Author Topic: Breaking news!  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Breaking news!
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »
This just landed in my box from an anonymous source. Anybody want to check it out?

The Utah Health and Human Services Interim Study Committee are now taking up the matter of reviewing the administrative licensing standards for group homes.  A hearing is scheduled for June 16th, 2004.  The meeting will be held at 2 pm in room 403 of the Capital Building in Salt Lake City.  A group of citizens who have become more concerned about the actions (or inaction) of the Utah Human Services Office of Licensing  since the death of Anson Arnett will be attending, and various officials have recieved suggestions for revisions in the Administrative Rules There will be time set aside for public comment.

Time's fun when you're having flies.
--Kermit the Frog

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Breaking news!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »
How many times have they 'changed the rules'? I think that while they're making changes they should replace the licensing director.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Breaking news!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
True enough. But those who may be interested in taking part in efforts to regulate this problem away might want to participate in this latest round. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to accomplish something meaningful. At the very least, they'll learn something. Either way, the more wittnesses, the better!

May the fleas of one thousand llamas infest your armpits
--One ticked off sysadmin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Breaking news!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
Was anyone who is active in reform of the teen industry able to attend this meeting?  I sure hope so. It will be interesting to find out what happened at the meeting. Hopefully there will be some information in the SLT tomarrow. This is what is necessary. Public meetings and public outcry! It can work since this is a government by the people and for the people. A group of activists should go to the Utah legislature. We need to make public comment and write letters to the editors of local papers.  This may keep the momentum for change going.  Ultimately - the parents, who are the consumers of this awful industry, need to refuse to send their children to facilities that have "red flags" like limiting parental contact and phone calls.  [ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2004-06-16 21:09 ]
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »
What drives the teen help industry is not troubled teens, it is troubled parents. They are the ones signing the checks and patting themselves on the back for giving their children a "second chance" when in reality, all they really need is good parenting.

:roll:

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Breaking news!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »
PRECISELY.. this is why the public needs to be informed about what is really going on. Activists who have experience with this need to write letters to the the editors and submit articles to other media sourses. As more people become aware, changes will follow. Unfortunately there are many parents who do not have a clue that their child could be abused in a teen treatment center. Shocking as it may seem - I was one of those parents.  I have reported these atrocities to others who look at me like I'm nuts - they believe me because they know me.  Most people just don't know about this.  Now is an excellent time to get this infomation out to the public.  
I know there is a book, "American Gulag" by Alexis Parks.  Excerpts from it can be found at
http://www.teenliberty.org

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark.  The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.  
--Plato

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline samlauncher

• View Profile
Re: Breaking news!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 06:43:31 AM »
hey frnd I want daily updated news plz suggest me a site or anything elseā€¦