmond. May God bless and heal your family during this time.

~ Todd Stone,
April 19, 2009
    Dear Todd, Michelle, and family,
    We want to send our most heartfelt sympathies and regards to you in this time of need. Time has gone too quickly and I haven't seen Carol Anne, or any of the Brown family, in quite some time, but I do definitely remember Carol Anne's infectious smile. I encourage you to always remember that. Your family will continue to be in our hearts and prayers. I wish for you God's undying strength and love through this difficult time.

Sincerely,
    Erin, Tony and the McKee family

~ Erin McKee,
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia[/list]
April 19, 2009
    Dear Todd and Michelle,
    You and your family are in our hearts. We were privileged to know Carol Anne as a little girl in "Barnum" when she was the "thumbs up" General Tom Thumb. What a sweet memory of a sweet little girl. Please always remember what wonderful parents you are and how much everyone loves you.

~ Beth and Joe Whistler,
Warrenton, Virginia[/list]
April 20, 2009
    Carol Anne i know your in a better place now and you are looking down watching over us with that beautiful smile of yours.
    P.S. tell god we werent ready to give you back yet. :) I love you Carol Anne

~ Jory Williams,
April 20, 2009
    Dear Todd and Michelle,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. May God lift you up and give you strength during this difficult time.
    Daniel and Jackie Payne
    Fredericksburg, VA
April 20, 2009
    Oh My Dear Michele and Todd!

I just today heard about the tragic loss of Carol Anne! I am so sorry! I wish there was something I could do to help you through this, but only God can do that. Please let Him help you in the days, months and years ahead. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

I haven't seen much of you since I got married and moved away. But I think of you often. I can see Carol Anne's beautiful smiling face as if I just saw her yesterday! Even in such a tragic time, it is almost impossible to think of her an not smile at the memory. And then cry at the loss.

I have not been able to get a link to the tribute you wrote to work from my work office, but I will try again from home tonight. But I have gleened enough from reading these to know that she has been suffering and now her pain is over. She has given life to many others. And, as a parent, I know your pain has hardly begun!

Hold on to Jesus and know that he is holding on to you. May you find comfort in knowing how loved all of you are!

~ Nancy (Frazier) Cortese,
Germantown, Maryland[/list]
April 20, 2009
    My thoughts and prayers are with you as I remember Carol Anne, her smile, her laugh and her love of the kids at Pine Tree camp hers in Maine. Peace be unto you and yours.

~ John Romac,
Bath, Maine[/list]
April 20, 2009
    Michelle, Todd, and family,

I am not sure how to precisely put into words how sorry our family is to hear of Carol Anne's passing, but I will try on their behalf. I remember her personally as a vibrant little girl in the pews at Precious Blood and it appears she blossomed into a breathtaking young woman. I'm sure her lively spirit lives on in your hearts, and will continue to do so forever. Please know that we are all thinking of you at this time, and will keep you close to our hearts as the wounds attempt to heal.

Love,
    Emily, Kathy, Eric, and Clarke Holter

~ Emily Holter,
Charlottesville, Virginia[/list]
April 21, 2009
    Todd, Michelle, Erin and Sean,
    I am so sorry to hear about Carol Anne's passing. She was a close friend, not only to Rachael, but our whole family. She had a beaming smile and quick witt that we will all miss. You are in my heart and prayers.
    Love you Carol Anne !!!!
    Mama B. Epperly

~ Brenda Epperly,
April 21, 2009
    We are so sorry to hear about your loss and pray that God will take your hand and lead you through the difficult days ahead. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

~ Steve and Dana Harty,
Culpeper, Virginia[/list]
April 22, 2009
    Michelle and Todd,
    I am so sad to hear of your tragic loss. Your moving tribute and the outpouring of love from others are a testament to your daughter's life. I hope the love and support of your family and friends will comfort you and your children as you grieve.

~ Dabney (Beadles) Robinson,
Mechanicsville, Virginia[/list]
April 22, 2009
    Michelle, Todd, Erin and Sean,

Carol Anne will be missed by all her knew her. She touched so many in so many different ways. I will never forget her smile in class as well as her charm. I'm not sure if you remember this poem Michelle, but it was my poem to my "kids". I read it at graduation.

Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

Stay GOLD Carol Anne!
    Love you!
    Mrs. Fry

~ Betsy Fry,
Culpeper, Virginia[/list]
April 22, 2009
    Dear Michelle, Todd, Erin and Sean,
    Our hearts break for you and we share your grief in the loss of your precious Carol Anne. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you at this very, very sad time. May the Lord be with you in your grief and healing.
    Sincerely,
    Jan and Bill Raisch

~ Bill/Jan Raisch,
Hilton Head, South Carolina[/list]
April 29, 2009
    Words cannot begin express the sadness I feel for your loss, Michelle and Todd. I can only imagine the lovely girl that came from two such wonderful people. I?know you will miss her dearly. You are blessed to have had her in your lives - although the time was too incredibly short. You have been courageous and I commend you for donating her organs and speaking so frankly about her illness of depression and bipolarism. Only through the kind of honesty and openess you have exhibited can diseases like these be dealt with and eventually cured. Bless you both. Please stay strong and know that all of you Michelle, Todd, your children and Carol Anne are in so many people’s thoughts and prayers. Love and peace...

~ Christine (Harrelson) Watson,
Richmond, Virginia[/list]
June 01, 2009
    My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief. May your memories bring you comfort. I Love You Guys

~ Jordan Stretch,

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
Here's another obituary, actually the very same obituary so I'm not going to repeat it, but it has a different Guestbook.

Guestbook entries for
Carol Anne Brown
(#s 1-20, from Clore-English.com)

