Author Topic: R.I.P. - Franklin Wofford McGill (Hyde-Bath 2007)  (Read 12551 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
R.I.P. - Franklin Wofford McGill (Hyde-Bath 2007)
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
Franklin Wofford McGill
(from Legacy/Statesman.com)

Franklin Wofford McGill
Dec. 6, 1988 - Feb. 15, 2009

Franklin Wofford McGill died on Sunday, February 15, 2009. Frank was a beloved son, brother and friend to many. He was born in Austin, Texas on December 6, 1988 to Charmaine Denius McGill and J. Gordon McGill. Survivors include: his parents, Charmaine Denius McGill and J. Gordon McGill of Austin; his brother, G. Parker McGill, of Dallas; his grandparents, Charmaine and Frank W. Denius of Austin, and Mrs. Ruth Gordon McGill of Bryan; his aunt Ruth G. McGill, M.D. of Bryan, his maternal aunt and uncle, Beth and F. Wofford Denius of Los Angeles, California; and his cousin, Reagan Denius of Los Angeles, California. He also leaves behind a multitude of beloved friends. Frank attended Saint Andrew's Episcopal School in Austin from first grade until he graduated from Middle School in 2003. He then went on to graduate high school from The Hyde School in Bath, Maine in 2007, where he was an avid sportsman, football, basketball, and lacrosse player. Frank loved being outdoors and in the wilderness. Frank's life would seem too short to many, but those who were touched by him understood that his life's experiences gave him a wisdom far beyond his years. Kind and thoughtful, Frank had a gift for knowing what people needed in troubled times and he willingly and gracefully shared his hard-earned wisdom in times of need. Frank will be missed every day by his family and friends and we say to Frankie, as one smart bear once said ... "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh. A memorial service will be held for Frank at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 3201 Windsor Road, Austin, Texas, at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 21, 2009. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to Saint Andrew's Episcopal School or to the Hyde School in Bath, Maine in Frank's memory. Obituary and guestbook online at wcfish.com.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: R.I.P. - Franklin Wofford McGill (Hyde-Bath 2007)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:50:26 AM »
Guestbook for
Franklin Wofford McGill
(#s 1-20, from Legacy/Statesman.com)

February 20, 2009
    Mr. and Mrs. McGill and Parker...
    I can't imagine what you're all going through right now. I only got to know Frank over the past year and my short time with him was always fun. Frank is one of the nicest, sweetest and most genuine people I've met. I will miss his friendly smile and welcoming hugs. He always made those around him feel so good. My heart is with all of you.
Cord Shiflet (Austin, TX)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    To the Family,

May peace be with you all, as it is with Franklin. Blessings.
Lindy Segall (Hye, TX)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Dearest Gordon and Charmaine,

My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family, at this time. Frank was not only special, he was an extraordinary person. I am lucky to have known Frank for the time that I did, which was much too short. He will always have a special place in my heart, which he touched every time I saw him. I am glad that I saw him for a haircut only two weeks ago. I will cherish that memory. There was a connection between us that was unspoken for years, until one day as I was trimming up his hair, we agreed that we related to one another spiritually. It was a unique conversation between two people, he being much wiser than his years. Yesterday when I got the news, I could not control my tears, and know that I still don't quite know what "little Frank McGill" has in store for me and all those he touched in his lifetime.

A few times yesterday I kept asking God "Why?" , as I am sure you both have. I came to my own conclusion that he was meant to be an angel in Heaven, to look upon others and guide them, even though he sometimes had difficulty guiding himself. I beleive that he is at peace now, and that his mind is calm, without worry or pain.

I will always remember his robust laughter and his shining. smiling face. You are both blessed to have had the years that you did with Frank, and I thank you for sending him my way back when he was about 13 or 14 for that first haircut of many to follow. I will never forget him. Ever.

Much love to you both,

Diana Rutledge (Frank's hairstylist)
Diana Rutledge (Austin, TX)
Contact me[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Gordon and Charmaine,

My heart goes out to you, and no words can express my sorrow. I know that he will be greatly missed.

Suzanne
Suzanne McIntosh (Austin, TX)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    May God bless you and your family in this time of sorrow.
Susan Ellis (Atlanta)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    I know Frank was dearly loved and brought joy to many. I know he is in God's loving arms. May God grant peace to his dear family.
    Laura Mendenhall
Laura Mendenhall (Atlanta, GA)
Contact me[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Franklin, not a day will go by that I don't think of your wonderful smile and laugh. McGill family, my heart goes out to you in these hard times. Thank you for sharing such a special boy with me.
Gyllian Garvey (Austin, TX)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Dearest Gordon and Charmaine,
    My heart truly hurts for both of you.
    Frank was a very special person and his friendship was so important to William. I will forever miss Frank's wonderful smile and engaging personality. May God bless you both.
Mike Ezzell (San Antonio, TX)
Contact me[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Our deepest sympathy.
    Frank was a really good friend to our daughter Katy and he will be missed greatly.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you
Don and Charmaine Cook (Nashville, TN)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    I was very saddened to hear this news. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
MONA TAGUE (AUSTIN, TX)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Dear McGill family,
    I want to offer my deepest condolences. During a time such as this, words are often insufficient and simply cannot be strung together in any form or fashion to convey the desired amount of empathy... Please know you are all in my thoughts.
Katie Duckworth (Greensboro, NC)
Contact me[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Gordon and Charmaine:

