Author Topic: Evil Step Monster Lashes Out  (Read 8119 times)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Re: Evil Step Monster Lashes Out
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »
I'd just like to mention that I did not post this thread on this sub forum... I posted it in the CAN sub forum under the title "Message from Dianne Carter" and simply asked if other people had received that same message. Someone else must have read it in that moderated forum and felt it necessary to post it in the un-moderated forum therefore encouraging the trolls to rile up some controversy in this topic. That was not MY personal intention, I was calling for discussion on the matter because I was under the impression that more people on this forum received this letter. I intended to speak with THEM about it, not argue with trolls.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "katiesthoughts"
LOOK EVERYONE JUST STOP! I AM TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT AT HOME AND I DONT WANT IT HERE> DIANE LEAVE FORNITS ALONE! IS THERE NOT ONE PLACE I CAN GO TO BE RID OF THE PATRONIZING!!!!

Just so you know...  it appears it's not Dianne (see my last message above).  There is a troll on this board who likes to take whatever side isn't being argued.  In a sense he plays devil's advocate (though he is often indistinguishable from the real deal).  In that sense, I respect him as he's good at what he does, but on the other hand, he's completely insensitive, and for that I must apologize on his behalf.

For better or worse... he's like a cancerous boil on the butt of this forum.  Can't get rid of him so you just have to learn to live with him.  I've learned to look on the bright side of things.  When he's not around, it's a little too boring, for one, and secondly, although it might not be his intent, he does get people to think about why they believe what they believe, which is always a good thing.

Jesus christ! I cant even write without trolls and others taking  either side. DONT TAKE SIDES> ITS NOT ABOUT THAT! i am merely defending myself.
SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR MANKIND! This is not about blmae its about relaity. Please, if you cant say anything nice dont open your mouth. i cant stand it anymore!

Well.  It's sort of the nature of an unmoderated forum.  It can't really be avoided.  The CAN section of the forum *is* moderated but at the same time it tends to be less active as there is less freedom in terms of what can be said (for example: no anon posting, meaning people can't express an unpopular view anonymously), and thus there is less controversy.

On the surface, it might seem that this forum thrives on controversy and drama.  While there might be some truth in that, I like to think of it as a necessary function of a thinking society...  open commerce of ideas... a think tank...  In the words of a supreme court justice:

"The First Amendment was designed "to invite dispute," to induce "a condition of unrest," to "create dissatisfaction with conditions as they are," and even to stir "people to anger." The idea that the First Amendment permits punishment for ideas that are "offensive" to the particular judge or jury sitting in judgment is astounding. No greater leveler of speech or literature has ever been designed. ...  The First Amendment was not fashioned as a vehicle for dispensing tranquilizers to the people. Its prime function was to keep debate open to "offensive" as well as to "staid" people. The tendency throughout history has been to subdue the individual and to exalt the power of government. The use of the standard "offensive" gives authority to government that cuts the very vitals out of the First Amendment. As is intimated by the Court's opinion, the materials before us may be garbage. But so is much of what is said in political campaigns, in the daily press, on TV, or over the radio. By reason of the First Amendment - and solely because of it - speakers and publishers have not been threatened or subdued because their thoughts and ideas may be "offensive" to some."

In other words, while it might not be popular in a program (where you think what they want you to think), it's also the fundamental basis on which a free society matures and grows.  If everybody agrees and nobody is free to disagree, nothing ever changes...  nothing ever evolves...  "drama" as some might call it, is a necessary thing.

You should just Ban the who. Itsa troll in the tradtiionall sence. Someone who posts just to annoy and harrass. I consider his posts spam :spam:  :soapbox:

Katie, the prople responding to you are either your awful parents or thewho. When people post they were sexually abused in programs, thwho makes fun of them. He is a middleged man with maturity and psychological development of a toddler.  He is an ASPEN staff. He will be as mean to you as possible. Just post in the CAN forum. Then you won't have to put up with his shit or that Diane/Micheal Carter, Dayton Ohio.

People here support you. As does anyone with a brain/heart. Unfortunately that means Diane doesn't

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
Quote from: "katiesthoughts"
LOOK EVERYONE JUST STOP! I AM TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT AT HOME AND I DONT WANT IT HERE> DIANE LEAVE FORNITS ALONE! IS THERE NOT ONE PLACE I CAN GO TO BE RID OF THE PATRONIZING!!!!

Just so you know...  it appears it's not Dianne (see my last message above).  There is a troll on this board who likes to take whatever side isn't being argued.  In a sense he plays devil's advocate (though he is often indistinguishable from the real deal).

Well, he doesn't quite take the side that isn't being argued. He deliberately abuses or makes absurd comments as a way of rerouting our focus. I don't think that's respectable. And though it does bump the google rankings it is hurtful to people and harmful to the purpose of this forum.

