Author Topic: Evil Step Monster Lashes Out  (Read 8199 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Re: Evil Step Monster Lashes Out
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »
They're exercising cognitive dissonance so they can defend their actions and get attention and cry victim for themselves,  and use institutional terms and buzzwords/thought stopping cliches every third word. They don't GIVE A FUCK about anything but themselves and looking through their program-colored lenses (a nice shade of brown) at the world to make it suit them.

The only thing you can do is advice Katie on her rights and how to move out, help her when she wants to, and make programmommy and programdaddy shit a few bricks. Unless they take it out on her because they got what they deserve, then I think you need to start hammering the pineapples...

Also there is a five deep recursive quote limit. What kind of shitty forum software is this Psy? god damn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
Katie is the one that needs talking to at this point.  She is over 18 and will be moving out soon.  Nothin to teach the parents now.  They are pretty much out of the picture.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Katie is the one that needs talking to at this point.  She is over 18 and will be moving out soon.  Nothin to teach the parents now.  They are pretty much out of the picture.
I just said that. thank you mr echo.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2009, 10:28:24 PM »
Quote from: "Nihilanthic"
They're exercising cognitive dissonance so they can defend their actions and get attention and cry victim for themselves,  and use institutional terms and buzzwords/thought stopping cliches every third word. They don't GIVE A FUCK about anything but themselves and looking through their program-colored lenses (a nice shade of brown) at the world to make it suit them.

The only thing you can do is advice Katie on her rights and how to move out, help her when she wants to, and make programmommy and programdaddy shit a few bricks. Unless they take it out on her because they got what they deserve, then I think you need to start hammering the pineapples...

Also there is a five deep recursive quote limit. What kind of shitty forum software is this Psy? god damn.
The injustice of it horrorfies me. Instead of an education 3 years of torture...

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2009, 10:28:58 PM »

The parents know that they cannot be sued.  They have been reading here for a few years now.   In fact they have a good case on suing Katie if it turns out that she didn’t apply herself and dragged out her stay there resulting in extra expenses that could have been used to help her siblings thru college.

Three years is a long time to just get your shit together, you know what I mean?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »

The parents know that they cannot be sued.  They have been reading here for a few years now.   In fact they have a good case on suing Katie if it turns out that she didn’t apply herself and dragged out her stay there resulting in extra expenses that could have been used to help her siblings thru college.

Three years is a long time to just get your shit together, you know what I mean?

That's so stupid and just bullshit its not even wrong, dude. jesus.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2009, 12:36:08 AM »
Why the hell are you people humoring the who with this discussion? Duh. no comparison between forcefully taking someone's mail after you've imprisoned them and posting a letter someone sends you. This is so moronic. Why do you allow these trolls to control the discussion? They are trying to distract from this woman's sociopathy. Don't let them suceed. STFU

It is called information.  It is funny how this gets to you so much.  Let me break it down a little simpler for you.  2 people are posting on an open forum and another sends an email message to another.  This is implied to be private.

Maybe that was her wish, but a contract is mutual.  You sending me a message saying "don't post this" doesn't mean I have agreed not to post it or have any obligation (legal, ethical, or otherwise) to oblige your wish.  It would entirely be up yo my discretion.  Now...  If I have already agreed not to post any of your messages (such as by stating a policy or personally agreeing), that's a form of contract, and by publishing the message, i'm breaching that contract.

In my case... I don't publish emails or PMs I get because it's an issue of trust.  I want to be able to get emails and PMs from Staff and program parents (and I do).  If I suddenly started publishing that information, I wouldn't get any more emails/PMs with anonymous tips.

If she wanted the information on the forum she would have done it herself.  When you hand your credit card to your waitress this doesn’t mean she can write your card number down and give it to the bus boy who is collecting card numbers or that she can post your information online.

That's credit card fraud.  You're confusing the issue and making a nonsensical argument.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2009, 12:38:28 AM »
In fact they have a good case on suing Katie if it turns out that she didn’t apply herself and dragged out her stay there resulting in extra expenses that could have been used to help her siblings thru college.