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. We were blessed in meeting you and Frank, and sharing our obstacles together at the Hyde School. May the spirit of God bring peace to your lives.
Mary Anne & Brett Hubbard (Cary, NC)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Your family is a great one that we Pearsons love a great deal, we are there with you during this very tough time

Sincerely,
    Gary Pearson
Gary Pearson (Houston, TX)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    It is with great sadness and Hyde heart that our condolences are sent. Deans first roomate and friend at Hyde was Frank, and it was then that their bond was created. Dean and I had the pleasant opportunity to share in a Hyde weekend with Frank as our student facilitator, it was then that I began to get to know Frank on a personal level and knew that the depth of his voice mirrored his observant wisdom. We can only imagine the pain and sorrow you are feeling...and know that its with lifes quiet moments and stored memories that you will feel peace. Our deepest sympathies to you during this difficult time.
Carolyn Clark and Dean Clark Hyde 07 (Glastonbury, CT)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    My thoughts are with you. Frank was such a joy to coach. He gave of himself so completely on the playing field. I will fondly remember his spirit, drive and compassion.
Brian Mulligan (Bath, ME)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    I am so sorry for your pain. Frank and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I remember all of you being a kind and loving family.
Debe Trachtenberg (Scituate, MA)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Dear Frank,
    Thank you for the time and memories we shared together. I will always remember you and how kindhearted you were. You were definitely a person who stands out in my time at Hyde. Thank you for being such a great friend. You and your family will always be in my thoughts and prayers. I love you.

Katy Cook
Katy Cook (Nashville, TN)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Dear Gordon, Charmaine, Parker and family,
    I'm very sorry to hear of your sad news. My heart aches and I pray that you feel the comfort of our Lord surrounding you every moment. It was an honor for me to be inspired by Frank in the short amount of time given me to know him. I live in gratitude for his life.
Karen Muennink (Dallas)[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Dear Mr. & Mrs. McGill,
    I was so upset to hear the news about Frank. I first met him several years ago at Hyde when he was a student intern at an FLC I had with my son Brendan, Colin's younger brother. I had heard Colin speak about him before that, often in context with his friend Will Thomas. I will always remember his beautiful smile, easy laugh, and DEEP voice! My heart aches for what you and your family are feeling right now. I am praying for all of you. May the Lord bring you comfort and peace as only He can. Frank will live on in the hearts and memories of his friends at Hyde forever.
Patty Vize (Pleasant Prairie, WI)
Contact me[/list]
February 20, 2009
    Frank was such a joy to be around and brought love and light with him wherever he went. We really appreciated out time with him at Hyde. Most who met Frank, instantly found they had a deep affection for him. He was an such a neat kid. We will miss him dearly. Our thoughts are with your family as you navigate through this time.

With Peace,

Aaron and Lindsay Hinton (Hyde Facility '04-'07)
Aaron and Lindsay Hinton (Salt Lake City, UT)
Contact me[/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
Guestbook for
Franklin Wofford McGill, continued...
(#s 21-30, from Legacy/Statesman.com)

February 21, 2009
    I'm sorry I could not make it to say good bye one last time Frankie. I love you and will miss you. You are a great and dear friend.
Sarah Coyne-Wilson (Sahaurita, AZ)
Contact me[/list]
February 21, 2009
    Dear Charmaine and Gordon,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Christ holds you in his arms during this difficult time. He never leaves us. I know that you will forever miss your precious Frank. I will never forget his wonderful smile and beautiful voice. Thank you for allowing me to meet him.
Pam Machemehl Helmly (Austin, TX)[/list]
February 21, 2009

Sharon's call telling me of Frank's death was a shock and deeply saddening. My condolences go to you at this difficult time. I regret that I was not able to attend his services.

Love, Grim
Grim Locke (Ruston, LA)[/list]
February 21, 2009
    Mr. & Ms. McGill, Parker, and the Denius Family,

My thoughts and heart go out to your family now and forever. I will always remember Frank - the little boy who was so kind and generous to my family. With his smile, beautiful personality, and unconditional love; he captured a very special place in my moms(Nada) heart. Over the years, she has shared many great and happy stories of Frank, and those memories will always be treasured and close to our hearts.Thank you all for bringing him into our lives and allowing us the chance to know him.

Parker, a special prayer goes out to you as you too hold a special spot in our hearts.
Sandy Bombick (Indianapolis, IN)[/list]
February 21, 2009
    Dear Charmaine and Gordon: Lanny and I were devastated and so saddened by the news of Frank's death. Just the other day Ally told me that she felt that Frank was her soulmate, and that he would always have a special place in her heart no matter where their lives led them. Frank had a special place in our hearts as well. I still remember meeting him for the first time with you at a San Francisco restaurant a few years ago. He seemed to glow from within, with that great grin and shining eyes. I don't know where comfort can come after such a tragic loss, but hope and pray that in time it will come to you. With love, friendship, and respect, Carolyn Bryant
Carolyn Bryant (Walnut Creek, CA)
Contact me[/list]
February 22, 2009
    Dear Denius and McGill families:

