Author Topic: why isnt vause arrested?  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: why isnt vause arrested?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
If you tie a junky to his bed for a couple of days to get him past the physical addiction is it considered cruel?  If he comes thru it and says “Thank you man you saved my life, I owe you big time, my friend”  is that worth it to both of you?  Should you go to jail for restraining someone? Kidnapping? Torture?

No, not if they didn't know about far better, more effective and humane withdrawal techniques. Program supporters don't "know" about those things. So maybe that's why I'm a little reticent to advocate for punishing them. But the reason why they don't know it is because they steadfastly refuse to even entertain the notion that there's any more sacred science than the brutal, destructive methods to which they have vowed unquestioned allegiance.

They have faith. That is not admirable! Faith is a belief unsupported by evidence. It's witchcraft, superstition, mob mentality. It's alright if you take comfort in your lucky rabbit's foot. If your lucky rabbits foot starts telling you to torture adolescent rape victims by forcing them to relive the rape, ditch the bitch! Especially if the rape victim is your daughter, son, friend or loved one.

I want Program supporters to know that the Program is not only destructive but almost always ineffective, even when people come out thinking it saved their lives.

Think about it, I don’t think survivors who are pro AARC are all necessarily out to discredit the ones who claim they were abused.  Look at the attitude of the survivors here on fornits ... many have a difficult time understanding those survivors who benefitted from a program so it is understandable that those who benefitted may have a hard time understanding how someone could say they were abused.
Its all in the individuals perspective.

Both sides were traumatized. Neither side can be unbiased.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »
There is absolutely no question that the Wiz and his minions are attempting to discredit and vilify anyone who speaks out against AARC.  They in fact have an enemies list, reminiscent of their philsophical brethren in Stalinist Russia.  The end justifies the means after all. Praise the Maximum Leader and Executive Director!  Here is an example of an AARColyte attempting to deflect attention from abuses perpetrated by AARC through a series of statements meant to discredit the victims.

This is from the Fifth Estate comments page.  The poster put his child in AARC.  The poster knows that he is lying in his statement, but has told his children that it was necessary in order that the public be aware of what kind of person Christine Lunn is.  How one can convey truth by lying is beyond me, but then this is an AARColyte we're talking about:

"I find it interesting that in 2003 Christine Lunn was so happy with the role that AARC played in her recovery that she and her mom spoke to a group of parents concerned about their out of control teenagers. I remember her saying that she had tried every other facility in Calgary and had been rejected by all of them. The only one left was AARC. She knew she had to go there if she was going to get help. At that point in time she had a criminal record for armed robbery (arrested at age 15). In 2003 she had been sober for 7 years thanks to AARC (her words). In 2006, I heard her mother speak again about how the program at AARC had helped her and her family. In fact, it was Christine's story that convinced me that my family should look to AARC for help. My question is, what happened in Christine Lunn's life over the last 5 years that now she finds she has to blame AARC? Interesting how Fifth Estate neglected to mention what Christine's life looked like before AARC. It isn't every kid who is arrested for armed robbery at age 15. I wish her well in her search for a better life.

Pat West | | Posted February 15, 2009 12:29 PM"
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/discussion/2009 ... rless.html

Christine Lunn began speaking out against AARC in the late nineties.  In fact, notorious pervert Marty Heeg observed just such an episode whilst he was bird-dogging an AA meeting, and in total breech of AA principles, reported M. Lunn's story back to AARC.  Mr. G tried to contact M. Lunn in an effort to quash the claims.  By 2000, M. Lunn's  brother was back in AARC, no longer a sib but a full-fledged client.  Christine was at this point placed on the AARC enemies list and prohibited from visiting her brother in the Centre.  Yet another example of the totalist behavior of AARC followers.  It's okay to lie, because the program is sacred and lying about those who would criticize it is a necessary sin.
What is really charming is the fact that M. Lunn's juvenile record is brought up by this "man".  Such records are sealed, but that doesn't stop AARColytes from publicly breeching the legal right of someone to confidentiality.  But it's necessary, in order for this AARColyte to use the tried and true AARC technique of equating criminal or otherwise antisocial behavior with addiction.
This is one of the principle dangers for people in AARC.  Many of the young men placed in AARC are in fact dangerous criminals with personality disorders.  In order for the Wiz to keep them in AARC, thereby winning the "law and order" support, along with the cash, he has always equated criminality with drug addiction.  So what you get are a bunch of violent young men held in AARC with other kids who are at their mercy.