Also, even though at other points you say you "can't out him" just now you did. Obviously there is some discretion involved here, so just ban the creep or only let him post in one forum, or not 1,000 times a day, or even just not in topics that pertain to this. I'm going to post my most persuasive emotiocons now and you will agree with me. girl.   :soapbox:  :jawdrop:  :timeout:  :deal:  :poison:  :nods:  :feedtrolls:  :beat:  :clown:  :jamin:  :spam:  :blabla:  :guesswho:  ::deadhorse:: O0  ::OMG::  :wall:

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2009, 08:16:37 PM »
I dind't out him.  I didn't even check the IP.  He outed himself by using the same *exact* eccentric argument he did in the past under his old username...  and it wasn't even me who pointed it out, but another guest.  If you've been around here long enough you'd recognize his writing/argument style at a glance, anyway.  It's VERY distinctive.

And no...  He's not getting banned.  It doens't even work anyway.  He just uses a proxy.  We could try cutting off all proxies and all tor nodes off, but that would likely both not work (he's even resorted to dialup in the past) and resulting in restricting the ability of everybody else to use proxies to stay completely anonymous.

There was a time in the past where he was banned...  long story.. it was a mistake based on innacurate information that he was flooding. anyway.  It didn't work.  Nothing has worked.  Deal with it.  If you want a moderated forum, post in sections such as CAN or elsewhere.  This forum is open to anybody and everybody and always will be.  Sorry, but that's the way Ginger (Antigen) wants it and that's the way I enforce it.  Take it up with her as I have no real authority other than to enforce and recommend.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2009, 08:18:21 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
harmful to the purpose of this forum.
Which is?  You should ask Antigen about that before you go presuming what the purpose of this forum is.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »
He deliberately abuses or makes absurd comments as a way of rerouting our focus.
So ignore him and reroute the focus back by returning to the original topic.  Try it.  It works.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
Which is?  You should ask Antigen about that before you go presuming what the purpose of this forum is.

examination of certain subjects. Who posts 1,000 times and wrecks examination of a certain subjects. But anyway, what is "dial up"? This whoperson is rather distrubingly obsessed.I wonder if he is just a true-blue cult disiple acting on orders, or paid. Quite strange.

So ignore him and reroute the focus back by returning to the original topic. Try it. It works.

You think? i don't know 20 pages of counter-arguments (not made by me!) seems to imply otherwise. But maybe you are right! :soapbox:  :feedtrolls:  :nods:  :beat:  ::deadhorse::  ::poke::

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »
He deliberately abuses or makes absurd comments as a way of rerouting our focus.
So ignore him and reroute the focus back by returning to the original topic.  Try it.  It works.
Come on man, fornits using EFFORT?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2009, 08:41:05 PM »

There's something to be said for sparring with TheWho as a means for toughing up your critical thinking and rhetorical skill. You could even say he is part of the post-program healing process!   :D  

Maybe not a very pleasant part for some of us, but you certainly have the freedom to ignore him when it gets to be too much.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »
Just so you know... it appears it's not Dianne (see my last message above). There is a troll on this board who likes to take whatever side isn't being argued. In a sense he plays devil's advocate (though he is often indistinguishable from the real deal). In that sense, I respect him as he's good at what he does, but on the other hand, he's completely insensitive, and for that I must apologize on his behalf.

For better or worse... he's like a cancerous boil on the butt of this forum. Can't get rid of him so you just have to learn to live with him. I've learned to look on the bright side of things. When he's not around, it's a little too boring, for one, and secondly, although it might not be his intent, he does get people to think about why they believe what they believe, which is always a good thing.

Just to point out there were also some insensitive posts directed towards Katies parents and their story as well.  I am not sure if we want to call them trolls too or are the trolls just the ones who are insensitive towards Katie?  Either way I agree with you that there is no need to write insensitive posts towards anyone.  Maybe I am being a bit closed minded or unfair because the anti-program posters here may take on the title of “trolls” on a pro program forum so this may be considered fair.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »
they say some go get lost at will
others lose their way
some will swim, others fly
drown, and crash, and burn
but it dont matter, anyways
all return to onest begun
we're told one thing, do another
it's the human way
know too much, know too little
reason just the same
cash it in, time has come
god dont need no banks
stand up please, on your knees
hands clamped tight with fear
crystal tears, trembling brow
the time is finally near
so much waiting, all that time
no doubt, it has begun

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
There's something to be said for sparring with TheWho as a means for toughing up your critical thinking and rhetorical skill. You could even say he is part of the post-program healing process!   :D

That's like sparring with an 80-year-old with scoliosis.