Please accept my deepest sympathy for this horrible turn of events. I am so saddened by the loss of someone so precious. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Thomas Johnson, Jr. (Austin, TX)
Contact me[/list]
February 24, 2009
    Our hearts are so heavy. Our love and thoughts are with you Charmaine and Gordon.
Tuck & Kelly Irwin (Portland, ME)[/list]
February 24, 2009
    My heart is so heavy on hearing about the loss of young Frank. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May God hold you in His hands and may you be supported by the love of your friends and family.
Lucy Frost (Austin, TX)
Contact me[/list]
February 25, 2009
    Dearest Charmaine and Gordon: Mary Bell Holt told me of Frank's passing and I wanted to write and tell you that you and your family are in my heart and in my prayers. Charmaine, I haven't talked with you since college, but I have always had a fondness for our times together. I know that my words cannot comfort, but please know that you are not alone in your sorrow. When my sister died, Psalm 121 told me where to find the strength to go on and I share that with you now. May God hold all of you close and give you peace. All my love, Carol Williams Arnold
carol arnold (kerrville, TX)[/list]
February 25, 2009
    Gordon and Charmaine,
    We are stunned and grief-struck at Frank's passing. We celebrate him as much as we mourn him. Our hearts and concerns are with you.
Mark & Jane Skakel (Hyde Hapa)[/list]

° ° °

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
wow. so young. how did he die?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »
Another Memorial page. Obituary here is basically the same, just formatted differently. And another set of Guestbook entries, some of these coming from Frank's days at Mount Bachelor Academy (currently run by Aspen Education Group, but program has substantial CEDU influence; see ALSO).

Franklin Wofford McGill
(from Weed Corley Fish / Wilke Clay Fish)

http://img01.funeralnet.com/galleries/638254/287959
Franklin Wofford McGill
Born in Austin, Texas on Dec. 6, 1988
Departed on Feb. 15, 2009 and resided in Austin, TX.

Franklin Wofford McGill died on Sunday, February 15, 2009. Frank was a beloved son, brother and friend to many. He was born in Austin, Texas on December 6, 1988 to Charmaine Denius McGill and J. Gordon McGill.

Survivors include: his parents, Charmaine Denius McGill and J. Gordon McGill of Austin; his brother, G. Parker McGill, of Dallas; his grandparents, Charmaine and Frank W. Denius of Austin, and Mrs. Ruth Gordon McGill of Bryan; his aunt Ruth G. McGill, M.D. of Bryan, his maternal aunt and uncle, Beth and F. Wofford Denius of Los Angeles, California; and his cousin, Reagan Denius of Los Angeles, California. He also leaves behind a multitude of beloved friends.

Frank attended Saint Andrew's Episcopal School in Austin from first grade until he graduated from Middle School in 2003. He then went on to graduate high school from The Hyde School in Bath, Maine in 2007, where he was an avid sportsman, football, basketball, and lacrosse player. Frank loved being outdoors and in the wilderness. Frank's life would seem too short to many, but those who were touched by him understood that his life's experiences gave him a wisdom far beyond his years. Kind and thoughtful, Frank had a gift for knowing what people needed in troubled times and he willingly and gracefully shared his hard-earned wisdom in times of need.

Frank will be missed every day by his family and friends and we say to Frankie, as one smart bear once said … "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." – Winnie the Pooh.

A memorial service will be held for Frank at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 3201 Windsor Road, Austin, Texas, at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 21, 2009. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to Saint Andrew's Episcopal School or to the Hyde School in Bath, Maine in Frank's memory.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »
Guestbook for
Franklin Wofford McGill
(#s 1-20, from Weed Corley Fish / Wilke Clay Fish)

_______
My very deep and heartfelt condolences go out to Parker and Mr. and Mrs. McGill. I am Lesley Hile's sister and remember Parker during the high school years. I did not have the pleasure of meeting Frank but feel a kinship nonetheless. With deep sypathy I share my prayers and love with each of you.
    Jennifer Hile Kuczaj
    Feb 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    [/list]
    _______
    Charmaine, Gordon, Parker and Family, please know that Frank was special to us, and we share your grief. The memories of him as the fun loving, smiling, little tyke, the cub scout with his shirt tail half tucked in, and the determined little football player, are just some of the memories which will keep him alive and with us always. We are blessed to have known him. God be with him and you. Patricia
      Patricia Morrison Fleming
      Feb 19, 2009
      Austin, TX
      [/list]
      _______
      Charmaine,Gordon,and Parker,
      My ( and our) heart goes out to you and know this is a pain that is unquestionably unbearable. Know that your family is in our constant prayers and may it lead to some type of healing within your broken hearts. With love, Shelley T. and family

Shelley Todd
        Feb 19, 2009
        Austin, TX
        [/list]
        _______
        I'm very sorry Parker. Natalie called and told me about your brother. She is concerned about you. We are keeping you and your parents in our prayers. I know this must be an awfully hard time for you and all who knew him. Keep your head up and know that time heals all things for those that know the Lord. Lean on your friends, they want to help you get through this.
        Nat's mom, Pamela Bond

