Author Topic: Pathway getting inspected?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Pathway getting inspected?
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:53:42 AM »
2nd agency inspects teen
rehab center

Updated: Saturday, 14 Feb 2009, 12:07 AM EST
Published : Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 11:37 PM EST

Karen Hensel
Edited by Andrew Bonner

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A second state agency is investigating Pathway Family Center. The Division of Mental Health and Addiction is looking into a complaint filed by the father of a teen treated inside the center.

Our story about Pathway last week sparked more than 1,100 comments on our Web site. Now, we take a closer look at Pathway and addiction treatment in Indianapolis.

Each morning, cars pull up to Pathway Family Center in Castleton and kids get out to start their day of rehabilitation. One such child is 17-year-old Jamal, from Chesterton. He's been at Pathway for nine months.

"I started using drugs, didn't like myself. Didn't know myself. I was a follower," said Jamal.

Jamal is one of 37 kids at the Indianapolis addiction treatment center.

"I feel like this program has made me a lot more in touch with myself," said Jamal.

Pathway arranged for 24-Hour News 8 to talk to Jamal's mom and two other parents who swear by the center's ability to save their children from destructive addictions.

"Since he's come to Pathway, it's amazing, he's a young man," said Carlet, Jamal's mom.

Terri Nissley, Pathway's CEO, says they have a great track record.

"We're an open book and have nothing to hide," said Nissley.

But not everyone agrees.

Mark West is a non-custodial parent of a 17-year-old inside Pathway. In a formal complaint filed with the attorney general's office and the state's division of mental health and addiction, West says Pathway's methods gravely concern him.

"I am a parent of a kid who has problems, who acted badly. His behavior was not what should have been. Does he need to isolated? No," said West.

Sharon Pierce is the former director of child welfare in the state of Indiana. She says most addiction treatment groups have a 50-to-60 percent success rate, leaving some people unhappy. Still, she believes all deserve close watch.

"Sometimes the conscience of the community will have a tolerance for certain services and not others," said Pierce.

The complaint being investigated by two state agencies alleges "substandard housing and care" including kids sleeping in locked rooms with widows bolted shut and no lights. Also, at least one 17-year-old allegedly missed a complete year of school.

But Pathway disagrees with his allegations and sticks by the program. So do some parents and kids.

But that isn't stopping Mark West, whose son has been in Pathway for a year. He is a father who now communicates with his son via a sign on a dumpster nearby, which reads "Never Give Up".

Source:
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/i_team_8 ... hab_center
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Pathway getting inspected?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »
details of the open book can be confirmed with hard copy support.  this father's concern and encounters with pfc are very real. let me just relate in pathway mentallity  "trust me we know"   with that i say trust me with what is being alledged.  the general public has not a clue.  i also  want you to ask  yourself, if i knew that substance abuse programs/wilderness camps, behavior modifaction facilities are not government regulated and have no real oversite of operation,  with that being  documented standards of acceptable operation,  dictated do's and don'ts by our government, which do exsist in the already ledgitmate established medical/mental health industry,  would you as a responsible parent sign/contract  away your parental rights and place blind faith in strangers.  did you hire unkown babysitters when your child was an infant,  to come to your house so you and your significant other could go out for dinner?   i'm not discounting the difficult postition of defiant teens.  but as a parent,  to subcome to strangers who are now  ruling your behavior and dictating what is right and what is wrong, and going to tell you how you are going to live your life while your teen in in this program, or else??  yeah the big or else bla bla bla,   is  insane.    i mean for me,  having a carbohydrate addiction,  just saying addiction is and addiction, it comes in many destructive forms,  that is just being realistic.   i have automatically  acquired the 5 criteria for critical thinking,  prior to my child growing up, and used the serenity prayer a million times before this point in time with my teen.  and thought thought thought, first things first, easy does it.  i mean as Dr Phil says "get real you people"   this parental gut,instintual feeling, self awareness that is genetically born into us is a sign from our higher power and then some.   nobody is going to take charge of my adult life,  tell me to quit my job or imply ("or else")   and expect me to take responsibility (of 4 teens and not 1 of my own, to my home who i donot know), and take  b]key word here http://liability of, condone lack of an education within their http://full proofhttp:// methods of  a program, seriously, i question that the employees here cannot  be playing with a full deck of cards here.    its not rocket science....... ::deadhorse::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 01:09:32 AM »
keep the comments going!!!!!
get the second report up to over 1,100 posts!!!
dont slow down

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 01:28:30 AM »
Quote from: "collateral damage"
details of the open book can be confirmed with hard copy support.  this father's concern and encounters with pfc are very real. let me just relate in pathway mentallity  "trust me we know"   with that i say trust me with what is being alledged.  the general public has not a clue.  i also  want you to ask  yourself, if i knew that substance abuse programs/wilderness camps, behavior modifaction facilities are not government regulated and have no real oversite of operation,  with that being  documented standards of acceptable operation,  dictated do's and don'ts by our government, which do exsist in the already ledgitmate established medical/mental health industry,  would you as a responsible parent sign/contract  away your parental rights and place blind faith in strangers.  did you hire unkown babysitters when your child was an infant,  to come to your house so you and your significant other could go out for dinner?   i'm not discounting the difficult postition of defiant teens.  but as a parent,  to subcome to strangers who are now  ruling your behavior and dictating what is right and what is wrong, and going to tell you how you are going to live your life while your teen in in this program, or else??  yeah the big or else bla bla bla,   is  insane.    i mean for me,  having a carbohydrate addiction,  just saying addiction is and addiction, it comes in many destructive forms,  that is just being realistic.   i have automatically  acquired the 5 criteria for critical thinking,  prior to my child growing up, and used the serenity prayer a million times before this point in time with my teen.  and thought thought thought, first things first, easy does it.  i mean as Dr Phil says "get real you people"   this parental gut,instintual feeling, self awareness that is genetically born into us is a sign from our higher power and then some.   nobody is going to take charge of my adult life,  tell me to quit my job or imply ("or else")   and expect me to take responsibility (of 4 teens and not 1 of my own, to my home who i donot know), and take  b]key word here http://liability of, condone lack of an education within their http://full proofhttp:// methods of  a program, seriously, i question that the employees here cannot  be playing with a full deck of cards here.    its not rocket science....... ::deadhorse::

While I agree with your sentiments and wholeheartedly laud the intentions of your post, you really need to find someone else to quote.

Da Phil is a shill for Lifespring* Lite, an unlicensed narcissistic womanizing patient-fucking quack, and an unabashedly enthusiastic whore for programs.

If he knows about Pathways, he's probably one of their fans.

* Lifespring = a very destructive LGAT. Similar to and related to est/Landmark Forum.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 01:41:31 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
dont slow down
I think PFC told their supporters to stand down.  I mean...  critics can always talk to themselves, but it's not nearly as interesting.  Maybe i'll ask Kim questions.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 02:09:37 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
dont slow down
I think PFC told their supporters to stand down.  I mean...  critics can always talk to themselves, but it's not nearly as interesting.  Maybe i'll ask Kim questions.

yeah i think they figured out is done more harm than good. Maybe its just late for them, or they have some creepy cult meeting to sing in. Who knows?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:43:03 AM »
yeah i think they figured out is done more harm than good.

Yup.  The Scientologists learned that lesson long ago.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)