Author Topic: Lon's take on TROUBLED TEEN vs. STRUGGLING TEEN  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Lon's take on TROUBLED TEEN vs. STRUGGLING TEEN
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 10:47:10 PM »
4/10

Look, we've dealt with some really good trolls over the years. Michael Muldoon's steady ridiculous trolls, Che alternating between "care" and "refuse to care" like a light switch, Milk with so much hatred he couldn't even fit it into one identity... and that's just the people on this side of the fence. On the other side we get Ottawa5, various ST twits, and that epic level troll TheWho.

By comparison, this bullshit falls flat after the first few times. You've got insanity enough, but when it comes to trolling, you're small potatoes. Seriously. Go to 4chan for a while and then come back with what you've learned.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »
Looks like Lon realized his "troubled teen vs. struggling teen" essay made him look extremely stoopid and he pulled it down.  Hi, Lon!  I saw your post as "breaking news".  You fool.  The TTI is in a nosedive and you're going down screeching and clawing like a chickenshit weakling.  No dignity, no shame.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
to be fair, it is still there. check the "essays" section

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
to be fair, it is still there. check the "essays" section

Yeah, but look what he put up.  A stopgap to cover the hole left when he hid the idiocy.  I mean, come on.  You didn't think he would TOTALLY remove it.  His ego wouldn't allow it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »
Quote from: "LOL!"
Looks like Lon realized his "troubled teen vs. struggling teen" essay made him look extremely stoopid and he pulled it down.

He's done that with a few (or at least edited them).  He knows we keep copies, though.  He *does* read this site.  That is known for an absolute fact.  About a year ago NATSAP accidentally left one of it's google-groups open to the public, resulting in both embarrassment, and the posting of al the messages onto fornits.  *very* soon afterwards, a message from Lon appeared on the google-group quoting the fornits page and informing them that they had been made.  The group was made private after that and they booted me personally from the list shortly after (i had subscribed).
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
not everybody buys into your emotionally charged bullshit that is almost all lies. you mix in a small portion of truth and expect people to believe you. well i dont. and neither do most people.

I haven't met even one person who questioned the validity of my story... those who care enough to read it or talk to me about it. I have a feeling you have never bothered reading a personal experience. I don't buy into your facade, "based on results" its evident that your only intention for revisiting this forum is to make your "side of the fence" look like insensitive, immature, conservative nut-jobs. and for that I must thank you, You make us look good...lol

I have to question the validity of your story. The first clue is in your own language. The word "story" suggests it's fiction, or at the very least contrived in a way to convince people programs are all bad. If you had said nobody questioned my "experience", or "testimony" it would of seemed more honest. Nobody here is talking politics so not sure what "conservative nut-job" has to do with anything, but you just alienated half of your audience showing your bias towards one political party.

How desperate to insult someone do you have to be, in order to question someone's lingo on the account of your assumptions of the word. Just a hint, next time if your entire argument is going to be about grammar, you should at least look up the words first.

First of all, a "story" by definition does not indicate either fiction or non-fiction, in fact in this case it is a written narration of my life, not just my experience at the program. I call my "narrated experience" a story because it is longer than an essay and shorter than a book or novel, this "story" is something I have actually written, and I was referring to its physical existence, it is not some fairytale you assume I just explain to anyone who will listen.

Second, when I said "conservative" I wasn't referring to the republican party, I was referring to the actual meaning of the word.
"Conservative: disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change"
and sense we were as you mention NOT speaking about politics, you should assume that I was using the word as it was meant to be used.

and just to be clear... when I said "nut-job", I meant that you are totally insane.

Here are the facts, If you support the Troubled Teen Industry then you are in support of the abuse and exploitation of children and teens. Futhermore if you find it appropriate to visit a site that was created for survivors of this abuse, and insist on insulting and verbally abusing us, then it can only be assumed that as a representative of those who support the work of Lon Woodbury, that you and everyone else who is involved with the torture, oppression and hatred of today's youth are nothing short of the most ignorant and immoral vile scum on the face of this this planet.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »
Futhermore if you find it appropriate to visit a site that was created for survivors of this abuse

Are you talking about fornits? Because if you are, you are totally off base. Do you think fornits hurts programs? It doesn't. You know who it does hurt? The people you claim the site was created for, survivors. If you haven't realized that yet, you haven't been reading this forum long enough. If you don't believe me, PM one of the "leaders" of this forum and ask them what the purpose is and why it was created. They want program supporters to show up, it's the whole point.

you and everyone else who is involved with the torture, oppression and hatred of today's youth are nothing short of the most ignorant and immoral vile scum on the face of this this planet.

So much hate. You got to let that go if you are ever going to get on with your life. A study came out showing that optimistic people live longer than their cynical and angry counterparts. By holding onto all your hate, you are only hurting yourself... and definitely not any programs. Because by appearing to parents as hateful and calling people names it only makes you seem like the stereotypical troubled teen they already think you are. You just confirm their beliefs once again by acting this way.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 05:16:03 AM »
Quote from: "free advice"
Do you think fornits hurts programs? It doesn't. You know who it does hurt? The people you claim the site was created for, survivors.