Here's another charming bit from the number one AARColyte fart-catcher:
http://fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27120

The original poster has gone out of his way to disparage both Christine Lunn and Rachel.  He was a staffer when Rachel was in AARC, and in my opinion has displayed truly bizarre behavior with regard to her, leading me to think that he is an accomplice in her rape.
Now, how this poster would have any idea who M. Lunn had accused of sexually assaulting her, and whether or not this is the right person, is beyond me.  AARC claimed that M. Lunn had never reported such an episode.  If she hadn't made an accusation, how could she have accused the wrong person.
As M. Lunn later formed a relationship with the man who victimized her, AARC has now changed their story.  The fact is that AARC sent M. Lunn home with an adult oldcomer while she was a minor. In the home she was abused. It was reported to AARC, and they covered it up.  M. Lunn was in fact forced to deny that the assault had taken place.  As the oldcomer was A. an adult and B. in a postion of authority, this was a serious crime and would have had untold consequences for AARC, the host home family, the Oldcomer and the Wiz.
The fact that M. Lunn later formed a relationship with her abuser by no means diminishes the seriousness of the crime perpetrated against her by AARC and the Oldcomer, and does not fall outside of the behavior that could be expected of one subjected to systematic abuse.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:53:16 PM by ajax13 »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 11:51:25 AM »
Further to the topic of AARColytes discrediting those who speak out against the cult, here's another example of Rachael's principle tormenter.  He still hasn't learned how to spell apalled, a dead give-away every time:
"It's funny, I seriously thought I had seen one of those girls on that show in Kensington begging for money on the street.

Doesn't look like a very objectionable report though."
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/252786/anyon ... th-estate/

Joshy, I didn't object to the report either.  This is just too hilarious:
"Looking at their website, the staff look pretty qualified to me"
Let's see...had to fire Marty Heeg, the only registered social worker.  That leaves Lyin' Bryan, a BA from the Union Institute and some trouble over dispensing hate at Mount Royal, Natalie Oldcomer and GoneWayDownBrown with their Loma Linda family degrees, and the Wiz, with his phys ed background and Union Institute mail-order PhD.

But here's the AARColyte unmasked:
"The stories about what a compulsive liar that rachel chick was when she was in the AARC program are a plenty from numerous members of her group, and how they told her to stop trying to use big words because she wasn't ever using them in the proper context... She claimed to not have known her attackers? I talked to a graduate who said she specifically named the two people she "knew" raped her but was scared...so scared that I guess she had to go on the 5th, but not report the issue to the police or anything like that. Sorry, I call bullshit on all of it, if you have the sack to go on National TV and show your face making allegations like that, you definitely have the ability to make a statement to the police about it.

Oh and that the "rapist" and that girl dated and hung out for nearly 2 years after they graduated???? "
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php? ... genumber=3

What's interesting is how this person knows anything about any of these claims.  Now since Rachel ran from Calgary after leaving AARC, it seems highly unlikely that she dated her rapist.  So is he referring to Christine Lunn?  Or perhaps another lady who was raped and then formed a relationship with her assaillant?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:07:22 PM by ajax13 »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »
All the info is interesting to read but you have to remember that there "is" such as thing as a compulsive liar.  Also people should be considered innocent until proven guilty.  For all we know this Rachael person could be a compulsive liar.  Lets wait to see how it all unfolds before we jump to judgment.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »
The original poster has gone out of his way to disparage both Christine Lunn and Rachel.

