Author Topic: AARC'S RESPoNSE TO FIFTH ESTATE STORY  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC'S RESPoNSE TO FIFTH ESTATE STORY
« on: February 14, 2009, 06:45:44 PM »
This is how they are responding - no questions, no interview, just old TV programs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AARCAlberta

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrDeanVause
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: AARC'S RESPoNSE TO FIFTH ESTATE STORY
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
LIAR!

(Ha! It's their own technique)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:14:37 AM »
The jessie Smyth story is a good one.  It seems to depend on the kids attitude whether or not they see the program as abusive or helpful.  It can go either way, they are definitely helping kids there at AARC.  It is good to see families like the Smyths getting help and being brought back together.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 11:17:18 AM »
These videos were posted on youtube when?

Looks like they scrambled to get it out there before 5th Estate aired their piece!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 03:59:43 AM »
Jesus, are AARC supporters that blind? Saying that abuse is all about how you see it? Do they go around to rape victims saying rape is all about how you view it.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:33:37 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Jesus, are AARC supporters that blind? Saying that abuse is all about how you see it? Do they go around to rape victims saying rape is all about how you view it.
The Jessie smyth story wasnt even about abuse or rape.  He never said anything like that.  I suspect that you did not watch the video.  I do not know how long you have been visiting here but you should be aware that what you read here on fornits is filtered so that readers only see extremely negative posts so it is understandable that you may have this opinion or be shocked by experiences like Jessies.  There are many stories like Jessies that dont make it onto this board.
I did not know this myself until I responded to a post which had pictures of staff members having a party or something and I responded with a not so negative post (it wasnt overly positive either) and my post was filtered out of the conversation.  So just be aware that there is an effert to control the information here, Just to be fair, I am not sure how far this goes and I like reading here, but it does exist so just keep that in mind when reading.
This message may get filtered also.  Its a tossup and doesnt happen all the time.  Maybe it depends on who is the admin that day.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:42:54 AM »
The Jessie smyth story wasnt even about abuse or rape.  He never said anything like that.  I suspect that you did not watch the video.  I do not know how long you have been visiting here but you should be aware that what you read here on fornits is filtered so that readers only see extremely negative posts so it is understandable that you may have this opinion or be shocked by experiences like Jessies.

That's a fuckin lie.  Pardon me but fornits is completely unmoderated except where explicitly specified in the index (facilities Q&A, CAN, melting pot).  There is nobody filtering *anything* on this board.  Example here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26974
Myself and Ginger catch flak for it all the time.  There is lots of stuff personally attacking and defaming me, but it remains up.  Example here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25445

If a majority the posts seem to be negative towards AARC, it's a reflection of how the majority feels on the matter.  No authority has dictated anything and nobody controls the dialogue.  You're can say what you wish or even insult your hosts here, and feel free that it won't be censored or deleted.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
The Jessie smyth story wasnt even about abuse or rape.  He never said anything like that.  I suspect that you did not watch the video.  I do not know how long you have been visiting here but you should be aware that what you read here on fornits is filtered so that readers only see extremely negative posts so it is understandable that you may have this opinion or be shocked by experiences like Jessies.

That's a fuckin lie.  Pardon me but fornits is completely unmoderated except where explicitly specified in the index (facilities Q&A, CAN, melting pot).  There is nobody filtering *anything* on this board.  Example here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26974
Myself and Ginger catch flak for it all the time.  There is lots of stuff personally attacking and defaming me, but it remains up.  Example here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25445

If a majority the posts seem to be negative towards AARC, it's a reflection of how the majority feels on the matter.  No authority has dictated anything and nobody controls the dialogue.  You're can say what you wish or even insult your hosts here, and feel free that it won't be censored or deleted.