Pamela Bond
          Feb 19, 2009
          Vernon, TX
          [/list]
          _______
          Charmaine, Parker, Gordon, your mom and dad and brother Woffie and family are surrounded by my prayers for peace, comfort and healing. You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your precious child, Frank.
            Shelley JoAnne Weedon Trepanier
            Feb 20, 2009
            Austin, TX
            [/list]
            _______
            The faculty and staff of Casner Christian Academy is remembering the McGill and Denius families in your sorrow. I especially remember precious Frank in three's when you first came to us. He loved his new school and making friends. Mostly, he loved playtime and the rocks on the playground. In fours, he had his "running buddies" in Mrs. Russell's class and they enveloped the day. I remember him fondly in Mrs. Baker's fives in the Christmas and spring programs. I hope your happy memories will sustain you through this sad time and that God's grace will surround you as His love embraces you. To Grandpa Denius, I especially remember you proudly watching Frank as he raised the flag. God gives us memories. With sincere christian sympathy, Lucille Casner
              Lucille Casner
              Feb 20, 2009
              Austin, TX
              [/list]
              _______
              Charmaine and Gordon,
              I send my heart to you both and pray that the angels are rallying around you today. God bless you and your family. Love, Joan

Joan Dunham
                Feb 20, 2009
                Austin, TX
                [/list]
                _______
                Charmaine and Gordon we were so sorry to hear about your loss. Reading about Frank he sounded like an extraordinary young man. I know he will be greatly missed. Please know Houston and I have you all and your family in our prayers.
                Sincerely, Charlotte and Houston Kauffman

Charlotte & Houston Kauffman
                  Feb 20, 2009
                  Ft. Worth, TX
                  [/list]
                  _______
                  Charmaine & Family,
                  I am so very sorry to hear the sad news of your sons tragic death. I truly hope your memories of his childhood and better days, bring you some peace and comfort. Your son is at peace, and I know that your many friends will provide you support and love that you will need now and in the days & weeks to come. Know that you and all of your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

always, Nancy Netherton Ellison

Nancy Netherton Ellison
                    Feb 20, 2009
                    Houston, TX
                    [/list]
                    _______
                    Gordon and Charmaine,
                    There are no words, simply no words to express to you my sorrow and love for you and your family in this painful time.
                    I know that you will be surrounded by so many who love all of you. It is my hope that the wonderful memories of Frank that he leaves with you and Parker will help you through this painful journey.
                    My deepest love, my prayers, and my condolences to all.

Love,
                    Ann

Ann Hanna-Morrison
                      Feb 20, 2009
                      Kemah, TX
                      [/list]
                      _______
                      Charmaine,Gordon and Parker

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what a beautiful boy Frank was and what a good friend he was to Andrew.
                      Blessed are they that mourn,for they shall be comforted.Matthew5;4

Jack Moher
                        Feb 20, 2009
                        Austin, TX
                        [/list]
                        _______
                        My thoughts and prayers are with you. Nancy
                          Nancy Thorne Foster
                          Feb 20, 2009
                          Austin, TX
                          [/list]
                          _______
                          My heart aches for his mother and father and family. And I weep for my own feeling of loss. I have memories I will chersih always of Frankie. He truly did have a wisdom beyond his years.
                            wendy andrick
                            Feb 20, 2009
                            bend, OR
                            [/list]
                            _______
                            We are deeply sorry for your loss and will keep you in our prayers. David and Phoebe McMurrey-
                            Jane McMurrey-

Phoebe McMurrey
                              Feb 20, 2009
                              Austin, TX
                              [/list]
                              _______
                              Dear Ones,

My heart and prayers go out to you during this difficult time. Frank's smile could light up and entire room! I know you will find much comfort in the joys that he brought to you and the rest of us. Frank will always be with us because love is immortal.

In shared grief,
                              Pauline Freeman

Pauline Freeman
                                Feb 20, 2009
                                Dallas, TX
                                [/list]
                                _______
                                Dear Neighbors Frank and Charmaine.

We feel completely devastated for you in your loss of your grandson. So hard to hear of these things. What a burden for you all.

Our prayers and thoughts----for you and for your daughter Charmaine and Gordon.

May God keep his loving arms around you all.

Joe and Cathy

joe and cathy powell
                                  Feb 20, 2009
                                  austin, TX
                                  [/list]
                                  _______
                                  My fondest childhood memories include Frank out at the ranch. I will never forget him. You all are in my prayers.
                                  Love, Will

Will Rice
                                    Feb 20, 2009
                                    Austin, TX
                                    [/list]
                                    _______
                                    Gordon, Charmaine and Family,

I feel so much for you now, I can hardly think straight. I know that this is terrible to bear. You are all in my prayers. God will see you through.

Michael

Michael Miller
                                      Feb 20, 2009
                                      Austin, TX
                                      [/list]
                                      _______
                                      It's so moving to see how many friends you truly had, Frank. You were absolutely one of the nicest kids I've ever known, and it would take pages to remember all the great things about you. You were the model athlete: a fierce competitor on the field and a true gentleman off it. You are clearly missed by everyone who ever knew you, rest in peace man.
                                        Jesse Brower
                                        Feb 20, 2009
                                        Boston, MA
                                        [/list]
                                        _______
                                        On behalf of all of Frank's friends and acquaintances here in Port Townsend, please know that we are thinking of you and are so sad at Frank's passing. His presence here has already been so helpful to others.
                                          Woody Bernas
                                          Feb 20, 2009
                                          Port Townsend, WA
                                          [/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                          « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »
                                          Guestbook for
                                          (#s 21-40, from Weed Corley Fish / Wilke Clay Fish)

_______
                                          Charmaine and all of your sweet family please know that I am on bended knee lifting you up and praying for God's grace and peace for you.