Funny because I do know exactly why this site was created. So that we (meaning survivors) would have a place to talk. No one is advertising this forum as a watch dog group out to "get" the program. Some of us are involved with the movement, but that isn't what this site is about. It never really was created with any specific purpose in mind let alone defaming anyone. This is just where we have all gathered, and we talk about what we please. If that for some reason gets you all hot and bothered you are welcome to leave anytime, and don't worry, we wont miss you.

Quote from: "free advice"
So much hate.
ooooooh yea... I'm the hater lol... Do you mean the kind of hate that would compel someone to go to a website for survivors of abuse and talk trash to them?... At least when I hate, I use it in a constructive manner so that others may be spared to be put into the care of the likes of you. What good do you think your doing here exactly? Besides making the whole pro-program posse look like a bunch of bullies? Look, we aren't on the school yard anymore and I could honestly care less what some no named hypocrite thinks, so try to find a different hobby because trolling is obviously not your strong suit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 10:42:42 AM »
Funny because I do know exactly why this site was created. So that we (meaning survivors) would have a place to talk.

Wrong again, but I'm sure you are used to repetitive failure by now, at this point in your life. I will tell you again, PM the owner of this forum and ask to confirm your explanation as to why fornits was created. Let me ask you this, if fornits was created as a place where so-called "survivors" would have a place to talk, why not put a password on it and only let survivors in? The reason is because you are completely wrong in thinking this site was created for you. It was created for anyone related or interested in the industry to come post. It is meant to be a place where intense arguments take place, by it's very design.

But hey, maybe if you stick around for another five years and post everyday, and psy finds better things to do, daily control of fornits will be bequeathed to you. Then you can run it however you want. Well, until the owner tells you , you can't. Go have fun with the search function confirming everything I've said. Or don't. I don't care one way or the other. I'm actually trying to save you the disappointment of finding this out the hard way, as so many here have. (who obviously aren't posting anymore and you don't know about).

No one is advertising this forum as a watch dog group out to "get" the program. Some of us are involved with the movement, but that isn't what this site is about.

"Movement?"  :roflmao: You must be talking about the four websites that call themselves organizations but do almost nothing than fight with each other?

It never really was created with any specific purpose in mind let alone defaming anyone.

Wrong again. It was created with a very specific purpose in mind.

This is just where we have all gathered, and we talk about what we please.

You really have no idea what the fornits project is, do you? Fornits is not some random internet squat for "survivors". It was created with a purpose, as an experiment. I'm not going to get into the reasons here, because it's been discussed like a billion times already. What you might finally realize is fornits depends upon program supporters showing up and engaging in dialogue to work. While you want to widdle down fornits to the few "survivors" who do post here, the project is designed  with the idea of open free for all exchange of ideas between all sides of the debate.

If that for some reason gets you all hot and bothered you are welcome to leave anytime, and don't worry, we wont miss you.

I'm not "hot and bothered", I'm helping you realize your assumptions about fornits are incorrect. You should be thanking me.  That's why it sounds so funny when you use the term "we", so many different types of people post here. Who else besides yourself do you speak for? Did all the "survivors" elect you their leader to speak for them?

ooooooh yea... I'm the hater lol... Do you mean the kind of hate that would compel someone to go to a website for survivors of abuse and talk trash to them?...

Don't you get it yet? Here is yet another one of your arguments that rest on a faulty assumption. This is exactly why I am trying to educate you as to the real reason fornits exist. Fornits does not exist as a support group for "survivors". Fornits and the people who pay to host it would actually welcome the very individuals who "abused" you to hear their side of the story. They want them to show up. That is what fornits is about. Some of you have never seemed to figure that out, and cry out in desperation why anyone would bother survivors on their own site, which makes you appear ignorant at the very least.

At least when I hate, I use it in a constructive manner so that others may be spared to be put into the care of the likes of you.

More assumptions from you. The funny thing is you probably think you're right, and believe what you say. Which makes it all the more sad.

What good do you think your doing here exactly?

Hmm. Let me think about that one for a while.  :roflmao:
(it's an internet discussion forum. what do you think people do here? )

Besides making the whole pro-program posse look like a bunch of bullies? Look, we aren't on the school yard anymore and I could honestly care less what some no named hypocrite thinks, so try to find a different hobby because trolling is obviously not your strong suit.

Well it seems like you do care since you take the time to respond, when you don't have to. If I was a "troll" then wouldn't my only goal to get people to respond? Which you did, which makes it funny for you to say I "am a bad troll". But "troll" is just what fornits posters labels you if your opinions don't match up with the group-think-lovin' "survivor" clique. So call me whatever you want, I really could care less. I really hope you take the time to learn what fornits is, and isn't, so you can stop making a fool of yourself when you make claims that are not even close to true.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 11:03:23 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Essays
Posted: Feb 18, 2009

TROUBLED TEEN VS. STRUGGLING TEEN
By: Lon Woodbury

The terms Troubled Teen and Struggling Teen are frequently used interchangeably. I think that is an error because the connotations for each are different.