I saw from your link that there is some stuff that should have been erased or taken off.  But dont call me a liar.  I don’t know who you are.  I dont visit the areas you mentioned.  I come here a couple of times a week and read from “New Posts”.  There was a person talking about pictures of staff who were restraining a baby.  I responded that it did not look like the baby was being restrained or that they looked like they were having fun (I don’t remember).  I was not rude, just giving my opinion, but my post was filtered out I guess because I didnt agree with them or my post went aginst the message they wanted others to hear.  I thought it was a glitch on my end so I tried it again and they were definitely deleted.  Dont call me a liar again.  If I could find it again I would show you but I dont remember the name of the topic.  It was about a week ago.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 09:12:26 AM »
I saw from your link that there is some stuff that should have been erased or taken off.  But dont call me a liar.  I don’t know who you are.  I dont visit the areas you mentioned.  I come here a couple of times a week and read from “New Posts”.  There was a person talking about pictures of staff who were restraining a baby.  I responded that it did not look like the baby was being restrained or that they looked like they were having fun (I don’t remember).  I was not rude, just giving my opinion, but my post was filtered out I guess because I didnt agree with them or my post went aginst the message they wanted others to hear.  I thought it was a glitch on my end so I tried it again and they were definitely deleted.  Dont call me a liar again.  If I could find it again I would show you but I dont remember the name of the topic.  It was about a week ago.

I am familiar with the topic.  It was in the CAN forum, which is moderated.  I apologize.  Understand, though, that 90% of this forum is completely unmoderated.  That being said, I think this was a techincal glitch with guest posting in that forum.  Your post seems to be stuck in the moderation queue.  I'll approve it immediately and let the moderators of that forum decide what to do with it.

There you go:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26965#p325952

I'll also look into the permissions for that forum.  Originally I believe the policy for Can was that guests could not post, but that may change (i'll have to discuss it with Deprogrammed who sort of "owns" that section of fornits).  If you're a registered user you should have no problems posting in that forum.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »
Thank you, Sorry if I was harsh, I like reading here on fornits.  I take back what I said about the posts being filtered here.  The post I wrote wasn’t really important but it made me wonder how many others were not making it out to the public.  I should have tried to find access to an administrator before I accused everyone I am sorry.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »
Thank you, Sorry if I was harsh, I like reading here on fornits.  I take back what I said about the posts being filtered here.  The post I wrote wasn’t really important but it made me wonder how many others were not making it out to the public.  I should have tried to find access to an administrator before I accused everyone I am sorry.
Shit happens, as to technical glitches.  No worries.  Sorry for calling you a liar.

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »
I see lots of loud protest on Facebook and the CBC comments. How will AARC respond? When will their lawyer com forward - Dean Vause will be muzzled, sadly, as he has the most to answer for. What is interesting is how AARC is now alienating it's powerful supporters - the police, CBC etc. The longer the questions remain unanswered the more questions will arise. To AARC supporters I ask what is wrong with asking questions? AARC forces people to answer questions all the time - they ask until they get the right answer.

AARC has access to any media outlet it chooses. I hope they get their story out as soon as possible.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
Quote from: "anonAARCgrad"
I see lots of loud protest on Facebook and the CBC comments. How will AARC respond? When will their lawyer com forward - Dean Vause will be muzzled, sadly, as he has the most to answer for. What is interesting is how AARC is now alienating it's powerful supporters - the police, CBC etc. The longer the questions remain unanswered the more questions will arise. To AARC supporters I ask what is wrong with asking questions? AARC forces people to answer questions all the time - they ask until they get the right answer.

And that is used to give the illusion to kids that they came to the conclusions themselves and that nothing was forced.  In the program I was in it was not just confessions but also being told that you were "fake" until you became the person they wanted you to be (by adapting to the behaviors of those who "suceeded" in the program around you).  In my experience, it just meant that the best cons with the least qualms about stabbing people in the back got ahead the fastest in the program.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »
AARC has access to any media outlet it chooses. I hope they get their story out as soon as possible.

If they act like the PFC folks, they're fucked.  All they know how to do is attack (never defend) like the scientologists.  It makes them look nuts.

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
Quote from: "psy"

If they act like the PFC folks, they're fucked.  All they know how to do is attack (never defend) like the scientologists.  It makes them look nuts.

I am glad supporters keep talking, they certainly look like Moonies. Leader worship. Cult practices. Rationalizing abuse and greed. I hope parents begin to question. I know AADAC hates AARC, perhaps their funding will dry up.