Love,
                                          Cyndy Copus Fisher

Cyndy Copus Fisher
                                            Feb 20, 2009
                                            Austin, TX
                                            [/list]
                                            _______
                                            These words of Helen Keller have comforted me during many sad times "What we have once enjoyed,we can never lose.All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." My heart is heavy and my prayers are with you.
                                              Glenda Smith
                                              Feb 20, 2009
                                              Austin, TX
                                              [/list]
                                              _______
                                              Charmaine and Gordon,

I don’t know that you would remember me, but I taught Frank while he was at Hyde.
                                              I just wanted to share with you that I will miss his easy smile and the way he was warm and genuine in his interactions with everyone.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

God bless you,
                                              -Melissa

Melissa Maggio
                                                Feb 20, 2009
                                                Boston, MA
                                                [/list]
                                                _______
                                                Dearest Charmaine,
                                                You have been and will continue to be in my constant thoughts and prayers. I pray that you feel the peace of the Lord during this difficult time. Blessings upon you, Gordon, Parker and your sweet mom and dad.

Betsy Andrews Dabbs
                                                  Feb 20, 2009
                                                  Round Rock, TX
                                                  [/list]
                                                  _______
                                                  Your Frank sounds a lot like Gordon from second grade through high school; and just as handsome. My heart aches for your families loss. The years you had with him will forever enrich those yet to come because he was your gifted son.
                                                    Evalyn Worley CHS '67
                                                    Feb 20, 2009
                                                    Austin, TX
                                                    [/list]
                                                    _______
                                                    Charmaine and Gordon,
                                                    Our hearts are heavy and we are so sad. May God's grace comfort you. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, your parents, Woffie and Beth.

Don and Cindy Babel
                                                      Feb 20, 2009
                                                      Austin, TX
                                                      [/list]
                                                      _______
                                                      Dear Gordon,

Although we cannot heal your sorrow, we can tell you that we are here for you in spirit. You are experiencing a parents' worst fear. We wish you all of God's strength in accepting this tremendous loss.

Frank was obviously a treasure on earth. May God bless you all and especially Frank.

With sincere sympathy,

Anne Boykin on behalf of the
                                                      A&M CHS Class of '67

Anne Boykin
                                                        Feb 20, 2009
                                                        College Station, TX
                                                        [/list]
                                                        _______
                                                        Frank was the kindest, sweetest, most gentle young man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He is missed and always will be.
                                                          Robert Lawton
                                                          Feb 20, 2009
                                                          Los Angeles, CA
                                                          [/list]
                                                          _______
                                                          Dear Charmaine, Gordon, and Parker,
                                                          Our deepest and most heartfelt thoughts go to your family at this time. We hope that all the love that pours out to you from your family and friends will give you strength and comfort. Your family will be in our prayers.
                                                          Henrietta and Rick Coleman

Henrietta Coleman
                                                            Feb 21, 2009
                                                            Austin, TX
                                                            [/list]
                                                            _______
                                                            Five years ago your son and our son Aaron spent some time together on their life journey in OR. Cathy met your son five years ago--maybe today, when she visited Aaron. Her memories of him are still clear, a young man with enthusiasm and friendly heart. Our son died in May '05 at 18. We don't know how you feel, but we remember those painful days in our life, and our hearts ache for your family. Praying that you may have moments of peace.
                                                            tom meyer

Tom Meyer
                                                              Feb 21, 2009
                                                              madison, WI
                                                              [/list]
                                                              _______
                                                              Dear Charmaine,
                                                              I am horribly saddened to hear of your loss.

Jennifer Eppler Long
                                                                Feb 21, 2009
                                                                Austin, TX
                                                                [/list]
                                                                _______
                                                                Charmaine, Gordon, Grandparents, and Family,
                                                                We seldom read the obituary page, and my heart stood still when I saw your son's obituary. We cannot begin to imagine your pain. Although we have not seen you in quite a while, please know that our love and prayers are with you. May God lift you up and heal the pain as only he can do.
                                                                Love,
                                                                Harvey and Martha

Martha & Harvey Walker
                                                                  Feb 21, 2009
                                                                  Leander, TX
                                                                  [/list]
                                                                  _______
                                                                  Little Charmaine and family,

We are so very sorry to hear about your son and we want you all to know we are sending our love, comfort and a heaven full of the most beautiful flowers.

