Author Topic: Turning off your electricity for "Earth Hour"?  (Read 728 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Turning off your electricity for "Earth Hour"?
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
Fuck Earth Hour! You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to turn on every light and power hungry device in my house during Earth Hour just to stick it to them!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Turning off your electricity for "Earth Hour"?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:11:54 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Fuck Earth Hour! You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to turn on every light and power hungry device in my house during Earth Hour just to stick it to them!
I like to promote nuclear power to the tree huggers.  Ironically, it's cleaner than anything else, but because it's "nuclear" they go bonkers.  I even had one tell me that it pollutes the atmosphere and contributes to global warming (bullshit).  The only thing nuclear power releases into the atmosphere is steam, which comes into *no* direct contact with nuclear materials.  Meltdowns?  Almost a complete impossibility with modern designs.

About the only problem with nuclear power is the waste (what to do with it), but they're finding ways to deal with that by recycling it and thus reducing the volume of the waste by 80%.  The rest can be stored in special long-term storage facilities in the middle of mountains.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
alan's psychedelic breakfast
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:54:57 AM »
You have to be dern careful with them nukes, but them micra-wave ovens sure are great for cooking eggs!  

Besides, Atom Heart Mother was always one of my favorite early Pink Floyd albums!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Turning off your electricity for "Earth Hour"?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Guest"
I like to promote nuclear power to the tree huggers.  Ironically, it's cleaner than anything else, but because it's "nuclear" they go bonkers.  I even had one tell me that it pollutes the atmosphere and contributes to global warming (bullshit).  The only thing nuclear power releases into the atmosphere is steam, which comes into *no* direct contact with nuclear materials.  Meltdowns?  Almost a complete impossibility with modern designs.

About the only problem with nuclear power is the waste (what to do with it), but they're finding ways to deal with that by recycling it and thus reducing the volume of the waste by 80%.  The rest can be stored in special long-term storage facilities in the middle of mountains.

Yeah, what up with them pinkos that ain't down with nuclear power?