We have all witnessed you,AJAX13, going out of your way to disparge AARC people all the time .... their degrees, weight issues, spouses problems, graduates in general etc.  Why is it okay for you but not others to do?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009, 02:37:40 PM »
On the topic of Loma Linda Canadian campus, a small Seventh-day Adventist college located 3km north of Lacombe...
Can't find it on a list of accredited Canadian colleges and universities anywhere. The campus in California is accredited by COAMFTE, which I believe means that it is recognized throughout North America. But on Loma Linda's website, they state the "the Canadian campus is NOT accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), the accrediting body for the AAMFT."
But Loma Linda (Lacombe) claims that it is recognized by Alberta Advanced Education as a degree granting program, despite not being accredited. Interesting that Alberta Advanced Education does not have Loma Linda on it's list of recognized post-secondary institutions in Alberta:
http://www.advancededucation.gov.ab.ca/ ... ntact.aspx
If you really search, Loma Linda CALIFORNIA (NOT the run-down shack situated 3 km north of Lacombe) is listed under Alberta Advanced Education as a degree granting institution that is not part of Alberta's Roles & Mandates Framework. In other words, it appears that they can't vouch for it's access, affordability or quality.

I wonder where AARC's "clinical directors" will end up after AARC's shut down and they try applying for jobs with their useless credentials.
http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/careers/benefits.aspx

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
The original poster has gone out of his way to disparage both Christine Lunn and Rachel.

We have all witnessed you,AJAX13, going out of your way to disparge AARC people all the time .... their degrees, weight issues, spouses problems, graduates in general etc. Why is it okay for you but not others to do?

The issue was whether or not AARColytes are trying to discredit those who speak out against the cult. In order to accomplish this, they have resorted to lying, as demonstrated above, and as ignored by this guest.

I do not feel that the Wiz, Lyin' Bryan, Natalie Oldcomer, nor GoneWayDown Brown, are qualified to perform psychic intervention, which they do, at AARC.  Their academic qualifications are insufficient to qualify them to be licensed as psychologists, or as social workers, in Alberta.  As they perform a Restricted Activity as defined under the Alberta Health Professions Act, but they are not members of any profession covered by this act, their behavior constitutes a Danger to Public Health, as outlined in the Health Professionals Act.

I have previously stated that I believe that Judge Crook-Stanhopeless is mentally unstable, and this is evidenced in part by her morbid obesity.  I believe this sincerely, and have stated so in the past.  Her husband's entirely unethical behavior as regards doctor-patient confidentiality and conflict of interest for both husband and wife is a very serious issue, putting the legal rights and health of AARC clients at risk.

I have seen countless examples of bizarre behavior from many graduates aimed at silencing anyone who would draw attention to the very serious problems related to AARC.  

I have made no secret that I think the program is a fraudulent, and dangerous.  Nor have I hidden the fact that I believe the staff to be corrupt and dangerous.  Unlike AARColytes, I don't lie about what I'm doing.  This is in stark contrast to the AARColyte practise of attacking those who speak out, and then claiming that they're not trying to discredit anyone.
Once again, that pesky AARC achilles heel of constantly resorting to bald-faced lies is exposed again.

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »
Ajax,you do the same thing, you just refuse to see it.  You distort the truth and avoid the facts because you have no facts.  You call this guy Vause a “gym teacher” to try to diminish his title.  Anyone could pick a prominent doctor and call him  “The highschool graduate” which would be true because he/she graduated from highschool.
Look at your own post.. you use words like “I think”, “I believe”.. or “I do not feel” .. you have no facts, you are just giving your opinion, which is great and that is what others do.  I think it bothers you more because there are more of them and they carry the distinction of being successful and positive where your posts are directed more at trying to degrade people or show them in a bad light.  For some reason seeing other people happy or succeeding somehow offends you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
Vause is not recognized as a psychologist in Alberta. That IS a fact. He is NOT a doctor. He obtained his PhD from a university that is not recognized in Canada. His PhD is no more valid than if I were to write a really long essay about magic tricks. In fact, one guy received his PhD from the Union Institute with his dissertation about "How to use magic in every day life and make money."
I know it's hard to believe that some guy could pretend to be a doctor and open up a rehab, but it's true. He's a con man, who found holes in the system and took advantage of them.. such as claiming that AARC is an outpatient centre in order to avoid government oversight and regulation.
Just because you don't like the facts, or because Vause dismisses them, doesn't make them untrue. When people confront him with these FACTS, he inevitably says something really stupid, like "this is a tough disease, and 85% of my grads are sober, which is phenomenal!"