The term Troubled Teen is usually heard in the mental health field, most often referring to children with serious disorders and with serious problems that do not respond to normal family or society interventions. A bi-polar child or one who is severely depressed would be examples. These children seemed compelled by what in a previous age would have been called "demons." Something internal is driving the child to the extent that the child is unable to control it, and the child is unable to respond positively to external interventions like punishment, encouragement or discipline. The connotation is that the child needs treatment in order to lessen, control or eliminate these compulsions.

The term Struggling Teen has broader connotations. As we use it at Woodbury Reports, it can include a Troubled Teen with serious disorders but primarily includes teens who, for some reason or other, are floundering or failing in mainstream society and schools. These might include children floundering because of an undetected Learning Disability or Learning Difference. It might also include children that have an "entitled" mentality, or ones who internalized some criticism in the past and have lost all semblance of self confidence.

The Struggling Teen child might also appear to be "driven," but the cause is closer to being a gross misunderstanding of how the world works. The cause might not be traced to a serious diagnosis; but these Struggling Teen self-destructive behaviors, apparently throwing away their future, were of serious concern. Serious enough that residential placement was worth considering since they seem to be their own worse enemy.

I first learned of this difference when I was the Admissions Director for an Emotional Growth Boarding School in the 1980s. Many of the teens I was enrolling had been tearing their families apart and were engaging in serious self-destructive activities, thus the reasons the parents decided on residential placement. For many of these children, psychological evaluations had indicated they were more or less psychologically intact.

The most frequent manifestation was that they were emotionally immature for their age. The term often used at the time was "sixteen-years-old and going on four." That they seemed mature by demanding all the rights of an adult was misleading because they were reacting emotionally like a young child. For a child like this, treatment to a diagnosis was often ineffective, but emotional growth structure and experiences often were effective. In essence, what these children needed was to learn how to grow up.

It is important for a school, program, professional or parent to know the difference between a Troubled Teen and the broader implication of a Struggling Teen. Relying primarily on therapeutic treatment of a child whose primary trouble is a Learning or Immaturity problem is ineffective and sometimes can be harmful.

By the same token, emotional growth experiences for a Troubled Teen is ineffective and can be harmful, except when done in conjunction with professional treatment and therapy.

A good school or program will know the connotations of Troubled Teen and Struggling Teen and will act accordingly.

Copyright © 2009, Woodbury Reports, Inc.
:bump:

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »
So basically you think that because the owners of this site elect to provide a forum that allows anonymous posting that they somehow hope that people will troll fornits for the lolz?....

Heres the thing, I would never oppose a pro-program poster here if they were just speaking their peace about the subject and I am most certainly a fan of a good debate, but the people who come here just to insult and offend people are really not welcome, they are only the cancer that has given this forum a somewhat unsavory reputation. I don't think Fornits was made for them. I do think it was a forum made by and for SURVIVORS but welcomes all others who have something to say about the program, even those who may have, at one time or another, been our abusers. I never said this was a support group or that the other side's opinion isn't welcome here, and believe me I am glad this forum isn't moderated. Honestly if it were, I don't think it would be half as interesting.

Besides, I wasn't even talking about Fornits, I was talking about you. About what kind of person seriously finds pleasure in insulting us the way you do. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the kind of twisted personality you would have to have in order to (being from the other side of the fence as you may or may not be) log onto an obscure forum and post hateful things solely out of spite. Especially when you are aware that some of us have been through things you couldn't imagine. But even if that didn't matter to you, and you had no sympathy for anyone for any reason and your sole reason for being here was just to school us on how wrong we are about retarded random shit that has little relevance, what would be your reasoning to target people you know already have a history of being abused, oppressed and exploited. It's sickening to think that's how you get your jollies. To me that just spells out that there is something very very very sick about your personality and oddly enough is a very good reflection of how most of the people abusing kids in these facilities think and act.

So far your arguments fail to miss the point every time, either you go off on grammar or some general assumption or nit pick at one insignificant word that throws you into a fit about some obscure point that you argue to death. You avoid the topic every time, and argue about nothing instead. That's what distinguishes you as a troll instead of someone who would bring a different opinion to the topic. I'm not saying you have to be polite, but honestly I don't get what you think you are accomplishing here by being so hateful. If you think it gives credibility to the other camp's argument your sadly mistaken and if you think your going to make us change our minds your wasting your time. So I guess I just don't get you.

Then again, this kind of perverted fuckery could quite possibly be your intention... which is classic Che by the way.

Offline sek

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »
The Struggling Teen child might also appear to be "driven," but the cause is closer to being a gross misunderstanding of how the world works. The cause might not be traced to a serious diagnosis...

I for one would like to hear Lon Woodbury's understanding of how the world works. Don't be shy.