Suzanne & Mary Lewis

Suzanne Lewis
                                                                    Feb 21, 2009
                                                                    Austin, TX
                                                                    [/list]
                                                                    _______
                                                                    We are sorry for your loss and share your grief on this tradegy.
                                                                      George Ann &jeff Geeslin
                                                                      Feb 21, 2009
                                                                      Austin, TX
                                                                      [/list]
                                                                      _______
                                                                      Frank, thank you so much for being a thoughtful kind and caring friend to so many.. thank you for reaching out to me over the past 3 1/2 years.. it was always your timely text or call that just made me glow.. your were a rockstar in my book.. go forward and play with those that went before you.. i played a grateful dead song i had to sing for all the folks at hyde school today very very loudly... it was and always since that time an incredibly meaningful song to me.. i believe you are fine, its those here that have to hurt and cry for your loss.. come to them in their dreams in the little things that happen every day.. you will never be forgotten..
                                                                        kim coggins
                                                                        Feb 21, 2009
                                                                        roswell, GA
                                                                        [/list]
                                                                        _______
                                                                        dear charmaine ~
                                                                        i just walked home from my friend's house with my sleeping son in my arms and got the news from lolla on email. i ache inside - since i now know what it feels like to love a son. i cry for you. remember at the beginning when a baby keeps you so busy? i imagine your grief will keep you just as busy now. try to take a shower every day. and dedicate your time for yourself to him. the love that you give yourself will be loving him too. you have gained a guardian angel - a new companion to be with you all the time.
                                                                        i send you my love and the love of my little boy.
                                                                        xoxo
                                                                        amy

Amy Kriescher
                                                                          Feb 21, 2009
                                                                          Pernes-les-Fontaines France
                                                                          [/list]
                                                                          _______
                                                                          Words can not express the sorrow that I feel for all who will be missing a good friend and family member as I am sure Frank was.
                                                                          Although I only met him in passing at the Hyde School my Son Alex was quick to remind me that he was always a caring and good friend to him. That means so much to a Mom who sends her child away to school especially under trying circumstances as some of us did.
                                                                          As a Mom the one thing I wish I could do right now is just wrap my arms around Charmaine to try to take away some small bit of pain for just a moment if it were possible. God bless.
                                                                          Nancy and Don Peacock

Nancy Peacock
                                                                            Feb 21, 2009
                                                                            Newmarket, NH
                                                                            [/list]
                                                                            _______
                                                                            My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Gordon.Our children are the loves of our lives and we pray every day they will outlive us.My condolences and prayers during this awful time .. Jimmy
                                                                              Jim Bradley
                                                                              Feb 21, 2009
                                                                              Crockett, TX
                                                                              [/list]
                                                                              _______
                                                                              I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Frank sounded like such a fine young man. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                Allan Riggs
                                                                                Feb 22, 2009
                                                                                San Antonio, TX
                                                                                [/list]
                                                                                _______
                                                                                I am so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourselves & know that Frank is at peace, now and always.
                                                                                SIncerely,
                                                                                Beth J. Fogel

Beth J. Fogel
                                                                                  Feb 22, 2009
                                                                                  Washington, UT
                                                                                  [/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                  • *
                                                                                  • Posts: 8989
                                                                                  • Karma: +3/-0
                                                                                    • View Profile
                                                                                  « Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »
                                                                                  Guestbook for
                                                                                  (#s 41-57, from Weed Corley Fish / Wilke Clay Fish)

_______
                                                                                  Dear Gordon and Charmaine,
                                                                                  After so long an absence, it is with great sadness that I contract you about the loss of Frank. Because the last time I remember seeing Frank was at 4UR and he must have been 5 years old or less, I read every Guestbook entry. It is clear that Frank grew up to be an very admirable young man. I grief with you for your loss of him. If there is anything I can do to help, please do not hestitate to ask. I now live not too far from Austin and can be reached at 830-966-3378.
                                                                                  Your Friend,
                                                                                  Bill Wilson

Bill Wilson
                                                                                    Feb 22, 2009
                                                                                    Vanderpool, TX
                                                                                    [/list]
                                                                                    _______
                                                                                    Gordon, my prayers are with you and your family.

From an old friend, Bill

Bill Braddy
                                                                                      Feb 22, 2009
                                                                                      Madison, AL
                                                                                      [/list]
                                                                                      _______
                                                                                      Dearest Charmaine and Gordon,
                                                                                      No words can express my sorrow for you both. I can only pray for you all and hope that time and faith can help you to go forward. I do believe Frank is bathed in the light of God and resting in the arms of an angel. With love, Patty

Patty Carini Raci
                                                                                        Feb 23, 2009
                                                                                        Stamford, CT
                                                                                        [/list]
                                                                                        _______
                                                                                        Charmaine and Gordan,

We are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Frank's loved ones. God Bless

Nanette Zumwalt and Team
                                                                                          Feb 23, 2009
                                                                                          Huntington Beach, CA
                                                                                          [/list]
                                                                                          _______
                                                                                          Charmaine & family,
                                                                                          I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. It has been awhile since I last saw you, but then again it just seems like the other day that I saw Frank. He was the cutest little boy with curly blonde hair! So precious! Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. May Jesus wrap you in His arms.