TONYA MILLER
    May the beauty live on in your fondest memories of Carol Anne and bring you peace. Our prayers are with you and your family. Bill, Tonya, Tyler and Zachary Miller
    04/13/2009[/list][/list]
    CHERYL CLEAR
      My prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know that God is holding you in His hand.
      04/13/2009[/list][/list]
      J. TYLER MILLER
        The Brown Family, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Carol Anne was an inspiration to me in the soap box derby. She was always willing to give a lending hand, get her hands dirty and most of all she had the most beautiful eyes. I will miss her at the races. I have a picture with her, Sean and myself. God has a beautiful angel. She will be graciously missed by me and the comunity. I miss you Carol Anne. Love Always. Tyler Miller #149
        04/13/2009[/list][/list]
        ED DOVIN
          Michelle, Todd and Family...My thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time.
          04/14/2009[/list][/list]
          JULIE WILLIAMSON
            Todd, Michelle,Erin and Sean Please know that all of the Williamsons are praying for all of you and Carol Anne during this painful time. I will always cherish my memories of your darling daughter and sister. With Love, Julie
            04/14/2009[/list][/list]
            AMANDA AND CHRISTINE FARKAS
              We're sorry we are unable to attend the funeral. We'll always remember Carol Anne as we knew her from Epiphany: a big bright smile and a very good friend. She was easy to talk to. Know that she remains in our thoughts and prayers. Know that this is not the end. We will see her again.
              04/14/2009[/list][/list]
              TRACY & KANE VAUGHN
                My son was in the Soap Box Derby with Carol Ann, and voted for her for best sportsmanship. She was always willing to give advice to the rookies, and they respected her for it. She will be greatly missed. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
                04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                TERESA MAUPIN
                  The Brown Family, I did not have the honor to know your precious daughter but I have a son her age who has had a difficult battle with depression. My heart breaks for your family. I am so sorry for your loss but I thank you for bringing attention to the illness of depression. So many people don't understand or acknowledge it and it can destroy so many lives. Your family will stay in my heart and prayers.
                  04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                  SUSAN KROH
                    Dear Todd, Michelle and Family, Deepest condolences on your tragic loss. I will be keeping you all in my prayers. If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to call. With love, Susan
                    04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                    CAROL A. CLARK
                      What a beautiful, accomplished, precious Daughter. I live in Beaufort, SC and just read Carol Anne's obituary in our paper and felt your pain through that article. Our family lost our precious Daughter, Lisa, to the same destructive illness thirteen years ago on May 13, 1996. It was the day after Mother's Day. Unfortunately, she was quite the actress - we had no idea she was suffering inside the way she must have been. Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. After the numbness wears off somewhat, if I can ever be of comfort or of any help to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.
                      04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                      JANET & BOB WILLIAMS
                        We are friends of Lisa Farmer. We are so sorry for you loss. You and all you family are in our prayers. God is always there for you. Her death have given so many life. In your sorry you have something to be thankful for.
                        04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                        ANN SCOTT
                          I grew up in Richmond and still have family there. I look at the obit section quite often. I was very saddened to read of your lovely daughters passing (no I did not know her). My brother died 17 years and I have an idea how you are feeling. Back then not many health professionals recognized mental illness and of course family members tended to look the other way. Your daughter's short life was extremely full and you have much to remember and to be proud of. Ann
                          04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                          CONNIE JENKINS
                            We are so blessed to have known Carol Anne. We had some really good times with the 4-H Hunt Club, the local horse shows, and the state horse shows. No one can take thoughs memories away from us. She will be truly missed. We pray God will wrap his loving arms around the whole Brown family. Connie and Monica Jenkins
                            04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                            ELLEN HUNTER
                              I was deeply saddened by the loss of your beautiful daughter. I did not know her, but when I was scanning the obituaries, her beautiful smile caught my attention. I was drawn to the article and was impressed by all she had accomplished in such a short time. My only child suffers from schizophrenia. I know it has probably been a rough road, on and off, for Carol Anne and her family...hopefully, one day, there will be a cure for these devastating brain disorders. Again, my condolences to the family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                              04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                              DIXIE (HEADLEY) WOOD
                                Dear Michelle, I used to be a neighbor of your mom and dad when we lived in Meadowood on Hummingbird Road in the l970's. You were friends with some of my childen, Lisa, Chuck, Janet, and Linda Headley. I remarried after my husband's death. I read about the loss of your beloved daughter, Carol Anne, and wanted to express my most sincere condolences. Losing one's child is the hardest of all losses. God bless you always.
                                04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                                JULIANA CARTER
                                  Though we did not cross paths here on earth, I feel a strong connection to Carol Anne and am deeply saddened by her story, as I'm sure countless others are. Besides the similarities I feel we share in beliefs, interests, personalities, and conincidentally college--there is a deeper connection still. I too suffer from depression and bipolar disorder and have for several years now. Not only I, but my family and friends (indirectly) are all too familiar, unfortunately, with the the destruction, pain, shame, and desperation these illnesses cause its' victims. It seems despite that, she lived a full, active, giving, loving life. I am extremely proud and impressed by her, and only wish I had been blessed with the chance of knowing her. My heart and prayers go out to her family and friends--words cannot even express. Her story will touch the lives of many as it did mine. Many will learn from her life, from her beautiful presence here on earth. I believe that Carol Anne has relief, acceptance, peace, happiness, and love for all eternity.
                                  04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                                  KITTY DODD
                                    Michelle and Todd, my heart stopped when I heard about Carol Ann. I remember her at St. Luke's School as a wonderfully smiley and intelligent little girl. She was full of fun and very competitive in many areas. My prayers go out to your family, and I know she will always be in the memory of those who knew her and whose lives she touched. love, Kitty
                                    04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                                    JOHN AND LINDA KASSEL
                                      Our hearts and prayers go out to all whose lives she touched and especially her family. We remember her as a sweet, earnest and bubbly young lady who had many talents and we felt privileged to have known her and her family.
                                      04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                                      DOUG AND MICHELLE CRITCHELL
                                        Dear Tod and Michelle, It seems almost yesterday when Carol Anne came into this world.She put a big proud grin on the grandparents faces.We are sad for you and the others who must endure the pain of saying goodbye. Love, Doug & Michelle Critchell
                                        04/15/2009[/list][/list]
                                        KATHLEEN BETTINGER
                                          Dear Todd,Michelle,Erin and Sean We are so saddened by the loss of your beautiful Carol Anne. There are no words at a time like this. Our memories of her will always include that spunkie little girl riding through on Buddy and Carrot Top. God Bless and Prayers for your family, and Carol Anne.
                                          04/15/2009[/list][/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                          « Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
                                          Guestbook entries for
                                          Carol Anne Brown
                                          (#s 21-40, from Clore-English.com)