And that would be an instance of dumb fucking parents blaming their own idiocy on their kid...  and they'd lose the suit, too.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2009, 12:40:19 AM »

It is called information.  It is funny how this gets to you so much.  Let me break it down a little simpler for you.  2 people are posting on an open forum and another sends an email message to another.  This is implied to be private.  If she wanted the information on the forum she would have done it herself.  When you hand your credit card to your waitress this doesn’t mean she can write your card number down and give it to the bus boy who is collecting card numbers or that she can post your information online.

That's the who. He's lying about his identity and posing as a "guest" as usual. He used the exact same analogy and phrasing before. Don't gt trolled by this freakish child abuser.
5http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS305US305&q=isac

Quote from: "thewho"
But why would anyone want to post another persons personal information on the web without their permission?
It isnt right or ethical and it could be dangerous.
I understand the information is out there to find...but think of it as giving your credit card to your waitress, there is an implied trust there...would it be okay for her to give the information to a "bus boy" who asked her for it? She is not stealing, right? You gave it to her freely..... But I think we can all see that it is unethical and not right for her to do this. .

great find!  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :rofl:  :clown:
LOL...  BUSTED!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2009, 11:04:25 AM »
I wonder if threatening to suit your child b/c you spent tens of thousands of dollars to have them mentally and physically assaulted, and they didn't respond well,  could be defined as Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »
I feel compelled to once again point out to Katie's folks - everything you are doing (that can be seen from whats posted here) will make your daughter's mental illness much worse. She has been diagnosed with a serious mental illness and you are clearly not bothering to educate yourselves about it. You are instead listening to the kool-aid - and all the kool-aid wants to to keep you drinking it so yu will keep assisting with their cash flow. They are not concerned with your daughter's health or happiness - or yours.

Borderlines live with e great dread of abandonment; their emotional excess is made much worse by invalidation - and you people are constantly invalidating everything she thinks and feels - and you have already proven you will abandon her - and are making your future intention to do so again crystal clear.

It might be best if she has her own place. Many parents of Borderlines do find that they are all much happier with separate living arrangements - but they don't just cast them out. They co-sign for apartments and buy them small homes and help them apply for assistance and disability - they make it clear they will be available when needed while also setting reasonable boundaries.

In time there is almost always improvement in the severity of symptoms and everyone is much calmer and happier. But if you just kick a sick young girl to the curb you can expect nothing but disaster for all - and I can't believe this is what you want.

Stop listening to those sick and twisted voices encouraging you to treat your daughter with such a cold and callouses disregard. It is evil.

If you had gotten her legitimate mental health care instead of throwing her to the wolves, the mental health community would be helping set her up with independent living and assisting with disability applications and so on. But as you failed to get her appropriate care, this job now falls to you.

Much of the hostility I feel for you folks is your bone headed refussal to be honest and realistic about your daughter's mental illness; and face the fact you have made it worse with your behavior; and do all you can to seek appropriate help for her from this point on.

This Program thinking of yours in the face of so much obvious harm to your daughter just makes me so angry. Please educate yourselves with regard to your daughter's illness as well as what happens in LGAT and Synanon based programs - and start thinking for yourselves again.

Offline katiesthoughts

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »
LOOK EVERYONE JUST STOP! I AM TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT AT HOME AND I DONT WANT IT HERE> DIANE LEAVE FORNITS ALONE! IS THERE NOT ONE PLACE I CAN GO TO BE RID OF THE PATRONIZING!!!!

Jesus christ! I cant even write without trolls and others taking  either side. DONT TAKE SIDES> ITS NOT ABOUT THAT! i am merely defending myself.
SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR MANKIND! This is not about blmae its about relaity. Please, if you cant say anything nice dont open your mouth. i cant stand it anymore!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2009, 04:04:29 PM »
Quote from: "katiesthoughts"
LOOK EVERYONE JUST STOP! I AM TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT AT HOME AND I DONT WANT IT HERE> DIANE LEAVE FORNITS ALONE! IS THERE NOT ONE PLACE I CAN GO TO BE RID OF THE PATRONIZING!!!!

