Author Topic: blog of a program parent  (Read 28356 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: blog of a program parent
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2009, 08:16:36 AM »
Great news, guest, thank you.  You wouldn’t believe how many people on fornits believe that these programs are unaccredited and unlicensed.  Not only are they licensed and accredited you have pointed out that Cross Creek has now expanded to offer hospital level services.  A few years back they were licensed for residential treatment for kids 12 thru 17 with excellent potential but are headed for some serious problems. They provide a structured daily schedule, character building, educational seminars, health and physical fitness programs, emotional growth and personal development courses, recreation, individualized academic instruction, group, individual and family therapy. Also provided are many opportunities for community service and competitive sports.

They have their licenses posted on their web site, although they haven’t posted their expansion into a hospital level service yet.

Cross Creek
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
So the Utah rat pack is operating another "hospital"?  (E-Gads!) You might want to do some digging into the history of Brightway if you want to know what kind of "hospital" WWASP operates.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Great news, guest, thank you.  You wouldn’t believe how many people on fornits believe that these programs are unaccredited and unlicensed.  Not only are they licensed and accredited you have pointed out that Cross Creek has now expanded to offer hospital level services.  A few years back they were licensed for residential treatment for kids 12 thru 17 with excellent potential but are headed for some serious problems. They provide a structured daily schedule, character building, educational seminars, health and physical fitness programs, emotional growth and personal development courses, recreation, individualized academic instruction, group, individual and family therapy. Also provided are many opportunities for community service and competitive sports.

They have their licenses posted on their web site, although they haven’t posted their expansion into a hospital level service yet.

Cross Creek

The other guest was confused or not familiar with Cross Creek and the area.  For anyone familiar with the area the closest lock down facility is in St. George, I believe.  Does anyone else know of a facility which is closer to CCM?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »

Cross Creek

Cross Creek is an organization that contractually insists it does not provide service for the mentally ill, but is licensed as psychiatric facility...while marketing itself as a school.... LOL. Yep, that's Great news!

Like I said, sue these people. They are sociopaths and psyschotic, completely

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »

Yes, you are right, sue your family and the public school that bullied you TOO!!  Maybe your brothers.  Surround yourself with lawyers and people who don’t care about you, spend years being bitter and vengeful.  Then when the money runs out and you have no skills or friends and family left you can seek state assistance and apply for a section 8 or have kids to increase your monthly payments.  Its a wonderful life... but another option is to pursue a journalism career and focus on making yourself a happy life and surrounding yourself with people who care about you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »

Yes, you are right, sue your family and the public school that bullied you TOO!!  Maybe your brothers.  Surround yourself with lawyers and people who don’t care about you, spend years being bitter and vengeful.  Then when the money runs out and you have no skills or friends and family left you can seek state assistance and apply for a section 8 or have kids to increase your monthly payments.  Its a wonderful life... but another option is to pursue a journalism career and focus on making yourself a happy life and surrounding yourself with people who care about you.

No, suing WWASP, the association that abducts, imrpisons,and torture swith methods near identical to the the thought reform prisons of Totalitarian China,  societal-funationally and psychiatricly butchering its captives, is quite enough

http://www.turleylaw.com/

Fill this out Katie. Its the first step towards justice. There is also a kid posting here who was imprisoned and tortured in 2008. You might even  know him. He posts on antiwasp, and posts in the facility section. File criminal charges, also. Time is of the essence the faster you move, the greater the chance to  put Robert Lichfield and  Karr Farnsworth away for their crimes. Fill out an affadavid even if you are too beat to do anything more, right now

WWASPS Student – Information Sheet

""Please note: By you completing this information it does NOT constitute us accepting you as a client. You will not be represented by us unless and until you and the Turley Law Firm have both signed our contract of representation. We will contact you in the near future in the order that we have received your information.