HEATHER FLEURY
                                            May God be with you in this time of loss.
                                            04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                            KEN CARR
                                              Todd & Michelle, The Facebook community alerted me to your loss. My family's prayers are with yours at this tragedy. I wish you strength and healing. Sincerely, Ken
                                              04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                              ROB MILNER
                                                Todd, I was so very sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.
                                                04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                SARAH DZIUBA BALTZ
                                                  Todd & Michelle, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                                                  04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                  ANGELA ODOM
                                                    I am someone who does not know any of you, but read about Carol Anne in the Richmond paper. Her beautiful photo drew me to know more about such a kind spirited looking young woman. I can tell that she is truly a treasure to all that knew her, and appreciate that your family chose to alert others to become aware of depression. Sharing that information is very necessary and brave of your family to do at such a difficult time. What a wonderful family you must be to be so supportive of Carol Anne, even after she has so suddenly left for peace with God. My condolences are sent to all of you. Thank you for sharing your daughter's short life with strangers, and for reminding those of us who are close to those with depression that we must be vigilant. All things good are wished for your family.
                                                    04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                    NICKY WHITESIDE & FAMILY
                                                      We were sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. She was a great help to me in the soap box derby, and on the junior committee. She will be missed by us all. Her Smiling face and helpful hints will be missed greatly in this years derby. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                      04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                      WENDY (HARRIS) DIXON
                                                        Dearest Todd and Michelle, Words cannot begin to express how saddened I was to hear about your beautiful Carol Anne. My family is praying for healing, strength and courage as you are held and surrounded in love.
                                                        04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                        VIRGIL & VICTORIA SISK
                                                          Todd,we are very sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.
                                                          04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                          BETH (GRUBBS) ATKINSON
                                                            Todd & Michelle - Can not imagine the loss and you and your family are feeling at this time. Carol Anne obviously had a beautiful soul and touched so many people in a positive way. May the happy memories and the gift of her life help you through this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                                                            04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                            KIM (MILNER) HEAVNER
                                                              Dear Todd, we were neighbors growing up. I am so very sorry to hear about your daughter. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                                                              04/16/2009[/list][/list]
                                                              KAY MORTON
                                                                Dear Brown family, We are friends of Betsy and Dan and wish to extend our deepest sympathies and our prayers to all of you in this time of deep sorrow and sadness. Carol Anne was a wonderful part of your lives, and you will miss her. As parents and grandparents ourselves, we are heartsick for your loss. We will pray for you and know God will somehow give you strength. With our deepest sympathies, Kay & Tom Morton, Hilton Head Island
                                                                04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                EVE O'REILLY
                                                                  Hi Betsey - You and your family are in our prayers. She looks like a beautiful girl. May Carol rest in peace. Eve
                                                                  04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                  CYNTHIA HINEBAUGH
                                                                    My thoughts and prayers and deepest sympathy are with you. Cynthia Hinebaugh
                                                                    04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                    DON & SANDY SHUMAN
                                                                      Todd & Michele: Our most hearfelt condolences on the loss of your darling Carol Anne. This loving community of Culpeper will wrap their arms around you and your family to hold you tight and grieve with you as they have done for us and so many others in their "dark "days. You are in our prayers!
                                                                      04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                      JOY GUYER
                                                                        I am a friend of Betsy and Dan Browns from Hilton Head. Carol Anne's obituary caught my attention with her warm and engaging smile. One had to know immediately that she had touched and enriched many lives. Her shining smile will be remembered forever by those who were privileged to know her. I send my deepest sympathy at this time to the extended Brown family and Carole Anne's maternal grandparents.
                                                                        04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                        JENNIFER (GREGORY) HAGUE
                                                                          Please accept my deepest sympathies
                                                                          04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                          DARRELL AND BRENT PAYNE
                                                                            Todd and Michelle: I will always remember Carol Ann as a youngster riding in the local shows and how nice she was to me as an adult riding in those same shows. I will also always remember her spunky riding ability and her bright smile. Darrell and I both send our deepest sympathies to you and Erin and Sean. Although we will be unable to attend the services this weekend, please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Darrell and Brent
                                                                            04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                            JERRY AND HEATHER BROWN II
                                                                              Todd and Michelle, Jay and I are DEEPLY sorry for your loss. We know what it is like living with a teenage daughter with Bipolar Disorder,how destructive this disorder is. Again we in the entire family are very sorry for your loss. Your Daughter will truly be missed in our community! Your thoughts and prayers are in our heart. Sincerely, Jerry,Heather,Chloe and Josh Brown
                                                                              04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                              ELAINE DARNELL
                                                                                Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time of great sadness.
                                                                                04/17/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                                MIKE AND WANDA STOVER
                                                                                  Todd, Michelle, Erin, Sean, and family We are deeply saddened by your loss of Carol Anne. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time. Keep your faith strong and know that Carol Anne is a beautiful and peaceful angel in heaven now; but will live on forever in the hearts of the many lives she touched.
                                                                                  04/18/2009[/list][/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                  • *
                                                                                  • Posts: 8989
                                                                                  • Karma: +3/-0
                                                                                    • View Profile
                                                                                  « Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
                                                                                  Guestbook entries for
                                                                                  Carol Anne Brown
                                                                                  (#s 41-46, from Clore-English.com)