Brittany (Hodgkins) Ramirez
                                                                                            Feb 23, 2009
                                                                                            Austin, TX
                                                                                            [/list]
                                                                                            _______
                                                                                            I met you all at MBA... My daughter, Lexi Larkin, attended. And, I remember your lovely son. I am so sorry for your loss...My thoughts and prayers are with you!Be well...Rozz Friedman
                                                                                              rozz friedman
                                                                                              Feb 23, 2009
                                                                                              rosemary beach, FL
                                                                                              [/list]
                                                                                              _______
                                                                                              Dear Charmaine & Gordon,
                                                                                              Our deepest condolences to you and your family.
                                                                                              We remember you and Frank from Discovery Group as we related to your family and liked Frank very much. He was a special young man and he will be deeply missed.
                                                                                              We hold you in our hearts and send you our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                              Love, Johanna & Wayne Malen

Johanna & Wayne Malen
                                                                                                Feb 24, 2009
                                                                                                CA
                                                                                                [/list]
                                                                                                _______
                                                                                                McGill Family,
                                                                                                Gary and I are sorry for your loss. May God bless you and give you peace. May God give Frank peace.
                                                                                                With Sincere Sympathy,
                                                                                                Betty and Gary Zuspann

Betty and Gary Zuspann
                                                                                                  Feb 24, 2009
                                                                                                  Waco, TX
                                                                                                  [/list]
                                                                                                  _______
                                                                                                  We just learned this morning...and are still reeling from this tragic news!
                                                                                                  We had the pleasure of meeting young Frank several times during our filming. He was such a fine young man exhibiting the same polite qualities and demeanor, evident by his family upbringing.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Charmaine and Gordon and the entire family during such trying times as we share in this horrific loss.

Lew and Louise Adams
                                                                                                    Feb 25, 2009
                                                                                                    Lakeway, TX
                                                                                                    [/list]
                                                                                                    _______
                                                                                                    Charmaine, Gordon and family,
                                                                                                    I was so sorry to learn of your son, Frank's death.
                                                                                                    Please know that I am thinking of all of you at this tragic time.

With deepest sympathy,

Lynn Pugh Remadna

Lynn Pugh Remadna
                                                                                                      Feb 25, 2009
                                                                                                      TX
                                                                                                      [/list]
                                                                                                      _______
                                                                                                      Charmaine and Gordon, we met on a wilderness FLC in Maine a couple of years ago. I have beautiful pictures of the three of you, and would like to share them with you. I have sent them to Brian Thompson (who was at the funeral services) and he said he would get them to you, however, If i have an email address, I will be happy to send them to you.
                                                                                                      I respect the love and sacrifice you have made for your beautiful, sensitive son. May his tender, profound spirit fill our lives with awareness that each of us are vulnerable and frail, and our lives are gifts. My love and support for you in this time.
                                                                                                      Genie Pritchett, MD

Genie Pritchett, MD
                                                                                                        Feb 26, 2009
                                                                                                        Englewood, CO
                                                                                                        [/list]
                                                                                                        _______
                                                                                                        Charmaine & Gordon, and Mr. & Mrs. Denius,
                                                                                                        I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

All my love,

Matalee Redus

Matalee Redus
                                                                                                          Feb 28, 2009
                                                                                                          Austin, TX
                                                                                                          [/list]
                                                                                                          _______
                                                                                                          Dear McGill Family,
                                                                                                          Please know that my heart is heavy
                                                                                                          with the sorrow of your loss. While I did not know Frank, I have a son, Gordon, just a year older & know how compassionate & tender these young men can be as they strive to mature. Please know that you are in my thoughts & prayers, today & in the difficult days ahead. God Bless you all,
                                                                                                          Carol Brollier Deason, Houston, Texas

Carol Brollier Deason
                                                                                                            Feb 28, 2009
                                                                                                            Houston , TX
                                                                                                            [/list]
                                                                                                            _______
                                                                                                            Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
                                                                                                            With Sympathy,
                                                                                                            The University of Texas Club

Joe Connell
                                                                                                              Mar 2, 2009
                                                                                                              Austin, TX
                                                                                                              [/list]
                                                                                                              _______
                                                                                                              I share the sorrow in your loss and pray for your comforting.
                                                                                                                Burl Sumrall
                                                                                                                Mar 4, 2009
                                                                                                                Ypsilanti, MI
                                                                                                                [/list]
                                                                                                                _______
                                                                                                                To the Denius and McGill Families,
                                                                                                                My thoughts and prayers have been with you at this sad time.

With love and heartfelt sympathy ,

Norma Pugh

Norma Pugh
                                                                                                                  Mar 6, 2009
                                                                                                                  Austin, TX
                                                                                                                  [/list]
                                                                                                                  _______

How can I begin to tell you the sadness we felt upon hearing about young Frank. Although we met only briefly, we were touched deeply by his loss.

I have since tried to contact you by mail but unfortunately my letter was returned. It is my hope that you will receive this so that you can know how much our hearts ache for you and your family and how much our thoughts have been with you since we heard the sad news. May God bless you and may dear Frank finally find his peace among the angels. It is our true hope that peace will also find you and hold you close. We send all of our love.

Elaine and Jay Hanan

Elaine Hanan
                                                                                                                    May 12, 2009
                                                                                                                    Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
                                                                                                                    [/list]

° ° °

Offline Anonymous

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                    • Posts: 164653
                                                                                                                    • Karma: +3/-4
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 11:39:52 AM »
                                                                                                                    FaceBook Group: In Loving Memory of Frank McGill
                                                                                                                    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51359350731

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 11:22:23 PM »
                                                                                                                    Frank McGill (1988-2009)
                                                                                                                    2/27/2009

"Now I know I have a heart, because it's breaking." – The Tin Man

I just returned from Austin, Texas where I attended the memorial service for Frank McGill '07, a Hyde-Bath graduate who took his own life on February 15. Given that the Tin Man captures my feelings, I initially figured I'd keep them to myself. On second thought, that doesn't seem right.

