Author Topic: A little Sandpoint story  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A little Sandpoint story
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
One of the workshops must suddenly too much for a poor guy jailed up at the former CEDU campus according to our little birdie in the dispatcher office.

We have this young man jailed at the CEDU facility beceause childhood can be extended with a rubber stamp in the Sandpoint area.

His father walked out of his life +100 times, his aunt somehow close to him died an mysterious death and he came very close to his mother maybe too close because they became co-dependent as our source was told by some at the school. You know - small community - everybody lives off the school.

The young man had difficulties to break loose of his pseudo husband/nurse role trying to comfort the mother in grief. So he neglected his own grief and it became what the mother believed was a suicide. Then he was taken to the hospital where they had someone taking kickbacks. The mother was lead to person who gave the "right" advice and soon the boy was at either Sorensen or Turnabout. However the boy was close to 18 and the normal judge was on holiday so the staff believed that they were not able to get a rubber stamp setting him up to be a child for 3 more years. Because it always is about the money the program didn't want him if he could stay there long enough to milk the mother for a year or two so they recommended the mother to take the boy to Idaho.

She did and he ended up in the former CEDU program.

Things went well for some time and if he just did behave for some workshops they could send him into Sandpoint to live more independent (where he should have been from the very start).

Our was told something of a workshop going totally wrong and the police had to be called (It is there our birdie learned about the story). But the dress he had on was kind of odd. Do they have the same kind of cross-dress or adult stores clothes things as they have in Mount Bachelor in Oregon? I was just wondering how extreme these exercises are.

I have search a little. Based on the time-stamp of the police report and this thread on another board it must be this incident our birdie talked about.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: A little Sandpoint story
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
:eek:

1200 mg of lithium a day?

And he's not poisoned???

Either she typed that up wrong or he's about 300 pounds and six foot five.

Then he was taken to the hospital where they had someone taking kickbacks

If that was in Idaho... sounds like Ulrich to me.

Currently in a group home

Good. Hope he stays there. Probably the best place for  him right now.

I think this is officially the first word I've heard regarding the pratices of the current, UHS incarnation of CEDU.

Some things never change.

That poor mom sounds like a total needy basketcase. Jesus, honey. And WTF is up with putting her and her kid's prescription regimen and diagnoses as a sig line???? I didn't see anyone else's like that. Am I missing something?

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:59:22 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think that the mother really knows that confrontational therapy can result in.

According to the thread the police which was called to the campus came close to tazer him.

Somehow I believe that the early version of CEDU would have suited him better. With all that medication he cannot deal with his issues correctly. I have a person on 225mg of a similar kind of medication. She is speaking of a shell around her feelings, so she will be lowered to 150mg once she start in an outpatient therapy group.

Look at this earlier thread from the same messageboard involving the same mother. Look how powerful she reacts to information about the CEDU therapy program. She should be forced to look at the documentary programs about CEDU.

This young man has only two main issues.

1) Grief based on loosing a person close to him
2) Problems with cutting the cord between him and his mother, which the doctor should have dealt with when he was born.

I would recommend to take him totally off medication while he is in the hospital and then an exchange student program.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
...And WTF is up with putting her and her kid's prescription regimen and diagnoses as a sig line???? I didn't see anyone else's like that. Am I missing something?
Look again. Most seem to put their diagnoses; many also sig the prescription regimens. It's almost like a "badge of suffering." Here's one from further down that same page:

Kanga DD#1 age 15, GFG Schitzoaffective; BMR; pre-BPD; RAD; Zoloft 25mg, Abilify 30mg, Vyvanse 20mg (hallucinations pre-date meds); in RTC

Eeyore DS#1 age 14 near-PC, Aspergers; Concerta 54mg, Trileptal 600mg, Zoloft 10mg

Piglet DD#2 age 12, PC ADD; Focalin XR 30mg, Ritalin 10mg

Tigger DS#2 age 10, gifted, strong-willed indigo child; hf autism; Depakote 1500mg, Clonodine .25mg, Seroquel 25mg
    [/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

• Registered Users
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 07:41:02 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    Quote from: "try another castle"
    ...And WTF is up with putting her and her kid's prescription regimen and diagnoses as a sig line???? I didn't see anyone else's like that. Am I missing something?
    Look again. Most seem to put their diagnoses; many also sig the prescription regimens. It's almost like a "badge of suffering." Here's one from further down that same page:

Kanga DD#1 age 15, GFG Schitzoaffective; BMR; pre-BPD; RAD; Zoloft 25mg, Abilify 30mg, Vyvanse 20mg (hallucinations pre-date meds); in RTC

Eeyore DS#1 age 14 near-PC, Aspergers; Concerta 54mg, Trileptal 600mg, Zoloft 10mg

Piglet DD#2 age 12, PC ADD; Focalin XR 30mg, Ritalin 10mg

Tigger DS#2 age 10, gifted, strong-willed indigo child; hf autism; Depakote 1500mg, Clonodine .25mg, Seroquel 25mg
      [/list]

That's fucking pathetic as all hell. Indigo child? Are you fucking shitting me? That's just downright fetishistic. What, you can't find other, more legitimate things to feel proud about regarding your kid? Are car bumpers now sporting "proud parent of a five year old pharmacy receptacle" instead of "honor roll student"

What happened to the good old days when parents were discreet about their kids' problems? I think probably the sentence I heard the most when I was a kid was "Stop it! You're making a spectacle of yourself!" (Which, for the longest time, made me believe I was somehow turning into a pair of glasses, until I understood that words can have more than one meaning.)

I was brought up never to feel proud of the fact that I was a social retard. There was nothing special about it. I was special, but for other reasons. My parents encouraged my strengths, not my weaknesses. My art, my creativity, my good grades, not being sent out of class every other day, or my temper tantrums, or my fucked up circadian rhythm and depression. If I ran into one of my friends on the way to my shrink's appointment, and they asked me where I was off to, I'd say "uh, oh yeah, my uh, doctor's." "Isn't Dr. Potempkin the other way?" "Oh, right. Well, it's my eye doctor." or something like that.

That's not ideal either, but fuck man, can't there be a medium? This is why people are claiming things like ASS-burgers as an excuse for being an ASS-hole. I think I can tell the difference pretty good. My nephew is full blown autistic, and my brother in law definitely, legitimately, has aspergers. The difference is obvious compared to some of these cases Ive seen on specials about the condition.

Low functioning is NOT something to be proud of, but it's also not something to feel ashamed of. It's a cross to bear, an obstacle, a problem that needs more solutions than just throwing pills at it. Higher thinking needs to be involved, which is why there are things like CBT.

I know Im preaching to a sizable choir here, but jeez, that whole shit is just downright pathetic. Those parents should seriously be ashamed of themselves, and the kids, jeez, man. This generation is gonna be a real hoot when they become adults if they buy into their parents' bullshit about feeling special for the wrong reasons.

What fucked up boundaries. That kinda shit is nobody's business. Regardless on what the nature of the forum is.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
        • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
      « Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »
      I used to have one that said "My kid kicked your honor roll student's ass"
      "Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
      ~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

• Registered Users
        • View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »
      Quote from: "Antigen"
      I used to have one that said "My kid kicked your honor roll student's ass"

lol. I love that one.

"my aspie kicked your retard in the head"

DSM-IV in the house, yo. What's your axis, good buddy?