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »
Vause is not recognized as a psychologist in Alberta. That IS a fact. He is NOT a doctor. He obtained his PhD from a university that is not recognized in Canada. His PhD is no more valid than if I were to write a really long essay about magic tricks. In fact, one guy received his PhD from the Union Institute with his dissertation about "How to use magic in every day life and make money."
I know it's hard to believe that some guy could pretend to be a doctor and open up a rehab, but it's true. He's a con man, who found holes in the system and took advantage of them.. such as claiming that AARC is an outpatient centre in order to avoid government oversight and regulation.
Just because you don't like the facts, or because Vause dismisses them, doesn't make them untrue. When people confront him with these FACTS, he inevitably says something really stupid, like "this is a tough disease, and 85% of my grads are sober, which is phenomenal!"

The guy has a PhD.  There is nothing you can do about it Ajax.  They will not take it away from him because you disagree with the school he got it from.  There are people who do their dissertations on many silly things.  At least he is out there doing something and making a difference.  You still havent defined what qualifications are needed to be in his position.  He was doing just fine even before he got his PhD, many people do just fine with a master’s degree or even high school diploma.  

You argument is really weak.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »
First of all, I'm not ajax. Second, you seem to not understand the purpose of accreditation in order to ensure standards of education. It's not that I (or Ajax) don't like the Union Institute for personal reasons. If a university is not recognized in this country, it is because the professional community doesn't "like " it. If Vause's 1000 page essay about his plans to open up a rehab was so remarkable then why didn't he obtain his PhD through a valid, accredited university in Canada? Most likely because somebody might have actually read it and been creeped out by his fantasies of becoming a cult leader.

You can defend your leader all you want. I know he's trained you not to think for yourself and to loyally defend him without question, so it's not really your fault.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »
Why is everyone so hyped on degrees?  Charles Darwin recieved his degree in theology and went on to forge a frontier in the field of science.

As far as we all know this guy Vause is well qualified for his position.  He has been doing it long enough.  If he wants to further educate himself who cares if he pursues a degree in kite flying or magic!!  Any type of higher education helps to keep the mind sharp and broadens your horizons.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
It has very clearly been laid out what qualifications one requires in Alberta to perform the specific Restricted Activity described in the Health Professions Act.  Claiming that the qualifications for the Wiz's job are not defined is a blatant lie.  It is is illegal for the Wiz and his staff to "perform a psychosocial intervention with an expectation of treating a substantial disorder of thought, mood, perception, orientation or memory that grossly impairs: i)judgement  ii)behaviour iii)capacity to recognize reality, or iv)ability to meet the ordinary demands of life"
http://www.cpsa.ab.ca/Libraries/Res_Mes ... .sflb.ashx
That is exactly what the Wiz and his staff do, and none of them are legally entitled to do it.

The Wiz's PhD is relevant to this issue insofaras it is his stated qualification to perform the above mentioned Restricted Activity.  It does not qualify him to do this.  The Wiz is entitled to pursue whatever education he wants, but he has used his mail-order PhD to sell himself as a qualified mental health provider when he is not.  

I refer to the Wiz as a phys ed teacher because that is his professional qualification.  He has for many years simply lied about being a psychologist, as he has been illegally performing psychosocial interventions, the role of a psychologist.  He has used unscientific and medically unsound methods, developed by other amateurs who were cult leaders, specifically Chuck Dederich, Art Barker, and Miller Newton.  So referring to him as a phys ed teacher is absolutely nothing like referring to a qualified physician as a high school graduate.

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
Why is everyone so hyped on degrees?  Charles Darwin recieved his degree in theology and went on to forge a frontier in the field of science.

As far as we all know this guy Vause is well qualified for his position.  He has been doing it long enough.  If he wants to further educate himself who cares if he pursues a degree in kite flying or magic!!  Any type of higher education helps to keep the mind sharp and broadens your horizons.

I think they are just trying to discredit the guy.  If he received his degree in Canada they would be wondering why he didnt get it in the US.  But the point is he got his degree from an accredited university whether he needed it or not.  He could have just done all the work and research and not even bothered with getting a degree.  Its not like he needed it for his job.  He was just furthering his education.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
Again, this is a lie.  He requires not only an education to do his job, but a license, and he has neither.  Once again, the supernatural intuition of AARColytes appears, knowing specifically what someone else's reponse would be to a hypothetical situation.  Magical!

Canadian West."