For one thing, Charmaine and Gordon McGill have chosen to try to help others by being open about their son’s struggles right down to his final decision. (The inspiring rector at the service spoke eloquently about the 1 million people each year around the world who choose to end their own lives.) For another, Frank was simply a great kid. A partial list of adjectives that quickly come to my mind would include athletic, considerate, creative, gentle, handsome, kind (!), reflective, studious, and very well dressed. Given the hundreds of people who overflowed the church, it's safe to say that my assessment is not unique. Among the crowd were Hyde friends and families who flew in from all corners of the country with barely 48 hours notice.      

Frank's inability to find serenity with his substance abuse issues inhibited his personal growth throughout his adolescence. But why would he take his own life? Some have suggested that he was overcome by guilt over the anxiety he felt he had brought to his parents and family due to his substance abuse. While that explanation makes some sense to me, I don't pretend to know.

I do know that more than three decades of working with kids have assembled a mega-collage of memories that are stored away in my mind like a bureau drawer overstuffed with yet-to-be-catalogued piles of snapshots and video shorts. There are two that will stay with me when I think of Frank McGill.

First is the "big brother" role he played with my daughter Scout, currently a Hyde junior. For over a decade, she and her sister Mahalia '09 have played that same role for their younger brother Harrison. The truth is that Harrison's autism has demanded and continues to demand a great deal of Scout's care and attention. All the way through middle school Scout gave so much to her brother but never had someone who could play big brother to her. Frank was that person for Scout during her freshman year. She joined me for the trip to Austin as she wanted to say good-bye to a true friend she will always cherish and respect. She was a great source of strength to me on this, the saddest of journeys.

Second is a lacrosse game that Frank played in his senior year. We were going up against one of the top teams in Maine and Frank's job was to cover their top attackman who was an offensive force. He was also quite full of himself and showed a tendency to taunt and "talk a lot of smack." I will never forget the hustle, determination, and class that Frank exhibited that day. He never took the "bait," never volleyed verbally with his opponent's insults. He just stayed focused. By taking the upper hand he drove his opponent nuts and led our team. For me, it was a fun day to be President of Hyde, the way it always is whenever one of our kids does us proud.

After the ceremony, family and friends retreated to a reception across the church courtyard.  One thing for sure: Frank and his family have a lot of friends.  A good friend of mine likes to say, "If you want a friend, you've got to be a friend."  Whether or not Frank had ever heard that saying, the huge crowd of those who came to pay their respects to him showed that he surely lived it.

Rest In Peace,  Malcolm Gauld

Offline Anonymous

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39:17 AM »
                                                                                                                    Quote
                                                                                                                    Frank's inability to find serenity with his substance abuse issues inhibited his personal growth throughout his adolescence. But why would he take his own life? Some have suggested that he was overcome by guilt over the anxiety he felt he had brought to his parents and family due to his substance abuse. While that explanation makes some sense to me, I don't pretend to know.

omg is he 4 real? this is fucking bullshit.

Offline Anonymous

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
                                                                                                                    Quote from: "Guest"
                                                                                                                    Quote

omg is he 4 real? this is fucking bullshit.

Too bad his parents are brain washed culties. Mel and Hyde should be sued for libel.  The poor SOB is dead why the fuck does a fucking Gauld have to pull out his useless cock and piss on the poor kid's grave?  This is completely beyond the pale.  Fuck the Gaulds and fuck Hyde.

Pissed off former "student"

Offline Anonymous

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »
                                                                                                                    ... to figure out that MBA + Hyde + SLBTS = his whole freakin adolescence spent at BM facilities. so much for "education for Life".

Offline Anonymous

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
                                                                                                                    Code: [Select]
                                                                                                                    Frank's inability to find serenity with his substance abuse issues inhibited his personal growth throughout his adolescence

Is this a violation of a dead mans privacy, to publish as fact that he had "substance abuse issues?"

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    « Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 12:45:02 AM »
                                                                                                                    Quote from: "barney frank gerhy marshall dylan thomas mann"
                                                                                                                    Code: [Select]
                                                                                                                    Frank's inability to find serenity with his substance abuse issues inhibited his personal growth throughout his adolescenceIs this a violation of a dead mans privacy, to publish as fact that he had "substance abuse issues?"

IMO it kinda sucks; big time.

To be fair, Malcolm did mention that Frank's parents wished to be open about Frank's "substance abuse" issues:

"For one thing, Charmaine and Gordon McGill have chosen to try to help others by being open about their son's struggles right down to his final decision."[/list]

That said, to go about it the way Malcolm did is, to my mind, a bit garish and lame. I can't really articulate it without sounding like a pompous old stiff, but there is something about his approach which rubs me the wrong way. Especially so soon after Frank's death! What if his parents changed their mind? This entry in Malcolm's blog was published just 12 days after Frank took his life.

Even had the McGills given Malcolm carte blanche, this still doesn't excuse the moral-laden, judgmental tone. The reason he suggested as a possible motive was simply not believable. But, hey, that's Hyde for ya. What else do you expect a cult leader to say? In the end, if it doesn't work out, it's always the kid's fault or inherent flaw. And if it does work out, it's always due to the "superior character education" they received at Hyde School.