Author Topic: Straight was a cake walk in comparison.....  (Read 8783 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Straight was a cake walk in comparison.....
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2002, 08:08:00 AM »
Hello Anonymous!  You are obviously pretty ignorant yourself.  What else can I say?  Why don't you read all the posts before making rash judgements.  Why don't you read the fine print rather than just the Headlines?  Well, in case you have an aversion to reading more than just a few words, let me tell you one thing...  I _WAS_ THERE _AND_ YOU PROBABLY WALKED IN _MY_ SHOES, AS I'M SURE I WAS PROBABLY THERE WHEN YOU WERE JUST A TODDLER. Take care, have fun reading.  Talk to you more when you've brushed up on your research.

Kathy :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2002, 07:37:00 PM »
I must agree with Jadenjames, Antigen. At least our misery, troubled times and being a victim of all forms of violence would have been over at Straight Inc. and places like it.
I would rather be alive now.. but if I had a choice back then, I know that at least if I died, I wouldn't have to feel that abuse again!

FYI.. Kathi, this was not directed to what you said.

Isn't there a way to respond to a message that was already posted without creating a new one, and not having the post on these things??

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-03-09 16:40 ]
usan Minns

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2002, 08:24:00 AM »
Sad to say that history DOES repeat itself.. I suppose it will always be a vicious cycle that is a never ending process.
In a nutshell, I always felt that if the person who does have a drug problem will admit up to it and want help for themselves.. they will seek it.. they can't be forced into it.
Those who don't admit it will sooner or later perish for their mistakes.. not everyone can be saved.
As far as being put into a place where you remember and your children are suffering for it, there must be something that can be done.
I don't find the justice system helpful unless you have a bunch of money laying around to hire a lawyer.. who has that kind of income now a days?
There are always alternatives to help and hope. Sad to say there arn't enough people out there to understand or want to try to bring it out to the public view of what those alternatives are.
I'm not familiar with Elan.. but if it is anything like Straight Inc. there are other routes to take.
I know local AA meetings in churches, they do the 12 step program, sponsors are helpful.
I feel the strictist dicipline should come from the parent with an out of control teen. I'm not saying corporal punishment, that would be morally and ethically wrong..
I found all new friends when I left Straight because I didn't want to hang out with my "druggie friends" and subject myself to that environment.. that was the first step for me to take to leading a drug-free life.
From there I got moral support, and went to the movies, played some card games, things of that nature that would be totally drug-free activities.
I found out who I was and what my goals need to be in life. Nobody can teach you street smarts either.. that is something that needs to be learned from within
usan Minns

Offline Kenterprises

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2002, 05:00:00 PM »
Just for the story not all that is sentenced to prison  go there if they dont complete the program! I am an example of that, I had a  choice Straight or 5 years of hard work and labor. The chioce is simple then but once i was in straight for 6 months I ended up getting kicked out (my choice) to go ahead and do my time I then would at least know when I was getting out!!!! but lucky enough I got probation and the judge figured I was in straight 6 months I had learned something,so he let me go not everyone that is sentinced will go to prison!