Author Topic: Another detainee has got support groups on the internet  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Good Bump "Guest"......
Seems to be okay to unfairly beat up on parents, but when survivors are held to task here then everyone cries foul.  Why is that?  Do the posters really believe the kids had no choice whether or not they were placed?  Did they think they could just dropout of school, disrespect their parents, place their siblings in danger without consequences?  You rarely hear stories of how posters wish they had done things differently, like stay in school, respect their siblings more etc.  There always seems to be plenty of blame for everyone else besides themselves.  Do the majority of posters here really believe they had no part in their own placement at all?
A little curious is all.
I'll shit down your fucking stupid NECK, you program-loving ASSHOLE!!!! You have a lot of fucking GALL talking this shit here!!! I hope your kid stabs you to death in your SLEEP!!! You'd fucking well DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 11:13:52 AM »
Quote from: "Surv1vor"
Good Bump "Guest"......
Seems to be okay to unfairly beat up on parents, but when survivors are held to task here then everyone cries foul.  Why is that?  Do the posters really believe the kids had no choice whether or not they were placed?  Did they think they could just dropout of school, disrespect their parents, place their siblings in danger without consequences?  You rarely hear stories of how posters wish they had done things differently, like stay in school, respect their siblings more etc.  There always seems to be plenty of blame for everyone else besides themselves.  Do the majority of posters here really believe they had no part in their own placement at all?
A little curious is all.
I'll shit down your fucking stupid NECK, you program-loving ASSHOLE!!!! You have a lot of fucking GALL talking this shit here!!! I hope your kid stabs you to death in your SLEEP!!! You'd fucking well DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!

Again with blaming the parents WTF.  What if the parent just stabbed the defective kid in their sleep and save themselves $100,000 plus and put the money towards the other kids in the family who are staying in school and trying to do something with their lives instead of throwing good money at a kid who wont even try?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 12:51:37 PM »
Quote from: "Surv1vor"

...and you probably are still confused as to why you were placed in a program.  I bet your brothers and or sisters never spoke to their parents that way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Another detainee has got support groups on the internet
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »
Last four posts (yes, all four) are the same person faking an entire conversation.

Yes, they do that. We get a lot of really desperate programmies here. Don't worry about it.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »
Last four posts (yes, all four) are the same person faking an entire conversation.

Yes, they do that. We get a lot of really desperate programmies here. Don't worry about it.

Make that the last five posts (yes,all five) by one survivor.  Some survivors like stack jones just need constant attention.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
It's being territorial.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »
I think the concept of the other kids in the class ganging up on the victim's parents REALLY scares the fuck out of it.

How can you feel safe at all if a sizable fraction of the kid's friends are going to go all /i/ on your ass (and their friends, and...) the instant you pull shit like this?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
I think the concept of the other kids in the class ganging up on the victim's parents REALLY scares the fuck out of it.

How can you feel safe at all if a sizable fraction of the kid's friends are going to go all /i/ on your ass (and their friends, and...) the instant you pull shit like this?
Nah, the friends get riled up for a few days after their friends placement and maybe they will write one letter. But after that all the kids pretty much go right back to what they were doing before and by the time you get home they have moved on or matured a bit themselves.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »
This is a false choice. It is not a choice between some phony nirvana in a program and completely tolerating a teen who is off track, violent or deliquent. There is another way.

Parents do not have to be afraid to keep working it out at home.
Families can and do successfully seek help in their own communities, within their own family, social, and community networks, in a way that keeps the family together and helps the child and the family to work out their problems. The child may clearly need help, but that almost always means the parents need help parenting, too. Families can and do survive the teen years!

Adults are accountable because the adults have the power.
The reason children are not held to the same account as adults is that the adults are the ones with the power. The legal definitions of various kinds of abuse or violence all turn on the power differential. If one party is more powerful physically, mentally, or economically or with regard to legal standing, or otherwise have greater power, then they are prohibited from using that power to harm or take advantage of the other person.

Parents are legally and morally obligated to protect children from abuse.
Furthermore, parents are legally and morally obligated to protect their children, to protect them from the type of abuse that commonly--commonly--occurs in programs, including deprivation of food, water, shelter, medical care, liberty, and education, and deprives them of the ability to report these abuses to the authorities and, in fact, to their own parents.

We may disagree about what constitutes "protecting"...
Arguments like these between pro-program parents/family members/supporters and anti-program survivors/youth/advocates/defenders seems to get stuck fighting about two competing views. One view is that sending children to involuntary placements in programs thousands of miles from home and family for confrontational "therapy" is somehow "protecting the child." The other view is that doing so is abuse, pure and simple. Obviously you can count me in the latter camp. I do make an exception for the family members who are deceived and/or railroaded by programs into enrolling their children.

...but there is documentation of widespread abuse, and deceptive marketing practices at programs.
Just because some families report a good experience with a program does not in any way excuse or rationalize the acts of child abuse committed against other children. Parents are right to be deeply concerned about the health, well-being, and safety of a child placed in a program. There is detailed credible documentation of widespread reports of abuse, maltreatment, death, and deceptive marketing practices as reported by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office in their foresic investigation reports issued in October 2007 (http://edlabor.house.gov/testimony/1010 ... timony.pdf) and April 2008 (http://edlabor.house.gov/testimony/2008 ... egKutz.pdf).  

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"
This is a false choice. It is not a choice between some phony nirvana in a program and completely tolerating a teen who is off track, violent or deliquent. There is another way.

Parents do not have to be afraid to keep working it out at home.
Families can and do successfully seek help in their own communities, within their own family, social, and community networks, in a way that keeps the family together and helps the child and the family to work out their problems. The child may clearly need help, but that almost always means the parents need help parenting, too. Families can and do survive the teen years!

Adults are accountable because the adults have the power.
The reason children are not held to the same account as adults is that the adults are the ones with the power. The legal definitions of various kinds of abuse or violence all turn on the power differential. If one party is more powerful physically, mentally, or economically or with regard to legal standing, or otherwise have greater power, then they are prohibited from using that power to harm or take advantage of the other person.

Parents are legally and morally obligated to protect children from abuse.
Furthermore, parents are legally and morally obligated to protect their children, to protect them from the type of abuse that commonly--commonly--occurs in programs, including deprivation of food, water, shelter, medical care, liberty, and education, and deprives them of the ability to report these abuses to the authorities and, in fact, to their own parents.

We may disagree about what constitutes "protecting"...
Arguments like these between pro-program parents/family members/supporters and anti-program survivors/youth/advocates/defenders seems to get stuck fighting about two competing views. One view is that sending children to involuntary placements in programs thousands of miles from home and family for confrontational "therapy" is somehow "protecting the child." The other view is that doing so is abuse, pure and simple. Obviously you can count me in the latter camp. I do make an exception for the family members who are deceived and/or railroaded by programs into enrolling their children.

...but there is documentation of widespread abuse, and deceptive marketing practices at programs.
Just because some families report a good experience with a program does not in any way excuse or rationalize the acts of child abuse committed against other children. Parents are right to be deeply concerned about the health, well-being, and safety of a child placed in a program. There is detailed credible documentation of widespread reports of abuse, maltreatment, death, and deceptive marketing practices as reported by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office in their foresic investigation reports issued in October 2007 (http://edlabor.house.gov/testimony/1010 ... timony.pdf) and April 2008 (http://edlabor.house.gov/testimony/2008 ... egKutz.pdf).  

Auntie Em
:bump:
United we stand....divided....we fail!