Author Topic: how to start a group home for troubled teens  (Read 1859 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: how to start a group home for troubled teens
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "psy"

I don't know what the legal obligations are in that situation. I guess call the police and have them brought back? I'd say let them go, since we only want voluntary people, but I don't know if you can do that with a minor. At the least call their parents. Maybe go looking for them if it's a small enough town.

Troll, of course you can do let a minor leave the prmises! Contrary to popular gulag promoter opinion, you can allow a minor to leave of their own accord. Yep, then you file a missing person report if they are not back in a certain time frame

Well,it depends.  If the child is under age and the parents have signed over responsibility to you then you cannot just let the child walk off by themselves.  You would be sued and lose your business in a heart beat.  If there is an organized group leaving together for an outing with adult supervison then letting the child go would be acceptable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »
I want to start a group home for troubled teens so parents have an alternative and safe place instead of using programs. If we start a grass roots effort for good people to start small group homes maybe we can put the programs out of business.

Does anybody know how I can do this or where to begin? thanks

Dear Orig. Poster:
Do ye mean like a runaway shelter? What would this "group home" provide? What service(s) would this "group home" provide?
Be more specific please.
What kind of troubled teens would this "group home" "help"?
-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
I want to start a group home for troubled teens so parents have an alternative and safe place instead of using programs. If we start a grass roots effort for good people to start small group homes maybe we can put the programs out of business.

Does anybody know how I can do this or where to begin? thanks

Dear Orig. Poster:
Do ye mean like a runaway shelter? What would this "group home" provide? What service(s) would this "group home" provide?
Be more specific please.
What kind of troubled teens would this "group home" "help"?
-DP

op is a troll trying to bait us into something, hence all the needless mentions of AA.

OP: actually, as someone running a home, or school, you CAN just let a minor walk off.

Enjoy the fantasy never neverland you live in, but dont pretend it exists in anything but your demente mind. As a kid who spent time in both REAL boarding schools and groups homes, you CAN walk off whenever you want to, i.e. you wont be wrestled to the ground or have the cops called on you if you walk off campus. GHs and BSs arent prisons, just the programs are prisons. As much as you'd LOVE THAT to get blurred