TIM AND SUSAN SISK
                                                                                    Todd and Michelle, Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of sorrow. Carol Anne will be remebered by her bright smile and cheer she provided to everyone she met.
                                                                                    04/18/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                                    MONICA FERRELL
                                                                                      I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I don't know your family but was so touched by the loving message about a loved one suffering from depression and bipolar. I too have a son with the same and we are vigilant in his care. So thoughtful of you to think of others during this time. Nami (National Alliance for Mental Illness) has been a great source of comfort for me while caring for my loved one and may be a great support for you and your family right now. I just needed to write to you and express what a beuatiful family you must be to think of others during this time!!! She was such a beautiful young lady and seemed to have such a big heart--what a gift you had and such a blessing she will be to the recipients of her donations! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                                                                                      04/19/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                                      ALLEN TUEL
                                                                                        Todd and Michelle Thinking of you in these difficult times. Allen
                                                                                        04/19/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                                        LAURIE AND PAUL HURD
                                                                                          We were so saddened to learn about Carol Anne's passing. We will remember her as a young woman with a special spirit who enjoyed learning about an helping others. Please know you are in our hearts and prayers now as well as in the difficult days ahead. Paul and Laurie Hurd
                                                                                          04/22/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                                          LORI WHITEMAN MAURINUS
                                                                                            Todd and Michelle, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family during this difficult time. Lori
                                                                                            04/23/2009[/list][/list]
                                                                                            RICHARD AND DALE PERRY
                                                                                              Todd and Michelle,
                                                                                              Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                                                                                              I know Richard would have been there with a big hug for each of you if his health would have allowed.
                                                                                              Love, Dale
                                                                                              05/09/2009[/list][/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                          • *
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 8989
                                                                                                                          • Karma: +3/-0
                                                                                                                            • View Profile
                                                                                                                          « Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
                                                                                                                          Cross-posted for relevance, from the Suicide thread in the Open Free for All forum:

Originally posted on 13 Aug 2010:
                                                                                                                          Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
                                                                                                                          Quote from: "BuzzKill"
                                                                                                                          Reformed 12 stepper:

These private, for profit, peer pressure/synanon based programs do indeed push kids over the edge. This is the intent. Then, supposedly, they build them back - or get them "fully baked" as WWASP would say. But once you have devastated a persons very identity and called into question all they have believed and trusted, you can never put them back together without there being a few cracks - and this is assuming they survive the shattering. As you've seen, some do not. PTSD is extremely common.  This is often added to the already present burden of pre-existing mental health or emotional disorders that have been grossly mismanaged by these programs.  Its no wonder suicide is such a looming issue.

You mention all one would miss out on thats fun - but keep in mind for a truly depressed person nothing is fun. This is the problem.

I'd advise those feeling this way to remember they have enjoyed life and they can again - depression is not a permanent state; death and what ever comes after it, is. By all means see a doctor - go to the hospital and tell them what your considering. If your uninsured tell them you need to see a social worker to apply for medicaid or assistance from what ever the local community offers. There are often many resources available people are unaware of. You might even qualify for SSI or disability if you get a proper diagnosis, and there are social workers who can help you apply. There are lawyers who will help for a cut of the first check which is always a whopper as it goes back to when you applied and the application process takes a long time.

As anger is commonly associated with depression consider legal and productive avenues to express it - Art, music and writing for example, can be excellent ways to work through this.

I want to correct someone (forget who and don't want to go searching) that spoke of Layne Brown. Layne was not a suicide. His heart gave out.

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Bears repeating so much!!!

Sorry, I have to....I love this gif!.....

Offline hyde88

• Posts: 18
                                                                                                                          • Karma: +0/-0
                                                                                                                            • View Profile
                                                                                                                          « Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 01:46:15 AM »
                                                                                                                          I grew up there.

Offline hyde88

• Posts: 18
                                                                                                                          • Karma: +0/-0
                                                                                                                            • View Profile
                                                                                                                          « Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 01:55:50 AM »
                                                                                                                          I knew her. I just...ummm, I really don't know what to say. We went to school together, and she always seemed....well, I am sure you tubesteaks will turn it into what you want...but she always was nice to me and was a real presence.