Just so you know...  it appears it's not Dianne (see my last message above).  There is a troll on this board who likes to take whatever side isn't being argued.  In a sense he plays devil's advocate (though he is often indistinguishable from the real deal).  In that sense, I respect him as he's good at what he does, but on the other hand, he's completely insensitive, and for that I must apologize on his behalf.

For better or worse... he's like a cancerous boil on the butt of this forum.  Can't get rid of him so you just have to learn to live with him.  I've learned to look on the bright side of things.  When he's not around, it's a little too boring, for one, and secondly, although it might not be his intent, he does get people to think about why they believe what they believe, which is always a good thing.

Jesus christ! I cant even write without trolls and others taking  either side. DONT TAKE SIDES> ITS NOT ABOUT THAT! i am merely defending myself.
SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR MANKIND! This is not about blmae its about relaity. Please, if you cant say anything nice dont open your mouth. i cant stand it anymore!

Well.  It's sort of the nature of an unmoderated forum.  It can't really be avoided.  The CAN section of the forum *is* moderated but at the same time it tends to be less active as there is less freedom in terms of what can be said (for example: no anon posting, meaning people can't express an unpopular view anonymously), and thus there is less controversy.

On the surface, it might seem that this forum thrives on controversy and drama.  While there might be some truth in that, I like to think of it as a necessary function of a thinking society...  open commerce of ideas... a think tank...  In the words of a supreme court justice:

"The First Amendment was designed "to invite dispute," to induce "a condition of unrest," to "create dissatisfaction with conditions as they are," and even to stir "people to anger." The idea that the First Amendment permits punishment for ideas that are "offensive" to the particular judge or jury sitting in judgment is astounding. No greater leveler of speech or literature has ever been designed. ...  The First Amendment was not fashioned as a vehicle for dispensing tranquilizers to the people. Its prime function was to keep debate open to "offensive" as well as to "staid" people. The tendency throughout history has been to subdue the individual and to exalt the power of government. The use of the standard "offensive" gives authority to government that cuts the very vitals out of the First Amendment. As is intimated by the Court's opinion, the materials before us may be garbage. But so is much of what is said in political campaigns, in the daily press, on TV, or over the radio. By reason of the First Amendment - and solely because of it - speakers and publishers have not been threatened or subdued because their thoughts and ideas may be "offensive" to some."

In other words, while it might not be popular in a program (where you think what they want you to think), it's also the fundamental basis on which a free society matures and grows.  If everybody agrees and nobody is free to disagree, nothing ever changes...  nothing ever evolves...  "drama" as some might call it, is a necessary thing.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
Just one thing i'd like to say... I think it's unfair to use Katie or even her parents as pawns in an ideological war.  Not that i'm pointing fingers here, but this thread has seemed to become more about judging and pointing fingers and less about Katie telling her own story. (a real good movie on this moral message is Children of Men, and i'd highly recommend seeing it.)  Sometimes when you believe so strongly in a cause, you forget the individual people affected and the cause itself becomes more important...  In that sense, you lose what you set out to do in the first place (encourage people to think for themselves, in this case).

People on the anti-program side seem to think that Katie should come to conclusion X and people on the pro-program side seem to think Katie's story means something different.  All I suggest is perhaps stop trying to interpret her past experiences for her, let her tell her story, and let her come to her own conclusions without interference.

I have enough faith in history to know what those conclusions will likely be, anyway... and even if they differ, it's her opinion, and she's certainly entitled to it.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
Not that i'm pointing fingers here, but this thread has seemed to become more about judging and pointing fingers and less about Katie telling her own story.

Well sure, but this thread is not about Katie telling her story. She has the Katie's story thread for that - and you've repeatedly offered her a moderated forum for it, if she wants.

This family needs to halt the vicious public back biting - which appears to be entirely of the parents doing.

Just so you know... it appears it's not Dianne (see my last message above). There is a troll on this board who likes to take whatever side isn't being argued. In a sense he plays devil's advocate (though he is often indistinguishable from the real deal). In that sense, I respect him as he's good at what he does, but on the other hand, he's completely insensitive, and for that I must apologize on his behalf.

It gets confusing around here sometimes.