Student's Full Name    
Address  
Apartment / Suite  
City, State, Zip Code    --Select-- Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District Of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming  
Phone  
Email  
Date of Birth  
Current Age  
Mother's Name  
Father's Name  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWASPS Programs and Schools that you attended:
School Name  
Approximate Beginning Date  
Approximate Ending Date  
Approximate Beginning Age  
Approximate Ending Age  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School Name  
Approximate Ending Date  
Approximate Ending Age  

School Name  
Approximate Ending Date  
Approximate Ending Age  

Add 2nd School or Program : Add 3rd School or Program  
Do you have reason to believe you were abused in any way while at any WWASPS school and/or program?

Who signed the WWASPS contract on your behalf?

Who funded the WWASPS tuition and boarding fees paid on your behalf?

Did you receive a diploma or class credits from one of these schools?

What amount of money do you estimate that your parents paid for the WWASPS programs on your behalf?
$  

If you have previously retained an attorney for any of your WWASPS related claims, please provide the attorney’s name and whether or not this attorney still represents you.""

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »
Katie, by all means consider contacting Turley about your case. But If you think you will want to pursue a case, you should probably stop blogging about it. I know this would be difficult with others bloging about you, but the lawyers like to do the talking for their clients - and they don't blog on forums. They say their piece in court. Court is actually much better, in many ways, but waiting for it takes patience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how many of you actually read Mike & Diane Carter's blog from start to finish?  I did and what I saw what a family in extreme dysfunction without a plan or direction.  First let me say, I do not believe I have ever really seen a FUNCTIONAL family...lol!  All families are fucked up in one way or another.  As parents we take our baggage from our family of origin and then bring it into our NEW family...the trickle down effect.

What saddens me the most is that THIS FAMILY is being viciously attacked for their treatment of poor Katie.  Poor Katie CREATED her own demise. What about the suffering of Katie's brothers?  It would be one thing if Katie was an only child, but she is NOT!  We can all look at this issue as one sided, but it is not.  On one hand we have Katie - with her issues - on the other we have the rest of the family suffering the ill effects of an out of control child. Is this fair?  Now there is a kid who deserves a BIG wake up call!  It will take time and professional assistance to repair this family.  Encouraging her to engage in a lawsuit - is this sound advice from someone who does not know you.

Once again, if you READ the WHOLE blog, you discovered this is a splintered family that is striving to keep their heads above water.  I would be damned if I let my kid get away with her outbursts and "fits."  When you are living in MY house you play by MY rules or find another place to live.  No 18 year old kid is going run my house into disarray - NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!  Not when their are other family members involved and living in the family home. I refuse to have my home turned into a place filled with bitterness, resentments, and out of control antics.  If you can't behave at my dinner table, then you don't deserve to be there with the family.  There is ONE TEAM in town and it is not theirs (Katie's). Play ball or go join another team.

I have also read all the Katie's story posts and feel quiet up to date on where we are now.  Be careful when playing "doctor" giving advice unless you have a damn good plan to back it up AND you know the advice is medically sound and will be supported by an MD.

Really...after reading it all - both sides, my only conundrum is WHY they kept her at CCM so long without the proper progress (FTT = failure to thrive) and just kept pouring more money into something that WASN'T WORKING. If I had not seen progress in the first 3-6 months, my kid would have been transferred somewhere where they could help him.  Which is what he and I did.  We found a place of healing that helped our family through the re-integration phase - after he was released and came home.  We have a very tight "aftercare plan" that he wrote and he works that plan and follows through on what he says he will do.  We don't have WARS anymore and I pick my battles carefully.  We also work closely with a "specialized" therapist that helps us over the road block and shows us the "detour" signs we can't see sometimes.

Me heart goes out to that whole family and the have been vilified enough.  When do you start to encourage HEALING and building bridges and not walls??  You guys are firing Katie all up and that is only going to make a BAD situation worse.  But nobody really cares if you are fanning the flames of a total breakdown of this family.  Can't you see this?  It is sick that people derive pleasure from watching other families implode.

Our children want our love, attention and approval...that is how they develop their own self-esteem

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »
Poor Katie CREATED her own demise.

Jesus christ, she ain't dead. The fact that you conflate death with the tough times she experienced as a teen speaks volumes.

And yes, I actually started at their blog from the beginning. One thing I do agree with you about is that the whole situation is indeed sad. Sad that the program insinuates itself into private family matters and rips it apart. Not sure how that is an improvement over what was going on prior, save to give the parents a mini-vacation from their kid who is having problems.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
I used the word "demise" as a noun and not a verb.  Demise = end or failure of enterprise or institution.  I think the term is appropriate in this instance.  I equate her demise with the untreated depression.  If they got decent help a little sooner and dealt with katie's difficulties when she was younger, she might not be in the f'd up place she is now - living in a home where she is not wanted.  Nothing worse than a kid can feel - unwanted.

Really sucks!

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
Not sure why you would think I meant demise as a verb, since it's the predicate of the sentence. But yes, it means death as a noun, too, just so  you know.

If they got decent help a little sooner and dealt with katie's difficulties when she was younger, she might not be in the f'd up place she is now

That's weird. Didn't you just say before that:

Katie CREATED her own demise

...ok. So who is it then?

How about colonel mustard in the drawing room with a candlestick?

(It's always col. mustard. Dastardly fellow.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »
Wow, this thread is really driving the sick fucks out of the woodwork. (Or maybe the same one. Hard to tell on Fornits. Programmies are so similar in writing style that they'd instantly get nailed for proxy-samefagging on any of the chans.)

Your conflation of what YOU want and actual psychiatric disorders is amazing. To this assclown, "MY HOUSE MY RULES WAAAAAHHHH" (Seriously, how is this adult behavior?) and real mental problems are the same thing. There is a mental problem here, but it's not your kid's and never was.

And most of us have been strongly recommending that Katie GTFO that place at the earliest available opportunity. Family? I don't see a family here. I see a sick fuck, his trophy wife, three seldom-mentioned brothers who never stuck up for their sister apparently, and his badly abused daughter trying to make sense of any of it.

Katie: IT DOESN'T. THAT'S THE POINT. Get the HELL out of there, NOW, and go LIVE for a few years and you'll know what we mean! And find a fucking lawyer because WWASPS is apparently terrified of more people joining the suit and it looks like you're in a good position to help end their hellholes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2009, 09:23:18 AM »
Yes, "demise" used as a noun can ALSO mean death.  I did not use it in THAT sense.  Look, they already knew there were problems with Katie when she was younger and then the abandonment of her mother only made things worse.  All I am saying is that a little "early intervention" might have averted this whole situation.  Personally, I think all blended families need counseling - at least in the beginning. Once Katie got older and started acting out - this is where the intervention should have taken place.  The past is but the past.

Did you happen to catch the insinuation that Katie likes to be the center of attention?  Well, she certainly has a captive audience here on Fornits!  Keep that attention coming...in truckloads. Mr. Carter and his family were played by WWASP just like most every other WWASP family.  Surely she needs help to sort out all that has happened to her over the last 3 years and I hope her family can find a good therapist for her AND for the rest of the family.

Who's fault is it that Katie kept ending up back in Orange????  Her parents?  Her brothers?  No....KATIE!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2009, 09:44:54 AM »
Who's fault is it that Katie kept ending up back in Orange???? Her parents? Her brothers? No....KATIE!

On what plane of existence is this anything but psychosis, and are the residents there immune to smallpox?

:clown:

It's pretty sad the good guy died at the end of Silence of the Lambs, huh? Whose fault was it that the woman stayed in the bottom of the well? The guy keeping her down there? No... HERSELF!

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2009, 10:23:29 AM »
I think the name of this thread should be changed to "thoughts of WWASPS staff"

btw... I'm posting this cause I want attention, which is sooo fucked up, because nobody else in the world would want something so essential.